HERB AND APPLE STUFFING
Serve Ina Garten's crowd-pleasing stuffing at your Thanksgiving feast: Herb and Apple Stuffing from Food Network.
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Put the bread cubes on a 13 by 18 by 1-inch baking sheet and bake them in the oven for 7 minutes.
- In a large saute pan, melt the butter and add the onion, celery, apples, parsley, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Saute for 10 minutes, until the mixture is soft.
- Combine the bread cubes and cooked vegetables in a large bowl and add the chicken stock, and almonds, if desired.
- Place the stuffing into the main cavity of the turkey and into the neck of the bird. I cook a 12-pound turkey for 2 1/2 hours at 350 degrees F in a preheated oven. Make sure the stuffing in the cavity is secured by wrapping the legs tightly with string.
SAUSAGE, SAGE & ONION STUFFING
A slice of our classic sausage, sage and onion stuffing is a must-have for Christmas dinner. It's also great as a side with your Sunday roast
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Dinner, Lunch, Side dish
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Fry 2 sliced onions in 25g butter for 5 mins, then add 1 small diced Bramley apple and cook briefly.
- Cool, then mix with 800g Cumberland sausages, skins removed, the chopped handful of sage, 140g granary breadcrumbs and seasoning.
- Use to stuff the neck end of the bird, then roll any leftovers into balls. Or, pack the whole mixture into a 1kg loaf tin and top with extra sage leaves.
- Bake with turkey for 30-40 mins. Drain off any fat and serve sliced.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 328 calories, Fat 22 grams fat, SaturatedFat 8 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 19 grams carbohydrates, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 16 grams protein
APPLE, SAUSAGE, AND PARSNIP STUFFING WITH FRESH SAGE
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Bake bread cubes on 2 large rimmed baking sheets until lightly toasted, about 20 minutes.
- Sauté sausages in very large skillet over medium-high heat until cooked through, breaking into pieces with spoon, about 15 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer to large bowl; add bread.
- Add onions and celery to same skillet and sauté until golden brown, about 10 minutes; transfer to bowl with bread. Melt 1/4 cup butter in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add apples and sauté until tender, about 8 minutes; mix apples into stuffing. Melt 1/4 cup butter in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add parsnips and sauté until golden, about 10 minutes; mix into stuffing. Melt 1/4 cup butter in same skillet. Add sage and sauté until dark green, about 2 minutes. Mix sage and butter into stuffing. Season with salt and pepper.
- Butter 15x10x2-inch glass baking dish. Stuff turkey. Transfer remaining stuffing to prepared dish; drizzle with 1/2 cup chicken broth. Cover with foil. (Can be prepared 4 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake stuffing covered until heated through, about 1 hour. Uncover and bake until beginning to brown, about 10 minutes.
APPLE SAGE STUFFING
- In a large pan, melt butter on med-high heat.
- Saute onion, celery, garlic and apple.
- Add sage, pinch of nutmeg and the bread cubes.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add stock and fresh herbs.
- Season and taste.
- Remove from heat; place in an oven-proof roasting pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
SAGE, SAUSAGE AND APPLE DRESSING
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Put the stuffing cubes in a large bowl and set aside. Butter a 3-quart casserole dish.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and break it up with a wooden spoon. Cook until it loses most of its pink color, but not so much that it's dry, about 5 minutes. Add the sausage and pan drippings to the stuffing cubes. Melt the remaining butter in the pan. Add the onion, apple, celery, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook until the vegetables get soft, about 5 minutes. Add the broth and parsley and bring to a boil.
- Pour the vegetable mixture over the stuffing cubes and toss until evenly moistened. Mix in the walnuts and eggs. Loosely pack the dressing in the prepared pan and cook uncovered until the top forms a crust, about 40 minutes. Drizzle about 2 tablespoons of turkey pan drippings or melted butter over the top. Cook until the top is crisp and golden, about 20 minutes more.
More about "apple sage stuffing recipes"
APPLE SAGE THANKSGIVING STUFFING | GARDEN IN THE KITCHEN
Servings 8Estimated Reading Time 3 minsCategory Side Dish, ThanksgivingTotal Time 35 mins
- In a large casserole melt butter. Add in celery, bell pepper and apples. Garnish with salt and pepper and sauté for about 5 mins. Add in chicken broth, sage and stuffing mix. Fold to combine. Turn heat to medium low, cover an cook for 13-15 mins or until preferred doneness.
APPLE, SAGE AND WALNUT STUFFING RECIPE - TABLESPOON.COM
5/5 (1)Category Side DishServings 10Total Time 1 hr 20 mins
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare your baking dish (glass – 15x10x2 inches) by rubbing the bottom and sides with butter. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with the butter and oil inside. Once the butter is melted, add the onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add the apples, walnuts, garlic and sage to the skillet and stir to combine. Let cook for two minutes, then transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the ciabatta bread pieces and cheese to the mixing bowl. Toss well. Pour the chicken broth over and season the mixture with salt and pepper, to taste. Toss well.
SIMPLE APPLE SAGE STUFFING | LEMONS + ZEST | HOLIDAY …
5/5 (12)Total Time 55 minsCategory Side DishCalories 302 per serving
- Begin with bread sliced into one inch pices that have set out overnght. If you do not have time for this, heat oven to 325°F and place cubed bread on baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes or until dried out.
