ROASTED OYSTERS WITH LEEKS AND BACON
Provided by Three Many Cooks
Yield Makes 2 dozen
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Clip the leeks' dark outer leaves with scissors. Remove root ends, quarter leeks lengthwise, then cut into medium dice. Soak leeks in 2 charges of water to remove grit; drain well.
- Fry bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, about 7 minutes; drain, chop fine, and set aside. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the drippings; reserve 1 tablespoon of the remaining drippings. Add leek; sauté, seasoning with salt and pepper, until tender, 6 to 7 minutes. Add cream; continue to cook until thickened slightly, a few minutes.Stir in cheese.
- When ready to serve, adjust oven rack to upper middle position and heat oven to 500 degrees. Arrange oysters on a rimmed baking sheet. Mix bacon with breadcrumbs, and remaining tablespoon of bacon drippings. Top each oysters 2 tablespoons of the leek mixture and 1 tablespoon of the breadcrumb mixture. Roast until leek mixture bubbles and crumbs are golden, about 8 to 10 minutes. Serve.
OYSTER PIE WITH LEEKS, BACON AND MASHED POTATOES
Baked with a topping of mashed potatoes and buttered bread crumbs, this hearty oyster dish is reminiscent of oyster chowder or stew. It is a perfect use for larger oysters. Ask your fishmonger to shuck them for you. (It's possible to buy pre-shucked oysters in a jar, but freshly shucked oysters are obviously fresher tasting.) Figure three or four oysters per person.
Provided by David Tanis
Categories pies and tarts, seafood
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Bring a pot of well-salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, until completely tender. Drain potatoes, reserving 1 cup of cooking liquid. Return potatoes to pot, add 2 tablespoons butter and season generously with salt and pepper. Mash well, adding cooking liquid as necessary to thin. Cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, render the bacon: Put a medium skillet over medium-high heat and add lardons. After a minute or so, when they begin to sizzle, turn heat to medium and stir them in pan to distribute evenly. Cook for a minute or two, letting bacon soften without browning. When it is just beginning to crisp, tip everything into a fine mesh sieve over a bowl to drain. (Reserve the fat for another purpose.) Set bacon aside.
- Put a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons butter. Add leeks, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring, until wilted but still bright green, about 1 minute. Add reserved bacon, thyme, crème fraîche, heavy cream, mustard and cayenne; bring to a simmer. Add oysters and oyster juices, cook 1 minute, then remove from heat. The mixture will be rather soupy.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Transfer oyster mixture to a low-sided casserole dish approximately 9 inches across. Carefully cover the surface with spoonfuls of mashed potatoes in an even layer. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and Parmesan and dot with butter. Set pan on a baking sheet in case there's overflow while cooking. Bake for about 40 minutes, until you can see the stew simmering at the edges and the top is beautifully browned. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 650, UnsaturatedFat 16 grams, Carbohydrate 47 grams, Fat 42 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 22 grams, SaturatedFat 22 grams, Sodium 927 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams, TransFat 0 grams
BAKED OYSTERS WITH BACON
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Make stuffing:
- Bring a 6- to 8-quart pot three-fourths full of water to a boil with kosher salt, then stir in spinach and cook 30 seconds. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a large bowl filled with ice and cold water to stop cooking. Drain spinach and squeeze dry, then finely chop.
- Wash leeks well in a bowl of cold water, then lift out and drain well.
- Heat oil in a 10-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then sauté bacon, stirring, until golden and just cooked through (but not crisp), about 3 minutes. Transfer with slotted spoon to paper towels to drain. Add leeks, shallot, and garlic to fat in skillet and cook over low heat, covered, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 8 minutes.
- Toss together leek mixture, spinach, bacon, bread crumbs, herbs, lemon zest and juice, sea salt, white pepper, nutmeg, and butter in a large bowl with a fork.
- Bake oysters:
- Spread 2 to 3 cups rock salt in each of 2 large shallow baking pans and nestle oysters (in shells) in it. Spoon a heaping tablespoon bread-crumb stuffing loosely on top of each oyster. Bake in batches in upper third of oven until golden, about 6 minutes.
- Serve warm oysters in shells on plates lined with rock salt.
BAKED PARMESAN OYSTER WITH BACON
Tips on how to open (shuck) oysters: 1.Scrub the oysters under running water to clean shells. 2.Place oyster, flat side up, on a board and press onto end opposite hinge using a cloth to protect hand. 3.Insert tip of oyster knife next to hinge, push firmly against hinge and pry the shells apart, sliding the knife against the inside of the top shell to sever the muscle holding the shell together. 4.Discard top shell, rinse oyster in bottom shell lightly in a bowl of cold water to remove shell fragments and grit. 5.With oyster knife, loosen oyster from bottom shell and turn it over for good presentation
Provided by Timothy H.
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- 1.Line a shallow baking pan with heavy aluminum foil and spread enough sea salt to cover the bottom of the pan.
- 2.Scrub the oysters. Open the oysters carefully and leave them on the half shell. Set them in the baking pan.
- 3.Boil 2 cups of water and dissolve the chicken bullion. Add the spinach and onions and cook for 2-3 minutes. Drain the liquid, chop the spinach (not too fine) and return the spinach back into the saucepan.
- 4.Add the remaining ingredients and heat thoroughly. Place a generous amount of the spinach stuffing and one piece of bacon on top of each oyster.
