BEER-BATTERED ASPARAGUS WITH GARLIC AIOLI
- In shallow pan, soak asparagus in buttermilk 12 to 24 hours. Remove from buttermilk, but do not rinse.
- In a large bowl, combine well the egg yolks, beer, flour, cornmeal, salt, cayenne pepper and black pepper. In large deep sided pot, heat oil to 350 degrees F. Meanwhile, in a large clean bowl with an electric mixer, beat egg whites to stiff peaks. Gently fold beaten egg whites into batter mixture. Dip spears, 1 at a time into batter, then carefully lay in oil. Do not overcrowd pan. Fry in batches, if necessary. Fry for 2 to 3 minutes, turning the spears with tongs to ensure even cooking. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Sprinkle with sea salt, to taste. Serve immediately with Aioli.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients well. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
CRISPY GARLIC ASPARAGUS RECIPE
Garlic Asparagus is an easy side dish for any meal. This CRISPY garlic roasted asparagus recipe is both healthy and flavorful. Baked with panko breadcrumbs, garlic, cheese, and olive oil, this is a dish everyone is sure to love. If that's not enough, our garlic parmesan asparagus is topped off with homemade garlic aioli!
Provided by Becky Hardin - The Cookie Rookie
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment or aluminum foil. Spray the parchment or foil with cooking spray.
- Place all ingredients except the asparagus in a resealable plastic zipper bag and shake to mix.
- Add the asparagus and massage the ingredients to evenly coat the asparagus spears.
- Empty the bag onto the prepared baking sheet and separate the asparagus out so the spears are not touching one another.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until the asparagus is tender and the panko is golden brown.
- Serve with Roasted Garlic Aioli and...
Nutrition Facts : Calories 85 kcal, Carbohydrate 8 g, Protein 4 g, Fat 4 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Cholesterol 1 mg, Sodium 369 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 2 g, ServingSize 1 serving
ASPARAGUS WITH ROASTED-GARLIC AïOLI
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut off and discard tops of garlic heads to expose cloves, then brush each head with 1/2 tablespoon oil. Wrap heads together in foil and bake until tender, about 45 minutes. Cool to warm.
- Squeeze garlic from skins into a food processor and purée with mayonnaise, vinegar, pepper, and salt. Transfer aioli to a bowl and stir in chives.
- Peel lower two thirds of each asparagus stalk with a vegetable peeler. Cook asparagus in a wide 6- to 8-quart pot of boiling salted water, uncovered, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well in a colander and rinse under cold water until asparagus is cool. Drain and pat dry with paper towels. Serve asparagus with roasted-garlic aioli.
ASPARAGUS WITH GARLIC DIP
- Trim 3 bunches asparagus; peel the bottoms. Boil until tender, 4 to 5 minutes; drain and cool. Peel the cloves from 4 heads garlic and cook in 1/2 cup olive oil over low heat until soft, 30 minutes. Drain, reserving the oil. Puree the garlic with 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 teaspoon mayonnaise, 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, 1 teaspoon dijon mustard and 1/4 cup water. Blend in 1/4 cup of the garlic oil. Season with salt, pepper and chopped chives; serve with the asparagus.
ASPARAGUS WITH TOASTED SESAME AIOLI
Here's a great appetizer for springtime entertaining. The bold, toasty sesame oil adds depth to the classic garlic-lemon sauce. Arrange the crisp-tender asparagus spears, tips up, in a tall, clear glass, with the sesame sauce nearby, served in a radicchio leaf cup to add color. The asparagus can be cooked up to 1 day in advance. The sauce will keep for up to 1 week in a covered container in the refrigerator. Bring both to room temperature for serving.
Provided by CookingONTheSide
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Steam the asparagus in a covered steamer over boiling water until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
- Or, put the asparagus in a microwave-proof dish; add about 2 tablespoons water.
- Cover tightly and microwave on high for about 3 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
- Drain well.
- Rinse with cold water and drain again.
- Meanwhile, make the aioli:.
- Stir together all the aioli ingredients in a small bowl until smooth.
- To serve, arrange the asparagus spears in a tall, clear glass container. Spoon the sauce into a radicchio leaf or small dish, garnish with sesame seeds, and place nearby for dipping.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 111, Fat 9, SaturatedFat 1.3, Cholesterol 3.8, Sodium 280.7, Carbohydrate 7, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 1.8, Protein 2.1
KETO BACON-WRAPPED ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON AIOLI
- Combine mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, and garlic salt in a bowl and mix well. Refrigerate lemon aioli until ready to use.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Divide asparagus stalks into groups of 3 to 5 stalks, depending on the thickness of the asparagus. Wrap each asparagus bundle tightly with 1 piece of bacon, overlapping slightly as you wrap and tucking the ends under the bacon so it holds securely.
