MATZO APPLE KUGEL
Delicious Passover specialty that's easy and can be served with either meat or dairy dinners! Can also be made ahead and cooked later.
Provided by Cindy Faigin
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place the crumbled matzos in a medium bowl, and add enough water to cover. Let stand for 2 minutes, then drain off excess water. Do not squeeze.
- To the bowl of matzo, add eggs, 1/4 cup sugar, salt, lemon juice and applesauce. Stir to combine. Mix in the apples and dried cranberries. Spread the mixture evenly into a 2 quart casserole dish. Mix together the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar, and cinnamon; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top is golden, and the apples are soft.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 180.6 calories, Carbohydrate 38.7 g, Cholesterol 69.8 mg, Fat 1.9 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 0.6 g, Sodium 317.7 mg, Sugar 24.4 g
APPLE MATZO KUGEL
The BEST kugel ever. I'm not Jewish but have a lot of Jewish friends, and they love this recipe! Good as a side dish, breakfast, dessert or snack!
Provided by LORANGE7
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8x8 inch baking dish. Break the matzo sheets into pieces, and soak in a bowl of water until soft. Drain in a colander, mashing to squeeze the water out.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, salt, sugar, oil and cinnamon. Add the soaked matzo, and mix well. Fold in the apples and raisins. Spoon into the prepared baking dish, and spread evenly.
- Bake for 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until nicely browned and apples are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 239.9 calories, Carbohydrate 37.8 g, Cholesterol 69.8 mg, Fat 8.8 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 4.3 g, SaturatedFat 1.7 g, Sodium 173.1 mg, Sugar 22.8 g
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2. Toss the apples with the brown sugar and orange juice, set aside in a medium bowl.
- 3. Break the matzoh into 2- to 3-inch pieces and soak in 1 cup of warm water until soft but not mushy. Set aside.
- 4. While the matzoh soaks, beat the eggs with a wire whisk in a large bowl until blended. Add the salt, sugar, cinnamon, melted butter, raisins, and apricots.
- 5. Squeeze the liquid from the softened matzoh and add the matzoh to the egg mixture with the apples. Stir the kugel well and pour into a lightly greased 2 1/2-quart casserole dish or a 10x14-inch pan. Dot the top of the kugel with the 4 tablespoons of butter.
- 6. Bake the kugel for 1 hour. Cover the top with foil if the top begins to become too brown early in the baking. Remove the kugel from the oven and cool to room temperature.
APPLE MATZO KUGEL
Create a yummy dessert with this Apple Matzo Kugel recipe. Make it for Passover or other occasions for a versatile yet delicious matzo kugel dessert. You'll be surprised at how good matzo will taste in this recipe.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield Makes 12 servings, one square each.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place matzo farfel and water in large bowl; let stand 15 min. or until softened.
- Add eggs, apples, pineapple and walnuts; stir until well blended. Spoon into greased 13x9-inch baking dish; sprinkle evenly with cinnamon.
- Bake 1 hour or until top is browned and edges are crisp. Cool 10 min. before cutting into 12 squares to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 170, Fat 8 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 70 mg, Sodium 25 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 14 g
APPLE MATZOH KUGEL
Make and share this Apple Matzoh Kugel recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Mirj2338
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Break matzohs in pieces, soak in water and drain.
- Combine eggs, salt, honey, oil, cinnamon and add to matzoh.
- Mix in nuts, apples and raisins.
- Place in 8- inch square baking dish and bake at 350°F degrees for 35 minutes.
CREAMY MATZO-APPLE KUGEL
This sweet and creamy kugel makes an impressive centerpiece for a Passover brunch. You can also serve it for dessert.
Provided by Food Network
Yield Serves 6
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet and saute apple slices on high heat, stirring occasionally, until soft and lightly browned. Remove to a large bowl with a slotted spoon. Add 2 teaspoons butter to the skillet, lower heat to medium, and quickly saute raisins and almonds, stirring constantly. Be careful not to burn them. Add to bowl with apples, and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place matzo squares in another large bowl, and run cool water over them to soften. Crumble the matzo, and drain in a colander. Return drained matzo to bowl.
- Combine eggs with matzo and stir well. In another bowl, mix sour cream and cream cheese thoroughly. Then add it to the matzo mixture, along with sugar, cinnamon, salt, and fruit-nut mixture. Mix all ingredients thoroughly.
