WHISKEY CREAM SAUCE
- Cook the onions in the 3 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat for a few minutes. When the onions are brown, turn off the burner temporarily so you won't ignite your kitchen. Or yourself.
- Pour in the whiskey. As soon as it evaporates, turn the burner on medium-high heat and pour in the beef stock. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste, then allow the mixture to bubble up and reduce by half.
- Whisk in the remaining tablespoon of butter, then reduce the heat to low. Whisk in 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup cream, according to your taste. Allow the sauce to simmer and thicken for a few minutes.
- Serve with beef, baby!
I love the steak at a restaurant I frequent. I developed a recipe at home through trial and error. I feel it comes pretty close. This is a flavorful way to grill steak. Hope you enjoy!
Provided by Victoria Champagne Benoit
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Whisk together the water, whiskey, pineapple juice, brown sugar, diced onion, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, liquid smoke, and minced garlic in a bowl.
- Lie the steaks in the bottom of a baking dish. Pour the marinade over the steaks; refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil grate.
- Grill steaks to desired doneness, 3 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Allow steaks to rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 651.7 calories, Carbohydrate 38.5 g, Cholesterol 81.4 mg, Fat 34.7 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 28.2 g, SaturatedFat 10.5 g, Sodium 2196.4 mg, Sugar 34.4 g
This is a sauce that you could use to pour over bread puddings, friut cake, or whatever else you can dream up. If you prefer a milder sauce then use half water and half whiskey.
Provided by mommyof 3
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Melt the butter over a low heat in a small saucepan.
- Stir in the sugar,whiskey, water, nutmeg, and salt until dissolved and it is well mixed.
- Remove from heat and vigorously whisk in the egg in the mixture until light and frothy.
- Turn the heat up to medium and bring to a boil while stirring gently.
- Cook until thickened, about a minute.
- Serve at once.
BEEF FILLET WITH IRISH WHISKEY AND CREAM PAN SAUCE
- Season each steak generously with salt and pepper. Heat a heavy-based (preferably cast iron) skillet that's large enough to hold the steaks over high heat until quite hot. Add the vegetable oil if not using cast iron. Test pan by touching the edge of one steak to the pan surface; it will sizzle briskly when ready.
- Immediately drop in the steaks and sear one side for 2 minutes. SNeak a peak to see if the first side is nicely browned. Flip the steaks and sear the other side for 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium high, cook for another 2 minutes, flip, and cook until a digital thermometer reads 120 degrees for rare, or 125 degrees for medium rare, another 1-2 minutes. Transfer steaks to a warm platter and let them rest, covered loosely with foil, while you make the sauce.
- Return unwashed pan to medium heat. Add butter and let it melt. Add shallots and cook, stirring, until fragrant and just tender, 1-2 minutes. Add whiskey and stir with wooden spoon, scraping up any browned bits stuck to the pan. Add broth and Worcestershire sauce, raise the heat to medium high, and bring to a boil. WHisk in the mustard and then the cream. COntinue to cook at a boil, stirring, until reduced to a saucy consistency, 3-5 minutes. Taste the sauce and season with salt and pepper, and lemon juice. Serve steak with the sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 824.1, Fat 60.8, SaturatedFat 26.2, Cholesterol 232.7, Sodium 174, Carbohydrate 2.5, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 0.2, Protein 55.1
More about "whiskey sauce for meats and vegetables recipes"
WHISKEY BBQ SAUCE - EASY SAUCE WITH A TOUCH OF YOUR …
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 35 minsCategory Main Course, SauceCalories 111 per serving
- Preheat a medium sauce pot over medium-low heat with a little oil. Add onions, salt, and sugar. Mix and cook for about 15 minutes, until onions caramelize and brown.
- Raise the heat to medium and pour in whiskey. Simmer it for 2-3 minutes and then add remaining ingredients.
- Lower the heat back to medium-low and cook for another 10 minutes, stirring often. (You may been to loosely cover the pot with a lid so the sauce doesn't splatter.)
HOMEMADE WHISKY SAUCE | SIMON HOWIE RECIPES
WHISKEY BBQ SAUCE | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
STEAK WITH WHISKEY SAUCE – TRULY DELICIOUS!