- 5.Bake for 12-15 minutes at 400°F.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 482.7, Fat 27.8, SaturatedFat 9.4, Cholesterol 186.8, Sodium 970.7, Carbohydrate 18.8, Fiber 1.5, Sugar 0.7, Protein 38
OYSTERS 'N' BACON
- Place bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until shrunken, but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- In a shallow baking dish, whisk together the sugar, soy sauce and garlic with a fork. Wrap each oyster with a piece of bacon, and secure with toothpicks. Place wrapped oysters into the dish with the sauce.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until the sauce has thickened and bacon is nicely crisped at the edges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 166.9 calories, Carbohydrate 8.3 g, Cholesterol 51.4 mg, Fat 9.2 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 12 g, SaturatedFat 2.9 g, Sodium 1397.9 mg, Sugar 4.4 g
BAKED OYSTERS AND BACON
This main dish would also make a very nice appetizer and is as simple as it gets! From the New England chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
Provided by Molly53
Categories Free Of...
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Open shells; remove from shells and drain.
- Place each oyster on a half shell with a small piece of bacon on top.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and parsley.
- Bake for 10 minutes; serve at once in the shells.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 399.1, Fat 22.2, SaturatedFat 6.6, Cholesterol 173.1, Sodium 601.8, Carbohydrate 15.1, Protein 32.3
More about "baked oysters with bacon and leeks recipes"
BAKED OYSTERS WITH BACON AND LEEKS - THE LOCAL PALATE
Estimated Reading Time 50 secs
BAKED OYSTERS WITH BACON, GREENS, AND PARMESAN …
BAKED OYSTERS WITH BACON AND SMOKED GRUYèRE - WINE …
BAKED RAPPAHANNOCK RIVER OYSTERS WITH MELTED LEEKS, …
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
BAKED OYSTERS WITH BACON AND LEEKS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
- Melt butter in small skillet over medium heat. Add flour; whisk 2 minutes. Add cream slowly and whisk until mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat.
- Sauté bacon in heavy large skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 6 minutes. Transfer bacon to paper towels to drain. Discard all but 2 tablespoons drippings from skillet. Add leeks, celery, bay leaf, and cayenne to skillet and sauté over medium heat until vegetables are soft, about 12 minutes. Add wine and cook until absorbed, about 15 seconds. Add cream mixture and bring to simmer. Stir until leek mixture thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. Stir in bacon and cheese. Season generously with salt and pepper. DO AHEAD Can be made 1 day ahead. Cool slightly. Cover and refrigerate.
- Place 1 oyster on each of 20 oyster shells or place 2 oysters in each of 10 small ramekins. Top oyster in each shell with 2 tablespoons leek mixture, or top oysters in ramekins with 1/4 cup leek mixture. Place on rimmed baking sheet. DO AHEAD Can be made 4 hours ahead. Cover and chill.
- Preheat oven to 500°F. Divide breadcrumbs among shells or ramekins. Bake until leek mixture bubbles and crumbs are golden, about 8 minutes.
BAKED OYSTERS WITH BACON AND LEEKS - NCSMOKEHOUSE.COM
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
BAKED OYSTERS WITH BACON AND LEEKS RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
3.7/5 (28)Author Condé NastServings 10
BAKED OYSTERS RECIPE WITH CURRY AND LEEKS — EATWELL101
BAKED OYSTERS WITH BACON AND LEEKS RECIPE - COOKING INDEX
ROASTED OYSTERS WITH LEEKS AND BACON - EVERYBODYLOVESITALIAN ...
BAKED OYSTERS WITH BACON AND SPINACH - OYSTER OBSESSION
ROASTED OYSTERS WITH LEEKS & BACON - NEW YORK MAGAZINE
OYSTERS GREGORY WITH GRILLED LEEKS, BACON AND PAPRIKA
BAKED OYSTERS WITH BACON AND LEEKS
WARM OYSTERS WITH LEEK AND BACON SAUCE | WILLIAMS SONOMA
BROILED OYSTERS WITH BACON AND LEEKS – COCONUT & LIME
BAKED OYSTERS WITH BACON AND LEEKS - SIDE DISH RECIPES
BAKED OYSTERS WITH BACON AND LEEKS - MEALPLANNERPRO.COM
BAKED OYSTERS WITH BACON - PLAIN.RECIPES
BAKED OYSTERS WITH BACON AND LEEKS - MEALPLANNERPRO.COM
ROASTED OYSTERS WITH BACON, LEEKS, TRUFFLE, AND CREAM RECIPE
LEEKS WITH OYSTER EMULSION RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BAKED OYSTERS WITH BACON AND LEEKS | THE LOCAL PALATE | RECIPE ...
OYSTERS WITH BACON AND HORSERADISH RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
BAKED OYSTERS WITH BACON AND LEEKS RECIPE
BAKED OYSTERS WITH HAZELNUTS AND LEEKS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BAKED OYSTERS WITH BACON AND LEEKS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
BAKED OYSTERS WITH BACON AND LEEKS - COOKEATSHARE
BAKED OYSTERS WITH HAZELNUTS AND LEEKS - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
BEST BAKED OYSTERS WITH IRISH CHEDDAR AND BACON RECIPES | FOOD …
PIERRE FRANEY - RECIPES - BAKED OYSTERS WITH LEEKS
JEREMY SEWALL'S BACON-AND-LEEK BAKED OYSTERS FROM ISLAND CREEK …
RECIPES/BAKED-OYSTERS-WITH-BACON-AND-LEEKS-231061.JSON AT …
BACON WRAPPED OYSTERS | RECIPE | THE FRESH MARKET
BAKED OYSTERS WITH BACON AND PARMESAN CHEESE - MAGIC SKILLET
You'll also love