RIGATONI AL FORNO
- Preheat oven to 400°; bring a large pot of salted water to boil over high heat; cook the pasta 10-12 minutes or until al dente; drain pasta and place in a mixing bowl.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a shallow pot or skillet (stainless steel is recommended) over med-high heat, combine the cream and milk; bring to a simmer.
- Add in the garlic; stir in the Gorgonzola Dolce; when the cheese has melted, add all but 1 tablespoon of the Grana Padano, decrease the heat to medium, and cook, stirring occasionally, 10-12 minutes or until the sauce is moderately thick and creamy.
- Remove from heat and add in the oregano and pepper.
- Pour the cream sauce over the pasta; add the mozzarella and Fontina Val d'Aosta and mix well.
- The mixture should be moist and creamy; if it is too dry, add a little more milk or cream.
- Brush the bottom and sides of a 13x9 inch baking dish (preferably terra-cotta) with olive oil and pour in the pasta (which should almost entirely fill the baking dish).
- Sprinkle with the bread crumbs and the remaining Grana Padano.
- Bake on the middle shelf for 20-25 minutes or until the sauce is bubbling and the top is golden brown and crisp.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1195.3, Fat 74.6, SaturatedFat 44.4, Cholesterol 341.6, Sodium 919, Carbohydrate 91.8, Fiber 4, Sugar 6.6, Protein 40.7
RIGATONI AL FORNO (BAKED RIGATONI)
Baked Rigatoni: Every Italian household has their very own version of it! From North to South the ingredients differ but the cheesy goodness and perfect crunchy edges never really change. My version of baked rigatoni is made the southern way, typical to my wife's region Calabria. Each bite is made up of crispy salami, moist mince, the perfect amount of cheese, homemade sauce, and thick pasta tubes. The surprise in this recipe is the egg - once you have tried it, you will ALWAYS add it in.
Provided by Vincenzo's Plate
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Start by dicing an Onion (1/2) into small pieces.
- Place a large pot on the stove at medium heat and add Extra-Virgin Olive Oil (4 tablespoon). Once this has started to warm up, add the finely diced onion and simmer for 6-7 minutes or until they have started to turn a golden brown.
- Now, add the Tomato Passata (2 bottle) and stir it really well so the onion combines with the sauce. Once it starts to simmer, add a pinch of Rock Salt (as needed).
- Place the lid on top of the pot and leave the sauce on low heat to cook for around 30 minutes, stirring it every so often.
- While the sauce is cooking, get a medium size fry pan and put it on the stove at medium heat before drizzling a generous amount of Extra-Virgin Olive Oil (as needed).
- Add the Ground Pork (250 gram) and Ground Veal (250 gram) mince into the pan and let it start to brown while you break it down and spread it out into smaller pieces using a wooden spoon
- Cover the mince and let this cook for between 6-8 minutes, checking it and stirring it through again after 5 minutes.
- Once the sauce for your pasta al forno is ready, remove the lid and add some Fresh Basil Leaf (to taste) to it and stir gently, but really well.
- At this point, your mince and sauce for the pasta al forno are ready! Add two ladles of sauce into the mince and mix through.
- Now, add a large amount of Water (5 liter) to your big pot and bring it to a boil. This will be for the pasta in this delicious baked rigatoni dish.
- At the same time, fill a small pot with water, bringing it to boil also - then add Egg (3), and let them cook for 12-14 minutes depending on how hard you want them.
- After 14 minutes, drop the eggs into a bowl of water with Ice (as needed) so they stop cooking and don't go dark in the middle.
- Once the eggs are ready, add a handful of Rock Salt (as needed) to your pot of boiling water, start cooking the Rigatoni (500 gram), and check the packet instructions for the cooking time.
- While the pasta is cooking, take the eggs out of the ice water bowl, peel them and leave them to the side.
- Strain your pasta 3 minutes before the instruction time - otherwise, your pasta will overcook
- Once you have strained the pasta for your baked rigatoni, put it into the pot filled with sauce - not a mixing bowl! Mix the pasta and the sauce using a wooden spoon so each piece of pasta is completely covered.