10 BEST WHISKEY BOURBON SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
STEAK WITH WHISKEY SAUCE BY THE REDHEAD BAKER
WHISKEY BBQ SAUCE RECIPE BARBECUE SAUCE RECIPE
WHISKY SAUCE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Cuisine BritishServings 4
WHISKEY SAUCE - KITCHEN GEEKERY
WILD MEAT STEAKS WITH MUSHROOM AND WHISKEY SAUCE | RICARDO
CAST IRON BAVETTE STEAK WITH WHISKEY GARLIC CREAM SAUCE
BEEF IN WHISKY SAUCE RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
10 BEST WHISKEY SAUCE HAMBURGERS RECIPES | YUMMLY
WHISKEY SAUCE FOR MEATS AND VEGETABLES FOOD- WIKIFOODHUB
WHISKEY SAUCE FOR PORK CHOPS - THERESCIPES.INFO
WHISKY MEAT MARINADE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
WHISKEY BBQ SAUCE FROM SCRATCH
WILD MEAT STEAKS WITH MUSHROOM AND WHISKEY SAUCE
WHISKY SAUCE FOR HAGGIS - SCOTTISH SCRAN
10 EASY AND DELICIOUS RECIPES THAT USE SCOTCH WHISKY
WHISKEY SAUCE FOR MEATS AND VEGETABLES | RECIPE | HONEY GLAZED …
IRISH WHISKEY SAUCE FOR MEAT - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
SWEET & SPICY WHISKEY BBQ SAUCE (+ RECIPE VIDEO) - A HEDGEHOG …
WILD MEAT STEAKS WITH MUSHROOM AND WHISKEY SAUCE - RECIPES LIST
WHISKEY SAUCE FOR MEATS AND VEGETABLES | RECIPE | WHISKEY SAUCE, …
22 IDEAS FOR WHISKEY BBQ SAUCE - BEST RECIPES IDEAS AND COLLECTIONS
EASY WHISKEY SAUCE BEST RECIPES
IRISH WHISKEY BBQ SAUCE RECIPE - IRISHCENTRAL.COM
WHISKEY-MAPLE BARBECUE SAUCE | BBQ & GRILLING WITH DERRICK RICHES
BONELESS CHICKEN IN AN IRISH WHISKEY CREAM SAUCE
HOW TO MAKE WHISKY SAUCE | RECIPES | DONALD RUSSELL
SOY AND WHISKEY GLAZED PORK CHOPS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
IRISH WHISKEY SAUCE FOR MEAT - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
MEAT SAUSAGE CASSEROLE WITH WHISKEY SOY SAUCE
163 EASY AND TASTY WHISKEY TOMATO SAUCE RECIPES BY HOME COOKS
PORK ROAST WITH WHISKEY PEACH SAUCE & ROAST VEGETABLES
16 RECIPES FOR COOKING WITH WHISKEY - THRILLIST
IRISH WHISKEY SAUCE FOR MEAT : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
WILD MEAT STEAKS WITH MUSHROOM AND WHISKEY SAUCE
GRILLED PORK RIBS WITH BARBECUE SAUCE AND WHISKEY
MAPLE WHISKEY BBQ SAUCE BEST RECIPES
Chicory-rubbed Pork Shoulder with Bourbon BBQ Sauce1.4K views-03:50
Venison Steak with Whiskey Mushroom Sauce Recipe | Deer Meat For Dinner330 views-01:09
which WHISK(E)Y makes the best BBQ SAUCE???65K views-14:36
Spiced Pork with Bourbon Reduction Sauce Recipe2.8K views-02:22
Grilled Pork Chops with Knob Creek® Bourbon Mustard Sauce | Oklahoma Joe’s®1.1K views-06:04
Venison Loin with Whiskey Sauce and Roasted Vegetables S1.E6479 views-07:28
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make the perfect whiskey sauce?Preheat a medium sauce pot over medium-low heat with a little oil. Add onions, salt, and sugar. Mix and cook for about 15 minutes, until onions caramelize and brown. Raise the heat to medium and pour in whiskey. Simmer it for 2-3 minutes and then add remaining ingredients.
How do you cook with whisky and mustard?Remove the sauce from the heat and strain it through a sieve into a clean pan, discarding the cooked vegetables and herbs. Place the sauce back on the heat and stir in the whisky along with both types of mustard. Cook for a further 5 minutes before seasoning with salt and white pepper to taste and serving.
How do you cook with whiskey and beef broth?Add the beef broth and whiskey to the pan; increase the heat to medium and bring to a gentle boil. Let it cook until the liquid is reduced by half. Reduce the heat to low, and add the cream and Dijon mustard. Stir to incorporate.
How to make sweet onion whiskey BBQ sauce?This sweet onion whiskey BBQ sauce is fantastic on ribs, burgers, and sandwiches. It’s easy to make with caramelized onions and your favorite whiskey. Slice a large sweet onion thinly. Preheat a medium sauce pot over medium-low heat with a little oil. Add onions, salt, and sugar. Mix and cook for about 15 minutes, until onions caramelize and brown.