AMISH BREAD PUDDING
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease the smaller of the two baking dishes with butter, and put the remaining butter in the saucepan with milk sugar.
- Place over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the butter is melted.
- Whisk eggs in mixing bowl and add hot milk slowly while whisking constantly.
- Stir in vanilla and salt.
- Place bread cubes in buttered baking dish, and sprinkle with raisins.
- Pour milk over bread cubes and stir slightly.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon if you like.
- Place the smaller baking dish in the larger one.
- Pour hot water in the larger dish until it goes 1/2 way up the smaller dish.
- Carefully set both dishes in preheated oven.
- Bake til set- about one hour.
- Serve with light cream or milk if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 484.1, Fat 21.6, SaturatedFat 12.2, Cholesterol 194.3, Sodium 394.3, Carbohydrate 62.6, Fiber 1, Sugar 41.8, Protein 11.8
AMISH BREAD PUDDING
What's better than bread pudding ? This sounds delish ! Another recipe out of my Missouri Amish cookbook 1990. I am unsure of the serving size or pan size.
Provided by PrimQuilter
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Soak torn bread in cream.
- Add sugar and butter, beaten eggs, cinnamon, salt and vanilla, stirring to blend.
- Put into a buttered baking dish.
- May add a little chopped citron, chopped raisins or dates if you wish.
- Bake approximately 40 minutes in a 375 oven.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 618.2, Fat 46.8, SaturatedFat 27.6, Cholesterol 330.9, Sodium 299.8, Carbohydrate 40.5, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 26.3, Protein 10.7
AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD I
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 2 (9x5 inch) loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, combine the Amish bread starter with oil, eggs, 2 cups flour, 1 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Mix well. Pour into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 118.9 calories, Carbohydrate 15.5 g, Cholesterol 18.7 mg, Fat 5.5 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 0.8 g, Sodium 89.1 mg, Sugar 6.9 g
AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD
This delicious recipe is courtesy of Mary Bodor. Note: Do not use metal cooking utensils, bowls, or baking pans with this recipe, since they will interfere with the fermenting process.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 2 loaves and 3 starters
Number Of Ingredients 12
- To prepare starter: Place 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, and 1 cup milk in a 1-gallon resealable plastic bag. Seal bag and knead mixture until well combined. Let stand at room temperature overnight.
- For the next 4 days, continue kneading mixture once a day; keep at room temperature. On the sixth day add 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, and 1 cup milk to bag. Seal and knead to combine; let stand at room temperature overnight.
- For the next 3 days, knead mixture twice a day. On the 10th day, transfer mixture to a large bowl. Add 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, and 1 cup milk; mix until well combined. Measure 1 cup of the mixture into each of 3 resealable plastic bags. Seal plastic bags and give each bag of starter mixture to a friend to make their own friendship bread.
- To make bread: Preheat oven to 330 degrees. Add oil to bowl with remaining starter mixture along with eggs, remaining 1/2 cup milk, and vanilla extract. Stir until well combined; set aside.
- In another large bowl, mix together remaining 2 cups flour, 1 cup of sugar, baking powder, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, salt, baking soda, pudding, and nuts, if desired. Add dry ingredients to starter mixture and stir until well combined. Divide batter evenly between two 8-by-4-by-2 1/2-inch loaf pans.
- In a small bowl, mix together remaining 3/4 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over batter. Transfer to oven and bake for 1 hour. Let cool 15 minutes before removing from the pan.
AMISH BREAD PUDDING
- In medium saucepan, over medium heat, heat milk just until film forms over top. Combine butter and milk, stirring until butter is melted. Cool to lukewarm.
- Combine sugar, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. Beat with electric mixer at medium speed for 1 minute. Slowly add milk mixture.
- Place bread in a lightly greased 1 1/2 qt casserole.
- Sprinkle with raisins if desired. Pour batter over bread.
- Bake at 350F for 45 to 50 minutes or until set. Serve warm.
