ASPARAGUS IN PUFF PASTRY
This is one of my all-time favorite appetizers. Fast and easy, the golden bites are always a huge hit. I make and freeze batches of them during asparagus season for dinner parties throughout the year. -Dianne Werdegar of Naperville, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 28 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large nonstick skillet, bring water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and cook for 3 minutes. Drain asparagus and immediately place in ice water; drain and pat dry. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and salt until smooth; set aside., Unfold the dough on a lightly floured surface. Cut each sheet in half widthwise. For each rectangle, spread cream cheese mixture lengthwise over half of the dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Arrange two rows of three asparagus spears lengthwise in a single layer over cream cheese., Brush edges of dough with some of the egg substitute; fold dough over filling and press edges together to seal. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour., Cut widthwise into 1-1/4-in. pieces. Place 1 in. apart on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Brush with remaining egg substitute. Bake at 425° for 8-12 minutes or until golden. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 87 calories, Fat 6g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 9mg cholesterol, Sodium 156mg sodium, Carbohydrate 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
ASPARAGUS PASTRY PUFFS
When the first asparagus of the season appears, we serve it rolled inside puff pastry with a yummy cheese filling. Our guests always compliment these lovely treats. -Cindy Jamieson, Tonawanda, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, bring 1-1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cook, uncovered, 1-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove asparagus and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry., In a small bowl, mix cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper until blended. Unfold puff pastry sheets; cut each sheet in half to make a total of four rectangles. Spread each rectangle with a fourth of the cream cheese mixture to within 1/4 in. of edges. Arrange asparagus over top, allowing tips to show at each end; roll up jelly-roll style. Using a serrated knife, cut each roll crosswise into four sections., Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet, seam side down. In a small bowl, whisk egg with water until blended; brush lightly over tops., Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack; serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 188 calories, Fat 11g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 21mg cholesterol, Sodium 211mg sodium, Carbohydrate 18g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
CHEESY PUFF PASTRY ASPARAGUS TART
- Pre-heat the oven to 220ºC/430ºF. Line a baking sheet with baking/parchment paper.
- To make the cheese mixture, combine the cream cheese, egg yolks, Parmesan, thyme, lemon zest, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Gently roll the puff pastry out into a large rectangle (to fit the baking sheet). Score a border around the edge (taking care not to cut all the way through the pastry).
- Spread the cream cheese mixture onto the puff pastry, staying within the borders then top with the asparagus and season with salt and pepper.. Brush the edges of the pastry with beaten egg.
- Place the tart into the oven and allow to bake for 15-20 minutes until the pastry is golden and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 340 kcal, Carbohydrate 20 g, Protein 11 g, Fat 23 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, Cholesterol 120 mg, Sodium 426 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 3 g, ServingSize 1 serving
ASPARAGUS AND CHEESE TART
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Fill a large bowl with ice water. Bring about 1 inch of water to a boil in a large skillet. Add the asparagus; cook until bright green and crisp-tender, 2 to 5 minutes, depending on the thickness of the asparagus. Drain and transfer to the ice water to stop the cooking; drain and pat dry. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roll out the puff pastry into a 10-by-16-inch rectangle on a floured surface. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet and prick all over with a fork. Bake until light golden brown, about 12 minutes. Let cool slightly on the baking sheet.
- Meanwhile, mix the fontina, comte, shallot, egg yolks, milk, nutmeg and a pinch each of salt and pepper in a bowl until combined. Spread the cheese mixture evenly over the puff pastry, leaving a 1-inch border on all sides. Toss the asparagus with the olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste. Arrange the asparagus on the tart and bake until the cheese mixture is slightly puffy, 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle with the lemon zest. Serve warm or at room temperature.
ASPARAGUS, HERB AND GOAT CHEESE PUFF PASTRY
Provided by Valerie Bertinelli
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the goat cheese, ricotta and 2 eggs to the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment. Pulse until the mixture is evenly combined. Next, add the Parmesan, parsley, chives, dill, lemon zest, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Pulse once again to combine all the ingredients. The mixture may look slightly liquidy, but once it bakes the egg will help stabilize the cheese mixture. Set aside.
