BAKED YAMS WITH LIME AND HONEY
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash the yams and place in a baking dish with the water.
- Bake until the potatoes are soft and the skins puffy, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Set aside to cool slightly (leave the oven on).
- Peel the yams and place in a medium baking dish.
- Add the honey, butter, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Stir and mash well with a potato masher.
- Cover with aluminum foil and return to the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until heated through.
- Sprinkle the top with sour cream and serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 315.8, Fat 8, SaturatedFat 4.9, Cholesterol 20.4, Sodium 596.5, Carbohydrate 62.1, Fiber 6.9, Sugar 18.6, Protein 2.6
GRILLED SWEET POTATOES WITH LIME AND CILANTRO
- Parcook the potatoes: Place in a pot of water and boil until fork-tender; let cool. Slice each potato lengthwise into eighths.
- Preheat a grill to medium or place a cast-iron grill pan over medium heat. Mix 1 tablespoon salt, the lime zest and cayenne in a small bowl.
- Brush the potato wedges with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill until golden brown on all sides (including the skin) and just cooked through, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Transfer to a platter; immediately season with the salt mixture and sprinkle with cilantro.
HONEY LIME TILAPIA
- In a large bowl, mix the honey, lime juice, and garlic. Season tilapia with salt and pepper, place in the bowl, and marinate 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
- Arrange the squash and asparagus in the baking dish. Place tilapia on top of vegetables, and season with poultry seasoning. Discard remaining marinade.
- Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until vegetables are tender and fish is easily flaked. Sprinkle with mozzarella, and continue baking 5 minutes, or until cheese is lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 383.1 calories, Carbohydrate 60.4 g, Cholesterol 50.7 mg, Fat 4.3 g, Fiber 8.7 g, Protein 32.6 g, SaturatedFat 1.9 g, Sodium 154.2 mg, Sugar 26.7 g
ROASTED SWEET POTATOES WITH HONEY-LIME GLAZE
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Toss sweet potatoes with oil, cayenne, and salt in a large bowl until coated.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and roast until fork tender, 25 minute.
- Whisk honey, lime juice, and cinnamon together in a small bowl while potatoes roast.
- Once potatoes are tender, coat with glaze and roast 5 minutes more.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Prick the yams and place in oven for 30 minutes or until done. Cut in half, scoop out the yams and mash with a fork. Serve with salt, pepper and butter if desired.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 104, UnsaturatedFat 0 grams, Carbohydrate 23 grams, Fat 1 gram, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 1 gram, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 192 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams, TransFat 0 grams
GJELINA'S ROASTED YAMS
These roasted yams are adapted from a recipe that Travis Lett, the chef and an owner of Gjelina in Venice, Calif., published in a 2015 cookbook devoted to the restaurant's food. They are a marvelous accompaniment to a roast chicken, but they are maybe even better as a platter to accompany a salad of hearty greens, cheese and nuts. What makes them memorable is a technique Lett calls for during the cooking: tossing the tubers in honey before roasting them, which intensifies their caramelizing. The crisp, near-burned sweetness works beautifully against the heat of the pepper and the acidic creaminess of the yogurt you dab onto the dish at the end. It is a simple dish, but it results in fantastic eating.
Provided by Sam Sifton
Categories side dish
Yield Serves 3-6
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 425. Cut the yams lengthwise into 4 wedges per yam. Put them in a large bowl, and toss them with the honey, ½ tablespoon of the Espelette pepper or crushed red-pepper flakes and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Let it sit for 10 minutes or so, tossing once or twice to coat, as the oven heats.
- Transfer the yams to a foil-lined, rimmed baking sheet, season with salt and pepper and then bake until they are deeply caramelized around the edges and soft when pierced with a fork at their thickest part, approximately 30 to 35 minutes.
