LEXINGTON-STYLE VINEGAR PULLED PORK SAUCE
Found this recipe in Chile Pepper magazine and modified it a bit. Never having had pulled pork in Lexington, I can't say whether or not it is authentic. I can say it was a really good addition to pulled pork.
Provided by iris5555
Yield 1 cup
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Mix all ingredients together and let sit for at least 10 minutes.
- The longer it sits, the hotter it will get so start with a lesser amount of red pepper flakes if you're a wimp like me.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 276.1, Fat 0.5, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 3308, Carbohydrate 60, Fiber 1.5, Sugar 53.9, Protein 1.6
VINEGAR HOT SAUCE FOR PULLED PORK
Every experienced barbecuer has an opinion on sauces/marinades/rubs. This marinade is made for a pork butt that has already been cooked on a hickory smoke grill with a dry rub. This recipe is from the Loveless Cafe in Nashville, Tennessee. It is to marinate the pulled pork after you have cooked it for an extended time over the smoky hickory fire on your grill. This is to be used before you add barbecue sauce to the meat! It can also be used while cooking, but according to the author, it is to be used after removing the pork butt from the fire, to ensure moistness in the meat. I cooked my pork butt 9 hours before pulling and adding this sauce, but it is worth the wait! I can also see using this like wicker's sloshing sauce...marinating pork ribs and pork butts before cooking to tenderize and reduce cooking time. It has a great flavor and is easy to prepare.
Provided by breezermom
Categories < 15 Mins
Yield 1 1/4 cups
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Bring the water, salt, vinegar, hot sauce, pepper, oregano, brown sugar, dry rub, and garlic to a boil and stop the cooking.
- Pull your pork and let it rest in the marinate.
- Serve, with optional barbecue sauce.
JACK'S OLD SOUTH COMPETITION VINEGAR SAUCE
- Combine all the ingredients in a nonreactive mixing bowl, mixing until the sugar and salt dissolve. Taste for seasoning, adding pepper as needed. Transfer to a clean, sterile jar and refrigerate. Will keep for several months.
Editor's note: To read more about Raichlen and barbecue, go to our feature The Best Barbecue in the U.S.A. Peppery and piquant, this vinegar sauce is the preferred condiment of eastern North Carolina. In the western part of the state, the sauce becomes more tomatoey, while in southern parts of the Carolinas, mustard sauce reigns supreme.
Provided by Steven Raichlen
Yield Makes about 4 cups
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Combine the vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar, salt, red pepper flakes, black pepper, and white pepper with 1 1/3 cups of water in a nonreactive medium-size bowl and whisk until the sugar and salt dissolve. Taste for seasoning, adding more brown sugar and/or salt as necessary; the sauce should be piquant but not quite sour.
VINEGAR BASED BBQ SAUCE
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, salt, cayenne pepper, crushed red pepper flakes and brown sugar. Mix well and allow ingredients to mesh for about 4 to 8 hours before using.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 11 calories, Carbohydrate 1.7 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Sodium 699.3 mg, Sugar 1.4 g
- In a large nonreactive saucepan, combine all the ingredients and bring to a boil, then turn off the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Transfer the sauce to a container, cover, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Do Ahead
- The sauce can be made and chilled for up to 1 week.
More about "vinegar hot sauce for pulled pork recipes"
NORTH CAROLINA-STYLE PULLED PORK WITH VINEGAR SAUCE …
3.4/5 (111)Estimated Reading Time 1 minServings 6-8
- Mix first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add pork and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Press Warm; set timer for 30 minutes (add or subtract time as needed) and press Start to heat the pressure cooker. Heat oil in pot. Working in batches, add pork and cook until browned; transfer to plate. Add broth, beer, and browned pork, with any juices from the plate, to pot. Lock lid in place, making sure vent is sealed. Press Warm; set timer for 42 minutes and press Start to cook.
- Release pressure manually by opening vent. Remove lid. Transfer pork to a platter and let cool. Discard cooking liquid.
- Combine all ingredients in the cleaned pot. Press Warm; set timer for 15 minutes and press Start. Bring to a simmer; cook for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, shred pork with your fingers. Serve with vinegar sauce.
BBQ PULLED PORK SANDWICH WITH CAROLINA VINEGAR SAUCE
THE 9 BEST VINEGAR BARBECUE SAUCE RECIPES
PULLED PORK FINISHING SAUCE - FOX VALLEY FOODIE
PULLED PORK VINEGAR SAUCE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
10 BEST PULLED PORK HOT SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
PULLED PORK VINEGAR SAUCE - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
RECIPE: BBQ PULLED PORK W/ VINEGAR MUSTARD SAUCE
VINEGAR BASED BBQ SAUCE W/ CAROLINA PULLED PORK
PULLED PORK FINISHING SAUCE RECIPE - GRILL MASTER UNIVERSITY
PULLED PORK WITH HOT VINEGAR - TRAEGER PELLET GRILLS, LLC
CAROLINA VINEGAR BBQ SAUCE - A SOUTHERN SOUL
PULLED PORK BARBECUE WITH HOT PEPPER VINEGAR SAUCE
BEST PULLED PORK BARBECUE RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
VINEGAR PULLED PORK SAUCE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
BARBECUE SAUCE RECIPE FOR PULLED PORK - SAUCEPROCLUB.COM
VINEGAR SAUCE RECIPE FOR PULLED PORK - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
10 BEST PULLED PORK WITH VINEGAR SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
VAUNTED VINEGAR SAUCE (FOR PULLED PORK) - BIGOVEN.COM
PULLED PORK SANDWICHES WITH CIDER VINEGAR SAUCE RECIPE
BARBECUE SAUCE RECIPE: NORTH CAROLINA VINEGAR SAUCE - MEATWAVE
PULLED PORK WITH BBQ SAUCE - RECIPETIN EATS
10 BEST PULLED PORK WITH VINEGAR SAUCE RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
CAROLINA VINEGAR BBQ SAUCE - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
PULLED PORK VINEGAR SAUCE BEST RECIPES
HOMEMADE BBQ SAUCE FOR PULLED PORK RECIPES
PULLED PORK BARBECUE WITH HOT PEPPER VINEGAR SAUCE | PORK …
10 BEST PULLED PORK HOT SAUCE RECIPES - YUMMLY
VINEGAR PULLED PORK SAUCE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
PULLED PORK WITH PEPPERED VINEGAR SAUCE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
HOT PEPPER VINEGAR PULLED PORK - COOKEATSHARE
PULLED PORK FINISHING SAUCE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
BEST OVEN-ROASTED PULLED PORK SANDWICHES RECIPES | FOOD …
VINEGAR BARBECUE SAUCE FOR PULLED PORK : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
VINEGAR HOT SAUCE FOR PULLED PORK RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
VINEGAR BARBECUE SAUCE RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
PULLED PORK SANDWICHES | COUSIN VINEGAR CAROLINA-STYLE BARBECUE …
VINEGAR BBQ MOP – A CAROLINA-STYLE PORK SAUCE - JESS PRYLES
CAROLINA VINEGAR BBQ SAUCE - HEY GRILL HEY
PULLED PORK VINEGAR SAUCE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #north-american #condiments-etc #american #southern-united-states #easy #beginner-cook #marinades-and-rubs #stove-top #inexpensive #equipment #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love