ASPARAGUS GRUYERE TART
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a floured surface, roll the puff pastry into a 16-by-10-inch rectangle. Trim uneven edges. Place pastry on a baking sheet. With a sharp knife, lightly score pastry dough 1 inch in from the edges to mark a rectangle. Using a fork, pierce dough inside the markings at 1/2-inch intervals. Bake until golden, about 15 minutes.
- Remove pastry shell from oven, and sprinkle with Gruyere. Trim the bottoms of the asparagus spears to fit crosswise inside the tart shell; arrange in a single layer over Gruyere, alternating ends and tips. Brush with oil, and season with salt and pepper. Bake until spears are tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
CHEF JOHN'S ASPARAGUS TART
As long as you're pretty good at making rectangles, and trimming things to the right length, this recipe is a breeze. By the way, I'll give the specific ingredient amounts I used here, but this really depends on how much asparagus you have, and how long you want your tart to be.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat.
- Lay puff pastry out on the prepared baking sheet. Fold edges up to create a 1/2-inch wide border. Prick inside base of dough completely with a fork.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden and puffed, about 10 minutes. Press puffed center down with the back of a fork to deflate.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add asparagus and cook uncovered until bright green, about 1 minute. Drain in a colander and immediately immerse in ice water for several minutes until cold to stop the cooking process. Drain.
- Stir mustard, creme fraiche, black pepper, and cayenne pepper together in a small bowl; spread into the bottom of the cooled tart shell. Lay asparagus spears, trimming as necessary to fit the tart shell, in the center of the tart on top of the mustard spread. Brush melted butter over the asparagus and crust and sprinkle Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese over the top.
- Bake in the oven until pastry is browned and asparagus is tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 795.4 calories, Carbohydrate 58.8 g, Cholesterol 40.5 mg, Fat 56.6 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 14.6 g, SaturatedFat 19.5 g, Sodium 869.3 mg, Sugar 3 g
SPRING ASPARAGUS TART
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly flour the work surface and roll out the puff pastry to a 9- by 12-inch even rectangle. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Combine the mascarpone, 1 1/4 teaspoons of the salt, the flour, egg and lemon zest, and then fold in the chives and tarragon. Spread over the puff pastry, leaving a 3/4-inch border. Make small cuts around the border about 1 inch apart with the tip of a paring knife.
- Toss the asparagus with the olive oil in a bowl. Lay half of the asparagus in a neat row across the surface of the tart so the tips meet the edge. Do the same in the opposite direction with the remaining asparagus. Season with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and some pepper. Bake until the border of the tart is deep golden and puffed and the top is lightly spotted golden brown, about 25 minutes. Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes and serve.
- Serve with lightly dressed greens.
FONTINA ASPARAGUS TART
This lemony tart is loaded with fontina cheese and fresh asparagus. It's a snap to make but looks really impressive. Be advised...your guests will be vying for the last tasty slice. -Heidi Meek, Grand Rapids, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, bring 1 in. of water to a boil; add asparagus. Cook, covered, until crisp-tender, 3-5 minutes. Drain and pat dry., On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry sheet into a 16x12-in. rectangle. Transfer to a parchment-lined large baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes., Sprinkle 1-1/2 cups cheese over pastry to within 1/2-in. of edges. Place asparagus over top; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Mix remaining ingredients; drizzle over top. Bake until cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 142 calories, Fat 9g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 16mg cholesterol, Sodium 202mg sodium, Carbohydrate 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
ASPARAGUS & CHEESE TART
- Put the flour in a bowl, add the butter to the flour and rub in with your fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add the grated cheddar into the pastry and mix. Add 3 tbsp cold water and mix until the pastry forms a ball. Wrap in cling film and chill for 5 mins. Butter a 20 x 6cm deep loose-bottom tart tin, or a 35 x 12cm rectangular tart tin.
