HERBY SPINACH AND MUSHROOM BAKED ZITI
Traditional baked ziti is gussied up with cremini mushrooms, baby spinach and lots of basil and parsley.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring, until the garlic is golden, about 2 minutes. Add both cans of tomatoes and 1 cup water. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat slightly, add the basil sprigs and simmer rapidly, uncovered, until thickened, 15 to 20 minutes. Discard the basil sprigs and stir in the chopped basil and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the spinach and cook, stirring, until just wilted. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Cook the ziti in the salted boiling water until very al dente, about 2 minutes less than the package directions. Drain the pasta and add it to the bowl.
- Add the tomato sauce, half of both the mozzarella and Parmesan to the bowl and stir well to combine. Transfer the pasta to a 3- to 4-quart baking dish and top with the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan. Bake, uncovered, until browned, about 15 minutes. Let the pasta stand about 10 minutes before serving.
BAKED ZITI WITH SPINACH AND VEAL
- Bring a large pot of water to boil for pasta.
- In the skillet heat the olive oil, 2 turns of the pan, over medium to medium-high heat. Add the ground veal and lightly brown and crumble, then add the chopped carrot, shallots, garlic, and sage and season with salt and a little pepper and cook to soften carrots and onions, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, add the wine and turn the heat down a bit to simmer gently.
- Meanwhile, drop the pasta in salted water and undercook by 2 minutes from package cooking directions.
- In a saucepot over medium to medium-high heat, add butter and melt, whisk in the flour for 1 minute then whisk in the milk, bring to a bubble and season with more salt than pepper and a few grates of nutmeg. When the sauce has thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon taste and adjust nutmeg and pepper to your liking.
- Add the spinach to the veal until it is wilted and incorporate, then stir together the pasta, veal mixture, and sauce. Pour the mixture into a casserole and top with the cheeses. Cool, cover and store for a make-ahead meal.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the casserole on a baking sheet to catch the drips and bake in a hot oven until brown and bubbly, 35 to 45 minutes if reheating, 15 to 20 minutes, if not.
BAKED ZITI WITH SPINACH AND TOMATOES
- Heat heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add sausage, onion and garlic and sauté until sausage is cooked through, breaking up meat with back of spoon, about 10 minutes. Add tomatoes with juices to pan. Simmer until sauce thickens slightly, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Stir in pesto. Season sauce with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to simmer before continuing.)
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Lightly oil 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish. Combine pasta, spinach, mozzarella and 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese in large bowl. Stir in hot tomato sauce. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish. Sprinkle remaining 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese over. Bake until sauce bubbles and cheeses melt, about 30 minutes.
BAKED ZITI WITH SPINACH AND CHEESE
This is great if you need to feed an army on the cheap! Serve with a salad and garlic bread, sure to be a pleaser!
Provided by Kristiina
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cook spinach as package directs, drain, cool and squeeze out well.
- Add eggs, ricotta cheese, parm. cheese, and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Combine cooked ziti with sauce and oregano. Place 1/2 ziti miture in lightly greased 13X9 baking dish, layered with cheese and spinach mixture. Add remaining ziti.
- Cover with tin foil and bake at 375 degrees for 25 minute or until bubbly.
- Bring a large pot filled with salted water to a boil. Add ziti and cook until tender but still firm, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium sized non-reactive pan, combine tomatoes and hot pepper flakes. Warm over medium-low heat, breaking up tomatoes if necessary.
- Drain pasta and return to hot pan. Add spinach, cream cheese and nutmeg. Cook, stirring, over low heat until spinach wilts, 1-2 minutes. Pour tomato sauce over spinach ziti. Stir and toss gently to mix.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 195.8 calories, Carbohydrate 32.7 g, Cholesterol 10.4 mg, Fat 4 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 6.7 g, SaturatedFat 2.2 g, Sodium 193.5 mg, Sugar 3.9 g
BAKED ZITI WITH FRESH TOMATOES
I prepare the meat sauce ahead of time, so it saves precious moments when we come in after working out in the fields! -Barbara Johnson, Decker, Indiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, salt, basil and pepper. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally., Cook ziti according to package directions; drain. Place in a large bowl. Stir in sauce and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and remaining mozzarella cheese. , Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 375 calories, Fat 14g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 60mg cholesterol, Sodium 851mg sodium, Carbohydrate 33g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 29g protein.
PARMESAN SPINACH BAKED ZITI
Here's a great casserole for a cold winter's night-hearty with sausage and spinach and cheesy with mozzarella and Parmesan.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 12 servings, 1 cup each
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cook pasta as directed on package, omitting salt. Meanwhile, crumble sausage into large skillet; cook on medium-high heat 10 min. or until evenly browned, using the back of a wooden spoon to break up sausage. Add tomatoes, spinach and dressing; cook 2 min. or until spinach is wilted, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta; return to saucepan. Add sausage mixture, cheeses and basil; stir to combine. Spoon into 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 20 min. or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 390, Fat 19 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Sodium 740 mg, Carbohydrate 35 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 5 g, Protein 18 g
BAKED ZITI WITH SPINACH AND MEAT
This recipe lasts my family of four for at least three meals when served with a dinner salad and crusty Italian bread. It is wonderful Italian comfort food.