- Note: If you make the sauce to put on top of your bread pudding, adjust the sugar in the bread pudding recipe, change it to 1/3 cup (the sauce has the other 1/3 c)
- For Sauce: Mix everything together and bring to boil for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly. Set aside for 5 minutes, then pour on warm bread pudding
More about "amish bread pudding recipes"
AMISH BREAD PUDDING RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
Servings 8Total Time 2 hrs
AMISH BREAD PUDDING | MRFOOD.COM
4/5 (9)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsCategory Puddings
AMISH BREAD PUDDING | OHIO'S AMISH COUNTRY
AMISH APPLE BREAD RECIPE - AMISH HERITAGE
AMISH BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - PINTEREST
AMISH GRAHAM CRACKER PUDDING RECIPE - AMISH HERITAGE
AMISH BREAD PUDDING - PINTEREST.CA
5 AMISH RECIPES TO GO BANANAS OVER » AMISH 365
AMISH CINNAMON BREAD (NO STARTER NEEDED) - QUICK & EASY!
18 HOMEMADE AMISH BREAD RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
AMISH BREAD PUDDING WITH VANILLA SAUCE - RECIPE GOLDMINE RECIPES
AMISH BREAD PUDDING – SCHOSSER ONLINE COOKBOOK
AMISH BREAD PUDDING: #RECIPE - FINDING OUR WAY NOW
AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD BREAD PUDDING
BREAKFAST BREAD PUDDING WITH PECAN CRUMBLE | OHIO'S AMISH …
AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD WITHOUT STARTER - THE SEASONED MOM
22 CLASSIC AMISH DESSERTS - INSANELY GOOD
SIMPLE AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD (SANS PUDDING MIX) - 1 TABLE
AMISH BREAD PUDDING - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
AMISH BREAD PUDDING - PINTEREST
AMISH BREAD PUDDING - BIGOVEN.COM
AMISH BAKED GOODS (COLLECTION OF AMISH BAKING RECIPES)
7 AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
BREAD PUDDING: AMISH BREAD PUDDING - RECIPECIRCUS.COM
AMISH STYLE CINNAMON CHIP BREAD PUDDING - WOMEN LIVING WELL
AMISH BREAD PUDDING RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
RECIPE FOR MAKING AMAZING AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD
CINNAMON-SUGAR AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD - THE SEASONED MOM
AMISH BREAD PUDDING - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
HOW TO MAKE AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD WITH AMISH BREAD STARTER
OLD-FASHIONED AMISH WHITE CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING
PECAN PIE BREAD PUDDING AMISH - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
AMISH BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - COOKSRECIPES.COM
AMISH BREAD RECIPES
AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD STARTER RECIPE WITH PUDDING
AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD RECIPE VARIATIONS - MOMS WHO THINK
NO-STARTER AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD - THE COUNTRY COOK
RHUBARB BREAD PUDDING » AMISH 365
AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD AND STARTER RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #north-american #desserts #american #puddings-and-mousses #dietary #low-sodium #amish-mennonite #northeastern-united-states #low-in-something
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What can I add to Amish friendship bread?One of our favorite things about our Amish Friendship Bread recipes is how versatile they are. You can usually add toasted or spiced nuts for a crunch or a dash of nutmeg or other spice for an extra kick. Here are a few favorite icings and frostings that pair beautifully with the recipes above.
How long to bake bread pudding?Place bread in a lightly greased 1 1/2 qt casserole. Sprinkle with raisins if desired. Pour batter over bread. Bake at 350F for 45 to 50 minutes or until set. Serve warm. Note: If you make the sauce to put on top of your bread pudding, adjust the sugar in the bread pudding recipe, change it to 1/3 cup (the sauce has the other 1/3 c)
Can You slow cook Amish friendship bread?This Amish Friendship Bread recipe uses a slow cooker instead of an oven so it’s ready when you are. One of our favorite things about our Amish Friendship Bread recipes is how versatile they are. You can usually add toasted or spiced nuts for a crunch or a dash of nutmeg or other spice for an extra kick.
How to cook bread pudding with sauce?Note: If you make the sauce to put on top of your bread pudding, adjust the sugar in the bread pudding recipe, change it to 1/3 cup (the sauce has the other 1/3 c) For Sauce: Mix everything together and bring to boil for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly. Set aside for 5 minutes, then pour on warm bread pudding