- Next, peel the skin off your Salami (1) and cut it into slices (not too thin) before chopping it into pieces and put them to the side.
- Cut all of the Fresh Mozzarella Cheese Ball (1), Buffalo Mozzarella Ball (1), and Provolone Cheese (50 gram) into small cubes, making sure to remove the skin from your provolone!
- Now, it's time to assemble the pasta al forno! The first step to putting together the baked rigatoni is to get your tray, and using a large spoon, smother the base with sauce. Don't pour it in, but make sure each part is nice and wet.
- Next, add the pasta, smoothing it out to cover each edge, before adding a few spoonfuls of mince, pieces of both types of mozzarella, a sprinkle of Pecorino Romano Cheese (100 gram), a handful of salami, and eggs.
- Repeat this until you run out of ingredients - or get to the top! On top of the final layer of pasta al forno, add a generous amount of provolone cheese, pecorino, salami, and eggs.
- The baked rigatoni is now ready to be put in the oven at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) for approximately 30 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, check if your pasta has started to brown around the edges and if it hasn't, leave it in the oven for another 10-15 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven, let it sit for around 5-7 minutes before you serve. Once the pasta has cooled slightly, the cheese will have started to dry through the middle, cut the first piece using a spatula and leave it to the side, then portion the rest of your servings and they should hold together nicely
WW RIGATONI AL FORNO
I was devastated when I lost this recipe which came from an old Weight Watchers magazine. I wrote to WW and they sent me a replacement magazine but it was the wrong one! I was amazed when I told them and they took the time and effort to send me the right one. A luscious restaurant-type recipe that and doesn't taste like diet fare. Key is the blazing hot oven.
Provided by Maxxr
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 500°F Spray 9 x 13 inch baking pan with non-stick spray (or for restaurant-style serving put in 1-cup shallow baking dishes in which case you will need only 5 minute baking time).
- Cook rigatoni according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- Combine tomato sauce, half and half and cheeses in medium bowl.
- Add hot pasta and toss to coat.
- Spread mixture evently in prepared baking pan and bake until bubbly and browned on top, about 7 minute.
- 5 points per serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 297.2, Fat 7.6, SaturatedFat 3.9, Cholesterol 65.1, Sodium 127.6, Carbohydrate 44.3, Fiber 2.3, Sugar 2.5, Protein 12.5
RIGATONI AL FORNO
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in a skillet.
- Add the ground beef. With a wooden spoon, break apart any clumps. Season with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper.
- After browning the ground beef for about 5 minutes over medium heat, add the chopped onions and mix. Cook for another 5 minutes, until the ground beef has nicely browned and the onions become translucent.
- Add the minced garlic for just a minute.
- Add the whole can of plum tomatoes (including any juices) and 3 ounces of tomato paste. Bring to a simmer. Stir regularly and use tongs to help break apart the plum tomatoes.
- In between stirring the sauce, finely grate 4 ounces of Pecorino Romano and cut 8 ounces of mozzarella into 1/2" cubes.
- Keep simmering and stirring the pot - smell, taste. Be careful with the salt. If it tastes just slightly under-salted, that's perfect. The salty Pecorino Romano will close that gap when added before baking.
- In the meantime, bring a pot of salted water to boil, add 8 oz rigatoni, and cook. Before draining the pasta, scoop out 1/4 cup of the pasta water and add to the sauce.
- Now we're ready to put everything together and finish cooking in the oven. If you made the sauce in an oven-safe skillet, add the grated Pecorino Romano cheese and the cooked pasta. Mix well. Top with cubed mozzarella and in the oven it goes. Bake for 30 minutes. Otherwise, transfer the sauce to a baking dish, mix everything as above, and bake.
- Once it's ready to serve, remove from the oven and start heaping it on plates. Garnish with some roughly chopped fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 870 kcal, Carbohydrate 52 g, Protein 50 g, Fat 51 g, Sodium 1237 mg, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 6 g, ServingSize 1 serving
RIGATONI AL FORNO
Meaty, rich tomato sauce, rigatoni and cheese combine in this hearty baked pasta dish that's like a warm hug in every bowl.