Provided by Steven M,
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ziti and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir ground beef, onion, and 1/2 of the garlic in the hot skillet until beef is until browned and onion is wilted, 5 to 7 minutes. Add spaghetti sauce and simmer for 15 minutes.
- While the meat sauce is simmering, heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add remaining garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add spinach and cook, tossing occasionally, until wilted, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Mix ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, and wilted spinach in a bowl. Season with salt.
- Place 1/2 of the ziti in the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish and layer with 1/2 of the meat sauce. Spread provolone cheese on top to form a flat surface. Spread spinach mixture over top, then cover with remaining ziti and meat sauce. Top with 2 tablespoons Parmesan and sprinkle mozzarella over top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let firm up for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 503.3 calories, Carbohydrate 50 g, Cholesterol 63.5 mg, Fat 20.3 g, Fiber 5.2 g, Protein 29.2 g, SaturatedFat 9.6 g, Sodium 870.3 mg, Sugar 12.7 g
BAKED ZITI WITH SPINACH, SAUSAGE, AND MOZZARELLA
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add sausage, onion, and garlic, and saute until sausage cooked through, about 10 minutes, breaking up meat with back of spoon. Add tomatoes with juice to pan. Simmer until sauce thickens slightly, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Stir in pesto sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly oil 13 x 9 glass baking dish. Combine pasta, spinach, mozzarella, and 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese in large bowl. Stir in hot tomato sauce. Mix gently until spinach is wilted. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish. Sprinkle remaining 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese over top. Bake until sauce bubbles and cheese melt, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 349.1, Fat 12.9, SaturatedFat 6.7, Cholesterol 50.4, Sodium 749.9, Carbohydrate 36.2, Fiber 3.6, Sugar 6, Protein 22.5
More about "baked ziti with spinach and tomatoes recipes"
ZITI BAKED WITH SPINACH, TOMATOES AND SMOKED GOUDA
SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE BAKED ZITI - INSPIRED TASTE
EASY BAKED ZITI RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
BAKED ZITI WITH SPINACH | VEGETARIAN RECIPE | THE …
SPINACH BAKED ZITI RECIPE (VEGETARIAN) - TRIAL AND EATER
SPINACH BAKED ZITI - HOME. MADE. INTEREST.
EASY BAKED ZITI WITH SPINACH RECIPE - COOKED BY JULIE
BAKED ZITI WITH SPINACH - SKINNYTASTE
BAKED ZITI WITH SPINACH - THE TOASTY KITCHEN
BAKED ZITI RECIPE WITH SHRIMP AND SPINACH - INSPIRED …
BAKED ZITI WITH SPINACH AND TOMATOES - BIGOVEN.COM
Reviews 1Servings 1Cuisine AmericanCategory Main Dish
ZITI BAKED WITH SPINACH, TOMATOES, & SMOKED GOUDA RECIPE
BAKED ZITI WITH CHORIZO & SPINACH | TLN
BEST BAKED ZITI RECIPE - NO MEAT - DAILY SUBSCRIBER
THE BEST ONE POT BAKED ZITI - BLESS THIS MESS
RECIPE: BAKED ZITI WITH SPINACH AND TOMATOES (USING ITALIAN …
BAKED ZITI WITH SPINACH AND TOMATOES RECIPE | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR ...
ZITI & SPINACH, CHERRY TOMATOES, & GORGONZOLA SAUCE RECIPE
BAKED ZITI WITH SPINACH AND TOMATOES - BIGOVEN.COM
BAKED ZITI WITH SPINACH, SAUSAGE, AND TOMATOES
BAKED ZITI WITH SPINACH AND TOMATOES - EVERYBODYLOVESITALIAN.COM
RECIPE: BAKED ZITI WITH SPINACH AND TOMATOES - RECIPELINK.COM
BAKED ZITI WITH SPINACH AND BASIL - THE ARTSY PALATE
RECIPE-A-LONG: BAKED ZITI WITH SPINACH AND TOMATOES
TURKEY BAKED ZITI WITH SPINACH & CARROTS - SALT SUGAR SPICE
BAKED COD SPINACH TOMATO PACKETS - THERESCIPES.INFO
BAKED ZITI WITH SPINACH, PESTO, AND ITALIAN SAUSAGE - A HINT OF HONEY
RECIPE: BAKED ZITI WITH SPINACH AND TOMATOES - DINNER TRADE
ZITI BAKED WITH SPINACH, TOMATOES, AND SMOKED GOUDA
BAKED ZITI WITH SPINACH RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
BAKED ZITI WITH SPINACH RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
BAKED ZITI WITH MUSHROOMS & SPINACH (NO BOIL!) | FEASTING AT HOME
SLOW COOKER SPINACH BAKED ZITI RECIPE - SABRINAS ORGANIZING
BAKED ZITI WITH SPINACH (VEGETARIAN, VEGAN OPTION, GLUTEN-FREE …
You'll also love