WALNUT GRIDDLE CAKES WITH ORANGE BUTTER
- FOR ORANGE BUTTER:
- Mix all ingredients in small bowl; set aside.
- FOR GRIDDLE CAKES:
- Sift first 5 ingredients into medium bowl. Whisk 2 cups milk, egg, egg white and butter in large bowl to blend. Whisk in dry ingredients. Thin with remaining 1/4 cup milk if too thick. Mix in walnuts.
- Preheat oven to 200°F. Spray non-stick griddle or skillet with oil spray. Heat over medium heat. Working in batches, pour batter onto griddle by scant 1/4 cupfuls. Cook until bubbles appear and bottoms of griddle cakes are golden, about 3 minutes. Turn and cook until bottoms are golden, about 2 minutes. Transfer to baking sheet. Keep warm in oven. Serve with orange butter and maple syrup.
WALNUT ORANGE COFFEE CAKE
My sister gave me this recipe about 40 years ago, and I still make it often. Whenever I take it to a gathering, there's rarely a crumb left - everyone loves the delightful orange flavor. -Janice Satanek, Hermitage, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12-15 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 21
- In a small bowl, stir oats and orange juice until softened; set aside. In a bowl, cream butter and sugars; beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; add to the creamed mixture alternately with oat mixture. Stir in walnuts and orange zest. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean., In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter, orange zest and juice. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in coconut and walnuts. Gently spread over warm cake. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2 minutes or until the topping is bubbly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 614 calories, Fat 32g fat (16g saturated fat), Cholesterol 69mg cholesterol, Sodium 413mg sodium, Carbohydrate 77g carbohydrate (57g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 8g protein.
This dessert makes guests happy in many ways. It's loaded with vitamins B12 (from the yogurt) and C (orange juice), folate (OJ, again), and omega-3 fatty acids (walnuts) -- all nutrients shown to boost your mood.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brush cake pan with oil, line bottom with parchment; oil and flour parchment and pan. Place walnuts in food processor and pulse until finely ground (be careful not to overprocess); set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together orange zest, flour, baking powder, salt, and ground walnuts. Make a well in the center of flour mixture and stir in eggs, brown sugar, orange juice, and oil until just moistened; do not overmix.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool in pan 10 minutes; transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, stir together yogurt and confectioners' sugar. Before serving, dust cake with confectioners' sugar. Serve with sweet yogurt garnished with orange zest, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 460 g, Fat 25 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 9 g
ORANGE WALNUT BAR CAKE
A delicious fresh and light tasting cake with a wonderful orange butter frosting. Perfect for morning or afternoon tea.
Provided by dale7793
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C.
- Grease a loaf or square cake tin well with some butter and line the base with baking paper.
- Cream the butter, sugar and grated rinds until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat in well.
- Fold through the sifted flour.
- Stir in the walnuts, followed by the orange juice and then the milk.
- Pour into the prepared tin and sprinkle with the 2 teaspoons sugar.
- Bake for about 50 minutes.
- Stand for a few minutes then cool on a wire rack.
- To make the frosting, cream the butter in a small mixing bowl until light.
- Beat in the icing sugar.
- Add the rind and juice then beat at high speed with electric mixer for a few minutes until frosting is stiff enough to shape easily but not too stiff to spread.
- If it's too thin add more sifted icing sugar.
- If too thick add some more juice or water.
- When the cake has cooled frost with the prepared frosting.
MOTHER'S WALNUT CAKE
Even though Mother baked this tall, beautiful cake often when I was growing up, it was a real treat every time. I like the walnuts in the cake and the frosting. Mother frequently used black walnuts from our trees.-Helen Vail, Glenside, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter, shortening and granulated sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk and vanilla. Beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in ground walnuts. , Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. , For frosting, beat cream cheese and butter. Add confectioners' sugar; mix well. Beat in vanilla until smooth. Spread frosting between layers and over the top and sides of cake. Sprinkle with walnuts. Refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 685 calories, Fat 35g fat (16g saturated fat), Cholesterol 114mg cholesterol, Sodium 475mg sodium, Carbohydrate 86g carbohydrate (61g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 9g protein.
