BAKED PENNE WITH GROUND BEEF AND TOMATO SAUCE
Of course you can use your favorite bottled pasta sauce of your choice to make this recipe, but it is really the sauce that makes this (do not omit the green bell pepper, I also add in a jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped but that is optional) To save some time and to allow the flavors to blend I strongly suggest to prepare the sauce 1-2 days in advance and refrigerate, this sauce freezes well for up to 3 months. Do not over cook the pasta as it will cook even more in the oven...you will *LOVE* this!
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- For the sauce; heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat; add in onion, bell pepper, oregano, basil and chili flakes (if using) sauté for about 5 minutes (adding in the garlic the last 2 minutes of cooking).
- Add in the tomato paste and stir for about 1 minute.
- Add in all remaining ingredients; bring to a boil and simmer (UNCOVERED) on low heat for about 1-1/2 hours.
- Season with salt and pepper then remove the bay leaf.
- At this point you can cool then refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a medium casserole dish (or a 13 x 9-inch baking dish).
- In a large skillet cook the ground beef until well browned, breaking up with a spoon until crumbled; drain fat.
- To the skillet add in about 5 cups prepared tomato sauce (more is okay, or just go ahead and use the whole amount of sauce if desired more sauce will never hurt lol!) cook for about 15-20 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Remove from heat and add in 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese; stir with wooden spoon to combine.
- Add in the cooked penne pasta; toss to combine with sauce and cheese.
- Transfer to baking dish.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese then about 1/2 cup (or more) mozzarella cheese, return to oven and cook 5-8 minutes more or until the cheese is melted.
This version of the Italian-inspired classic dish combines ground beef, peppers, and sauteed onions, baked with penne and PHILADELPHIA Italian Cheese and Herb Cooking Creme, and topped with Mozzarella cheese.
Provided by Philadelphia
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown meat with vegetables in large nonstick skillet. Stir in spaghetti sauce, 3/4 cup cooking creme and 1/2 cup mozzarella: cook and stir 2 to 3 min. or until mozzarella is melted. Add pasta; mix lightly.
- Spoon into 2-qt. casserole; top with remaining cooking creme and mozzarella. Cover.
- Bake 20 min. or until heated through, uncovering after 15 min.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 397.2 calories, Carbohydrate 38.8 g, Cholesterol 64.2 mg, Fat 17.3 g, Fiber 4.4 g, Protein 21.4 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, Sodium 922 mg, Sugar 11.3 g
BAKED PENNE WITH MEAT SAUCE
- Preheat oven to 375°F Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, combine undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, wine or tomato juice, dried oregano, pepper and crushed red pepper. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef and onion until meat is brown. Drain off fat. Stir tomato mixture into meat mixture in skillet. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in cooked pasta, and olives.
- Divide the pasta mixture among six 10 to 12 ounce individual casseroles. Bake, covered, for 15 minutes. (Or spoon all of the pasta mixture into a 2-quart casserole. Bake, covered to 30 minutes). Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, about 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
Get the beefy, cheesy dish you want when you follow this baked penne recipe! Put together this ooey-gooey baked penne pasta in just 15 minutes!
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in medium bowl; set aside. Brown meat with vegetables in large nonstick skillet. Stir in pasta sauce, cream cheese mixture and 1/2 cup mozzarella; cook and stir 2 to 3 min. or until mozzarella is melted. Add pasta; mix lightly.
- Spoon into 2-qt. casserole; top with remaining mozzarella. Cover.
- Bake 20 min. or until heated through, uncovering after 15 min.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 490, Fat 18 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, TransFat 0.5 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Sodium 850 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 6 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 23 g
PENNE BEEF BAKE
I had ground beef and veggies on hand so I came up with this pizza-flavored casserole. I never expected my family to love it so much. It's a good way to sneak in some extra veggies for the kids. -Jennifer Wise, Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Cook penne according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook the beef, zucchini, pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, breaking it into crumbles; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, Alfredo sauce, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and garlic powder. Drain penne; stir into meat mixture., Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. If desired, top with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 395 calories, Fat 12g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 62mg cholesterol, Sodium 805mg sodium, Carbohydrate 45g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 7g fiber), Protein 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
BAKED PENNE WITH CHEDDAR AND EXTRA-LEAN GROUND BEEF
This cheesy, easy casserole makes for an easy weeknight staple, especially if you make it ahead of time and freeze it until you need it. This is a variation on a Cooking Light Baked Ziti recipe.
Provided by Paprika Girl
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 9 pieces, 9 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
- Brown ground beef in a non-stick pan over med-high heat. Set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F In a large bowl, mix together 6 oz of the grated cheddar with the penne, tomato sauce, red pepper, and beef. Spread in a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish. Top with the rest of the cheese.
