DRIED APRICOT MOUSSE
- Simmer the apricots in the wine with the apples, lemon juice and sugar, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until soft. Cool and puree in a food processor.
- Meanwhile, beat the egg whites until they are in stiff peaks. Using a whisk, fold them into the apricot puree.
- Spoon the mousse into eight wine glasses or individual bowls. Chill for one to two hours. Just before serving, sprinkle with almonds.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 381, UnsaturatedFat 2 grams, Carbohydrate 81 grams, Fat 2 grams, Fiber 7 grams, Protein 6 grams, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 51 milligrams, Sugar 70 grams
- Put apricots in bowl and cover with boiling water.
- Set aside for 1 hour to soften.
- Place drained apricots in blender, add honey and blend until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, dissolve gelatin in 2 tbls of water.
- Place on low heat and stir until all gelatin is dissolved.
- Combine cottage cheese and yogurt in a seperate bowl and whip until smooth.
- (this can be done in the blender too.) Pour yogurt mixture into a bowl and slowly stir in the gelatin, the fold in the apricot puree.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 236.4, Fat 2.6, SaturatedFat 1.6, Cholesterol 9.1, Sodium 267.3, Carbohydrate 43.8, Fiber 2.4, Sugar 39.5, Protein 12.7
- In a small bowl, combine gelatin with 1/4 cup water. Set aside to soften. In a small saucepan, combine apricots with 1 tablespoon sugar and 2 cups water. Place over medium-low heat, and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain well.
- In a food processor, combine apricots and lemon juice. Process until pureed. Add lemon zest and orange zest, and pulse to mix.
- Transfer apricot mixture to a small saucepan, and add gelatin mixture. Place over low heat and stir just until warmed, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in fromage blanc, Grand Marnier and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually add 3 remaining tablespoons sugar, and continue beating until stiff but not dry. Fold into apricot puree. Beat 1/2 cup heavy cream into soft peaks, and fold into puree.
- Spoon into parfait glasses or wineglasses. Cover each glass with wax paper. Refrigerate until firm, a few hours or overnight.
- To serve, remove wax paper. If desired, fold 2 tablespoons whipped cream into yogurt and garnish each glass with a spoonful on top.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 189, UnsaturatedFat 2 grams, Carbohydrate 29 grams, Fat 7 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 5 grams, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Sodium 72 milligrams, Sugar 25 grams
YOGURT MOUSSE WITH APRICOT SAUCE
- Make mousse:
- Drain yogurt in a paper-towel-lined sieve set into a bowl in refrigerator, discarding liquid occasionally, 8 hours, then transfer to a clean bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup milk in a small bowl and let stand 1 minute to soften.
- Scrape seeds from vanilla bean pod into remaining 3/4 cup milk in a 1-quart heavy saucepan, then add pod, sugar, and zest and bring to a simmer over moderate heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Stir in gelatin mixture until dissolved. Pour through a fine-mesh sieve set into a metal bowl, discarding solids, then set bowl in a larger bowl half-filled with ice and cold water and let stand, stirring frequently, until cool, about 10 minutes.
- Add milk mixture gradually to yogurt, whisking. Beat cream with an electric mixer at high speed until it just holds soft peaks, then fold into yogurt mixture gently but thoroughly. Chill mousse, covered, folding twice in first 20 minutes, until set, about 2 hours.
- Make sauce while mousse chills:
- Scrape seeds from vanilla bean pod into a 2-quart heavy saucepan, then add pod, sugar, water, apricots, and 1 teaspoon lemon juice and cook, uncovered, over moderate heat, stirring frequently and skimming off any foam, until fruit is tender, 8 to 12 minutes. Cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes. Add lemon juice to taste and discard pod. Serve sauce topped with mousse.
More about "apricot mousse recipes"
APRICOT MOUSSE - RECIPE | TASTYCRAZE.COM
5/5 (5)Category CreamCuisine French CuisineTotal Time 40 mins
- Clean the apricots and cut them in halves. Arrange them in a baking dish, sprinkle them with sugar, wrap them with baking paper and put them in a preheated 356°F (180 °C) oven for 10-15 minutes. When ready, puree them.
- Mix the gelatin with water and leave it for 15 minutes to swell. Then add the alcohol to it and dissolve it in a water bath. Add the gelatin to the fruit puree and mix. Allow the mixture to tighten in the refrigerator. Beat the egg white into snow and add in the vanilla sugar. Beat the cream with sugar as well.
- Add the egg white and cream carefully to the fruit mixture and stir. Distribute the mousse into dessert bowls and let them sit for 3 hours in a refrigerator, before serving.
APRICOT MOUSSE: HOW TO PREPARE THE APRICOT-BASED FOAM
Servings 6Total Time 3 hrs 30 mins
APRICOT MOUSSE RECIPE, QUICK DESSERT RECIPES
5/5 (1)Energy 287 calCarbohydrates 32.8 gFiber 0 g
APRICOT MOUSSE FILLING RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (1)Servings 12
- Combine 2 1/2 cups orange juice and the apricots in a large nonaluminum saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until apricots are tender.
- Combine 1/4 cup orange juice and half of the apricot mixture in a blender or food processor, and process until smooth; pour into an extra-large bowl. Repeat procedure with remaining apricot mixture and 1/4 cup orange juice, except leave mixture in blender.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over remaining 1 1/2 cups orange juice in a saucepan; let stand 1 minute. Cook over low heat 10 minutes, stirring until gelatin dissolves. Add gelatin mixture to apricot mixture in blender, and process until smooth. Add to the apricot mixture in bowl, stirring until well-blended. Place bowl over another extra-large bowl filled with ice; let stand until apricot mixture is chilled and thickened (about 30 minutes), stirring frequently and scraping sides of bowl. (If mixture sets up too much, whisk it until it becomes like pudding again.) Remove bowl from ice.
