ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON SAUCE
We didn't have an oven or stove in our first years of marriage, so we relied heavily on our microwave. This side of asparagus in a creamy lemon sauce was always a favorite. Garnished with fresh lemon wedges, it's a pretty addition to any menu. -Janice Gerbitz, Woodland, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place asparagus and water chestnuts in a shallow microwave-safe dish; add 1/2 in. of water. Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender; drain and keep warm. , In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the cream cheese, water, milk and lemon zest. Cover and microwave on high for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Pour over asparagus mixture; sprinkle with almonds.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 115 calories, Fat 6g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 17mg cholesterol, Sodium 53mg sodium, Carbohydrate 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Coat asparagus with vegetable and arrange on a baking sheet. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Roast in preheated oven until lightly browned at the tips, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine lemon juice, butter, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon black pepper in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in on high in microwave until butter is completely melted, about 1 minute; stir to combine. Pour butter mixture over roasted asparagus and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 117.9 calories, Carbohydrate 7.4 g, Cholesterol 7.6 mg, Fat 9.9 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 2.7 g, SaturatedFat 2.8 g, Sodium 604.6 mg, Sugar 2.8 g
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON VINAIGRETTE
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl toss the asparagus in the olive oil, and liberally season with salt and pepper. Spread the stalks out on a baking sheet, in a single layer, and roast until tender but still firm and moist, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the vinaigrette: In a small bowl, vigorously whisk together the mustard and lemon juice. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking quickly to emulsify the olive oil into the juice mixture. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Transfer the asparagus to a serving platter, toss with the vinaigrette and serve. The dish may be eaten warm or cold.
STEAMED ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON BUTTER
- Wash asparagus and trim off bottom of stems by about 2 inches. In a large skillet, bring about 1/2 inch of water to a rapid boil. Season the water with salt and add the asparagus. Cook the asparagus for 2-3 minutes or until bright green and just tender. Drain the asparagus and add butter to the skillet. Stir in the zest and juice. Return the drained asparagus to the skillet and toss to coat. Serve immediately
PASTA WITH ASPARAGUS AND LEMON SAUCE
- Zest and juice 1 1/2 lemons. Cut remaining lemon half into wedges and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add penne and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of cooking water.
- While penne is cooking, melt 2 tablespoons butter in a pot over medium heat and cook asparagus until softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and remove from pot.
- Add remaining 3 tablespoons butter and heat until a pinch of flour sprinkled into the pot will just begin to bubble. Whisk in flour to form a thick paste the consistency of cake frosting. Continue cooking, whisking constantly, for about 5 minutes. Whisk in cream and vegetable broth and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir lemon juice, lemon zest, and parsley into the sauce; season with salt, pepper, and sugar. Add asparagus and heat through, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and penne to the sauce and pour in some of the reserved cooking water. Serve with shaved Parmesan and lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 810.8 calories, Carbohydrate 103.8 g, Cholesterol 108.1 mg, Fat 37.2 g, Fiber 10.5 g, Protein 24.8 g, SaturatedFat 21.8 g, Sodium 512 mg, Sugar 9 g
SAUTEED ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium. Add asparagus, and season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally, until lightly browned and crisp-tender, 10 to 15 minutes, depending on thickness. Add lemon zest and cook 1 minute. Add lemon juice, toss to coat, and serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 91 g, Fat 4 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 5 g
Clarice Scheeringa of Ripon, California shares this dressed-up asparagus. "I live in the heart of asparagus country, so I'm always on the look out for new ways to serve it," she explains. "Lemon and a touch of tarragon make it a quick elegant side dish."
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 4-6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place asparagus and water in a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Add butter, lemon juice and tarragon; toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 43 calories, Fat 4g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 10mg cholesterol, Sodium 43mg sodium, Carbohydrate 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
ASPARAGUS WITH PARMESAN LEMON SAUCE
Quick and delicious accompanyment to any meal. The lemon pepper and cheese really compliment the fresh taste of asparagus.
Provided by Childrens Minister
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Wash Asparagus under running water to remove any residue.
- Cut half inch off the bottom of each asparagus stalk.
- Bring One quart salted water to a rapid, rolling boil.
- While water is coming to boil, melt butter in medim size bowl in microwave.
- Drop Asparagus in boiling water.
- Watch close, boil Asparagus only about 3-5 minutes.
- Asparagus will become a very vibrant green.
- Pull Asparagus out of water and place in bowl containing butter.
