CHUNKY BANANA CHIP ICE CREAM
If a banana split is on your no-no list, treat yourself to this lower-in-fat option dreamed up by our Test Kitchen staff. Each smooth and creamy scoop is generously sprinkled with semisweet chocolate chips. Your freezer won't be off-limits when this ice cream is in it.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large bowl, beat the first six ingredients on high speed for 3 minutes. Cover and refrigerate overnight., Stir bananas into milk mixture. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to the manufacturer's directions. Stir in chocolate chips. Allow to ripen in ice cream freezer or firm up in the refrigerator freezer for 2-4 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 301 calories, Fat 5g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 8mg cholesterol, Sodium 84mg sodium, Carbohydrate 57g carbohydrate (53g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
DARK CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA "ICE CREAM" RECIPE BY TASTY
- Cut bananas into coins and place in freezer in a sealable bag. Freeze overnight or until solid.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour contents into a loaf or small pan.
- Freeze one hour or until solid.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 224 calories, Carbohydrate 39 grams, Fat 8 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 3 grams, Sugar 23 grams
BANANA & CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE-CREAM
This is a nice way to use up overripe bananas and have a fairly healthy treat ready for the kids. It has no sugar & is low fat. Diabetics should substitute carob for the chocolate buttons. Keeps for about 1 week. (Cooking time is freezing time)
Provided by Mandy
Categories Frozen Desserts
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Pour evaporated milk into a loaf pan, cover with foil & freeze until just firm.
- Process evaporated milk, bananas, yoghurt, milk maple syrup & essence until thick & creamy.
- Pour mixture into a 15cm x 25cm loaf pan, cover & freeze until just firm.
- Repeat processing, stir in chocolate or carob, cover & freeze until firm.
CHOCOLATE CHIP AND BANANA ICE CREAM SANDWICHES
- Preheat oven to 350°F. If using dough log, cut into 20 equal-size rounds. Arrange sliced dough rounds (or 20 pre-portioned rounds) on 2 baking sheets, spacing evenly. Using fingertips, press each into 2 1/2-inch round. Bake cookies until golden, about 11 minutes for sliced rounds and 15 minutes for pre-portioned dough. Transfer to rack; cool.
- Line baking sheet with foil; place in freezer. Place 1 cookie, flat side up, on work surface. Top with 1/3 cup ice cream; spread almost to edge. Top with single layer of bananas. Sandwich with another cookie; press gently to compact. Place on baking sheet in freezer. Repeat with remaining cookies, ice cream, and bananas. Freeze 2 hours. Using knife, smooth sides of ice cream sandwiches. Freeze 1 hour.
- Place chocolate chips and oil in small glass bowl; microwave on medium-high until chocolate is melted, stopping occasionally to stir, about 1 1/2 minutes. Let stand just until cool, about 10 minutes.
- Place granola or toffee (if using) on plate. Dip 1 ice cream sandwich halfway into melted chocolate; lift and quickly shake excess chocolate back into bowl. If desired, roll dipped edge in granola or toffee; return to baking sheet in freezer. Repeat with remaining sandwiches, chocolate, and granola or toffee. Freeze until firm, about 2 hours. DO AHEAD: Can be made 2 days ahead. Wrap each sandwich in foil; keep frozen.
CHOCOLATE BANANA CHUNK ICE CREAM
- If using an electric ice cream maker, place the body into the freezer overnight. It needs to be completely frozen to freeze the ice cream.
- Combine the cream, milk, and 1 cup of the sugar in a medium, heavy bottom saucepan. Scrape the seeds of the vanilla bean into the cream mix and add in the bean itself. Bring to a light boil over medium high heat, watching carefully so the mixture doesn't boil over. Remove from the heat.
- Beat the yolks in a mixing bowl and slowly whisk in 1 cup of the hot cream mixture. Gradually add the egg mixture back into the pot of cream. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture coats the back of a spoon or reaches 170 degrees F, about 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from the heat and place in a container. Cover and place in the refrigerator to cool for about 2 to 3 hours.
- Put the ice cream maker together and turn it on. Pour in the cream mixture and let churn for about 20 to 25 minutes, according to manufacturer's instructions. Stir in the banana and chocolate when the ice cream is 3/4 of the way frozen.
