ALMOND, APPLE CINNAMON SCONES
I especially enjoy these scrumptious scones--bursting with apples, cinnamon and almonds--on a rainy afternoon with a cup of tea. Because they're made with yogurt and no butter, they're a good fit for everyone's palates. Hope you enjoy them, too!
Provided by Sabrina De Paulo
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a mixing bowl. Use two forks or a pastry blender to cut in the shortening with the flour mixture until the mixture resembles coarse corn meal. Stir in the chopped apples.
- Whisk 1 egg, yogurt, milk, and almond extract together in a small bowl until smooth. Stir the egg mixture into the flour mixture just until blended. Gather the dough, and place the dough on a lightly floured surface; knead 4 to 5 times. Pat dough into a 7 inch diameter circle about 1 1/2 inch thick. Cut dough into 8 wedges, and place on prepared baking sheet.
- To make the scone topping, whisk the milk and 1 egg together in a small bowl. Brush tops of scones with the egg mixture. Sprinkle each scone with cinnamon sugar and almonds.
- Bake in preheated oven until tops are golden brown, and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 310.5 calories, Carbohydrate 42.1 g, Cholesterol 47.7 mg, Fat 13 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 6.4 g, SaturatedFat 3.2 g, Sodium 243.1 mg, Sugar 13.4 g
CINNAMON APPLE SCONES
- DO THIS:
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F with the rack in the middle position, and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, baking soda, and fine sea salt. Use your hands or a pastry cutter to work the pieces of cold butter into the dry ingredients until a crumbly mixture is produced. Then, mix the cinnamon into the almond flour mixture.
- 3. In a separate bowl, thoroughly whisk together the eggs, apple cider vinegar, and honey.
- 4. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients, and pour the egg mixture into it.
- 5. Gently mix with a spatula until a wet, chunky dough forms, and then throw in the apple. Combine the ingredients with your hands, and form a ball of dough.
- 6. On a sheet of parchment paper or a nonstick surface, gently flatten the ball with your hand. The round of dough should be about 3/4 inch thick. Using a pastry cutter or a sharp knife, cut the dough into 6 equal-sized wedges, and arrange them on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- 7. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, rotating the tray halfway through. The scones are ready when they're golden brown, and an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Transfer the scones onto a wire rack to cool slightly before serving.
- This isn't just another subpar substitute for the real thing. It's BETTER than scones made with wheat flour!
- BONUS RECIPE!
- In the mood for Dark Chocolate Cherry Scones instead? Follow the same recipe, but leave out the cinnamon and apple. Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract in step 3. Then, in step 5, add 3 ounces of super dark chocolate, cut into bite-size chunks, and 1/4 cup of dried cherries.
More about "almond apple cinnamon scones recipes"
CINNAMON ALMOND SCONES - BAKE OR BREAK
Servings 6Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCategory Breakfast
- Place the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add the butter and use a pastry blender or a fork to mix until the largest pieces of butter are about the size of small peas.
CINNAMON SCONES WITH ALMOND FLOUR - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
4.9/5 (46)Calories 223 per servingCategory Breakfast
- In a large mixing bowl, with a large spatula or a fork, mix together the almond flour, cinnamon, kosher salt, and baking powder. Mix until well incorporated.
VEGAN APPLE CINNAMON SCONES (NO OIL LOW FAT) - VEGAN RICHA
Ratings 20Calories 229 per servingCategory Dessert
- Mix the apple sauce, lime juice and non dairy milk in a bowl and put it in the freezer for 20-25 mins. Prep the ingredients and slice the apple in the meanwhile.
- Toss the sliced apple with maple syrup in a bowl and set aside. In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients really well.
- Take the milk apple sauce mix bowl out of the freezer. Break any frozen portions into smaller bits. Reserve 2 tbsp and add the rest to the flour bowl and mix. Press and mix. the larger frozen bits of the milk mixture will make the dough sticky later, so press to break those bits and mix. Add in the apples and vanilla extract if using and mix.
- Add the remaining apple sauce mix if needed 1 tbsp at a time to make a stiff-ish dough. The dough should be slightly stiff and just about combined. Transfer the dough to parchment lined baking sheet or stoneware/ceramic dish. Using flour, shape the dough into a somewhat circle of about 3/4 inch height.
APPLE CINNAMON SCONES (VEGAN + GLUTEN FREE) - OKONOMI KITCHEN
5/5 (3)Total Time 28 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 266 per serving
- Into a bowl, add apple sauce, soy milk, almond butter and vanilla extract. Whisk until well combined.
- Add in the oat flour, almond flour, potato starch, sugar, baking powder and apple pie spice. Whisk a few times and then switch to sturdy spatula. Fold in apples and then mix until well combined. The dough should be thick and handle-able but not dry.
- Roll the dough into a ball and then flatten it onto the prepared baking sheet. Form a disk with the dough about 3/4 of an inch thick. Use a pastry scraper or sharp long knife and cut disk into 6 pieces. Carefully separate the pieces. To add a cinnamon sugar coating, combine 1 tbsp of sugar with 3/4 tsp of cinnamon. Brush the scones with extra soy milk and then sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top. Bake at 425 F for 17-20 minutes or until tops are golden brown and toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack, drizzle with some maple cashew cream if desired & enjoy!
