OATMEAL, WALNUT AND RAISIN COOKIES
Go nuts by adding chopped walnuts to the traditional oatmeal-raisin cookie.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield about 20 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Position the racks in the top and lower thirds of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and allspice in a large bowl.
- Beat the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar with an electric mixer on medium-high speed in a large bowl until light and fluffy, scraping down the sides of the bowl occasionally. Beat in the eggs 1 at time until blended, then beat in the vanilla.
- Reduce the speed to low and beat in the flour mixture in 3 additions until smooth. Stir in the oats, raisins and walnuts with a rubber spatula. Drop heaping tablespoons of the dough onto the prepared sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies, rotating the pans halfway through, until golden brown but still soft in the center, about 15 minutes. Let the cookies cool slightly on the baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
OATMEAL RAISIN WALNUT COOKIES
- Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- In small bowl mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Cream butter and sugars in electric mixer.
- Add eggs and vanilla beating well.
- Add flour mix, mixing well.
- Add oats, raisins, and nuts, mixing well.
- Drop tablespoon size dough on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Cookies will be slightly browned around the edges. They will continue baking after removing from oven. Cool one minute in pan then transfer to cooling rack.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a heavy baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix oats, whole wheat flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda together in a bowl. Rub in butter with your fingers until mixture is chunky. Pour in enough water to form a thick dough.
- Spread a thin layer of oats and whole wheat flour on a flat work surface. Turn out dough and pat to an even thickness. Cut into circles using the rim of a drinking glass. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 20 to 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 199 calories, Carbohydrate 24.7 g, Cholesterol 20.3 mg, Fat 9.5 g, Fiber 3.8 g, Protein 4.8 g, SaturatedFat 5.2 g, Sodium 351.3 mg, Sugar 0.6 g
WALNUT & RAISIN OATCAKES
Quick and easy to make, these biscuits will add a flourish to the final Christmas course
Provided by Good Food team
Yield Makes 40
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Dissolve the baking powder in the milk. Beat the butter and sugar until pale and creamy, then mix in the oats, flour, raisins, walnuts and milk to make a stiff dough.
- Tip the dough onto lightly floured surface and roll out until about 1cm thick. Cut into circles with a 5cm pastry cutter, place on an oiled baking sheet, then bake for 15 mins until lightly golden. Leave to cool, then serve with cheese. Can be baked up to 2 days ahead and kept in an airtight container until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 94 calories, Fat 5 grams fat, SaturatedFat 3 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 11 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 4 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 2 grams protein, Sodium 0.08 milligram of sodium
OATMEAL RAISIN WALNUT COOKIE SANDWICHES
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees with racks in the upper and lower thirds. Line two large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- For the cookies: Toss the raisins in the warm rum or water and let soak at least 10 minutes then drain.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice and salt together in a medium bowl.
- Beat the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar together in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and then the vanilla. Add the flour mixture and beat until just incorporated. Stir in the oats, walnuts and the drained raisins.
- Scoop rounded tablespoons of the batter onto the prepared baking sheets, about 2-inches apart. Bake, rotating the position of the pans halfway through, until golden brown around the edges, about 14 minutes. Cool on the pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- For the filling: Add the cream cheese and butter to a large bowl. Use a hand mixer to cream them together. Gradually add the powdered sugar, while mixing, scraping down the bowl as necessary. Once incorporated, add the vanilla and beat to incorporate. Fold in the shredded coconut by hand.
- To assemble cookie sandwiches: Scoop a tablespoon of filling onto the flat side of a cookie. Take another cookie and place it on top of the filling, flat side-down, to create a sandwich. Continue with the remaining cookies and filling. Wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Another goody from McCalls Cooking School. Here's what the book says: "Here's a festive cake you can serve all through the year as well as on holidays. It's a light fruitcake, studded with raisins, nuts and cherries mellowed in bourbon, Southern style. Slice thinly and serve with coffee, sherry or even eggnog. It keeps well, and costs less than most fruitcake." Cook time does not include prep time for nuts/fruits. Make ahead a few days- it needs to mellow in the fridge.
Provided by CarbFiend
Yield 1 cake
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 350*. Grease and flour well a 10-inch kuchen, bundt or tube pan. in large bowl, combine walnuts, cherries and raisins with 1/2 C bourbon; mix well. Let stand at room temperature several hours or overnight- liquid will be absorbed.
- On sheet of waxed paper, sift flour with baking powder, salt and nutmeg; set aside. In large bowl of electric mixer, at medium speed, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth and light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat at medium speed 4 minutes, occaisonally scraping side of bowl. Batter will become thick and lighter in color. At low speed, gradually beat in flour mixture until smooth.
- Add to fruit; mix with wooden spoon to combine well. Turn into prepared pan; smooth top with spatula. Bake in center of oven 1 hour and 20 minutes in kuchen pan; 1 hour 15 minutes in bundt pan; 1 hour and 10 minutes in tube pan.
