These Italian cookies are made without butter or oil and are twice baked to crisp perfection. Try Rum-Soaked Raisin Biscotti, Cherry Espresso Biscotti, Mexican Chocolate Biscotti, and Brown Sugar and Date Biscotti.
Recipe From marthastewart.com
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes about 40
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using an electric mixer, beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Add almonds and beat until combined.
- Divide dough in half and transfer to a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet. Form each half into a 2 1/2-inch-wide, 3/4-inch-tall log. Bake until dough is firm but gives slightly when pressed, 20 to 25 minutes, rotating sheet halfway through. Let cool on sheet on a wire rack, 20 minutes.
- With a serrated knife, cut logs into 1/4-inch slices on the diagonal and arrange, cut side down, on 2 parchment-lined rimmed baking sheets. Bake until biscotti are crisp and golden, about 15 minutes, rotating sheets and flipping biscotti halfway through. Let cool on sheets on wire racks.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or foil.
- In large mixing bowl, beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine brandy, anise extract and vanilla in a small bowl or measuring cup. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Alternately add dry ingredients and brandy mixture to the butter mixture, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Stir in the almonds and aniseed.
- Drop dough by spoonfuls onto prepared sheet, forming two 2 x 13-inch long strips on each sheet. Smooth dough into logs with moistened fingertips.
- Bake about30 to 35 minutes or until golden and firm to the touch. Place cookie sheets on racks and cool completely. Reduce the oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- Cut cooled logs on the diagonal into 3/4-inch thick slices using a serrated knife. Place slices on cookie sheets.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, turning after 10 minutes, until dry and slightly brown. Remove to a rack and cool.
Make and share this Almond-Anise Biscotti recipe from Food.com.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by ratherbebaking
Yield 24 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Cream butter and 1 cup sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- Stir in flavorings.
- Combine dry ingredients, add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in almonds.
- Lightly grease cookie sheet.
- Spray hands with non-stick spray and shape dough into 2-12x3 logs on prepared cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake at 375°F for 15-20 minutes or until firm.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temp to 300°F.
- Place log on cutting board and slice diagonally 1/2 inch thick.
- Place on cookie sheet sliced side down.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Turn, bake 10 more minutes.
- If desired, dip into melted chocolate.
- Store in airtight container.
CHEF JOHN'S ALMOND BISCOTTI
My version is pretty straightforward--a classic Italian dipping cookie. But you can add hazelnuts, pistachios, and any type of dried fruit. Or dip them in dark chocolate.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in a mixing bowl.
- Place butter, 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, olive oil in a separate mixing bowl. Mix together thoroughly until mixture has a creamy texture. Add 1 egg; mix into butter/sugar mixture. Whisk in 2nd egg, vanilla extract, and almond extract; whisk until smooth. Add flour mixture. Mix until flour is incorporated. Add whole almonds and chopped almonds; mix in evenly. Cover bowl with plastic wrap; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone mat.
- Divide dough in half. Place each half on a length of plastic wrap and shape into a log. Wrap with the plastic wrap and press into a shape about 3 or 4 inches wide and about 1/2 inch high. Transfer both pieces to prepared baking sheet leaving about 3 or 4 inches of space between them to allow for spreading.
- Bake in center of preheated oven until turning golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes before slicing.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Cut each piece at a slight angle into 1/2- to 1 -inch thick slices with a serrated knife. Transfer pieces back to baking sheet in a single layer. Bake 12 minutes; remove from oven and flip pieces over. Return pan to oven and bake until biscotti are golden brown and crunchy, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer biscotti to a cooling rack; let cool to room temperature.
HONEY, ANISE AND ALMOND BISCOTTI
- Whisk first 4 ingredients in medium bowl to blend. Whisk oil, sugar, honey, eggs, lemon peel, aniseed and vanilla in large bowl until smooth. Stir in flour mixture, then nuts. Cover and refrigerate dough until well chilled, about 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour 2 large baking sheets. Spoon out dough in 3 equal strips (2 on one sheet, spaced well apart, and 1 on second sheet). Using well-floured hands, shape strips into 2-inch-wide by 1-inch-high logs.
