POTATO, GREEN BEAN AND SPINACH SALAD
Sometimes salads can be comforting, especially when warm potatoes are part of the mix. This is a particularly healthy combination whose three components bring together a great deal of vitamin C, vitamin K, potassium, folate, manganese, potassium, iron and vitamin A.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories easy, quick, salads and dressings
Yield Serves four as a main dish or six as a side dish
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Steam the potatoes above 1 inch boiling water for 10 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, whisk together the vinegar, lemon juice, salt, garlic, Dijon mustard, olive oil and yogurt.
- When the potatoes are tender, remove from the heat and toss at once with 1/4 cup of the dressing, the onion, herbs, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the green beans to the steamer pot, and steam for five minutes. Remove from the heat, refresh briefly with cold water, drain well and toss with the potatoes, 2 more tablespoons of the dressing and the feta. In a separate bowl, toss the spinach with the remaining dressing. Top with the potatoes and beans, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 322, UnsaturatedFat 16 grams, Carbohydrate 27 grams, Fat 22 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 7 grams, SaturatedFat 5 grams, Sodium 611 milligrams, Sugar 4 grams, TransFat 0 grams
PEA AND ASPARAGUS SOUP
This delicious and simple soup captures the freshness of spring in the combination of peas and asparagus.
Provided by matrecipes
Yield Serves 2
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Add the peas to water and boil them for 3 minutes, then puree and season
- Add fried bacon for an extra salty zing.
- Griddle the asparagus spears and warm some goat'ÃÂs cheese over them.
ASPARAGUS SOUP WITH TARTINES
Goat's cheese toasts give a contrast in texture to this silky smooth soup - a special dinner party starter or seasonal lunch
Provided by Sarah Cook
Yield Serves 6 as a starter, 4 for lunch
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large saucepan, soften the onions in the butter. Meanwhile, trim about 5cm off the ends of 16 of your thinnest asparagus spears and set these aside. Roughly chop the remaining asparagus and stir into the onions. Cook for a few mins, then tip in the stock. Cover and boil for 10 mins, then uncover, stir in the peas and cook for 2 mins more.
- Whizz the soup with a blender until smooth, then return to the pan. Season well and add a splash more water if it looks a little thick.
- Meanwhile, cook the reserved asparagus tips in boiling water until just cooked, then drain and dry on kitchen paper.
- When you're ready to serve, warm the soup gently. Brush the baguette slices with the hazelnut oil and toast, then spread with some goat's cheese and top with a couple of the asparagus tips, plus a sprinkling of hazelnuts. Ladle the soup into bowls, float a toast on each with a few pea shoots and drizzle with a little more hazelnut oil. Serve extra toasts on the side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 397 calories, Fat 17 grams fat, SaturatedFat 7 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 36 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 9 grams sugar, Fiber 10 grams fiber, Protein 20 grams protein, Sodium 1.4 milligram of sodium
ASPARAGUS, PEA SHOOT, SPINACH, AND POTATO SOUP
Delicious homemade soup that's packed with green garden vegetables and herbs. Use a handful of the herbs of your choice. It's a lovely fresh spring color. Garnish with a little cream.
Provided by Julian1964
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add potato; simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain. Return to the pot and pour in chicken stock. Add spinach and pea shoots.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add asparagus, onion, celery, mint, and sage. Cook and stir until asparagus is tender, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir asparagus mixture into the chicken stock in the pot. Simmer soup over medium-low heat until flavors combine, about 30 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Pour soup into a food processor; process until smooth, about 20 seconds. Pour back into the pot. Stir in creme fraiche. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 209 calories, Carbohydrate 34.2 g, Cholesterol 5.6 mg, Fat 6 g, Fiber 8.7 g, Protein 9.9 g, SaturatedFat 1.7 g, Sodium 574.8 mg, Sugar 8.9 g
More about "asparagus pea shoot spinach and potato soup recipes"
PEA & WATERCRESS SOUP | VEGETABLES RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER ...
Servings 6Total Time 35 minsCategory StartersCalories 196 per serving
- In summer, a light pea soup feels totally right – the watercress in this recipe adds a mustardy bite.Heat a large saucepan and pour in a little olive oil.
- Throw in the chopped onion and celery. Turn the heat down and cook very gently with the lid on for 10 minutes, or until the onion has softened, but not browned.
ASPARAGUS & SPINACH SOUP - HEALTHY & EASY RECIPES | …
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 1 minCategory Mains
COD WITH PEA AND ASPARAGUS RISOTTO RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH ...
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 3 minsCategory Main
CREAMY ASPARAGUS PEA SOUP | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
4.8/5 (66)Total Time 30 minsCategory SoupCalories 143 per serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (204 C) and spread asparagus on a bare baking sheet. Drizzle with oil of choice and season lightly with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Heat a large saucepan or pot medium heat. Once hot, add 2 Tbsp oil (amount as original recipe is written // adjust if altering batch size) and shallot and garlic. Season lightly with salt and pepper and stir to coat. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant and translucent. Reduce heat if garlic begins browning.
CREAMY ASPARAGUS-POTATO SOUP RECIPE | EATINGWELL
5/5 (8)Total Time 30 minsCategory Healthy Creamy Soup RecipesCalories 190 per serving
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring, until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add broth, asparagus, potato, horseradish and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes. Puree with an immersion blender or in a regular blender. (Use caution when pureeing hot liquids.)
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium, add bread cubes and cook, stirring, until browned and crispy, 3 to 5 minutes.
103 BEST SOUP RECIPES FOR 2021 (INCLUDING PLENTY OF EASY ...
Author Kristi KelloggPublished 2015-01-14
- Lentil Soup With Wheat Berries and Kale. This nourishing soup is packed with creamy, chewy, and hearty textures that make the simple preparation extremely satisfying.
- Pasta e Fagioli with Escarole. Plenty of garlic and Parmesan give a nice punch of flavor to this hearty and delicious soup. This is the perfect recipe for cold weather evenings.
- Miso-Squash Ramen. Noodle soup recipes don't have to start with chicken. This ramen, for example, gets its rich flavor from squash that's rubbed in miso before roasting.
- Pozole Verde Con Hongos. This vegetarian pozole relies on meaty mushrooms and hearty hominy to become a filling, soul-nourishing meal-in-a-bowl. Get This Recipe.
- Roasted Carrot and Fennel Soup With Miso-Glazed Mushrooms and Cashew Cream. This superlatively creamy take on puréed vegetable soup is one of our favorite soup recipes for vegans and vegetarians—but you meat eaters will love it, too.
- Shrimp With Chochoyotes in Smoky, Herby Broth. This brothy soup feels like coastal Oaxaca in a bowl. It has tons of herbs, buttery shrimp, a light spicy-smoky broth—and chochoyotes, dumplings made from masa.
- Apple and Butternut Squash Soup. Creamy but without cream, this soup makes a light start to any meal. The garnishes really pull it all together, offering textural and flavor contrasts.
- Sonoran-Style Potato, Cheese, and Tomato Soup. This is Epi contributor Christian Reynoso's version of an undersung regional Mexican dish that’s deeply satisfying yet remarkably light.
- Spicy Coconut Pumpkin Soup. This coconutty soup from Epi contributor Ramin Ganeshram is ideal for fall, when squash and pumpkin are readily available. Serve it with crusty bread or a hearty green salad for the perfect autumn lunch.
- Tomato and Cannellini Bean Soup. You're going to want to keep making this wholesome vegetarian soup all winter long. Get This Recipe.
THE SPRING RECIPES YOU NEED TO COOK ASAP | HUFFPOST LIFE
Author Julie R. ThomsonEstimated Reading Time 50 secs
HOW TO USE FRESH PEA SHOOTS | ALLRECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
SPRING PEA SOUP WITH SMOKED BACON AND PEA SHOOTS | EMERILS.COM
COOK WITH M&S | A FREE APP FULL OF DELICIOUS M&S RECIPES.
POTATO GNOCCHI, PARMESAN SAUCE & ASPARAGUS RECIPE - SPOILT ...
ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
PEA SOUP RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
RECIPES/ASPARAGUS-PEA-SHOOT-SPINACH-AND-PO.JSON AT …
RECIPES | EAT HEALTHY | ALLINA HEALTH
SPINACH SOUP RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
ASPARAGUS RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SOUPS AND STARTERS RECIPES FROM KENWOOD
PEA RECIPES - 101 COOKBOOKS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook asparagus and potatoes for Soup?Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add potato; simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Heat oil in a large skillet. Add asparagus, onion, celery, mint, and sage. Stir asparagus mixture into the chicken stock in the pot. Simmer soup over medium-low heat until flavors combine, about 30 minutes.
How do you cook spinach and asparagus in soup?Now add the chopped asparagus and continue to sweat for another couple of minutes, add the vegetable stock bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes. Add your spinach to the soup and simmer for 2 minutes then remove from the heat and put into a blender and blitz in batches.
How to cook pea soup with potatoes?Method In summer, a light pea soup feels totally right – the watercress in this recipe adds a mustardy bite. Heat a large saucepan and pour in a little olive oil. Throw in the chopped onion and celery. Add the potato and stock and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the potato is cooked. Remove the pan from the heat.
How to cook asparagus and potatoes in a crock pot?Directions. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add potato; simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Return to the pot and pour in chicken stock. Add spinach and pea shoots. Heat oil in a large skillet. Add asparagus, onion, celery, mint, and sage. Cook and stir until asparagus is tender, 5 to 10 minutes.