- As the yams roast, combine the yogurt, lime juice and remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a small bowl, and whisk to combine, then season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- When the yams are done, transfer them to a serving platter, drizzle the yogurt over them and garnish with the remaining Espelette pepper or red-pepper flakes, the scallions and some flaky sea salt if you have any.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 204, UnsaturatedFat 6 grams, Carbohydrate 31 grams, Fat 8 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 3 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 301 milligrams, Sugar 7 grams
ISLAND YAM BAKE
- Place yams into a large pot and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and allow to steam dry for a minute or two.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Return yams to the cooking pot, and mash with juice until smooth. Pack mashed yams into a 3 quart casserole dish, dot with butter, then sprinkle with brown sugar and nuts. Loosely cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven until hot and bubbly, 35 to 40 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 320.9 calories, Carbohydrate 58.1 g, Cholesterol 7.6 mg, Fat 9.5 g, Fiber 6.5 g, Protein 2.9 g, SaturatedFat 2.9 g, Sodium 40.5 mg, Sugar 18.2 g
ROASTED SWEET POTATOES WITH HONEY GLAZE
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Arrange sweet potatoes in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Stir butter, honey, and lemon juice in small saucepan over medium heat until butter melts. Pour butter mixture over sweet potatoes; toss to coat. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Bake sweet potatoes until tender when pierced with skewer, stirring and turning occasionally, about 50 minutes.
More about "baked yams with lime and honey recipes"
MASHED YAMS WITH LIME AND HONEY | SAVEUR
BAKED YAMS WITH LIME AND HONEY RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
1/5 Calories 132 per serving
ROASTED YAMS AND CHICKPEAS WITH YOGURT – SMITTEN KITCHEN
HOW TO MAKE SALAD WITH BAKED SWEET POTATO AND HONEY RECIPE …
ROASTED YAMS WITH LIME-YOGURT SAUCE - LUNDS & BYERLYS
BAKED HONEY LIME CHICKEN - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
SOUTHERN BAKED CANDIED YAMS - COOKING WITH TAMMY.RECIPES
BAKED SWEET POTATO FRIES WITH HONEY-LIME DIP - OUR BEST BITES
BAKED YAMS WITH LIME AND HONEY RECIPE - COOKING INDEX
SMOKIN’ LIME AND HONEY YAMS RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
BAKED YAMS RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
ROASTED YAMS WITH HONEY – BIG ISLAND BEES
RECIPE: ROASTED YAMS WITH HONEY, ESPELETTE AND LIME …
SWEET POTATO WEDGES WITH HONEY LIME DIP - GARNISH & GLAZE
10 BEST BAKED YAMS SWEET POTATO RECIPES | YUMMLY
BAKED HONEY YAMS
SPARKS: SPARKS FAVORITE HOLIDAY RECIPES: BAKED YAMS …
BAKE YAMS FOIL - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
HONEY ROASTED YAMS - VEGETABLES
BAKED YAMS WITH GINGER AND HONEY - SIOUX HONEY ASSOCIATION CO …
10 BEST HEALTHY BAKED YAM RECIPES | YUMMLY
4 WAYS TO BAKE A YAM - WIKIHOW
HONEY PERSIAN LIME BAKED SWEET POTATO BITES - FOODIE FLAIR
CHARRED SWEET POTATOES WITH HOT HONEY BUTTER AND LIME
REBAR DINNER 2: CORN DANCE CAKES AND BAKED YAMS
ROASTED SWEET POTATO SALAD WITH LIME & HONEY | THE ENGLISH …
BAKED CANDIED YAMS - SOUL FOOD STYLE! | I HEART RECIPES
HONEY ROASTED SWEET POTATOES WITH LIME JUICE - KILLING THYME
BAKED SWEET POTATO WITH LIME, SOUR CREAM, & CRUNCHY CHICKPEAS …
ROASTED YAMS WITH HONEY, ESPELETTE, & LIME YOGURT FROM GJELINA
SWEET POTATO WEDGES WITH HONEY LIME DIP ⋆ REAL HOUSEMOMS
HONEY-CINNAMON BAKED YAM SLICES - SAFEWAY
CHILI LIME BAKED SALMON WITH POTATOES AND BEANS - RECIPETIN EATS
HONEY-LIME SWEET POTATOES | WILLIAMS SONOMA
HONEY-CINNAMON BAKED YAM SLICES - SAFEWAY | RECIPE | RECIPES, …
CANNED SWEET POTATO RECIPES WITH MARSHMALLOWS AND BROWN …
BAKED CRISPY HONEY LIME SHRIMP - CREME DE LA CRUMB
BAKED YAMS WITH MARSHMALLOW - THERESCIPES.INFO
ROASTED YAMS WITH HONEY, ESPELETTE, AND LIME YOGURT
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #yams-sweet-potatoes #side-dishes #potatoes #vegetables #dietary #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love