RED VELVET CAKE
Provided by Trisha Yearwood
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Make the cake: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter three 9-inch-round cake pans and line the bottoms with parchment paper; butter the parchment and dust with flour.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt into a large bowl. Whisk the granulated sugar and eggs in a separate large bowl until combined. Gradually stir in the vegetable oil. Add the flour mixture, alternating with the buttermilk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture, stirring well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla and red food coloring.
- Divide the batter evenly among the pans and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Cool the cakes in the pans for 10 minutes, then turn out onto racks to finish cooling; peel off the parchment.
- Make the frosting: Beat the cream cheese and butter in a large bowl with a mixer until creamy. Beat in the confectioners' sugar until the mixture is smooth. Beat in the vanilla and nuts, reserving 2 tablespoons nuts for garnish. (You can make the cakes and/or frosting up to 2 days ahead; wrap the cakes in plastic wrap and refrigerate the frosting.)
- Spread the frosting between the layers, on the side and on top of the cake. Garnish with the reserved pecans.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING FOR RED VELVET CAKE
Provided by Alton Brown
Yield about 3 cups
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Combine the cream cheese and butter on medium speed, just until blended, in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the vanilla and salt and beat until combined. With the speed on low, add the powdered sugar in 4 batches, beating until smooth between each addition. Refrigerate for 5 to 10 minutes before using.
RED VELVET CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
Red velvet cake is much more than vanilla cake tinted red. This recipe produces the best red velvet cake with superior buttery, vanilla, and cocoa flavors, as well as a delicious tang from buttermilk. My trick is to whip the egg whites, which guarantees a smooth velvet crumb.
Provided by Sally
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Grease two 9-inch cake pans, line with parchment paper, then grease the parchment paper. Parchment paper helps the cakes seamlessly release from the pans.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar together on medium-high speed until combined, about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides and up the bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed. Add the oil, egg yolks, vanilla extract, and vinegar and beat on high for 2 minutes. (Set the egg whites aside.) Scrape down the sides and up the bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients in 2-3 additions alternating with the buttermilk. Beat in your desired amount of food coloring just until combined. I use 1-2 teaspoons gel food coloring. Vigorously whisk or beat the 4 egg whites on high speed until fluffy peaks form as pictured above, about 3 minutes. Gently fold into cake batter. The batter will be silky and slightly thick.
- Divide batter between cake pans. Bake for 30-32 minutes or until the tops of the cakes spring back when gently touched and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If the cakes need a little longer as determined by wet crumbs on the toothpick, bake for longer. However, careful not to overbake as the cakes may dry out. Remove cakes from the oven and cool completely in the pans set on a wire rack. The cakes must be completely cool before frosting and assembling.
- In a large bowl using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a whisk or paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and butter together on medium-high speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add the confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds, then increase to high speed and beat for 3 minutes until completely combined and creamy. Add more confectioners' sugar if frosting is too thin or an extra pinch of salt if frosting is too sweet. Frosting should be soft, but not runny.
- Using a large serrated knife, slice a thin layer off the tops of the cakes to create a flat surface. Discard or crumble over finished cake. Place 1 cake layer on your cake stand or serving plate. Evenly cover the top with frosting. Top with 2nd layer and spread remaining frosting all over the top and sides. I always use an icing spatula and bench scraper for the frosting. I used Wilton piping tip #12 for decoration around the top.
- Refrigerate cake for at least 30-60 minutes before slicing. This helps the cake hold its shape when cutting.
- Cover leftover cake tightly and store in the refrigerator for 5 days. Frosted cake or unfrosted cake layers can be frozen up to 2-3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and bring to room temperature before decorating/serving.
HOMEMADE RED VELVET CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
I came up with this recipe after going through tons of recipes and reviews. I like nice solid cakes, and this one is a little on the dense side but it's moist and has good amounts of chocolate and vanilla so that you can taste them but they're not overpowering. It is to-die-for good with frosting that is not too sweet or heavy.
Provided by iluvfewd
Categories Desserts Cakes Red Velvet Cake Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter and flour two 9x2-inch cake pans.
- Sift flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl and set aside.
