CRISPY SALT-AND-VINEGAR POTATOES
Cooking the potatoes in vinegar seasons them from within, and a final drizzle boosts the flavor.
Categories Potato Side Kid-Friendly Quick & Easy Spring Summer Chive Bon Appétit Sugar Conscious Vegetarian Pescatarian Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added Kosher Small Plates
Yield Makes 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Combine potatoes, 1 cup vinegar, and 1 tablespoon kosher salt in a medium saucepan; add water to cover by 1". Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until potatoes are tender, 20-25 minutes; drain and pat dry.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over mediumhigh heat. Add potatoes; season with kosher salt and pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally, until golden brown and crisp, 8-10 minutes. Drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar. Serve topped with chives and sea salt.
AIR FRYER SALT AND VINEGAR FRIES FOR ONE
When you're home alone and don't want to run to the store or grab takeout, you can still have crispy fries with that salt and vinegar kick. You can double this recipe if you're in the mood for more.
Provided by Buckwheat Queen
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Peel potato and cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch sticks. Rinse potato sticks under cold running water for a few seconds. Transfer to a large bowl. Add vinegar and just enough water to cover the potatoes. Let soak for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the air fryer to 320 degrees F (160 degrees C).
- Drain and pat the potatoes dry. Toss with oil, salt, and pepper in a bowl and transfer to the air fryer basket.
- Cook in the preheated air fryer until soft but not browned, about 16 minutes. Shake the basket and raise the temperature to 355 degrees F (180 degrees C). Air fry for 6 minutes, shake, and check for doneness. Cook until outsides of fries are crispy and browned, about 6 minutes more. Taste and adjust salt before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 150.2 calories, Carbohydrate 33.1 g, Fat 0.2 g, Fiber 2.9 g, Protein 3.8 g, Sodium 166.1 mg
VINEGAR AIR AND SALTY CRISPY POTATOES - BRITISH LARDER
Entered for safekeeping, by Madalene Bonvini-Hamel of The British Larder. The recipe's name tickles me. I imagine snacking on these in front of a soccer match with a fine ale. Bring out the mandolin, the deep fryer (or spray them with nonstick spray and bake them in the oven if you must), and a cream whipper (which needs 2 Nitrous Oxide pellets). (If you don't have a cream whipper, you could whip with a hand mixer or stand mixer, it just won't be as chic. But if you were looking for an excuse to get a professional cream whipper, here it is.) (See Recipe #13526 for directions to microwave the potato chips.) This may be made into a Vegetarian dish if agar agar replaced the gelatin. There! You have made gourmet potato chips! Eat with attitude!
Provided by KateL
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- BALSAMIC VINEGAR AIR:.
- Soak the gelatin in cold water per package directions. (Do not let soak too long, follow package directions).
- In a small saucepan, heat the water and dissolve the gelatin in the hot water.
- USING CREAM WHIPPER:.
- Add the gelatin water to the balsamic vinegar and pour the solution into a clean cream whipper.
- Charge the cream whipper with 2 Nitrous Oxide pellets and shake vigorously. Cool the cream whipper in the fridge to soft set the gelatine.
- USING HAND MIXER OR STAND MIXER:.
- Add the gelatin water to the balsamic vinegar and pour the solution into a clean whipping bowl.
- Whip to soft peaks, and then put whipping bowl in the refrigerator to soft set the gelatin.
- BEFORE SERVING:.
- Before serving, shake the cream whipper vigorously and squirt the foam into a small dish to serve with the warm crispy salty potatoes. (Or whip to foamy state in whipping bowl and put in small dish.).
- SALTY CRISPY POTATOES:.
- Peel the potatoes. Use a Japanese mandolin to slice the potato thinly (wafer thin). Place the sliced potatoes in a deep bucket of water. Wash the potatoes under cold running water to remove as much of the starch as possible.
- Heat the deep fryer to 160 degrees C (325 F). (Or preheat oven to 175 C or 350 F.).
- Drain the potatoes and pat them as dry as possible.
- FRY the slices of potato in small batches and stir them all the time to prevent them from sticking together. Once they are golden brown and crisp, remove them from the fryer with a slotted spoon and drain them on paper towels. Immediately dust them with coarse sea salt.
- Alternatively, BAKE the potato slices in a single layer on top of parchment-paper covered baking sheet. Spray with nonstick cooking spray. Bake until golden brown, about 10-15 minutes, then remove to paper towel lined plate. Immediately dust them with coarse sea salt.
- Repeat the process until all the potatoes are cooked. Serve the freshly cooked Salty Crispy Potatoes with a generous amount of Vinegar Air.
More about "vinegar air and salty crispy potatoes british larder recipes"
CRISPY SALT AND VINEGAR POTATOES: THE PERFECT BALANCE OF ...
Servings 10Total Time 15 mins
- In a large pot, combine the potatoes, white vinegar, and salt. Cover the potatoes with cold water by two inches. Bring to boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are fork-tender, about 20 minutes.