- Combine egg whites (at room temperature), sugar, water, and corn syrup in an extra-large straight-sided bowl. Place bowl over simmering water in a large saucepan (water should not touch bottom of bowl). Beat egg white mixture at medium speed of a mixer 7 minutes. Increase speed to high; beat for 10 minutes or until mixture is smooth and satiny and stiff peaks begin to form. Remove bowl from simmering water; beat in vanilla.
APRICOT MOUSSE RECIPE | DESSERT RECIPES - RECIPEMATIC
Servings 10Total Time 50 minsCategory DessertsCalories 180 per serving
- #For this delicate mousse choose fine, fresh apricots with a deep gold color, intense perfume, and soft, velvety skin.# Poach The Apricots: With the vegetable peeler, pare the zest from the lemon. Squeeze the juice from the lemon.
- Halve and stone the apricots. Set aside 2 apricot halves for decoration. "Use indentation on apricot as guide for cutting"
- Put the water, lemon zest, and lemon juice in a medium saucepan and add the sugar. Heat until the sugar has dissolved, then bring to a boil and cook 2 minutes.
- Add the apricots to the syrup. Cover them with a round of parchment paper and set the heatproof plate on top to weigh them down. Poach until very tender, 10-15 minutes.
MIDDLE EASTERN APRICOT MOUSSE WITH NUT CRUMBLE LAYERS ...
Cuisine Middle EasternTotal Time 30 minsCategory DessertCalories 283 per serving
- In a food processor or blender (such as the Vitamix), blend apricot quarters until they form a smooth purée. Stop once or twice to scrape down the sides, if necessary.
APRICOT AMARETTI MOUSSE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Total Time 4 hrsCalories 263 per serving
- Combine apricot nectar and dried apricots in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer just until the apricots are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine lemon juice and liqueur in a small bowl. Sprinkle with gelatin and set aside to soften.
- Transfer the hot apricots and their cooking liquid to a food processor. Add softened gelatin; process to a smooth puree. Set a fine-mesh stainless-steel sieve over a large bowl, transfer the apricot puree to the sieve and work it through with a rubber spatula. (Discard coarse pulp.) Let the puree cool to room temperature.
- Bring about 1 inch of water to a simmer in a large saucepan. Combine sugar, egg whites, cream of tartar and water in a heatproof mixing bowl large enough to fit over the saucepan. Set the bowl over the barely simmering water and beat with an electric mixer on low speed, moving the beaters around the bowl constantly, until an instant-read thermometer registers 140 degrees F. (This will take 2 to 4 minutes.) Increase the mixer speed to high and continue beating over the heat for a full 3 1/2 minutes. Remove the bowl from the heat and beat the meringue until cool, about 4 minutes.
CHOCOLATE AND APRICOT MOUSSE CAKE RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
Servings 8Total Time 4 hrs 52 minsCategory Dessert
EASY APRICOT CREAM DESSERT RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.5/5 (8)Total Time 17 minsCategory DessertCalories 126 per serving
APRICOT MOUSSE CAKE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Total Time 6 hrsCalories 326 per serving
APRICOT MOUSSE | SOSCUISINE
5/5 (1)Category DessertsCuisine ItalianCalories 70 per serving
APRICOT MOUSSE - CERI JONES CHEF
4.8/5 (4)Category DessertServings 4Total Time 20 mins
APRICOT MOUSSE RECIPE BY KASHIEFA KAMAAR - HALAAL RECIPES
4/5 (1)Category Desserts, Sweet Meats
CHRISTIAN DIOR'S APRICOT MOUSSE - SPRINKLE BAKES
Reviews 26Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
APRICOT MOUSSE A FRENCH RECIPE
APRICOT RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
APRICOT COGNAC MOUSSE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
APRICOT MOUSSE RECIPE BY KASHIEFA KAMAAR
APRICOT MOUSSE RECIPE FROM ENCYCLOPEDIA OF FOOD AND ...
ORANGE AND APRICOT MOUSSE RECIPES
APRICOT MOUSSE RECIPES (PAGE 1) - FOODFERRET
APRICOT MOUSSE - RECIPES AND COOKING TIPS - BBC GOOD FOOD
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #for-1-or-2 #5-ingredients-or-less #gelatin #desserts #fruit #easy #beginner-cook #puddings-and-mousses #dietary #number-of-servings #presentation #served-cold
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make apricot mousse with gelatin?Sprinkle the gelatin over remaining 1 1/2 cups orange juice in a saucepan; let stand 1 minute. Cook over low heat 10 minutes, stirring until gelatin dissolves. Add gelatin mixture to apricot mixture in blender, and process until smooth. Add to the apricot mixture in bowl, stirring until well-blended.
How do you make apricot cream for dessert?In a medium saucepan, combine apricot puree, gelatin mixture, lemon juice, and sugar. Heat over low heat until gelatin and sugar are dissolved. Refrigerate mixture for about 30 minutes. Fold in the whipped cream. Pour the mixture into a 4-cup mold or bowl and refrigerate until firm.
How to make fresh apricots in a food processor?In a small saucepan, combine apricots with 1 tablespoon sugar and 2 cups water. Place over medium-low heat, and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain well. In a food processor, combine apricots and lemon juice. Process until pureed. Add lemon zest and orange zest, and pulse to mix.
What to do with apricots in a biscuit?Give homemade biscuits a fruity spin by sandwiching a layer of apricots in between two layers of buttery tray-baked shortbread A star rating of 5 out of 5. Come rain or shine, serve up this sumac-marinated spatchcocked bird, that can be barbecued or oven cooked, with a sweet, fruity accompaniment