- On a separate rimmed baking sheet, toss the asparagus with the olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
- Unroll the puff pastry on a lightly floured work space and dust a rolling pin lightly with flour. Roll the puff pastry out to a 13-by-11-inch rectangle. Add the goat cheese-herb mixture to the puff pastry and spread it out into an even layer, leaving a 1-inch border all the way around the puff pastry. Nestle in the asparagus into the cheese mixture, alternating directions.
- To make the egg wash, whisk the remaining egg with a splash of water. Use a pastry brush to brush the exposed crust all the way around the edges.
- Transfer the tart to the oven and bake until the crust is golden and the cheese mixture is set, 25 to 30 minutes
ASPARAGUS & PARMESAN PASTRIES
A chef's favourite treat is ready-rolled pastry. Perfect for a quick, easy, impressive supper, at any time of year
Provided by Sara Buenfeld
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Mix the mascarpone with the Parmesan, basil and lemon zest, then season.
- Lift the pastry onto 2 trays, then score around the edges of each piece to make a thin border. Spread the cheese mixture within the borders.
- Toss the asparagus in the oil, then arrange the bundles on top of the pastry (these can be stacked a bit for height). Bake the pastries for 20-25 mins until golden, then serve warm topped with the dressed salad leaves and a few shavings of Parmesan.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 535 calories, Fat 39 grams fat, SaturatedFat 18 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 37 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 4 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 12 grams protein, Sodium 0.99 milligram of sodium
ASPARAGUS GRUYERE TART
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a floured surface, roll the puff pastry into a 16-by-10-inch rectangle. Trim uneven edges. Place pastry on a baking sheet. With a sharp knife, lightly score pastry dough 1 inch in from the edges to mark a rectangle. Using a fork, pierce dough inside the markings at 1/2-inch intervals. Bake until golden, about 15 minutes.
- Remove pastry shell from oven, and sprinkle with Gruyere. Trim the bottoms of the asparagus spears to fit crosswise inside the tart shell; arrange in a single layer over Gruyere, alternating ends and tips. Brush with oil, and season with salt and pepper. Bake until spears are tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
ASPARAGUS GRUYERE TART
This is from Canadian Living's Best Recipes Ever show. It is a great appetizer when you are looking for something a little different. I used the prerolled puff pastry for this, just unroll, and use the parchment to line your baking pan. It can be served warm or chilled.
Provided by Demelza
Categories < 30 Mins
Yield 1 tart, 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Blanch asparagus (just till it turns bright green) and chill in ice water.
- Unroll thawed puff pastry sheet on baking sheet.
- Brush with mustard, leave a 1" border.
- Lay asparagus spears on pastry, alternate ends so each cut will get tips as well as the stem.
- Sprinkle with cheese & pepper.
- Beat 1 egg with 1 Tbsp of milk, brush border with the egg wash.
- Bake at 450 for about 15 - 20 minutes, till puffed & pastry is browned.
- Cut down the middle through the asparagus spears, then across to make 8 or 10 pieces.
ASPARAGUS PARMESAN PASTRY ROLLS
- Unfold pastry sheets and halve each parallel to fold lines. Roll out 1 half (keep remaining 3 halves chilled, covered with plastic wrap) into a 20- by 7-inch rectangle with a floured rolling pin on a well-floured surface. (Pastry will shrink slightly after rolling.) Brush off excess flour from work surface and both sides of pastry, then trim all edges with a sharp knife to make even. Cut crosswise into 6 (6 1/2- by 3-inch) rectangles.
- Brush rectangles with some egg wash and sprinkle each evenly with 1 packed tablespoon cheese, leaving a 1/2-inch border on long sides. Lay an asparagus stalk along 1 long side, then roll up asparagus in pastry, pressing seam to seal. Make more rolls with remaining pastry, cheese, and asparagus.
- Arrange rolls, seam sides down, about 1 inch apart on lightly oiled baking sheets and brush top and sides lightly with egg wash. Chill rolls until pastry is firm, at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bake rolls in batches in middle of oven until puffed and golden, about 16 minutes.
- Transfer with a metal spatula to a cutting board and trim about 1/2 inch from ends. Halve each roll crosswise, then, starting about 1/2 inch from either end, cut each section diagonally in half (see photo, opposite). Stand asparagus rolls on end, 2 by 2 on platters, and drizzle each with 1 drop of truffle oil (if using). Serve warm.