ORANGE WALNUT CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a nine-inch springform baking pan.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together and set aside. Beat the butter and one-and-a-third cups of the sugar together until light, then beat in the eggs. Add the flour alternately with one cup of the orange juice. Fold in the walnuts and orange rind.
- Spread batter in prepared pan and bake about 1 hour and 10 minutes, until browned and a cake tester comes out clean.
- Shortly before the cake is finished baking, simmer the remaining one-fourth cup of orange juice with the remaining sugar and the liqueur until the mixture is reduced to about three tablespoons and is syrupy.
- As soon as the cake is done, poke it about a dozen times with a skewer, then brush the warm glaze over it. Allow to cool completely before removing from the pan.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 356, UnsaturatedFat 7 grams, Carbohydrate 44 grams, Fat 18 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 4 grams, SaturatedFat 10 grams, Sodium 125 milligrams, Sugar 27 grams, TransFat 1 gram
GRAHAM GRIDDLE CAKES
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and pecans (if desired). In a separate bowl, stir together milk, butter and egg. Add to the flour mixture and stir well.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 248.2 calories, Carbohydrate 28.1 g, Cholesterol 44.4 mg, Fat 13.2 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 5.6 g, SaturatedFat 3.9 g, Sodium 380.1 mg, Sugar 10 g
ORANGE WALNUT CAKE
This mildly orange flavored cake can be topped with an orange icing and dotted with candied orange peel, if desired. It can be eaten the same day as it is baked and tastes delicious. TIP: For easy removal from pan, grease pan and then line bottom with waxed or parchment paper. Recipe is from: My Great Recipes Card 90
Provided by na 2309
Yield 1 cake
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cream butter and sugar until blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix flour and baking powder well.
- Add to first mixture, mixing well.
- Add orange rind, orange juice, walnuts, and raisins, stir until well combined.
- Pour batter into greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for about 50 minutes or until pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan, wrap in foil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 5384.4, Fat 245.3, SaturatedFat 127.4, Cholesterol 1232, Sodium 2511.1, Carbohydrate 781.2, Fiber 28.1, Sugar 535.2, Protein 70.8
SALMON GRIDDLE CAKES WITH GREENS AND ENGLISH BUTTER SAUCE
- To make the salmon cakes, combine the salmon, mayonnaise, eggs, parsley, bread crumbs, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix until thoroughly combined. Divide into four balls, and form each ball into a cake. Place a large, heavy skillet or griddle over medium heat. Add the oil and cook the cakes until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes each side. Set aside.
- To make the sauce, in a small heavy-bottomed saucepan, whisk together the flour and milk and cook over medium heat until the mixture becomes a thick paste, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer the flour-and-milk mixture to the top of a double-boiler and set over simmering water. Slowly whisk in the butter pieces. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To assemble the dish, place a 4-inch circle of greens in the centers of four plates and top each with a salmon cake. Spoon butter sauce around the edges of the plates and serve immediately.
