EASY APRICOT PORK CHOPS
Canned apricots nicely complement the tender pork in this wonderful entree sent by Ron Gardner from Grand Haven, Michigan.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place apricots in a food processor or blender; cover and process until coarsely chopped. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in butter over medium-high heat. Add apricots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-10 minutes or until meat juices run clear., Remove the chops and keep warm. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into apricot mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Season with salt and pepper. Serve over pork chops.
Nutrition Facts :
APRICOT HABANERO PORK CHOPS
Provided by Jeff Mauro, host of Sandwich King
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- For the pork chops: Season the pork chops with salt and pepper; set aside while making the glaze.
- Add the apricot preserves, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, orange zest and juice and habanero to a small pot and bring to a simmer. Simmer until the sauce is reduced and thickened, 10 to 15 minutes; let cool. Divide the glaze between 2 bowls, reserving 1 bowl for basting and one for serving with the cooked chops.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Coat the grates with plenty of vegetable oil to help create a nonstick surface.
- Using a brush, coat the chops with the first round of glaze. Place them on the grill glazed-side down and grill without moving until the glaze begins to caramelize, about 5 minutes. Brush the tops with glaze, flip the chops, brush the other side with more glaze and continue cooking until the chops are caramelized, charred and sticky and the internal temperature registers 135 degrees F, another 7 to 10 minutes. Discard the basting glaze. Let the chops rest for 5 to 10 minutes, coating them once with the reserved serving glaze while resting.
- For the relish: Combine the mint, apple, bell pepper, scallion and lime zest and juice in a bowl and toss to coat.
- Top the pork chops with some green apple relish and serve with the remaining serving glaze and relish.
APRICOT GLAZED PORK CHOPS
I've served these tasty apricot pork chops for birthdays, Easter dinner and for no special reason at all. They're easy to double or even triple to feed a crowd. -Sondra Warson, Madrid, Iowa
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 4
- In a small bowl, combine the preserves, dressing and mustard. Pour 3/4 cup marinade into a large resealable bag; add the pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting., Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. , Grill chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 367 calories, Fat 16g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 82mg cholesterol, Sodium 450mg sodium, Carbohydrate 21g carbohydrate (12g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 33g protein.
CRISPY APRICOT PORK CHOPS
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly brush a rimmed baking sheet with oil; set aside.
- Tear bread into large pieces; place in food processor. Pulse until large crumbs form. Drizzle with oil; pulse once or twice, just until crumbs are moistened (you should have about 1 1/2 cups crumbs).
- Season pork chops generously with salt and pepper; spread one side of each chop with 1 teaspoon jam. Dividing evenly, sprinkle breadcrumbs over jam, and pat them on gently.
- Transfer pork, coated side up, to prepared baking sheet. Bake until crust is golden and pork is opaque throughout (meat should register 150 degrees.on an instant-read thermometer), 14 to 16 minutes. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 404 g, Fat 20 g, Protein 37 g
CRANBERRY-APRICOT STUFFED PORK CHOPS
- Put the dried fruit in a small bowl. Pour 1/4 cup boiling water over the fruit and set aside for 10 minutes to soften. Drain, reserve the soaking water. In a mini-processor process the fruit with the nuts, butter, fennel and half the shallot until finely chopped. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a small sealable plastic bag or pastry bag. Snip about a 1/2-inch opening in the corner of the plastic bag. With a small paring knife, make a pocket starting from rounded side of each chop. Set the tip of the bag inside the pocket and press a quarter of the stuffing into the chop. Repeat with the remaining chops and filling. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Pat the chops dry and season with salt and pepper. In a large saute pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Brown one side of the chops, until well browned about 5 minutes. Use tongs to hold the chops and sear the edges of the chops. Turn and brown the other sides of the chops, about 2 minutes. Transfer the chops to a baking sheet and bake until an instant read thermometer inserted into the center of the chops registers 135 degrees F, about 15 minutes. While the chops are in the oven make the sauce. Drain the oil from the saute pan. Off the heat, add the Calvados and the remaining shallots. Return the pan to the heat, taking care since the alcohol may flambe, and cook over high heat until the alcohol is reduced by half and is slightly syrupy. Add the broth and the fruit soaking liquid and boil down until the liquid is reduce by about a third. Add the cream and continue to simmer until it thickens slightly. Whisk in the mustard. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add any juices that have accumulated on the baking sheet to the sauce. Divide the chops among 4 warm plates or a large platter. Pour on the sauce and serve.