- Place asparagus bundles in a single layer on a piece of aluminum foil. Spray bundles lightly with olive oil spray and top the bacon with cracked pepper.
- Grill asparagus bundles on the foil for 10 minutes. Flip each bundle and grill until bacon is cooked through and crisp, an additional 10 minutes. Serve with lemon aioli.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 358.6 calories, Carbohydrate 5.7 g, Cholesterol 32.8 mg, Fat 34.1 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 9.2 g, SaturatedFat 6.5 g, Sodium 730.1 mg, Sugar 2.1 g
PAN-SEARED ASPARAGUS WITH CRISPY GARLIC
Before asparagus got moved to its own botanical family, Asparagaceae, in the early 2000s, it was part of the lily family along with onions, chives, shallots and garlic. It makes sense then, that asparagus and garlic make such a good duo. When cooked with care, both can be mild and sweet (or pungent and bitter when cooked carelessly). To highlight the best of both ingredients, gently fry garlic into chips for a crispy topping, then use the lightly infused oil to sauté the asparagus. Both thin and chubby spears work, as would nearly any other vegetable you like with garlic: broccoli, kale, snap peas, fennel and more.
Provided by Ali Slagle
Categories vegetables, side dish
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Place a paper towel-lined plate next to the stove. In a medium or large skillet, combine the garlic and olive oil over medium-low heat. Cook, shaking the skillet often, until the garlic is very light golden, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat, tilt it, then use a slotted spoon to transfer the garlic to the towel-lined plate, leaving the remaining oil in the skillet. Season the crispy garlic with salt.
- Return the skillet to medium-high heat. Add the asparagus, season with salt and pepper, and cook, shaking often, until bright green, crisp-tender and browned in spots, 4 to 5 minutes. Slide onto a platter, including any oil in the skillet. Top with the garlic chips and season again with salt and pepper.
PAN-SEARED HAKE AND ASPARAGUS WITH AIOLI
In this light, flavorful weeknight meal, mild hake fillets are pan-fried in butter with plenty of sweet scallions, and served with crisp green asparagus cooked in the same pan. Then, everything is drizzled with a thin, garlicky aioli, which acts as a pungent sauce. If you can get green garlic (often in season at the same time as asparagus), use it in the aioli. It gives a more rounded, gentle flavor, but regular garlic works nicely, too, packing more of a punch. If you can't get hake, this dish will work with cod, flounder, black fish and the like. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time, adding or subtracting a minute or two if the fillets are thicker or thinner.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories seafood, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Make the aioli: Combine garlic, lemon juice and salt in a blender or food processor, and let sit a minute or two. Add egg and yolk, and blend until combined. With the blender running, slowly add oil in a thin, steady stream. You're looking for an emulsified mixture, but it will be on the thin, saucelike side. Taste for seasoning, and add more salt and lemon juice, if needed. Stir in tarragon.
- Prepare the hake: Season hake with 3/4 teaspoon salt, pepper and paprika. Let sit while you cook the asparagus.
- Make the asparagus: Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a 12-inch skillet over high heat. Stir in asparagus and a pinch of salt, and let cook without moving for 2 minutes to brown slightly. Add a tablespoon of water, cover and cook, shaking pan occasionally, until just tender, 2 to 5 minutes longer depending on thickness of stalks. Transfer to a plate and loosely tent with foil to keep warm.
- Return skillet to medium heat, and melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Place hake in an even layer in skillet, then scatter in scallions. Cover and cook until golden, 3 to 4 minutes, then flip and cook uncovered about another 3 to 4 minutes, until hake is cooked through and lightly browned on both sides. Transfer hake and scallions to serving plates, and immediately drizzle with aioli to taste. Serve with asparagus.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 671, UnsaturatedFat 39 grams, Carbohydrate 8 grams, Fat 56 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 37 grams, SaturatedFat 14 grams, Sodium 545 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams, TransFat 0 grams
PROSCIUTTO WRAPPED ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON AIOLI
Barbecue the asparagus and make the dip the day before, then assemble in the morning and chill. Because prosciutto is so fragil, order a couple extra slices just to make sure that there is enough to cover each spear
Provided by Abby Girl
Yield 1/4 cup dip, 18 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 400 or preheat barbecue to medium high.
- Cut asparagus into 5" pieces, discarding tough ends. Place on a baking sheet, toss with olive oil, then sprinkle with salt. Roast until just tender, 3 - 4 minutes.
- Cut the procsiutto into 3 pieces. Coil a strip of prosciutto around each spear. Tie with 1 chive, if you wish. Trim chive.
- Stir mayonnaise with garlic, lemon peel, juice and cayenne. If you have used chives, finely chop about 1 T and stir into the mayo.