More about "walnut griddle cakes with orange butter recipes"
WALNUT CAKE WITH BROWNED BUTTERCREAM FROSTING - THE RANCH TABLE
OATMEAL-WALNUT GRIDDLE CAKES - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
ORANGE, DATE, & WALNUT CAKE WITH ORANGE BUTTERSCOTCH SAUCE …
EASY ORANGE BUTTER CAKE RECIPE – CAULDRONS AND CUPCAKES
BEST BUTTERMILK GRIDDLE CAKES RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
GINGER CAKE WITH BROWNED BUTTER, ORANGE AND MAPLE NASHI PEARS, …
ASTRAY RECIPES: WALNUT GRIDDLE CAKES WITH ORANGE BUTTER
(SUPER SOFT) ORANGE WALNUT CAKE - KITCHEN @ HOSKINS
WALNUT AND ORANGE CAKE - ITALY ON MY MIND
WALNUT GRIDDLE CAKES WITH ORANGE BUTTER ARCHIVES – BAKER RECIPES®
WALNUT GRIDDLE CAKES WITH ORANGE BUTTER RECIPE
WALNUT GRIDDLE CAKES WITH ORANGE BUTTER - BIGOVEN.COM
ORANGE-DATE CAKE WITH WALNUTS - MINAS BAKERY - HOMEMADE
CORNMEAL GRIDDLE CAKES (FLOURLESS!) - KATIE'S CONSCIOUS KITCHEN
RECIPES/WALNUT-GRIDDLE-CAKES-WITH-ORANGE-BUTTER-260.JSON AT …
SUMMER GRIDDLE CAKES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
WALNUT GRIDDLE CAKES WITH ORANGE BUTTER – FREE RECIPES
ORANGE AND WALNUT CAKE - COOKING WITH NANA LING
ORANGE BUTTER CAKE - THE DOMESTIC GODDESS WANNABE
WALNUT-ORANGE CAKE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
EASY ORANGE BUTTER CAKE – MY WOK LIFE
GRIDDLE CAKES RECIPE (OLD FASHIONED PANCAKES) | KITCHN
10 BEST WALNUT BUTTER CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
ORANGE NUT BUTTER CAKE RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
WHOLE WHEAT GRIDDLE CAKES WITH BLUEBERRY ORANGE COMPOTE
OLD FASHIONED GRIDDLE HOTCAKES RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
EGGLESS ORANGE WALNUT CAKE - GAYATHRI'S COOK SPOT
ORANGE COFFEE CAKE FROM SCRATCH WITH WALNUTS - HOSKINS
WALNUT CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE AND ORANGE - KOPIASTE..TO GREEK …
SIMPLE, ELEGANT: MAKE THIS ORANGE WALNUT BUNDT CAKE
BEST WALNUTS RECIPES: WILLIAMSBURG ORANGE CAKE
BEST GRIDDLE CAKES WITH A SECRET INGREDIENT - 365 DAYS OF BAKING
ORANGE CAKE WITH WALNUTS - MEDITERRANEAN LATIN LOVE AFFAIR
Low Carb Walnut Maple Griddle Cakes | Easy Keto Breakfast / Dessert Recipe | Chaffle Recipe288 views-04:49
$4 Pancake: OG Oatmeal Griddle Cakes2.3K views-01:42
Orange Walnut Cake With Orange Cream Cheese Icing419 views-10:17
Orange Walnut Cake592 views-08:15
Eggless Banana walnut cake | Banana cake recipe | No egg no butter no milkmaid banana walnut cake139 views-04:16
Gluten free walnut torte (cake) recipe68 views-16:40
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make orange and walnut cake?Add the flour alternately with one cup of the orange juice. Fold in the walnuts and orange rind. Spread batter in prepared pan and bake about 1 hour and 10 minutes, until browned and a cake tester comes out clean.
How to cook a cake on a griddle?Heat the griddle on medium high heat. Add some butter and the pan will be ready for the batter when the butter begins to sizzle. Using a large spoon, gently pour some batter into the pan to form a griddle cake. Add enough batter to the pan for one or two more. Cook for 1-2 minutes as bubbles begin to form.
How do you make an orange cake with almond meal?Add flour, almond meal and orange juice to mixture, alternately, stirring to combine. Pour mixture into prepared tin. Sprinkle with zest from other half of orange, walnuts and rapadura sugar. Place into oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
How do you make a cake with walnut flour?Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 8-inch or 9-inch round cake pan with non-stick cooking spray and line the bottom with parchment paper. 2. Into a food processor, combine flour, walnuts, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Process for one minute and 30 seconds, until finely ground.