OLD-FASHIONED APPLE CAKE
Everyone enjoys biting into this moist dark cake-they're greeted with an abundance of apples, nuts and chocolate chips! I hope you try this home-style dessert today.-Iola Egle, Bella Vista, Arkansas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12-15 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 20
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in water and extracts. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture. stir in apples, walnuts and chips. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 325° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes; remove to a wire rack. Combine sugar and cardamom in a blender; process for 1 minute. Sprinkle 3-5 tablespoons over cooled cake. Store remaining sugar in an airtight container for another use.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 418 calories, Fat 20g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 75mg cholesterol, Sodium 285mg sodium, Carbohydrate 57g carbohydrate (38g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
The simple syrup really makes a difference with these apple chips. It makes them shiny and more crispy. You can reuse the syrup to sweeten tea or make another batch of apple chips.
Provided by Alex Guarnaschelli
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 4
- In a small pot, combine the water and sugar and bring to a gentle boil over medium heat. Set aside to cool.
- Place the apples on a flat surface. Using a mandoline or sharp knife, cut each one, placing the core end of the apple in front of the blade, into rounds as thin as you can manage. Remove any seeds as you cut and sprinkle them with lemon juice. Submerge the apple slices in the syrup and allow them to "rest" for a few hours or, even better, overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
- Remove some of the apples from the syrup and lightly dry them on a kitchen towel. Place them in a single layer on a baking sheet with parchment or on a tray fitted with a baking rack. Note: you may want to place something heavy, like a metal spoon, at each end of the paper to prevent the paper from folding over as the chips bake. Bake in the oven until crispy, about 1 hour.
APPLE, CINNAMON, CHOCOLATE CHIP CAKE
This is a delicious, moist cake that my mother has made for years. I don't know the cake's real name, but it is delectable. I have yet to meet a person who does not like this cake. This cake is so good, it doesn't need icing!
Provided by LisaJ26
Yield 1 cake, 12-16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Peel, core and slice apples to desired size (I prefer a little thinner than apple pie slices).
- Grease well a 9x13 cake pan or an angel food cake pan.
- Stir flour, sugar, oil, eggs, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Stir in apples and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter, which will be very thick and lumpy, into pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour.
- Let cool.
- Store in an air-tight container or cover with saran wrap.
- ***Tips*** if using an angel food cake pan, be very careful when removing it from the pan, it sometimes falls apart. if using a regular cake pan, serve right from the pan. ***If cake seems to be a little dry, place slices of apples on the top of the cake until you are ready to serve.
APPLE CHOCOLATE CAKE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan and dust all sides with the crushed vanilla wafers; set aside. Sift the flour and baking powder together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Using a mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk the eggs on high speed until pale and very thick, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium saucepan and cook, scraping the sides and bottom of the pan to prevent burning, until the butter browns and smells nutty, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add 3/4 cup of the granulated sugar to the eggs. Add one-third of the flour mixture, then half of the butter, another third of the flour, the remaining butter and the rest of flour, mixing between additions. Whisk until just barely combined. Using a spatula, gently fold the batter until the ingredients are combined. It is very important not to over-whisk or over-fold the batter or it will lose volume. Pour into the prepared pan.
- In a medium bowl, toss the apples, cinnamon, lemon zest and remaining 2 teaspoons granulated sugar and pour on top of the batter. Sprinkle on the chocolate chips and bake until the cake is golden brown and springs back to the touch, 40 to 50 minutes. Release the pan when cooled and sprinkle the cake with confectioners' sugar.
EASY APPLE CAKE
After testing many apple cake recipes with fresh apples, this old-fashioned cake is moist, dense and down-home delicious. Even better, it 's quick to fix and, served warm with whipped cream or a dollop of frozen custard, one of my family's very favorite recipes for decades. -Sherry Ashenfelter, Waterville, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 20 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and baking soda; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended. Fold in apples and walnuts., Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 35-45 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped topping.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 278 calories, Fat 16g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 32mg cholesterol, Sodium 169mg sodium, Carbohydrate 31g carbohydrate (19g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
These yummy cinnamon apple chips will disappear almost as quickly as you make them! They're perfect for healthy snacks and easy to take on the road. The secret is baking at a very low temperature for a long time, which dehydrates the apples.
Provided by walkerkr
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F (110 degrees C).
- Arrange apples slices on a metal baking sheet.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl; sprinkle over apple slices.
- Bake in the preheated until apples are dried and edges curl up, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Transfer apple chips, using a metal spatula, to a wire rack until cooled and crispy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 24.3 calories, Carbohydrate 6.9 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 0.1 g, Sodium 0.9 mg, Sugar 5.9 g
EASY APPLE CAKE
All it takes is five ingredients and 15 minutes of prep to pull of this apple-cinnamon cake. Just reach for your 13x9 pan, a box of Betty's spice cake mix, a can of apple pie filling, eggs, cinnamon and sugar-it's that easy! And with 12 servings, this dessert is perfect for sharing. Try topping with ice cream flavors like vanilla, butter pecan or cinnamon for a perfect fall treat.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease or spray bottom only of 13x9-inch pan.
- In large bowl, beat dry cake mix, pie filling and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 2 minutes. Batter will be thick. Spread half of the batter in pan. Mix sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle half of the mixture over batter in pan. Spread remaining batter in pan; sprinkle with remaining sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Bake 32 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean; cool completely. Serve with whipped topping. Store loosely covered.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 110, Carbohydrate 21 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Fat 1/2, Fiber 0 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 55 mg, Sugar 17 g, TransFat 0 g
APPLE CHIP CAKE
- 1. Blend the salad oil, sugar and eggs. Add remaining ingredients in the order given. Spoon into ungreased oblong baking pan Bake at 350 degreesfor 1 hour.
APPLE-CHIP SNACKING CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour square pan, 9X9X2.
- In large bowl, mix eggs, oil, apple juice and vanilla.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together; ten stir into batter until combined.
- Add apples, chocolate chips and nuts; stir until well blended.
- Pour into pan; bake 40-45 minutes.
- Cool completely and then serve sprinkled with confectioners' sugar or with a dollop of whipped topping.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 425.9, Fat 21.6, SaturatedFat 5, Cholesterol 47, Sodium 268.1, Carbohydrate 55.5, Fiber 2.7, Sugar 33.3, Protein 5.9
More about "apple chip cake recipes"
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions