FRENCH 75 COCKTAIL
The French 75 cocktail was originally created at the New York Bar in Paris in 1915. The combination of gin, lemon juice, Champagne, and sugar was said to have a kick like a French 75mm field gin. Serve with straws.
Provided by Home Happy Hour
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Combine lemon juice, gin, and simple syrup in a Collins glass. Add ice cubes, fill with Champagne, and stir.
- Garnish with a slice of lemon or orange and a maraschino cherry.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 293.9 calories, Carbohydrate 18.1 g, Fat 0.1 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 0.5 g, Sodium 15.8 mg, Sugar 2.4 g
- Pour the Cognac, simple syrup, and lemon juice into a cocktail shaker and add the ice. Shake for at least 30 seconds (it's longer than you think!). Pour the mixture into 4 Champagne flutes to fill each glass about two-thirds full. Fill the glasses with Champagne, garnish with the lemon zest, and serve ice cold.
- Chill cocktail shaker and glass (champagne flute or collins glass) in the freezer. Add ice to shaker. Pour gin, simple syrup, and lemon juice into shaker. Shake well. Fill chilled glass half full of ice, then strain cocktail into the glass. Top with champagne and garnish with a lemon slice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 287.2 calories, Carbohydrate 9.9 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 0.3 g, Sodium 9.2 mg, Sugar 1.5 g
The original French 75 drink was created at Harry's New York Bar in Paris, France during WWI. The original version had a powerful kick, like a French 75 mm artillery gun. The version here uses less gin. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 serving.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Sprinkle a thin layer of sugar on a plate. Moisten the rim of a chilled champagne flute with water; hold glass upside down and dip rim into sugar., Fill a shaker three-fourths full with ice. Add gin, confectioners' sugar and lemon juice; cover and shake until condensation forms on outside of shaker, 10-15 seconds. Strain into prepared flute; top with champagne.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 140 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 0 sodium, Carbohydrate 10g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 0 protein.
The French 75 cocktail dates back to 1915 and was an invention born from necessity. The usual mixer, soda water, was in short supply due to the war, so the French started topping their gin with readily available Champagne instead and voila! It was an instant classic. Nowadays, we can raise our glasses to this light and easy spritz on both special and everyday occasions alike.
Provided by Riley Wofford
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place gin, lemon juice, and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker filled with ice; shake until cold, about 10 seconds. Strain into a flute; add champagne to fill. Repeat as desired.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 1 cocktail
Number Of Ingredients 0
- In a cocktail shaker, combine 1 ounce gin, 1/4 ounce lemon juice and 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar. Shake with ice for 30 seconds, then strain into a chilled flute; top with sparkling wine.
- Shake all ingredients, except the Champagne, in a tall shaker filled with ice.
- Strain and pour into a cold martini glass. Top with Champagne to brim. Garnish with flamed orange twist
FRENCH 75 COCKTAIL
Love gin and champagne? Combine the two in this classic cocktail with lemon, which is sure to be a hit at any celebration. Garnish with a strip of lemon zest
Provided by Miriam Nice
Categories Cocktails, Drink
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Pour the lemon juice, sugar syrup and gin into a cocktail shaker then fill up with ice.
- Shake well then strain into a champagne flute. Top with a little champagne, leave to settle (as it will bubble up) then fill up with more champagne. Swirl gently with a cocktail stirrer then garnish with a strip of lemon zest if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 200 calories, Carbohydrate 6 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 6 grams sugar, Protein 0.2 grams protein, Sodium 0.01 milligram of sodium
- Shake gin, sugar cube, and lemon juice with ice. Strain into an ice-filled Collins glass, and top with Champagne.
A fresh drink with lemon juice and gin, this concoction takes its nationality from a topping of Champagne.
Provided by Mark Bittman
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Combine lots of ice, the gin, lemon juice and simple syrup in a mixing glass and shake. Strain into an empty glass. Top with Brut Champagne. Garnish with a lemon twist
More about "french 75 recipes"
CLASSIC FRENCH 75 COCKTAIL RECIPE - 2022 - MASTERCLASS
2.4/5 (17)Category CocktailCuisine FrenchTotal Time 5 mins
- 1. In a cocktail shaker, combine gin, lemon juice, and simple syrup; fill with ice, and shake vigorously.
- Learn more about mixology from award-winning bartenders. Refine your palate, explore the world of spirits, and shake up the perfect cocktail for your next gathering with the [MasterClass Annual Membership](https://www.masterclass.com/).
FRENCH 75 COCKTAIL RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
Ratings 89Calories 243 per servingCategory Beverage, Cocktail
FRENCH 75 COCKTAIL RECIPE - LIQUOR.COM
4.6/5 (313)Calories 456 per serving
FRENCH 75 COCKTAIL - RECIPES AND HISTORY - DIFFORD'S GUIDE
FRENCH 75 | RICARDO
6 FRENCH 75 TWISTS TO MAKE NOW - LIQUOR.COM
FRENCH 75 COCKTAIL RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
FRENCH 75 RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
CLASSIC FRENCH 75 COCKTAIL - COOKIE AND KATE
FRENCH 75 (GIN COCKTAIL) - THE PERFECT RECIPE - GINOBSERVER
FRENCH 75 - SPIRITS BEACON
HOW TO MAKE A FRENCH 75 COCKTAIL – REPUBLIC OF FREMANTLE
A FRENCH 75 FOR EVERYONE - THE NEW YORK TIMES
TASTY AND CLASSY FRENCH 75 RECIPE | COCKTAILDB.COM
FRENCH 75 RECIPE - IMBIBE MAGAZINE
THE BEST FRENCH 75 RECIPE — ZESTFUL KITCHEN
THE FRENCH 75 RECIPE | TASTE OF FRANCE
FRENCH 75 RECIPE - BBC FOOD
FRENCH 75 RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE A FRENCH 75 COCKTAIL - THE MOM …
FRENCH 75 - CLASSIC COCKTAIL RECIPES - COCKTAIL MONKEY
HOW TO MAKE THE FRENCH 75 COCKTAIL IN 2022 | THE MANUAL
BEST FRENCH 75 COCKTAIL RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE FRENCH 75
FRENCH 75 - GIMME SOME OVEN
FRENCH 75 COCKTAIL RECIPE BRANDY - THERESCIPES.INFO
FRENCH 75 RECIPE - KATHY CASEY | FOOD & WINE
BEST FRENCH 75 RECIPES | BAREFOOT CONTESSA: BACK TO …
FRENCH 75 RECIPE: THE PERFECT HOLIDAY COCKTAIL - SLIGHTLY PRETENTIOUS
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
FRENCH 76 AND 75 RECIPES - RAMSHACKLE PANTRY
FRENCH 75 - PREPPY KITCHEN
FRENCH 75 - SPEND WITH PENNIES
HOW TO MAKE A FRENCH 75 [NEW THATCOCKTAIL RECIPE]
FRENCH 75 RECIPE: CLASSIC COCKTAILS - UMAMI GIRL
FRENCH 75 - FABULOUS CHAMPAGNE COCKTAILS - COOKTHESTORY
FRENCH 75 (A CLASSIC GIN COCKTAIL) - WELL SEASONED STUDIO
FRENCH 75 | TASTE FRANCE MAGAZINE
FRENCH 75 COCKTAIL – A COUPLE COOKS
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #for-1-or-2 #low-protein #healthy #5-ingredients-or-less #beverages #french #easy #european #low-fat #cocktails #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-carb #low-in-something #number-of-servings #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love