GLUTEN-FREE VEGAN APPLE CINNAMON SCONES • BAKERITA
5/5 (5)Total Time 45 mins
- Combine apples and coconut sugar in a pan over low-medium heat. Saute until apples are soft and tender and the sugar has dissolved and coated the apples, about three to five minutes. Let cool completely. You should have about 1 cup.
- In a food processor or large mixing bowl, combine the blanched almond flour, arrowroot flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg. Pulse or whisk together.
APPLE CINNAMON SCONES - CIVILIZED CAVEMAN
4.9/5 (26)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 16Total Time 20 mins
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, apple, shredded coconut, cinnamon, baking soda, and sea salt
FRESH APPLE CINNAMON SCONES | KING ARTHUR BAKING
4.8/5 (216)Total Time 58 minsServings 12Calories 280 per serving
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and spice., Work in the butter just until the mixture is unevenly crumbly; it's OK for some larger chunks of butter to remain unincorporated., Stir in the chopped apple and cinnamon chips., In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla, and applesauce., Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until all is moistened and holds together., Line a baking sheet with parchment; if you don't have parchment, just use it without greasing it.
- Sprinkle a bit of flour atop the parchment or pan., Scrape the dough onto the floured parchment or pan, and divide it in half.
- Gently pat and round each half into a 5" to 5 1/2" circle about 3/4" thick., To make the topping, stir together the coarse sugar and cinnamon.
- Brush each circle with a bit of water or milk, and sprinkle with the topping., Using a knife or bench knife that you've run under cold water, slice each circle into 6 wedges., Carefully pull the wedges away from the center to separate them just a bit; there should be about 1/2" space between them, at their outer edges., For best texture and highest rise, place the pan of scones in the freezer for 30 minutes, uncovered.
RECIPE: APPLE CINNAMON SCONES - THANK YOUR BODY
Servings 1Total Time 40 minsEstimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Beat the egg, and add the beaten egg, the grated apple, the vanilla, and the maple syrup and mix well.
APPLE-CINNAMON VEGAN SCONES (OIL-FREE) - MY QUIET KITCHEN
5/5 (5)Total Time 28 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 233 per serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (218 C), and line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone mat.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the oat flour, almond flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, 2 tsp cinnamon, ginger, if using, and salt. In a separate small dish, mix together the remaining tablespoon of sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- If you haven't already, core and finely chop the apple, and set aside. Pour wet ingredients into dry, and stir until combined. Fold in about two-thirds of the chopped apple, reserving some to press into the tops of the scones.
APPLE CINNAMON ALMOND SCONES - KH NUTRITION
Servings 6Total Time 35 mins
ALMOND OATMEAL APPLE SCONES - LIKE MOTHER LIKE DAUGHTER
Reviews 1Estimated Reading Time 4 minsCategory SconesTotal Time 35 mins
APPLE CINNAMON SCONES | RECIPE | CINNAMON SCONES, REAL ...
4.9/5 (26)Total Time 20 minsServings 16
APPLE SCONES (QUICK, EASY 5 INGREDIENT RECIPE) - HEAVENLY ...
5/5 (3)Total Time 25 minsCategory Breakfast, BrunchCalories 480 per serving
APPLE SCONES ALLRECIPES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
APPLE BUTTER MUFFIN : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
ALMOND, APPLE CINNAMON SCONES RECIPE
ALMOND, APPLE CINNAMON SCONES | SCONE RECIPE, CINNAMON ...
WORLD BEST COFFEE RECIPES: ALMOND, APPLE CINNAMON SCONES
ALMOND OATMEAL APPLE SCONES - LIKE MOTHER LIKE DAUGHTER ...
ALMOND, APPLE CINNAMON SCONES
ALMOND, APPLE CINNAMON SCONES ALLRECIPES.COM YEA ...
ALMOND, APPLE CINNAMON SCONES - SCONE RECIPES
5 APPLE SCONE RECIPES THAT'LL MAKE IT FEEL LIKE FALL ...
ALMOND, APPLE CINNAMON SCONES - ALL YOU RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make scones with almond flour?You mix almond flour with cinnamon, salt, and baking powder. Then, in another bowl, you mix an egg with butter, stevia, and vanilla. Next, you combine the two mixtures into a smooth dough. Spread the dough into a circle, cut it into triangles, sprinkle them with cinnamon "sugar," and bake. Like all scone recipes, this is an easy one.
What goes well with Apple and cinnamon scones?Fresh diced apple and cinnamon chips complement each other beautifully, flavor-wise; and a topping of crunchy, cinnamon-enhanced coarse sugar is the perfect foil to the scones' tender texture. To make the dough: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and spice.
Are delightful cinnamon scones gluten-free?Delightful cinnamon scones are wonderfully tender and so very flavorful. Made with almond flour, they are also gluten-free. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small bowl, mix together the sweetener and the cinnamon for the topping.
What is Apple scone mix used for?This mix is used to make the scone dough. The apples are tossed in maple syrup to keep a barrier between the apple moisture and the scone dough. The dough is topped with a liberal dusting of cinnamon and sugar. This helps seal in some of the moisture during baking.