CHICKEN ASPARAGUS PUFFS
A recipe from my entertaining favorites folder. These are so easy to make, just stuff the pastry, roll and bake. I could probably eat all of the puffs myself they are just that delicious. Perfect for entertaining or just for a weekend snack. The filling can be made in advance. You will just love these!
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 48 puffs
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a food processor, blend together the cooked chicken, mayonnaise, garlic, curry and seasoned salt until smooth, then season with black pepper to taste (this can be prepared in advance and refrigerated).
- Roll out puff pastry into a rectangle shape (10x14-in).
- Then lengthwise into three even strips of pastry.
- Spread chicken mixture along one side of each strip of pastry.
- Place asparagus spears lengthwise beside chicken mixture.
- Brush edges of pastry with egg.
- Roll pastry over to close completely.
- Brush top with egg.
- Cut rolls diagonally into 1-inch slices with a sharp knife.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 57.7, Fat 3.6, SaturatedFat 0.9, Cholesterol 7.5, Sodium 32.8, Carbohydrate 4.3, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 0.2, Protein 2
CHEF JOHN'S ASPARAGUS TART
As long as you're pretty good at making rectangles, and trimming things to the right length, this recipe is a breeze. By the way, I'll give the specific ingredient amounts I used here, but this really depends on how much asparagus you have, and how long you want your tart to be.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat.
- Lay puff pastry out on the prepared baking sheet. Fold edges up to create a 1/2-inch wide border. Prick inside base of dough completely with a fork.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden and puffed, about 10 minutes. Press puffed center down with the back of a fork to deflate.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add asparagus and cook uncovered until bright green, about 1 minute. Drain in a colander and immediately immerse in ice water for several minutes until cold to stop the cooking process. Drain.
- Stir mustard, creme fraiche, black pepper, and cayenne pepper together in a small bowl; spread into the bottom of the cooled tart shell. Lay asparagus spears, trimming as necessary to fit the tart shell, in the center of the tart on top of the mustard spread. Brush melted butter over the asparagus and crust and sprinkle Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese over the top.
- Bake in the oven until pastry is browned and asparagus is tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 795.4 calories, Carbohydrate 58.8 g, Cholesterol 40.5 mg, Fat 56.6 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 14.6 g, SaturatedFat 19.5 g, Sodium 869.3 mg, Sugar 3 g
ASPARAGUS, GOAT CHEESE AND TARRAGON TART
Because you don't have to make your own crust, this gorgeous asparagus-striped tart is so easy it almost feels like cheating. But it's not. It's just simple yet stunning, effortlessly chic and company-ready. As there are so few ingredients in this recipe that each one makes an impact, be sure to buy a good all-butter brand of puff pastry. If you can manage to serve this tart warm, within an hour of baking, it will be at its absolute best, with crisp pastry that shatters into buttery bits when you bite down and still-runny cheese. But it's also excellent a few hours later, should you want to get all your baking done before your guests arrive. If tarragon isn't your favorite herb, you can use chives, basil or mint instead. And if you can manage to trim all the asparagus to the same length, this tart will be especially neat and orderly looking.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories weekday, pies and tarts, appetizer
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. In a medium bowl, use a fork or a wooden spoon to mash together the goat cheese, egg, garlic, tarragon, lemon zest, salt and nutmeg until smooth. Switch to a whisk and beat in the crème fraîche until smooth.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out puff pastry into a 13-by-11-inch rectangle about 1/8-inch thick. Transfer the dough to a parchment-lined cookie sheet. With a sharp knife, lightly score a 1/2-inch border around the edges of the puff pastry.
- Spread the crème fraîche mixture evenly inside the scored border. Line up the asparagus spears on top, and brush them with olive oil. Sprinkle some salt and the grated Parmesan over the asparagus.
- Bake until the pastry is puffed and golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Let it cool on the cookie sheet for at least 15 minutes or up to 4 hours before serving. Then sprinkle black pepper, red-pepper flakes (if using), the shaved Parmesan and tarragon leaves. Drizzle a little oil on top.