- Makes 18 spears.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 28.7, Fat 1.5, SaturatedFat 0.2, Cholesterol 0.8, Sodium 31.7, Carbohydrate 3.4, Fiber 1.2, Sugar 1, Protein 1.5
ASPARAGUS FRIES WITH GARLIC AIOLI
A healthier alternative to conventional french fries, these asparagus fries are baked and offer more fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a small bowl, add the flaxseed meal and water and with a spoon, stir until combined. Let it sit until thickened, about 3-5 minutes. In the meantime, combine the aioli ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- On a flat plate, combine the panko breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper.
- Dip each asparagus spear in the vegan egg mixture until thoroughly coated, then dip in the breadcrumbs, pressing to secure them to the asparagus. Transfer the asparagus to the prepared baking sheet. Repeat the breading process with the remaining asparagus, spacing spears about 1 inch apart on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes. To finish the fries, set the broiler to high and broil the asparagus for 2-3 minutes, turning once on each side until golden brown and crispy. Remove asparagus fries from oven and serve immediately with the prepared garlic aioli.
More about "asparagus with garlic aioli recipes"
ASPARAGUS SPEARS WITH GARLIC AïOLI RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (3)Total Time 16 minsServings 4Calories 51 per serving
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus; remove scales from stalks with a vegetable peeler, if desired.
- Place asparagus spears in a large skillet; add water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Plunge asparagus into cold water to stop the cooking process; drain. Place asparagus on a serving platter; spoon yogurt mixture over asparagus. Sprinkle with paprika.
CRISPY ASPARAGUS WITH ROASTED GARLIC AIOLI | BLUE RHINO
Cuisine VegetablesCategory VegetablesServings 4
OVEN-ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH ORANGE-TARRAGON AIOLI RECIPE
OVEN FRIES WITH GARLIC AIOLI RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
ASPARAGUS WITH SAFFRON AIOLI | WILLIAMS SONOMA
GRILLED ASPARAGUS WITH ASPARAGUS–BOTTOM AïOLI RECIPE | JAMES …
FRENCH IN A FLASH: CHILLED ASPARAGUS MéLANGE WITH FINES HERBES …
GARLIC AIOLI RECIPE - THE COOKIE ROOKIE® (VIDEO!!!)
PANKO BAKED ASPARAGUS WITH GARLIC CHIVE AIOLI | RECIPE
BACON WRAPPED ASPARAGUS WITH GARLIC AIOLI - RULED ME
ASPARAGUS SPEARS WITH LEMON-GARLIC AIOLI - FOR THE LOVE OF COOKING
ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON AïOLI RECIPE | MYRECIPES
GRILLED ASPARAGUS RECIPE (W/ PARMESAN & GARLIC) - THE …
GRILLED ASPARAGUS WITH ASPARAGUS–BOTTOM AïOLI RECIPE | JAMES …
RECIPE: ASPARAGUS WITH SPICY AIOLI - SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE
BAKED ASPARAGUS FRIES WITH GARLIC AIOLI SAUCE - DAILY DISH RECIPES
TWO-MINUTE AIOLI RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
ASPARAGUS WITH AIOLI - VEGETABLES
ASPARAGUS WITH POACHED EGGS AND GARLIC AIOLI | CANADIAN LIVING
GRILLED ASPARAGUS AND GARLIC AIOLI - TESSA THE DOMESTIC DIVA
ASPARAGUS FRIES WITH SMOKED PAPRIKA AïOLI - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
ASPARAGUS WITH AIOLI - WAITROSE
BACON WRAPPED ASPARAGUS WITH GARLIC AIOLI - 40 APRONS
ASPARAGUS FRIES WITH VEGAN LEMON GARLIC AIOLI! | JILLIAN HARRIS
SESAME ASPARAGUS WITH SOY-GARLIC AIOLI SAUCE - FOR THE LOVE OF …
GRILLED ASPARAGUS WITH AVOCADO AIOLI RECIPE FROM H-E-B
GRILLED ASPARAGUS WITH TANGERINE AIOLI | COOKSTR.COM
ASPARAGUS WITH ROASTED GARLIC AIOLI RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
BAKED ASPARAGUS FRIES WITH ROASTED GARLIC AIOLI - JUST A TASTE
WHITE ASPARAGUS RECIPE WITH GRANA PADANO AIOLI - GREAT BRITISH …
BACON-WRAPPED ASPARAGUS WITH GARLIC AIOLI - PALEO RECIPES
BEER BATTERED ASPARAGUS WITH GARLIC AIOLI - FOOD NETWORK
BACON WRAPPED ASPARAGUS WITH GARLIC AIOLI | RULED ME
ASPARAGUS TEMPURA WITH LEMON POPPY AïOLI - FOOD CHANNEL
FRESH ASPARAGUS WITH PARSLEY AIOLI RECIPE -SUNSET MAGAZINE
BAKED ASPARAGUS FRIES WITH LEMON GARLIC AIOLI - SIMPLY SCRATCH
You'll also love