- Grease a 10-inch square Pyrex baking pan (or similar) with butter (use quite a bit), pour mixture into pan, and bake for 50 minutes or until top is a light golden brown. Let cool on counter. Loosen sides with a knife, place a large platter over the baking pan, and carefully turn the kugel out onto the platter. If any pieces stick in the pan, just put them in place. When cooled, sprinkle top with confectioners' sugar (best done through a sieve or sifter). YOu can serve this kugel warm (not hot) or at room temperature, but we like it best chilled in the refrigerator with the confectioners' sugar added just prior to serving.
LAURA'S APPLE MATZOH KUGEL
This only lasted a day in my house! I ate it breakfast, lunch, dinner, and as dessert! THAT'S HOW MUCH I LOVED IT! I re-created the recipe by adding craisins and less sugar. There's enough sweetness from the dried fruit and OJ.
Provided by Creative Baker
Yield 36 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Toss the apples with the brown sugar and orange juice, set aside in a medium bowl.
- Break the matzoh into pieces and soak in 1 cup of warm water until soft but not mushy. Set aside.
- While the matzoh soaks, beat the eggs with a wire whisk in a large bowl until blended. Add the salt, sugar, cinnamon, melted butter, craisins, and apricots.
- Squeeze the liquid from the softened matzoh and add the matzoh to the egg mixture with the apples. Stir the kugel well and pour into a lightly greased casserole dish . Dot the top of the kugel with butter chunks.
- Bake the kugel for 1 hour. (Cover the top with foil if the top begins to becomes too brown early in the baking).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 111.8, Fat 3.8, SaturatedFat 2, Cholesterol 53.8, Sodium 100.3, Carbohydrate 18.2, Fiber 1.2, Sugar 12.5, Protein 2.1
More about "apple matzoh kugel recipes"
APPLE MATZAH KUGEL RECIPE | THE NOSHER - MY JEWISH …
APPLE MATZO KUGEL - MANISCHEWITZ
APPLE MATZO KUGEL | RECIPE - KOSHER.COM
APRICOT APPLE MATZO FARFEL KUGEL FOR PASSOVER - OMG!
10 BEST PASSOVER KUGEL RECIPES | YUMMLY
APRICOT APPLE MATZO FARFEL KUGEL FOR PASSOVER | RECIPE
PASSOVER: APPLE MATZOH KUGEL - MY JUDY THE FOODIE
RECIPE: APPLE MATZOH KUGEL | WHOLE FOODS MARKET
PASSOVER APPLE MATZO KUGEL RECIPE - CHELSEY AMER
PASSOVER MATZO KUGEL WITH APPLES | LITTLE CHEF BIG …
APPLE MATZO KUGEL RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
APPLE-ICIOUS MATZO KUGEL RECIPE - HUNGRY-GIRL
APPLE MATZO KUGEL - SIDE DISH - WORLDRECIPES.ORG
RECIPE IN SPOTLIGHT - APPLE-MATZOH KUGEL | WHITEHOUSE.GOV
MATZO APPLE KUGEL - STEMILT
MATZO FARFEL KUGEL FOR YOUR PASSOVER SEDER - OMG! YUMMY
APPLE-MATZOH KUGEL | RECIPE | PASSOVER RECIPES, JEWISH RECIPES, …
PASSOVER KUGEL RECIPE EASY - THERESCIPES.INFO
APPLE MATZOH KUGEL RECIPE | DEPORECIPE.CO
CHERRY APPLE MATZOH KUGEL - PLAIN.RECIPES
APPLE-MATZOH KUGEL - PLAIN.RECIPES
APPLE MATZO KUGEL | RECIPE | RECIPE IN 2022 | PASSOVER RECIPES, …
MATZO AND APPLE KUGEL FOR PASSOVER RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
THE BEST PASSOVER SWEET MATZO KUGEL - YAY KOSHER
APPLE CINNAMON MATZOH KUGEL - WITH HEALTH & GRATITUDE
APPLE-MATZOH KUGEL RECIPE | EPICURIOUS.COM | PASSOVER RECIPES, …
APPLE MATZO KUGEL FOR PASSOVER : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
APPLE-MATZOH KUGEL - JEWISH RECIPES
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #breakfast #desserts #side-dishes #fruit #jewish-ashkenazi #oven #european #holiday-event #kosher #nuts #dietary #passover #apples #equipment
You'll also love