- Bake logs until just springy to touch, switching and turning pans after 10 minutes, about 20 minutes total (logs will spread). Cool 15 minutes on sheets. Maintain oven temperature.
- Using large spatula, gently transfer logs to work surface. Using serrated knife, cut each log on diagonal into §-inch-thick slices. Arrange slices, cut side down, on baking sheets. Bake until bottom side browns, about 7 minutes. Turn cookies over. Bake until bottom side browns, about 7 minutes longer. Transfer to racks and cool (cookies will crisp as they cool). (Can be made 2 weeks ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.)
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into medium bowl. Mix sugar, melted butter, 3 eggs, vanilla extract and ground aniseed in large bowl. Add flour mixture to egg mixture and stir with wooden spoon until well blended. Mix in almonds.
- Divide dough in half. Using floured hands, shape each dough half into 13 1/2-inch-long, 2 1/2-inch-wide log. Transfer both logs to prepared baking sheet, spacing apart. Whisk egg white in small bowl until foamy; brush over top and sides of each dough log.
- Bake logs until golden brown (logs will spread), about 30 minutes. Cool logs completely on sheet on rack, about 25 minutes. Maintain oven temperature.
- Transfer logs to work surface; discard parchment paper. Using serrated knife, cut logs on diagonal into 1/2-inch-wide slices. Arrange slices, cut side down, on same baking sheet. Bake 12 minutes. Turn biscotti over; bake until just beginning to color, about 8 minutes. Transfer to rack and cool. (Can be prepared 1 week ahead. Store in airtight container at room temperature.)
People also searched
More recipes about "anise almond biscotti"
ALMOND ANISE BISCOTTI RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
2017-07-28 · Heat oven to 375°F. Combine 1 cup sugar and butter in bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add eggs, anise seed, vanilla and anise …
- Combine 1 cup sugar and butter in bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add eggs, anise seed, vanilla and anise flavoring; continue beating until well mixed. Add flour and baking powder. Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed. Stir in almonds.
- Divide dough in half; shape each half into 11-inch log. Place 4 inches apart onto greased cookie sheet. Flatten each log to 2-inch width. Brush tops with egg white. Sprinkle with coarse grain sugar. Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned and set. Cool 15 minutes on cookie sheet.
ALMOND, ANISE, AND ORANGE BISCOTTI RECIPE - CHOWHOUND
2009-03-11 · 1 Place the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium mixing bowl and whisk to combine thoroughly. Using a sharp knife, coarsely chop the almonds and set them aside. 2 In the bowl of an …
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the eggs, the egg yolks, and the 2 cups sugar on medium speed until light, about 2 minutes.
ALMOND LEMON AND ANISE BISCOTTI RECIPE - FOOD.COM
2009-01-17 · DIRECTIONS Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, oil, lemon zest, aniseeds, baking powder, vanilla and salt.
ALMOND BISCOTTI WITH ANISE & ORANGE - BAKING SENSE®
2018-10-04 · In a mixing bowl combine flour, corn meal, sugar, baking powder, salt and anise seeds. Mix the dry ingredients for 30 seconds to combine. Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until almost combined. Add the almonds …
- In a small bowl combine the 4 eggs, olive oil, vanilla, orange zest and rum, set aside. In a mixing bowl combine flour, corn meal, sugar, baking powder, salt and anise seeds. Mix the dry ingredients for 30 seconds to combine.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until almost combined. Add the almonds and mix to until almost combined. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and finish mixing by hand.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and allow it to rest for 15-20 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 1/2 sheet pan with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Split the dough into 2 equal portions. Use your hands to roll each piece of dough to a log 13" long x 2" wide. Set the logs onto the sheet pan, leaving at least 3" between them. Brush each log with egg wash and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of Demerara sugar.
AUTHENTIC ITALIAN ANISE BISCOTTI - SHE LOVES BISCOTTI
2018-02-17 · Grease and flour (or use non-stick spray) three 8.5 x 4.5 inch loaf pans. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, or bowl of electric mixer …
- In a large mixing bowl, or bowl of electric mixer fitted with whisk attachment beat the eggs on medium speed until light and frothy (about 2-3 minutes).