APRICOT PORK CHOPS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the pork chops into a casserole dish. Mix onion soup mix, Russian dressing and apricot preserves together.
- Pour mixture over chops and bake for 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 422.4 calories, Carbohydrate 51.7 g, Cholesterol 37.1 mg, Fat 18.7 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 15.2 g, SaturatedFat 4.3 g, Sodium 893.6 mg, Sugar 33.4 g
HONEY APRICOT PORK CHOPS
These are absolutely divine!! So simple and so beautiful...this is definitely a trick up my mom-sleeve! They look like they require so much more effort than they really do. I love to serve them with roasted asparagus topped with a homemade lemon vinaigrette or some green beans.
Provided by Christie Biggers
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Pat the pork chops dry with paper towels, and sprinkle both sides with salt and black pepper. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, and brown the chops well on both sides, about 5 minutes per side.
- Stir in honey, apricots, and garlic; cover, and simmer until the pork is tender, about 8 minutes. An instant-read thermometer, inserted into the center of a chop, should read at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C). Sprinkle with parsley, and serve chops topped with the apricots and pan juices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 181.5 calories, Carbohydrate 13.3 g, Cholesterol 36 mg, Fat 7.8 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 15 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 122.1 mg, Sugar 11.8 g
SWEET AND SOUR APRICOT PORK CHOPS
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season pork chops all over with salt and black pepper and add to hot pan.
- Cook chops 2 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Add apricot preserves, soy sauce and ginger and bring to a simmer.
- Partially cover and simmer 5 minutes, until pork is cooked through.
- Remove from heat and stir in scallions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 406.1, Fat 11.4, SaturatedFat 3.3, Cholesterol 76, Sodium 354.1, Carbohydrate 52.8, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 35, Protein 25.5
APRICOT PORK CHOPS
This recipe was given to me by my flute teacher and fellow cooking enthusiast. He said we would like it and we did.
Provided by Kathy
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place apricots in a bowl.
- Pour orange juice over apricots.
- Add preserves, brown sugar, and curry powder and stir gently. Set aside.
- Heat large skillet over medium high heat. Add oil.
- Cook chops about 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low. Add apricot and juice mixture.
- Cover and simmer about 5 minutes or until chops are done.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with green onions.
PAN-ROASTED PORK CHOPS WITH APRICOT-CARAMEL SAUCE
- In 10-inch skillet (preferably nonstick), mix sugar and water with wooden spoon. Heat over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, without stirring, until sugar turns dark golden brown and just begins to smoke (do not allow to burn). Remove from heat.
- Add apple, onion, garlic and cinnamon to skillet and stir to coat (sugar may clump and harden at first but will melt again when heated). Return to heat and cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until some liquid escapes from mixture.
- Remove from heat and add vinegar (avert your head; the fumes from the vinegar can take your breath away). Stir and return to heat. Slowly stir in apple cider and broth (sugar may clump-that is okay, it will melt). When all liquids have been added, add bay leaves and thyme.
- Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer uncovered 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until reduced by half.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 375°F. In 10-inch ovenproof skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp and brown. Remove bacon from skillet; drain on paper towels, crumble and set aside. There should be about 1 tablespoon bacon drippings remaining in pan. If there is more, pour off excess; if there is less, add a little vegetable oil.
- Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Place pork in bacon drippings in skillet and cook 4 minutes or until brown. Flip and brown on other side, about 4 minutes longer. Cover skillet with lid or foil and place in oven. Roast 8 minutes or until slightly firm when touched and meat thermometer inserted in center reads 155°F (pork will continue to cook to 160°F when removed from oven). Remove pork from skillet and place on plate. Cover tightly with foil; set aside.
- The skillet used to cook the pork should have some cooking liquid in it. Place this skillet over medium heat. Pour the reduced sauce into skillet and stir to combine. Stir in apricot preserves and heat sauce to boiling. Boil 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened. Remove skillet from heat. Beat in butter, 1 piece at a time, with wire whisk, adding the next piece only after the first has been completely beaten in and melted. When all of the butter has been beaten in, taste sauce and season with salt and pepper if desired. Remove and discard bay leaves and thyme sprig.