Provided by Food Network Canada
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Add the olive oil and onion to the pan and sautee over medium-low heat until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add beef and pork to pan and cook until browned, breaking up as it cooks.
- Once the meat is browned, drain any excess fat and liquid.
- Pour the tomatoes into the pan and stir, then add 1/2 cup of water, stock or red wine (or more, as desired). Set heat to medium, cover the pan, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add fresh basil leaves, salt and chili pepper, then simmer on medium-low heat for another 15 to 30 minutes until the sauce is cooked.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil.
- Add the rigatoni to the boiling water and reduce heat to medium-high. Cook until slightly more firm than al dente (as it will continue cooking in the oven).
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1/3 cup of the water. Add the pasta back to the pot along with the reserved water and 1 cup of the sauce. Gently toss the pasta.
- Take an ovenproof 9×13 inch pan and line the bottom with a thin layer of the tomato sauce.
- Add 1/2 of the pasta to the pan and smooth it into an even layer. Top with half of the meat sauce, 1/2 of the grated mozzarella, and 1/2 of the grated Parmigiano.
- Add the other half of the pasta, and smooth it into an even layer. Top it with the remaining meat sauce, mozzarella and Parmigiano.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes until the cheese is golden and bubbly. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Divide into 8 pieces and serve with extra grated Parmigiano on the side.
RIGATONI AL FORNO WITH CAULIFLOWER AND BROCCOLI RABE
This baked pasta - please don't call it a "pasta bake" - is a luscious affair, with two sauces. A creamy white béchamel is employed to toss with the pasta and vegetables. When it emerges, bubbly and bronzed and crisp on top, a bright, light tomato sauce adorns each serving. (If preferred, you can layer both sauces instead.) Putting it together is somewhat like building a lasagna - a bit of a fussy project - but once assembled, it's no trouble at all to bake and serve. Prepare it all several hours in advance, then pop it in the oven when you like.
Provided by David Tanis
Categories dinner, pastas, main course
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 23
- Make the béchamel: Put the olive oil and flour in a small saucepan over medium-high heat and whisk together. Let mixture sizzle without browning for 1 minute. Whisk in milk 1 cup at a time, letting it come up to a simmer and begin to thicken before adding the next cup. Repeat until all the milk has been added.
- When the sauce has thickened to the consistency of a milkshake, turn heat to low. Add 1 teaspoon salt and a pinch of pepper. Add the nutmeg and bay leaf, and cook for 10 minutes, whisking occasionally. Check seasoning and adjust. Turn off heat and keep sauce warm. (If sauce thickens upon sitting, thin with a little more milk.)
- Make the tomato sauce: In a small saucepan, put tomatoes, onion, garlic, olive oil, bay leaf or basil, and 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil, then turn down heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Transfer mixture to a blender (remove bay leaf before blending but leave in basil, if using). Purée to a velvety consistency and return to the saucepan. Taste and adjust seasoning. Keep sauce warm, or let cool and reheat before serving.
- Make the pasta: Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil. Add the rigatoni and cook until nearly done, about 2 minutes less than package directions, leaving the pasta still quite firm. Lift pasta from the water with a spider or large strainer, and spread it out on a baking sheet to cool.
- Add cauliflower to pot and cook until barely softened, 1 minute. Lift from the water with a spider or large strainer and spread out to cool on a baking sheet.
- Add the broccoli rabe and cook until just wilted, 1 minute, then drain in a colander. Rinse with cool water, then squeeze into a ball.
- Put cauliflower and broccoli rabe into the empty pasta pot. Add garlic, rosemary and red-pepper flakes, and stir together. Season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil.
- Add the béchamel and the rigatoni. Mix well with the cauliflower and broccoli rabe. Add the provolone and Pecorino Romano, and mix well again.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Pile the pasta mixture into an oiled 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Bake until nicely browned and crisp on top, about 40 minutes. Leave to rest for 10 minutes before serving. (Alternatively, refrigerate the assembled dish for up to 6 hours and bake later. Bring to room temperature before baking.)
- To serve, put a large spoonful of pasta into individual bowls or plates, making sure each portion has some of the crisp top. Spoon some tomato sauce around each portion and sprinkle with more grated cheese.