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Lightly dust the work surface with flour, roll out the pastry and line the tin. Chill in the freezer for 20 mins, then line the pastry case with baking paper, fill with beans and cook for 15 mins. Remove the beans and paper, then return the pastry case to the oven for 10 mins.
- Crack the eggs into a jug, whisk, then add the milk and whisk again. Sprinkle half the grated cheese over the pastry case, then add the asparagus, egg mix and remaining cheese (if using a rectangular tin, you may not need all the mixture, so add it gradually). Bake in the lower half of the oven for 30-35 mins or until the egg mix is set.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 329 calories, Fat 24 grams fat, SaturatedFat 12 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 16 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 2 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 14 grams protein, Sodium 1 milligram of sodium
From Canastota, New York, Mary Relyea shares this lovely tart. Its golden crust is filled with a delightfully light egg bake that includes asparagus spears and Gruyere cheese. Serve it as an impressive side dish or a meatless main course.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Cut 2 in. from the top of each asparagus spear; set tops aside. Cut stem ends into 3/4-in. pieces. In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add the 3/4-in. asparagus pieces; cover and boil for 3-4 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry. , On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry into a 13-in. circle. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom; trim edges. Place the blanched asparagus, 1/3 cup cheese and parsley in crust. , In a small bowl, combine the eggs, cream, salt, cayenne and nutmeg; pour into crust. Arrange asparagus tops over egg mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. , Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 233 calories, Fat 15g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 132mg cholesterol, Sodium 326mg sodium, Carbohydrate 16g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 8g protein.
ASPARAGUS AND CHEESE TART
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Fill a large bowl with ice water. Bring about 1 inch of water to a boil in a large skillet. Add the asparagus; cook until bright green and crisp-tender, 2 to 5 minutes, depending on the thickness of the asparagus. Drain and transfer to the ice water to stop the cooking; drain and pat dry. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roll out the puff pastry into a 10-by-16-inch rectangle on a floured surface. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet and prick all over with a fork. Bake until light golden brown, about 12 minutes. Let cool slightly on the baking sheet.
- Meanwhile, mix the fontina, comte, shallot, egg yolks, milk, nutmeg and a pinch each of salt and pepper in a bowl until combined. Spread the cheese mixture evenly over the puff pastry, leaving a 1-inch border on all sides. Toss the asparagus with the olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste. Arrange the asparagus on the tart and bake until the cheese mixture is slightly puffy, 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle with the lemon zest. Serve warm or at room temperature.
More about "asparagus tart recipes"
ASPARAGUS TART RECIPE | LAURA IN THE KITCHEN - INTERNET ...
- Roll out your puff pastry so it's about an inch bigger on all sides, then pierce the surface leaving a 1 inch border all around the edges without piercing, place on the prepared baking sheet and set aside.
- In a bowl, add the cheese and mix with a couple tbsp of cream (or a touch more if needed) to get it nice and creamy, add the parm (just a few Tbsp) then spread on your prepared puff pastry (leaving the border empty) lay your asparagus over the top, drizzle with some oil, salt and pepper, brush the edges of the pastry with the egg wash and bake for about 20 minutes or until deeply golden brown, cool on a wire rack and serve!
ASPARAGUS TART RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hrCategory EntreesCalories 1040 per serving
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Have a bowl of ice water ready. Plunge the spears into the water just until very bright green to blanch them and then, using tongs or a slotted spoon, let them slide into the ice water. Do the same with the spinach, if using.
- Meanwhile, brush a 9-by-13-inch baking pan or a 14-inch rectangular tart pan with a little melted butter and line it with a sheet of phyllo pastry, pressing the phyllo against the side of the pan and allowing the excess to hang over the edge of the pan. Brush the top of this sheet with more butter and top it with another sheet of phyllo. Repeat until all the phyllo is used. Trim the edges of the phyllo flush with the top of the tart pan, tucking the phyllo into the corners of the pan and up the sides.