- Whisk eggs in a large mixing bowl until yolks are broken. Add oil, buttermilk, sour cream, red food coloring, vanilla extract, and vinegar; mix to combine. Add flour mixture in 3 batches, mixing by hand as little as possible so as not to overbeat. If mixing with an electric mixer, add flour mixture and mix until just incorporated. Divide batter evenly between the prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before removing cakes from pans to cool completely on a wire rack, 20 to 30 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, whip cream cheese in a bowl using an electric mixer on high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Scrape into a different bowl.
- Sift sugar, flour, and salt together in a medium saucepan. Turn heat to medium-high and whisk in milk and vanilla extract slowly until there are no lumps. Cook until it starts to bubble and becomes thick and pudding-like, 7 to 8 minutes. Pour into a mixing bowl and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Whisk chilled mixture using an electric mixer with a whisk attachment for 5 minutes. Add whipped cream cheese slowly, whisking until you have a smooth frosting, about 5 minutes more. Use to frost cooled cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 758.3 calories, Carbohydrate 80.7 g, Cholesterol 94.6 mg, Fat 45 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 10.1 g, SaturatedFat 14 g, Sodium 691.5 mg, Sugar 52.9 g
CLASSIC RED VELVET CAKE
This ruby-red cake with it's lovely cream cheese frosting has become my "signature dessert." I can't go to any family function without it. The cake is very moist with a buttery chocolate taste. -Katie Sloan, Charlotte, North Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the food coloring, vinegar, butter flavoring and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. , Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely., In a large bowl, combine frosting ingredients; beat until smooth and creamy. Spread between layers and over top and sides of cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 583 calories, Fat 24g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 77mg cholesterol, Sodium 468mg sodium, Carbohydrate 87g carbohydrate (61g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
RED VELVET CAKE AND CREAM CHEESE ICING (PAULA DEEN)
I seen this on Paula Deen's Paula's Home Cooking and have been making this one ever since! Makes a great cake for Christmas or Valentine's Day! Very pretty cake too; I take the coconut and pecans and press only into the sides of the cake ( I make it as a round two layer cake), makes for a very pretty presentation!!!
Provided by robingracejohnson
Yield 1 cake, 12-15 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl cream sugar and butter, beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs on at a time.
- Mix cocoa and food coloring together in a small bowl; add to mixture and mix well.
- Sift together cake flour and salt.
- Add flour to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour.
- Blend in vanilla.
- In a small bowl combine baking soda and vineager. Add to mixture.
- Pour batter into 2 9inch or 3 8 inch cake pans.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until done.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- For Icing:.
- Blend cream cheese and butter together in a mixing bowl.
- Add marshmallow creme and sugar; blend well.
- Fold in coconut and nuts if desired (or what I always do is press them into just the sides of the cake after I get the icing on it; very pretty this way!).
- Spread between layers and on top and sides of cooled cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 733.2, Fat 30.9, SaturatedFat 18.6, Cholesterol 113.7, Sodium 559.7, Carbohydrate 110.6, Fiber 0.7, Sugar 80.9, Protein 5.8
VERY RED VELVET CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE ICING AND PECANS
No cocoa means this red velvet cake is a vibrant magenta. To finish: a classic cream cheese frosting and a scattering of chopped pecans.
Provided by Dora Charles
Categories Juneteenth Cake Birthday Bake Cream Cheese Pecan Buttermilk Peanut Free Vegetarian
Yield Serves 12-16
Number Of Ingredients 15
- To make the cake: Set the oven to 350°F and adjust the rack positions to the middle and top third. Spray three 8-inch round cake pans well with baking spray.
- Sift the flour with the baking soda.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the eggs well, then beat in the sugar, oil, and vinegar. On low speed, slowly add the flour and beat in well. Add the buttermilk slowly, then the vanilla, and then the food coloring.
- Pour the batter evenly into the pans and rap them on the countertop several times to eliminate any air bubbles. Bake for 12 minutes, then rotate the pans from shelf to shelf so they bake evenly and bake until the tops spring back when lightly touched, about 25 minutes altogether. Let the cakes cool in the pans on racks for 15 minutes.
- Run a knife around the sides of the pans and invert the cakes onto the racks to cool completely. Once they're cool, refrigerate the cakes for 20 to 30 minutes to make icing them easier.