- Season with salt, lemon pepper, and sprinkle with couple tablespoons of cheese.
- Toss to coat the asparagus with butter and seasonings.
- Plate asparagus, or place in serving bowl and top with remaining parmesan cheese (or to taste or visual appeal).
ASPARAGUS IN LEMON BUTTER SAUCE
- Fill large skillet with a 1/4 inch of water, chop the ends off of the aspargus and add into the skillet. Cover, and put on medium heat.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small saucepan. add lemon juice and stir until well mixed. Remove from heat.
- When the asparagus is tender, remove from heat and drain off the water. Server with the lemon butter sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 69.1, Fat 5.9, SaturatedFat 3.7, Cholesterol 15.3, Sodium 52.1, Carbohydrate 3.5, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 1.1, Protein 2
ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON BUTTER
- Bring 2 inches salted water to a boil in a wide (10-inch) saucepan or skillet.
- Place asparagus in saucepan; cook until just tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Drain well in a colander.
- Return asparagus to pan; toss with butter, lemon zest, and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 60 g, Fat 3 g, Protein 4 g
ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON-HERB SAUCE
- Bring broth to boil in large pot. Add asparagus; cook until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Using tongs, transfer asparagus to large bowl of ice water. Reserve 1 cup broth in small bowl. Drain asparagus; pat dry. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Wrap asparagus in paper towels. Seal in plastic bag. Cover broth. Chill asparagus and broth.)
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1 cup green onions, shallots and sugar. Sauté until onions and shallots are tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in reserved 1 cup broth, 1 tablespoon oil, mustard, lemon juice, thyme and lemon peel. Simmer until slightly thickened and liquid is reduced to 1 1/4 cups, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Cool to room temperature.
- Arrange asparagus on platter. Spoon sauce over. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup green onions and bell peppers.
GRILLED ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON DRESSING
Although steamed asparagus has an unmatched purity of taste, I love the earthy, charred flavor added by the grill, a flavor that can also be achieved with stove-top pan grilling, which combines high heat and a dry, heavy skillet.
Provided by Mark Bittman
Categories side dish
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Snap off the woody ends of the asparagus; most spears will break an inch or two from the bottom. Peel the stalks up to the flower bud. Meanwhile, start a charcoal fire or heat a gas grill; if you're cooking indoors, heat a cast-iron or other heavy skillet over medium-high heat until it smokes.
- To grill the asparagus spears, toss them with about a tablespoon of oil, mixing with your hands until spears are coated. Season well with salt and pepper. Grill until tender and browned in spots, turning once or twice, in all 5 to 10 minutes.
- To pan grill the asparagus, do not oil or season them. Just toss them in the hot skillet, and cook, turning the spears individually as they brown, until tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove as they finish, and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix together the lemon juice and shallots, then stir in enough olive oil to add a little body and take the edge off the sharpness of the lemon; the mixture should still be strong. Season it well with salt and plenty of black pepper, and stir in the parsley. Serve the asparagus hot or at room temperature with grilled fish. Spoon the sauce over everything.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 119, UnsaturatedFat 6 grams, Carbohydrate 13 grams, Fat 7 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 5 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 600 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams
PASTA WITH ASPARAGUS-LEMON SAUCE
- Cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces, reserving tips separately. Cook asparagus stems in 5 to 6 quarts boiling water with 2 tablespoons salt until very tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a colander, reserving cooking water in pot, and rinse under cold water. Drain asparagus well and transfer to a food processor or blender.
- Cook asparagus tips in same boiling water until just tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer with slotted spoon to colander, reserving boiling water in pot, and rinse under cold water. Drain tips well.
- Purée asparagus stems with zest, oil, and 1/2 cup asparagus cooking water. Transfer sauce to a 4-quart saucepan.
- Cook pasta in boiling asparagus cooking water until it still offers considerable resistance to the tooth, around three fourths of the recommended cooking time. Reserve 2 cups cooking water and drain pasta.
- Add pasta, asparagus tips, and 1/2 cup reserved water to asparagus sauce and cook over high heat, stirring, 3 to 5 minutes, or until pasta is almost al dente and sauce coats pasta. Add more cooking water, 1/4 cup at a time, until sauce coats pasta but is a little loose (the cheese will thicken it slightly).