ANISE AND ALMOND BISCOTTI - BREAD OLIVE WINE
2018-04-15 · Keyword almond, anise seeds, biscotti, biscuit, orange blossom. This is such a cool recipe because you can vary it to almost infinity by using different kinds of nuts, different herbs and …
- Shape into 2 loaves about 10cm (4 inches) wide and 2.5cm (1 inch) high.;Bake at 200'C/400'F for around 20 minutes until slightly browned.
ALMOND BISCOTTI - ONCE UPON A CHEF
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and crushed anise seeds. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the …
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and set the oven racks in the upper and middle thirds of the oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down the bowl as necessary. Mix in the vanilla and almond extracts. Add the flour mixture and almonds and mix on low speed until just combined. Dust your hands lightly with flour and divide the dough into evenly into two disks; wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and divide each disk into two equal pieces. Dust your hands with flour and form each portion into logs about 2-inches wide and 3/4-inch tall directly on the lined baking sheets (if the dough is sticky, dust your hands with more flour as necessary). Leave about 4 inches of space between the logs to allow the dough to spread. Bake for 25-30 minutes, rotating the pans from top to bottom and front to back midway through, until the loaves are firm to the touch and golden around the bottom edges. Remove from the oven and let cool for 20 minutes.
ANISE ALMOND HONEY BISCOTTI | THE DELICIOUS CRESCENT
2016-04-13 · In a medium bowl - sift the flour, baking powder and salt. In a larger bowl - mix oil, honey, sugar, eggs, almond extract and ground aniseed. Combine the flour mixture and egg mixture and stir …
- Position the rack in center of oven and preheat to 325°F. Prepare the baking sheet by lining with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl - sift the flour, baking powder and salt. In a larger bowl - mix oil, honey, sugar, eggs, almond extract and ground aniseed.
- Combine the flour mixture and egg mixture and stir with wooden spoon until well blended. Finally mix in the chopped almonds.
ALMOND ANISE BISCOTTI RECIPE CYNICAL0NE - CHOWHOUND
2 Mix sugar, melted butter, 3 eggs, vanilla extract and ground aniseed in large bowl. 3 Add flour mixture to egg mixture and stir with wooden spoon until well blended. Mix in almonds. 4 Divide dough into …
See details ››
ANISE ALMOND BISCOTTI | MCCORMICK
Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, anise seed, almonds and salt in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed. Beat eggs and vanilla in separate bowl. Gradually add to dry ingredients, beating just until the dough resembles wet sand.
HONEY ANISE AND ALMOND BISCOTTI- TFRECIPES
Recipe From epicurious.com. Categories Cookies Egg Nut Dessert Bake Lemon Almond Spring Honey Anise Bon Appétit Kidney Friendly Vegetarian Pescatarian Dairy Free Peanut Free Soy Free Kosher. Yield Makes about 48.Makes about 48. Number Of Ingredients: 12. Ingredients; 2 cups all purpose flour: 1 teaspoon baking powder: 1/2 teaspoon baking soda: 1/2 teaspoon salt: 1/2 cup vegetable oil: 1/2 …
See details ››
VEGAN ALMOND ANISE BISCOTTI
Vegan Almond Anise Biscotti Recipe. Ingredients: 2 cups unbleached flour; 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour; 1/3 cup slivered almonds; 1 cup roasted almonds, finely ground; 1/4 cup arrowroot or cornstarch; 2 tablespoons powered anise; 2 teaspoons baking powder; Pinch salt; 1/2 cup canola oil; 3/4 cup maple syrup ; 1 1/4 cups unsweetened almond milk, or milk of choice; Directions: Position one of ...
See details ››
ANISE–ALMOND BISCOTTI - SAVEUR
2019-03-18 · Set aside to cool, then roughly chop. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt in a small mixing bowl. Set aside. Cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer in a large mixing bowl until ...