- To make the icing: Combine everything in a medium bowl and mix well until very smooth. It's best to use the icing right away, when it's soft and spreadable.
- Put one cake layer upside down on a cake plate or cake stand and cover the top evenly with frosting. Add a second layer, right side up, and spread with more frosting. Top with the third layer, right side up, and spread the frosting evenly around the sides of the cake and on top; check for any places where you can see through to the cake. Finally, sprinkle the pecans evenly all over the top of the cake.
- Once the frosting sets, cut into slices to serve. This cake keeps for up to 2 weeks in a cake keeper, but once it's ready, people want to dive right in.
MISSY'S RED VELVET CAKE W/CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
This is a combination of both my Mom and Grandmother's recipes that I've tweeked to make my own. It brings back wonderful memories of my childhood, that I can now share with my children. FYI: Please make sure that refridgerated items are room temp before using and also make sure that you sift the cake flour/salt 3x and sift the confectioners' sugar 2x
Provided by DNicki
Yield 2-4 layers, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray pans w/Pam Baking Spray or grease and flour two 9-in. cake pans; set pans aside.
- With electric mixer on medium speed, beat eggs, shortening and sugar until well combined. Add the food coloring and cocoa, mixing well. Add the butter and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, sift the cake flour & salt three times. Slowly add to creamed mixture. Add the buttermilk and mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine baking soda & vinegar, stirring until baking soda is dissolved. Once dissolved, add to batter and mix well.
- Pour batter into the prepared pans & bake about 20 mins or until cake springs back upon touch. Let layers cool completely on wire racks.
- While cakes are cooling, prepare frosting. Using an electric mixer, combine butter, vanilla & cream cheese until completely blended. Reduce mixer speed & gradually add sifted confectioners' sugar. Once completely blended, add chopped pecans, if desired.
More about "very red velvet cake with cream cheese icing and pecans recipes"
RECIPE FOR CLASSIC RED VELVET CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE …
5/5 (3)Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
RED VELVET CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING - THE …
RED VELVET CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE PECAN FROSTING
RED VELVET CAKE | RECIPETIN EATS
CHOCOLATE VELVET CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE-BUTTER …
MINI RED VELVET CAKE FOR TWO - ZONA COOKS
RED VELVET CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING - DUNCAN …
*BEST* RED VELVET CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
RED VELVET CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING RECIPE
RED VELVET CAKE (WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING) - COOKING …
CLASSIC RED VELVET CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
THE BEST EVER RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE | I HEART RECIPES
CLASSIC RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE + CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
RED VELVET CAKE WITH VANILLA CREAM CHEESE FROSTING | TASTE
RED VELVET CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING - BAKING A MOMENT
RED VELVET CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING - BAKING ENVY
FAVORITE RED VELVET CAKE WITH CREAMY PECAN FROSTING - COOKS.COM
RED VELVET CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE PECAN FROSTING - BIGOVEN.COM
EASY RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
RED VELVET CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING - WINDY CITY BAKER
[I ATE] RED VELVET CAKE W/CREAM CHEESE ICING, WITH PECANS
RED VELVET CHEESECAKES WITH CREAMCHEESE FROSTING AND PECANS.
EASY RED VELVET CAKE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING - MOUCHKA IN THE …
RED VELVET CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING - HAPPY TUMMY …
EASY RED VELVET CAKE WITH VANILLA CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
RED VELVET CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING - MEALS BY MOLLY
RED VELVET CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING - BAKERS TABLE
BEST RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING + BERRIES
RED VELVET CAKE WITH PECAN AND CREAM CHEESE FROSTING | CAKE …
RED VELVET POKE CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING - AVERIE COOKS
RED VELVET LAYER CAKE: DELICIOUS RECIPE FROM SCRATCH
RED VELVET CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
EASY RED VELVET SHEET CAKE RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
RED VELVET CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
RED VELVET CAKE! - JANE'S PATISSERIE
RED VELVET POUND CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE GLAZE - DIVAS CAN COOK
RED VELVET CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
EASY VEGAN RED VELVET CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
RED VELVET TRAYBAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE ICING - BAKING MAD
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love