More about "ww rigatoni al forno recipes"
BAKED RIGATONI - RIGATONI AL FORNO - COOKING WITH NONNA
THE BEST ONE POT RIGATONI - WEIGHT WATCHERS FRIENDLY …
RIGATONI AL FORNO - COOKING WITH NONNA
RIGATONI AL FORNO — LOFI EATS
RIGATONI AL FORNO - VYNNLIFE.COM
10 BEST VEGETARIAN PASTA AL FORNO RECIPES | YUMMLY
SPICY SAUSAGE RIGATONI AL FORNO – THE SASSY FOODIE
RIGATONI AL FORNO - BOSS KITCHEN
10 BEST VEGETARIAN PASTA AL FORNO RECIPES | YUMMLY
PASTA AL FORNO | BAKED RIGATONI – A TASTE OF AMORE
PASTA AL FORNO - BAKED PASTA DELICIOUSNESS - SIP AND FEAST
RIGATONI AL FORNO WITH LENTILS | KITCHENSPLACE
RIGATONI AL FORNO | NIGELLA'S RECIPES | NIGELLA LAWSON
RIGATONI AL FORNO - MY RECIPE MAGIC
BAKED RIGATONI RIGATONI AL FORNO RECIPE - EVERYBODYLOVESITALIAN.COM
RIGATONI AL FORNO | RECIPE CART
RIGATONI AL FORNO | BAKED RIGATONI - PREGNANCY EATS
RIGATONI AL FORNO
DREAMY DARING RIGATONI AL FORNO | VEGAN RECIPES | DARING FOODS
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
RIGATONI AL FORNO BY MAPLEWOODROAD | QUICK & EASY RECIPE | THE …
RIGATONI AL FORNO - CHISEL & FORK
RIGATONI AL FORNO WITH BOLOGNESE SAUCE RECIPE | CALGARY CO-OP
RONZONI | RIGATONI AL FORNO
PASTA AL FORNO RECIPE | OLIVEMAGAZINE
RIGATONI AL FORNO RECIPE (VIDEO) - COOKED BY JULIE
PASTA AL FORNO RECIPE [VIDEO] - SWEET AND SAVORY MEALS
RIGATONI AL FORNO - BAKED PASTA WITH SAUCE AND CHEESE
RIGATONI SALSICCIA AL FORNO - CALGARY CO-OP
RIGATONI AL FORNO | A GLUG OF OIL
PASTA AL FORNO - DINNER AT THE ZOO
CHEESY RIGATONI AL FORNO WITH SAUSAGE AND RICOTTA
BAKED RIGATONI PASTA (FREEZER MEAL) LEFTOVERS THEN BREAKFAST
SAN GIORGIO® - RIGATONI AL FORNO
RIGATONI AL FORNO - MAPLEWOOD ROAD | RECIPE IN 2021 | RIGATONI, …
RIGATONI AL FORNO ALLA NAPOLETANA - PIZZA TODAY
RIGATONI AL FORNO WITH BOLOGNESE SAUCE RECIPE
TASTY RIGATONI AL FORNO - LIVE MY WAY
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to cook rigatoni?On top of the final layer of pasta al forno, add a generous amount of provolone cheese, pecorino, salami, and eggs. The baked rigatoni is now ready to be put in the oven at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) for approximately 30 minutes.
What is rigatoni al forno?This Rigatoni al Forno recipe (baked rigatoni) is an Italian comfort food staple. Everyone has their favorite version of it. There's no right or wrong. Make it the way you like it.
How to cook rigatoni pasta with cauliflower?Put cooked cauliflower mixture in a large mixing bowl. Add cooked rigatoni and fontina and toss. Transfer mixture to a lightly oiled baking dish. Top with Romano cheese, then with bread crumbs and drizzle with about 1 tablespoon olive oil.
How to cook Grana Padano pasta?Brush the bottom and sides of a 13x9 inch baking dish (preferably terra-cotta) with olive oil and pour in the pasta (which should almost entirely fill the baking dish). Sprinkle with the bread crumbs and the remaining Grana Padano. Bake on the middle shelf for 20-25 minutes or until the sauce is bubbling and the top is golden brown and crisp.