- Stir in Parmigiano-Reggiano and salt and pepper to taste and cook, stirring, until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
CHICKEN-WRAPPED ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON-CAPER SAUCE
- For the chicken, place 1 piece of chicken between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Use a meat pounder or the bottom of a heavy pan to pound the chicken into an 1/8-inch thick paillard. Repeat with the remaining chicken. Season the chicken and asparagus with salt and pepper.
- Place 1 paillard on a work surface and place 4 asparagus spears across the chicken about 1/3 of the way up. Roll up the chicken, encasing the asparagus. Repeat with remaining chicken and asparagus.
- Combine the water and lemon juice in a large pot with a steamer insert. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Place the chicken rolls in the insert and steam until chicken is cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the sauce, melt the butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots and garlic and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the lemon rind, chicken broth and lemon juice and simmer until reduced by half, about 4 minutes. Stir in the capers, parsley, salt and pepper. Place 1 chicken roll on each of 4 plates. Spoon the sauce over the top and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 231, UnsaturatedFat 2 grams, Carbohydrate 12 grams, Fat 5 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 34 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 1074 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "asparagus with lemon sauce recipes"
ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON SAUCE - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
3/5 (12)Total Time 45 minsServings 2.5Calories 157 per serving
- For lemon sauce, finely shred 1 teaspoon peel from lemon and juice lemon to get 5 teaspoons; set peel and juice aside. In a large heatproof bowl whisk together egg yolks and the 1/2 cup cold water until light and mixture expands four times in size (about 5 minutes). Place bowl over a large saucepan of simmering water (bowl should not touch water) and continue to whisk for 4 minutes. With bowl still over simmering water, use a rubber spatula to scrape sides of bowl and fold mixture until eggs reach 160°F. Remove from heat. Gradually whisk in butter, lemon juice, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot cook asparagus in boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. Transfer asparagus to a large bowl of ice water to cool. Drain. Serve with lemon sauce. Top with lemon peel and chive blossoms.
ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON SAUCE - UROLOGY CARE FOUNDATION
ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON SAUCE - NHLBI DELICIOUSLY HEALTHY EATING …
calories 39Saturated fat 0 gCholesterol 0 mgTotal fat 0 g
SALMON WITH ROASTED ASPARAGUS AND LEMON-CAPER SAUCE RECIPE
SAUTéED ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON BUTTER SAUCE RECIPE BY MARYSE …
ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON-HERB SAUCE - BIGOVEN.COM
ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON SAUCE | DIABETIC RECIPE - DIABETIC …
PASTA WITH ASPARAGUS AND CREAMY LEMON SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
VEGGIE: ASPARAGUS WITH DIJON-LEMON SAUCE - BIGOVEN.COM
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH GARLIC LEMON SAUCE RECIPE
SALMON & ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON-GARLIC BUTTER SAUCE RECIPE
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH CREAMY LEMON DRESSING - THE MOM 100
ASPARAGUS WITH CREAMY LEMON SAUCE | CANADIAN LIVING
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON - WILLIAMS SONOMA
ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON SAUCE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON, BUTTER AND PARMESAN
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH GARLIC-LEMON SAUCE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
ASPARAGUS PAKORAS WITH LEMONY YOGURT SAUCE RECIPE
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH DIJON-LEMON SAUCE RECIPE
ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON SAUCE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
ASPARAGUS SPEARS WITH LEMON DIPPING SAUCE | CANADIAN LIVING
OVEN ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON DILL SAUCE - HOW TO ROAST …
ZOODLES AND ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON CREAM SAUCE RECIPE BY JACQUI …
ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON BUTTER SAUCE RECIPE | EASY …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How much lemon sauce do you put on asparagus?Place asparagus spears in a serving bowl. Drizzle the lemon sauce evenly over the asparagus (about 1½ teaspoons per portion) and serve. Have a story to share?
What is the best way to cook salmon and asparagus?Heat butter, oil, garlic, lemon zest and lemon juice in a small skillet over medium heat until the butter is melted. Drizzle the butter mixture over the salmon and asparagus.
How do you cook raw asparagus?Place asparagus in saucepan; cook until just tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Drain well in a colander. Return asparagus to pan; toss with butter, lemon zest, and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately. To trim asparagus, snap off the tough ends with your hands; the stalks will automatically break at the tender part.
What is the best sauce to serve with asparagus?Lemon sauce makes fresh asparagus the perfect side dish for fish, scallops, chicken, or meat dishes 20 medium asparagus spears, rinsed and trimmed 1 fresh lemon, rinsed (for peel and juice) 2 Tbsp reduced-fat mayonnaise