- Bake in oven for about 30 min, or until bubbly. Let cool for 5 minutes. Cut and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 388.5, Fat 14.1, SaturatedFat 6.9, Cholesterol 57.7, Sodium 727.5, Carbohydrate 42.1, Fiber 3.9, Sugar 10.6, Protein 24.9
More about "baked penne with ground beef and tomato sauce recipes"
PENNE PASTA WITH GROUND BEEF RECIPE IN DELICIOUS …
Cuisine ItalianTotal Time 45 minsCategory Easy DinnerCalories 285 per serving
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and put back in the pot. Swirl in 1 tablespoon of butter.
- While the pasta is cooking, using a large skillet, cook onions in olive oil for about 3 minutes. Add garlic the last 30 seconds.
- Add the ground beef to the skillet with the onions and garlic. Brown beef breaking up pieces with a spatula as it cooks. Lightly salt and pepper beef while browning. Drain off any extra grease.
- Drain the tomatoes of liquid and add to the skillet. Break up tomatoes using your fingers or with a spatula. Pull of any hard pieces and the tops of the tomatoes.
RECIPE: BAKED PENNE PASTA WITH GROUND BEEF AND TOMATO SAUCE
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
BAKED PASTA WITH SPAGHETTI SAUCE RECIPE - ADD A PINCH
CHEESY GROUND BEEF PASTA CASSEROLE (EASY PASTA BAKE!) - AVERIE …
BEEF AND TOMATO RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
BAKED PENNE PASTA RECIPES WITH GROUND BEEF
BAKED PENNE WITH CREAMY TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE
BAKED PENNE WITH CHEESY MEAT SAUCE - LYONS DIN
10 BEST GROUND BEEF AND PENNE CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
PENNE WITH BAKED TOMATO SAUCE - RICARDO CUISINE
EASY PENNE PASTA BAKE RECIPE WITH GROUND BEEF - TASTE …
GROUND BEEF AND PENNE RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
GROUND BEEF AND PENNE PASTA : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
BAKED PENNE - THE SEASONED MOM
PENNE PASTA RECIPES WITH GROUND BEEF AND ALFREDO SAUCE
BAKED PENNE WITH GROUND BEEF - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
BEST GROUND BEEF RECIPES (27+ AMAZINGLY TASTY FAMILY FAVORITES!)
PENNE PASTA WITH CREAMY TOMATO AND MEAT SAUCE RECIPE
GROUND BEEF AND TOMATO PASTA BAKE - SLOW THE COOK DOWN
BAKED PENNE PASTA CASSEROLE RECIPE | SKIP TO MY LOU
10 BEST PENNE PASTA WITH GROUND BEEF RECIPES - YUMMLY
BAKED PENNE RIGATE - BIGOVEN
BAKED PENNE WITH GROUND BEEF AND TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE WITH …
PENNE PASTA RECIPES WITH TOMATO SAUCE AND GROUND BEEF
TOMATO BASIL BAKED PENNE RECIPE — EATWELL101
25 EASY BAKED PASTA RECIPES FROM ZITI TO PENNE - INSANELY GOOD
BAKED PENNE PASTA - YUMMY KITCHEN
BAKED PENNE CASSEROLE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
GROUND BEEF TOMATO - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
GROUND BEEF AND PENNE RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
PENNE WITH GROUND BEEF - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
BAKED PENNE WITH BEEF, MUSHROOM AND ROASTED PEPPER SAUCE
BAKED PENNE PASTA WITH MEAT SAUCE - HILDA'S KITCHEN BLOG
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #main-dish #beef #eggs-dairy #pasta #oven #easy #dinner-party #holiday-event #stove-top #dietary #low-calorie #comfort-food #low-carb #inexpensive #ground-beef #low-in-something #meat #pasta-rice-and-grains #penne #superbowl #taste-mood #equipment #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
Can you cook penne pasta with ground beef in tomato sauce?Penne Pasta with Ground Beef in a Delicious Fresh Tomato Sauce – Easy Recipe – Easy of the Family Food Budget! We love cooking pasta sauce using whole tomatoes and fresh basil and this recipe of ground beef and penne pasta is the perfect ingredients for this sauce!
How to cook penne pasta in a pan?Cook Penne pasta in salted water according to the package directions. Drain and put back in the same pan. Swirl 1 tablespoon of melted butter through the pasta. When the sauce is ready, pour the pasta into the skillet with the sauce and gently stir to coat the pasta.
Can you use ground turkey in penne pasta?This family favorite pasta dish adds a unique creamy meat sauce to make penne or ziti pasta that will please kids and adults alike. The tomato and beef sauce can be modified with ground Italian sausage. Or use ground turkey or chicken chunks if you don't eat red meat.
How many ground beef pasta recipes are there?This might just be the number one question that we ask ourselves almost daily over here. Then you have come to the right place, we have rounded up 21 ground beef pasta recipes penne pasta that we have shared over the years. Plus, there is such a variety of flavours in these recipes, so you are sure to find something for you.