- Divide the cooked potatoes between the prepared baking sheets. Drizzle them with olive oil, salt and pepper and toss to combine. Spread them out as much as possible on the baking sheets. Roast until golden and crispy, about 15 minutes.
CRISPY SALT-AND-VINEGAR POTATOES RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
3.8/5 (656)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 4Total Time 45 mins
- Combine potatoes, 1 cup vinegar, and 1 Tbsp. kosher salt in a medium saucepan; add water to cover by 1”. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until potatoes are tender, 20–25 minutes; drain and pat dry.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add potatoes; season with kosher salt and pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally, until golden brown and crisp, 8–10 minutes. Drizzle with remaining 2 Tbsp. vinegar. Serve topped with chives and sea salt.
BEST SALT & VINEGAR CRISPY POTATOES - HOW TO MAKE SALT ...
5/5 (7)Category Appetizers, Side Dish, Snack
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large pot, combine potatoes, vinegar, and 1 tablespoon kosher salt, then add enough water to cover potatoes.
CRISPY SALT AND VINEGAR POTATOES | 12 TOMATOES
5/5 (2)Category SideServings 4Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- In a medium saucepan, combine potatoes, 1 cup vinegar, and 1 tablespoon of salt. Add water to cover by 1-inch. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until tender, 20-25 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add potatoes, season with salt and pepper and cook, tossing occasionally until crispy, 8-10 minutes.
CRISPY (FLUFFY!) SALT AND VINEGAR POTATOES RECIPE - DINNER ...
5/5 (6)Total Time 1 hrCategory Side DishCalories 121 per serving
AIR FRYER SALT AND VINEGAR CHICKPEAS - FORK TO SPOON
Reviews 2Servings 2Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 20 mins
- Add your chickpeas to the air fryer basket or spread them over the air fryer tray. Spread them out so that they are in a single layer, as they will cook more evenly.
CRISPY SALT AND VINEGAR POTATO WEDGES - THE BUSY BAKER
5/5 (1)Total Time 35 minsCategory Side DishCalories 353 per serving
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a baking sheet by greasing it with a little bit of oil.
- In a large bowl, add the potato wedges after you've washed and dried the potatoes, and cut them into wedges. To cut them into wedges, simply cut them in half lengthwise, in half again lengthwise, and then in half again lengthwise. This will yield about 8 wedges per potato.
- Add the potato wedges to a large bowl and add the salt, paprika, garlic powder, pepper, oil and vinegar. Toss very well to combine.
SALT AND VINEGAR POTATOES | NIGELLA'S RECIPES | NIGELLA LAWSON
HOMEMADE AIR FRYER SALT AND VINEGAR CHIPS - THE LEAF
5/5 (1)Calories 97Servings 6Calories 97 per serving
CRISPY SALT AND VINEGAR SMASHED POTATOES RECIPE
5/5 (5)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory Smashed PotatoesCalories 316 per serving
BRITISH SALT + VINEGAR POTATOES? - PALEO BASED RECIPES ...
5/5 (4)Category Side DishCuisine AmericanTotal Time 50 mins
CRISPY SALT AND VINEGAR POTATOES - THE REAL DILL®
ORFORD-LANDED SEABASS WITH CRISPY ... - THE BRITISH LARDER
VINEGAR AIR AND SALTY CRISPY POTATOES RECIPE AND FOOD ...
GREEN BEANS CARROTS OR CAULIFLOWER MARINATED IN DILL RECIPES
VINEGAR AIR AND SALTY CRISPY POTATOES BRITISH LARDER RECIPES
VINEGAR AIR AND SALTY CRISPY POTATOES BRITISH LARDER
VINEGAR AIR AND SALTY CRISPY POTATOES BRITISH LARDER ...
VINEGAR AIR AND SALTY CRISPY POTATOES - THE BRITISH LARDER ...
ESPUMA RECIPES – THE BRITISH LARDER
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make salt and vinegar crispy potatoes?Directions. Preheat oven to 425°. In a large pot, combine potatoes, vinegar, and 1 tablespoon kosher satl, then add enough water to cover potatoes. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Drain potatoes and pat dry with a clean towel. Divide cooked potatoes between two large rimmed baking sheets.
How long to bake salt and vinegar potato wedges?Roast for about 22-25 minutes at 425 degrees Fahrenheit, or until the wedges are very crispy and brown. Remove them from the oven, toss with some flaky sea salt and a drizzle of vinegar, and serve immediately. These wedges are best enjoyed right after baking (for ultimate crispiness).
How long to cook salt and vinegar Fries in air fryer?Preheat the air fryer to 320 degrees F (160 degrees C). Drain and pat the potatoes dry. Toss with oil, salt, and pepper in a bowl and transfer to the air fryer basket. Cook in the preheated air fryer until soft but not browned, about 16 minutes.
What happens when you boil potatoes in vinegar?This is where the magic happens. By boiling the potatoes in salted, vinegar water first, they absorb all sorts of surprising, tangy flavour. So, you get crispy, brown, roasted potatoes on the outside, but with tender, soft, flavour-infused flesh on the inside.