See details ››
ALMOND AND ANISE BISCOTTI - TFRECIPES.COM
ALMOND-ANISE BISCOTTI. Make and share this Almond-Anise Biscotti recipe from Food.com. Recipe From food.com. Provided by ratherbebaking. Categories Dessert. Time 1h. Yield 24 cookies. Number Of Ingredients: 10. Ingredients; 1/2 cup butter: 1 1/4 cups sugar (divided) 3 eggs: 1 teaspoon almond extract : 1/8-1/4 teaspoon pure anise oil: 2 cups flour: 2 teaspoons baking powder: 1 dash …
See details ››
ALMOND ANISE BISCOTTI RECIPE
Almond anise biscotti recipe. Learn how to cook great Almond anise biscotti . Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Almond anise biscotti recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Get one of our Almond anise biscotti recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Good appetite! 78% Anise Biscotti Allrecipes.com Delicious, with a hint of ...
See details ››
ANISE-ALMOND BISCOTTI | RECIPE | ALMOND BISCOTTI, BISCOTTI ...
Feb 20, 2016 - "Biscotti have become very popular recently, but my mother-in-law, Helen, has been baking them for years," says Janet Mercuri of North Royalton Ohio. "Now that I've started using her recipe, friends tell me that my biscotti taste just like their grandmothers' and I'm not even Italian." These have a subtle anis…
See details ››
ANISE-ALMOND BISCOTTI RECIPE | RECIPE | ALMOND BISCOTTI ...
Nov 26, 2019 - Ground almonds, often sold as almond flour, give these twice-baked cookies a light, crumbly crunch. If you grind your own almonds with a mini-chopper, the. Pinterest. Today. Explore. When autocomplete results are available use up and down arrows to review and enter to select. Touch device users, explore by touch or with swipe gestures. Log in . Sign up. ...
See details ››
ANISE ALMOND BISCOTTI - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
2018-07-28 · Home > Recipes > Cakes > Anise Almond Biscotti. Printer-friendly version. ANISE ALMOND BISCOTTI : 2 1/2 c. flour 1 c. sugar 2 tsp. baking powder 2 tsp. anise seed 1 c. sliced almonds 1/4 tsp. salt 3 large eggs 2 tap. vanilla extract. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease large cookie sheet. In a large bowl, add first 6 ingredients. Blend, using an electric mixer on low speed. In a separate bowl ...
See details ››
ALMOND BISCOTTI WITH ANISE RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
2020-08-27 · Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, chopped toasted almonds, and chopped anise seed. Mix on low until homogeneous, then add eggs and vanilla; continue to mix just long enough to form a soft dough.
See details ››
ANISE ALMOND BISCOTTI RECIPE
Anise almond biscotti recipe. Learn how to cook great Anise almond biscotti . Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Anise almond biscotti recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Get one of our Anise almond biscotti recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Good appetite! 85% Anise Biscotti Allrecipes.com Delicious, with a hint of ...
See details ››
ANISE-ALMOND BISCOTTI - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
2017-03-18 · Home > Recipes > Cakes > Anise-Almond Biscotti. Printer-friendly version. ANISE-ALMOND BISCOTTI : 3-1/4 c. All-Purpose Flour 1 tbsp. Baking Powder 3/4 tsp. Salt 1-1/2 c. Sugar 10 tbsp. (1-1/4 stick) unsalted Butter, melted 3 large Eggs 1 tbsp. Vanilla Extract 2 tsp. ground Aniseed 1 c. whole Almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped 1 large Egg White. Position rack in center of oven and …
See details ››
ALMOND ANISE BISCOTTI - EVERYTHING BISCOTTI RECIPE COLLECTION
Almond Anise Biscotti recipe. Ingredients: 1/2 cup sugar; 1/2 cup brown sugar; 1/4 cup margarine or butter, soft ; 1tablespoon anise seed; 3 eggs; 3 cups flour; 1tablespoon baking powder; Pinch of salt 1/2 cup almonds, chopped; Directions: Line and large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicon baking sheet and set aside. Place one oven rack in the middle of your oven and preheat to 350 ...
See details ››