- Cake tester inserted in center should come out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 20 minutes. Use small spatula to loosen cake around inside; invert on wire rack; cool completely. In small bowl, soak a large piece of cheesecloth in 1/2 C bourbon.
- Stretch cheesecloth on large piece of foil. Place cake in center. Wrap cake in cheesecloth; then wrap in foil. Refrigerate several days to mellow. (Will keep several weeks in refrigerator). To serve, slice thinly; let warm to room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 9496.4, Fat 470.1, SaturatedFat 201.6, Cholesterol 2212.6, Sodium 4304.2, Carbohydrate 1083.8, Fiber 40.3, Sugar 662.7, Protein 137.2
More about "walnut raisin oatcakes recipes"
TRADITIONAL SCOTTISH OATCAKES RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
RAISIN AND WALNUT CAKE RECIPE - COOK.ME RECIPES
10 BEST WALNUT RAISIN CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
BEST SCOTTISH OATCAKES RECIPE - THE BREAD SHE BAKES
WALNUT AND RAISIN OATCAKES | A GROWING HOME WALNUT …
OATMEAL WALNUT RAISIN COOKIES RECIPE - LEELALICIOUS
RAISIN WALNUT CAKE - WHOLESOME PATISSERIE
SCOTTISH WALNUT AND RAISIN FLAPJACKS - TINNED TOMATOES
WALNUT OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES | A TASTE OF MADNESS
BBC GOOD FOOD OATCAKES RECIPE | DEPORECIPE.CO
CHEWY OATMEAL, RAISIN & WALNUT COOKIES - THE PKP WAY
OATCAKES WITH BANANA, WALNUTS & HONEY RECIPE - WHOLE GRAIN …
WALNUT & RAISIN OATCAKES
DATE, RAISIN AND WALNUT OATMEAL - FOOD UNDER PRESSURE
WALNUT & RAISIN OATCAKES - LACTO OVO VEGETARIAN RECIPES
WALNUT & RAISIN OATCAKES - BBC GOOD FOOD MIDDLE EAST
WILD GARLIC AND WALNUTS TO OATCAKES | LEE & THE SWEET LIFE
SWEET AND SALTY NOVA SCOTIA OATCAKES RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES WITH CHOPPED WALNUTS - GRUMPY'S …
BBC FOOD OATCAKES | DEPORECIPE.CO
EASY SCOTTISH OATCAKES RECIPE - SCOTTISH SCRAN
GF RAISIN OATCAKES - YOGA WITH LOIS
WALNUT & PUMPKIN SEED SCOTTISH OATCAKES | RECIPES | MOORLANDS …
CALIFORNIA WALNUT OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIE - CALIFORNIA WALNUTS
WALNUT OATCAKES | CANADIAN LIVING
WALNUT AND RAISIN OATCAKES RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
BEST RAISIN-WALNUT COFFEE CAKE RECIPE - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
OATMEAL RAISIN WALNUT COOKIES (EGGLESS) - SHWETA IN THE KITCHEN
10 BEST RAISIN AND WALNUT LOAF RECIPES | YUMMLY
WALNUT & RAISIN OATCAKES | RECIPE | OAT CAKES, BBC GOOD FOOD …
OATMEAL RAISIN WALNUT COOKIES - CRUNCHY KITCHEN
WALNUT RAISIN LOAF RECIPE - THE LINKS SITE
NOVA SCOTIA OATCAKES | KELLY NEIL
BANANA, RAISIN & WALNUT BAKED OATMEAL RECIPE | EATINGWELL
SCOTTISH OAT AND WALNUT BISCUITS - THE VIEW FROM GREAT ISLAND
WALNUT AND RAISIN PORRIDGE BREAD | KING ARTHUR BAKING
WALNUT & RAISIN OATCAKES | RECIPE | OAT CAKES, OAT CAKE RECIPES, …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make Raisin and walnut cake?So, how to make Raisin and Walnut Cake? Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a loaf tin and dust with flour. Add the raisins and water to a pan over a high heat. Bring to the boil and boil for 10 minutes. Take the pan off the heat and add the white and brown sugars and butter. Beat together and leave to cool.
How do you make walnut oat cookies?These large chewy oat cookies are sweetened with raisins and get their crunch from California walnuts. Rough chop 1 cup walnuts in a food processor. Add remaining walnuts and pulse 2 to 3 times to coarsely chop. Mix together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl.
How to make oats and walnuts bread?Put the oats and the walnuts in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely ground. Add in the oat flour, sugar, salt and soda and pulse to combine. Pour in the buttermilk and melted butter and pulse until the dough comes together. Turn out onto a floured surface and bring the dough together.
How to make oats in the oven?Pre-heat the oven to 180C or 350F. Take a large bowl and mix the two types of oats together. Add the melted butter and mix to combine. Now start to slowly add a little hot water until the oats and butter mixture comes together to form a pasty ball. You don’t want to add too much, so add 2-3 tablespoons and allow the oat mixture to absorb it.