- Drain the asparagus spears and spinach, if using, and pat them completely dry. If using spinach: Arrange a layer of spinach on the phyllo. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Add the Gruyère, a second layer of spinach, and season again. Beat the eggs, cream, and nutmeg in a pitcher or bowl, then pour the mixture over the tart. Arrange the spears in a row on the tart. Brush the exposed pastry edges with a little butter. Cut a piece of parchment or foil that covers the inside of the asparagus tart but leaves the phyllo edge uncovered. If not using spinach: Sprinkle the Gruyère over the phyllo. Beat the eggs, cream, and nutmeg in a pitcher or bowl, then pour the mixture over the tart. Arrange the spears in a row on the tart. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Brush the exposed pastry edges with a little butter. Cut a piece of parchment or foil that covers the inside of the asparagus tart but leaves the phyllo edge uncovered.
3-INGREDIENT ASPARAGUS TART - THE PIONEER WOMAN
Servings 6Estimated Reading Time 3 minsCategory Appetizers, Breakfast, Main DishTotal Time 40 mins
- Place the sheet in the oven and bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown puffy.When you remove the sheet, the pastry will be super puffy.
CHEESY PUFF PASTRY ASPARAGUS TART - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
4.1/5 (37)Total Time 30 minsCategory Brunch, Lunch, Starter, VegetarianCalories 340 per serving
- To make the cheese mixture, combine the cream cheese, egg yolks, Parmesan, thyme, lemon zest, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Gently roll the puff pastry out into a large rectangle (to fit the baking sheet). Score a border around the edge (taking care not to cut all the way through the pastry).
- Spread the cream cheese mixture onto the puff pastry, staying within the borders then top with the asparagus and season with salt and pepper.. Brush the edges of the pastry with beaten egg.
EASY ASPARAGUS TART (MADE WITH PUFF PASTRY!) | LITTLE ...
Ratings 1Calories 261 per servingCategory Appetizer
- To make the cream mixture, in a bowl combine the cream cheese with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Give it a quick mix so that everything is well combined.
- Unfold the thawed puff pastry on a lightly floured surface and roll into a 10 inch x 14-inch rectangle. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet, then using a sharp knife score the edges leaving a 1-inch border. Then using a fork, prick the puff pastry sheet.
ASPARAGUS TART - FOOD24
Cuisine BakeCategory BakeServings 6Total Time 1 hr 10 mins
ASPARAGUS AND CHEESE TART | RECIPES | DELIA ONLINE
Cuisine GeneralEstimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 6
EASY ASPARAGUS TART WITH PUFF PASTRY ~ COOKS WITH COCKTAILS
4.7/5 (6)Total Time 30 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 466 per serving
- If you don't have pre-rolled puff pastry sheets, roll out the puff pastry into a rectangle shape on a piece of parchment paper. You want it to be about 10" x 14", but its really not a big deal whatever size it turns out to be. If you have pre-rolled sheets, just unroll and move on.
- With a sharp knife, score the pastry about 1/2 an inch around the edges. This allows the edges to rise nicely around the tart.
- Spread the sundried tomato pesto all over it and then sprinkle with a little of the cheese. Lay the asparagus down across the tart. Then sprinkle the peas and the tomato halves over top.
ASPARAGUS TART RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
3.5/5 (23)Total Time 35 minsServings 4Calories 503 per serving
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Roll out the pastry into a 10-by-18-inch rectangle. Leaving a 1-inch border, prick the surface of the pastry all over with a fork. Bake about 15 minutes or until golden, then remove from oven.
- Spread the cheese over the pastry. Lay the asparagus on top of the cheese. Brush with the oil and sprinkle with the zest, salt, and pepper. Bake an additional 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool before serving.
ASPARAGUS TART RECIPE - TODAY.COM
4.2/5 (48)Category Breakfast,Brunch
- 2. Roll out your puff pastry so it's about an inch bigger on all sides, then pierce the surface, leaving a 1-inch border all around the edges without piercing; place on the prepared baking sheet and set aside.