- Place pork on warm serving plates and top with sauce. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon and the parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 580, Carbohydrate 62 g, Cholesterol 105 mg, Fiber 2 g, Protein 31 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 600 mg, Sugar 48 g, TransFat 1/2 g
More about "apricot pork chops recipes"
APRICOT PORK CHOPS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (12)Total Time 23 minsServings 4Calories 231 per serving
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add pork to pan; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Add prechopped onion to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in preserves, soy sauce, garlic, and salt; cook 3 minutes or until thickened. Add pork to pan, turning to coat. Sprinkle with green onions.
APRICOT SRIRACHA PORK CHOPS - SIMPLY MADE RECIPES
10 BEST PORK CHOPS APRICOT PRESERVES RECIPES | YUMMLY
PORK CHOPS WITH APRICOT SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PORK CHOPS WITH APRICOTS | WILLIAMS-SONOMA TASTE
APRICOT BALSAMIC PORK CHOPS RECIPE - SWEET AND TANGY …
APRICOT PORK CHOPS: SLOW COOKER - THE HAPPY HOUSEWIFE™ :: …
APRICOT-SOY PORK CHOPS | FOR THE LOVE OF COOKING
PORK CHOPS WITH APRICOT-DIJON GLAZE AND SLICED ALMONDS FAST2EAT
PORK CHOPS WITH APRICOT RICE – PORK RECIPES
SEARED PORK CHOPS WITH APRICOT BRANDY SAUCE | FOOD CHANNEL
APRICOT-MUSTARD GLAZED PORK CHOPS MEAL KIT DELIVERY | GOODFOOD
PERFECT APRICOT & SOY GLAZED PORK CHOPS | NZ PORK AND JUST A MUM
APRICOT CROCK POT PORK CHOPS RECIPE - THRIFTY NW MOM
BOURBON APRICOT PORK CHOPS - THREE OLIVES BRANCH
FAST APRICOT PORK CHOPS RECIPE | ONTARIO PORK
GRILLED APRICOT-GLAZED PORK CHOPS - 101 COOKING FOR TWO
OVEN BAKED PORK CHOPS WITH APRICOT GLAZE • DISHING DELISH
PAN COOKED JUICY HONEY APRICOT PORK CHOPS - PLATING PIXELS
APRICOT MARINADE FOR PORK CHOPS - THESPICETRAIN.COM
APRICOT PORK CHOPS WITH RICE SALAD - VJ COOKS
HONEY APRICOT PORK CHOPS RECIPES AND FOOD TIPS
PORK CHOPS WITH APRICOT CHUTNEY RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
SLOW COOKER APRICOT PORK CHOPS - MOMMY HATES COOKING
APRICOT PORK CHOP SHEET PAN DINNER | THE MODERN PROPER
EASY APRICOT GINGER STEAKHOUSE PORK CHOPS IN 30 MIN!
APRICOT DIJON PORK CHOPS - BUDGET BYTES
SAUCY PORK CHOPS WITH APRICOT GLAZE - ORGANIZED ISLAND
PORK CHOPS WITH APRICOT STUFFING | METRO
PORK CHOPS WITH APRICOT RELISH MEAL KIT DELIVERY | GOODFOOD
PERFECT APRICOT & SOY GLAZED PORK CHOPS - JUST A MUM
SLOW COOKER PORK CHOPS WITH APRICOT SAUCE RECIPE - MAGIC SKILLET
APRICOT PORK CHOPS RECIPE - GERALDINE AND VIRGINIA
OUR FAVORITE APRICOT PORK CHOPS RECIPE - EMILY ROACH HEALTH COACH
APRICOT PORK CHOPS - QUICK WEEKNIGHT MEALS
APRICOT PORK CHOPS - BAKED - WORLDRECIPES.ORG
CREAMY APRICOT PORK CHOPS - HOUSE OF NASH EATS
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #5-ingredients-or-less #main-dish #pork #easy #dietary #high-protein #high-in-something #meat
You'll also love