- In a skillet, heat 4 T butter to melt. Add in celery and onion and cook until softened (about 5-7 minutes). Add in fresh herbs and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
SAGE AND APPLE STUFFING RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
4/5 (2)Total Time 2 hrs 20 minsServings 10
- Preheat oven to 300°F with racks in upper and lower thirds. Spread bread on 2 rimmed baking sheets and bake until dry and crisp (but hasn't taken on any color), 18 to 20 minutes, rotating baking sheets from top to bottom halfway through. Let cool for 30 minutes. (Cooled, toasted bread cubes can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.)
- While bread cools, increase oven to 350°F. Grease a 13-by-9-inch baking dish with 1 tablespoon butter. Heat oil and 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high until butter melts. Add sage; cook, stirring often, until crisp, about 1 minute. Using a slotted spoon, transfer sage to a plate.
- Add onions, celery, pepper, and 1½ teaspoons salt to same skillet; cook, stirring often, until mixture softens and just begins to turn golden, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl; add bread, grated apple, and half of the crisped sage.
- Whisk eggs in a medium bowl until lightly beaten; add broth, vinegar, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt and whisk to combine. Pour broth mixture over bread mixture; stir gently to combine. Let mixture stand, stirring occasionally, until liquid is absorbed, 5 to 10 minutes.
GUSTO TV - SAGE AND APPLE STUFFING
Servings 4-6Estimated Reading Time 40 secsCategory Sides
SAGE & APPLE STUFFING | EPICURE.COM
THANKSGIVING STUFFING WITH APPLES AND SAGE RECIPE - …
Reviews 2Calories 343 per servingCategory Side Dish, Make Ahead
SAGE, APPLE AND PECAN STUFFING | SAVOR PARADISE
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Add chopped onion, chopped celery, minced garlic, salt, pepper and poultry seasoning to skillet.
PORK, SAGE & APPLE STUFFING – CURLY'S COOKING
5/5 (6)Category Side DishCuisine BritishCalories 229 per serving
- Add all of the ingredients apart from the butter into an oven proof dish (approximately 23 x 23cm). Stir until completely combined
CRANBERRY APPLE SAGE STUFFING - ABERDEEN'S KITCHEN
Reviews 31Total Time 1 hrEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and celery, and cook until softened and onions start to become translucent, about 6-7 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together bread, apples, cranberries, cooked onion and celery, and fresh herbs.
APPLE & SAGE STUFFING RECIPE - FRUGAL MOM EH!
Reviews 5Category Side DishesCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 15 mins
- Add apples, celery, thyme, and sage to the skillet, and continue to cook, stirring occasionally until the apples begin to soften.
SAGE AND APPLE STUFFING WITH YELLOW ONION, CELERY, NUTMEG ...
- Add butter to a large skillet and heat to melt. Add onions and celery and cook until soft. Add apple, dried sage, fresh sage, and nutmeg, and cook, stirring, until apple is soft. Add the contents of the skillet to the bread.
- Add pine nuts, then add the Goose Stock and mix. Add the egg and some of the goose fat and mix.
- Grease a casserole dish with the remainder of the goose fat. Transfer mixture to dish, loosely packed, then cover and bake at 350 F (175 C) for forty minutes, uncovering for the last five minutes.
THANKSGIVING STUFFING RECIPE WITH APPLE AND SAGE – HOW TO ...
Servings 10Calories 563 per serving
APPLE, LEEK, AND SAGE STUFFING - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
3.5/5 (2)Category Side DishesCuisine AmericanCalories 370 per serving
FIG, APPLE & SAGE STUFFING - CLEAN EATING
Cuisine American, VegetarianTotal Time 35 minsCategory DinnerCalories 162 per serving
APPLE, SAGE AND CHESTNUT STUFFING RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4/5 (1)Calories 217 per servingServings 15
RECIPE - ROAST TURKEY STUFFED WITH APPLE SAGE STUFFING
SAGE SAUSAGE STUFFING RECIPE WITH APPLES - ALL INFORMATION ...
APPLE, SAGE, AND SAUSAGE STUFFING - SAVEUR
SAUSAGE AND APPLE STUFFING | CANADIAN LIVING
SAUSAGE, APPLE AND SAGE STUFFING | CANADIAN LIVING
APPLE, CELERY AND ONION STUFFING | RACHAEL RAY | RECIPE ...
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #stuffings-dressings #side-dishes #fruit #apples
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make Sage stuffing?This Simple apple Sage Stuffing is easy to toss together and has a fun twist with the added apples. Make it your new family tradition! Begin with bread sliced into one inch pices that have set out overnght. If you do not have time for this, heat oven to 325°F and place cubed bread on baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes or until dried out.
What is this pork sage & apple stuffing?This Pork, Sage & Apple Stuffing is very simple to make and absolutely delicious. It is the perfect accompaniment to any roast dinner but especially pork. Not everyone is confident enough or has time to make dishes completely from scratch. This Pork, Sage & Apple Stuffing is an adaptation of my Easy Sausage Meat Stuffing which is a family recipe.
How to cook sausage and stuffing for Christmas dinner?Butter a 3-quart casserole dish. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and break it up with a wooden spoon. Cook until it loses most of its pink color, but not so much that it's dry, about 5 minutes. Add the sausage and pan drippings to the stuffing cubes.
How long to Cook Apple stuffing in oven?Put the stuffing in the oven and roast for approximately 15 to 20 minutes, or until it's crispy and golden on top. This stuffing is so full of flavor and texture. We used the Hot Italian Beyond Meat sausage to add extra flavor and the apples balance the savory and spicy with a touch of sweetness.