- 3. In a bowl, add the spreadable cheese and mix with a couple tablespoons of cream (or a touch more, if needed) to get it nice and creamy. Add the Parmesan and spread it on your prepared puff pastry, leaving the border empty. Lay your asparagus over the top, drizzle with some oil, add salt and pepper and brush the edges of the pastry with the egg wash.
EASY ASPARAGUS TART - HUNGRY HEALTHY HAPPY
4.8/5 (12)Calories 427 per servingCategory Lunch
- Unroll the puff pastry and put it on to a baking tray lined with baking paper. Score a 1 inch edge round the pastry to make a boarder (this will make a nice crust) and then use a fork to prick the pastry inside the boarder (this prevents the base from puffing up when it is baking).
- Spread the cream cheese on the pastry (don't go over the boarder) and the sprinkle the parmesan on top.
ASPARAGUS TART RECIPE - EMILIA AUGUSTA MAGALHáES | FOOD & WINE
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour with the salt. Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Add the egg and water and mix with a fork until a dough forms. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and pat it into a disk. Wrap the dough in plastic and refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour or overnight.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to a 13-inch round. Fold the dough in half and carefully transfer it to an 11-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Unfold the dough and gently press it into the pan without stretching. Trim the overhang. Wrap the tart shell in plastic and refrigerate it until firm, about 1 hour, or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line the tart shell with foil and fill with pie weights, dried beans or rice. Bake the shell for about 1 hour, or until lightly browned around the edge. Remove the pie weights and foil and bake the shell for 10 minutes, or until evenly browned and cooked through. Transfer to a rack to cool. Leave the oven on.
- In a medium saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the asparagus until tender, about 4 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Drain again and pat dry with paper towels. Arrange the asparagus in the tart shell with all the spears facing the same direction; trim them to fit if necessary.
ASPARAGUS TART RECIPE | BREAKFAST RECIPES | PBS FOOD
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
BRITISH ASPARAGUS AND WESTCOMBE CHEDDAR TART | JAMIE OLIVER
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
ASPARAGUS AND LEEK TART RECIPE | THEHUB FROM WALMART CANADA
Servings 4Total Time 1 minCategory All Recipes
MEDITERRANEAN ASPARAGUS TART RECIPE - CHATELAINE.COM
4.1/5 (7)Calories 148 per servingServings 10-12
ASPARAGUS TART | HEART HEALTHY RECIPE - HEART FOUNDATION
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT ASPARAGUS TART | FOOD | THE GUARDIAN
2 CHEESE ASPARAGUS TART RECIPE | EASY ASPARAGUS TART ...
ASPARAGUS TART - 7 RECIPES | WOOLWORTHS
CACIO E PEPE ROASTED ASPARAGUS RECIPE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make the perfect asparagus tart?How to make the perfect asparagus tart. Gently roll out a sheet of thawed puff pastry then score around the edge to create a border. Mix cream cheese, egg yolks, Parmesan cheese and seasoning and spread onto the puff pastry. Lay fresh asparagus on top of the cream cheese mixture then season with salt and pepper.
How to bake asparagus pastry with cream cheese?Lay fresh asparagus on top of the cream cheese mixture then season with salt and pepper. Brush the border of pastry with beaten egg and place in a hot oven to bake until the pastry is golden and crisp.
How to bake asparagus puff pastry?Mix cream cheese, egg yolks, Parmesan cheese and seasoning and spread onto the puff pastry. Lay fresh asparagus on top of the cream cheese mixture then season with salt and pepper. Brush the border of pastry with beaten egg and place in a hot oven to bake until the pastry is golden and crisp.
What is the best way to cook asparagus?Place the blanched asparagus, 1/3 cup cheese and parsley in crust. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, cream, salt, cayenne and nutmeg; pour into crust. Arrange asparagus tops over egg mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.