CREAMY ASPARAGUS PUFFS
Pastry parcels with smoked ham, cream cheese and seasonal green veg. Serve with a crisp side salad
Provided by Angela Boggiano
Categories Lunch, Main course
Yield Makes 4
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and line a baking tray with parchment. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the pastry to a large square measuring about 30 x 30cm, then cut into 4 squares, each measuring 15 x 15cm.
- Spread a quarter of the cream cheese onto each square, leaving roughly 1cm space around the edges. Wrap a slice of ham around 4-5 asparagus spears. lay the bundle on top of the cream cheese, season, then brush the edges of the pastry with a little beaten egg.
- Loosely wrap two edges of the square to meet over the asparagus bundle, ensuring you have the top and bottom of the asparagus showing. Brush the pastry with beaten egg and place on the baking tray. Bake for 20-25 mins until the pastry is cooked, golden and puffed, and the asparagus is tender. Serve immediately with a crisp seasonal salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 567 calories, Fat 40 grams fat, SaturatedFat 11 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 37 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 3 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 16 grams protein, Sodium 1.2 milligram of sodium
More about "asparagus puff pastry recipes"
SPRING ASPARAGUS TARTS – PUFF PASTRY
Servings 6Total Time 1 hr 20 minsEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
10 BEST ASPARAGUS AND PUFF PASTRY APPETIZER RECIPES | …
EASY ASPARAGUS TART WITH PUFF PASTRY ~ COOKS WITH COCKTAILS
PUFF PASTRY PANCETTA ASPARAGUS QUICHE RECIPE - AN ITALIAN ...
PASTRY WRAPPED ASPARAGUS WITH BALSAMIC DIPPING SAUCE RECIPE
EASY ASPARAGUS TART - HUNGRY HEALTHY HAPPY
VALERIE BERTINELLI'S ASPARAGUS, HERB AND GOAT CHEESE TART
EASY ASPARAGUS TART (MADE WITH PUFF PASTRY!) | LITTLE ...
PUFF PASTRY ASPARAGUS BUNDLES - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
ASPARAGUS TART RECIPE | LAURA IN THE KITCHEN - INTERNET ...
CHEESY ASPARAGUS TART - JUST A TASTE
PROSCIUTTO & ASPARAGUS PASTRY PUFFS - PLAIN CHICKEN
BRIE & ASPARAGUS PUFF PASTRY BUNDLES ARE THE EASIEST ...
HAM AND CHEESE PUFFS WITH ASPARAGUS - VIKALINKA
ASPARAGUS TART - AHEAD OF THYME
RECIPE: BRIE, PROSCIUTTO AND ASPARAGUS PUFFS | WHOLE FOODS ...
THIS SAVORY ASPARAGUS TART IS A SPRING SHOWSTOPPER ...
PUFFY PASTRY WRAPPED ASPARAGUS ROLLS (+VIDEO) | LIL' LUNA
3-INGREDIENT ASPARAGUS TART - THE PIONEER WOMAN
ASPARAGUS TART RECIPE - TODAY.COM
BEST ASPARAGUS, TOMATO AND CHEESE TART RECIPE
10 BEST ASPARAGUS AND PUFF PASTRY APPETIZER RECIPES | YUMMLY
ASPARAGUS AND BRIE PUFF PASTRY WITH THYME HONEY. - HALF ...
PUFF PASTRY-WRAPPED ASPARAGUS - SPOON UNIVERSITY
ASPARAGUS, SUN-DRIED TOMATO PUFF PASTRY BITES
EASY ASPARAGUS TART WITH GOAT CHEESE RECIPE
ASPARAGUS & GRUYERE PUFF PASTRY TURNOVERS | CRATE & BARREL
SPRING ASPARAGUS TARTS - PEPPERIDGE FARM
ASPARAGUS & CHEESE PUFF PASTRIES RECIPE | WOOLWORTHS
BEST SPRING ASPARAGUS TART RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
RECIPE: HAM, ASPARAGUS, & GRUYèRE TART | KITCHN
PUFF PASTRY ASPARAGUS BUNDLES - LOVELY LITTLE KITCHEN
PROSCIUTTO ASPARAGUS SPIRALS - PEPPERIDGE FARM
ASPARAGUS AND PUFF PASTRY CIGARS RECIPE - BBC FOOD
PUFF PASTRY CHICKEN POT PIE WITH ASPARAGUS ... - FOODIECRUSH
You'll also love