CHUNKY BANANA NUT CHIP ICE CREAM
Luscious copy of a very famous brand name ice cream! All my little monkeys love this one! I have tried this with aspartame sugar substitute (the blue packets) to lower the sugar, and no one could tell! For best results, transfer frozen mixture to a plastic freezer container and freeze for at least one hour before serving (if you can keep your kids out of it for that long!).
Provided by Stephany Brown
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a blender or food processor, combine bananas, lemon juice, vanilla, sugar, cream and milk. Puree until smooth. Transfer mixture to the freezer canister of an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. When ice cream begins to stiffen, add walnuts and chocolate chips.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 397.9 calories, Carbohydrate 48.6 g, Cholesterol 56 mg, Fat 23.3 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 3.7 g, SaturatedFat 11.8 g, Sodium 25.4 mg, Sugar 39.4 g
More about "banana chocolate chip ice cream recipes"
TWO-INGREDIENT BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM BITES - THE ...
5/5 (14)Category DessertServings 24Total Time 3 hrs
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice the bananas into 1/2-inch slices and lay flat on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 1-1/2 hours.
- Remove frozen bananas from the freezer and let set out for about 5 minutes while you set up your food processor or blender. You want the bananas to softened just a bit, but still be frozen.
- Place the bananas in the food processor and pulse/blend until smooth and creamy. Stir in 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips.
- Grease a mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Scoop the banana ice cream into each cup, filling each one almost full, then sprinkle the top of each cup with a few more mini chocolate chips. Place the muffin pan in the freezer for an hour.
BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM BITES | SUNBUTTER LLC ...
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
BANANA CHOCOLATE-CHIP "ICE CREAM" RECIPE - CHATELAINE.COM
3.6/5 (56)Total Time 10 minsCategory RecipesCalories 146 per serving
BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM | CANADIAN GOODNESS
BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM - 2 SISTERS RECIPES BY ...
5/5 (5)Category DessertServings 1Total Time 30 mins
- Pour the mixture immediately into your frozen ice cream canister/ machine and follow the directions according to your ice cream maker.
HEALTHY PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA ICE CREAM RECIPE
Reviews 2Servings 2Cuisine AmericanCategory Dessert
- Process on high until the bananas are super smooth, about 5 minutes, scraping down the sides as necessary.
BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM (NO-CHURN) | MOMSWHOSAVE.COM
4.8/5 (6)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 8
- With a mixer, beat heavy whipping cream until thick. Pour in sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract, and fold in until smooth.
- Next, pour half the ice cream into a freezer safe container. Top with half of the chopped bananas and half of the mini chocolate chips. Repeat with another layer, and top with the remaining chocolate chips and bananas.
- Freeze for five to six hours or overnight. When it is time to serve, remove from the freezer and let sit at room temperature to soften for five to 10 minutes.
BANANA ICE CREAM | HOMEMADE - WELL PLATED BY ERIN
5/5 (24)Calories 247 per servingCategory Dessert
- Prep your work station: Create an ice bath by placing a moderate amount of ice and water in a large bowl. Set an empty, medium bowl in the larger one on top of the ice. Pour the heavy cream into the medium bowl and set a strainer on top. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks until well combined.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, stir together the milk, sugar, and salt until small bubbles form along the edges and the sugar has dissolved. Do not let boil.
- Gradually pour some of the milk into the bowl with the egg yolks, whisking constantly as you pour (I like to use a ladle for this). Once you've poured in some of the milk, return the saucepan to the stove over low heat. Slowly pour the yolks into the saucepan, stirring constantly. This process is called tempering and will keep the eggs from scrambling.
- Continue cooking the egg-milk mixture (also called custard) over low heat, stirring constantly and scraping the bottom of the saucepan with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, until the custard thickens enough to coat the back of the spatula. Strain the custard into the bowl with the heavy cream.
MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA ICE CREAM | GIRL HEART FOOD®
Reviews 38Category DessertServings 4Total Time 3 hrs 5 mins
- Place bananas in food processor and process for a minute or two. Bananas will look a bit crumbly. Stop processor and scrape sides of processor with a rubber spatula. Then, continue to process for another minute or two until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add remainder of ingredients and process a minute or two until ingredients are combined. If you want more mint flavour, add a little mint extract at a time. Remember, too much will make it bitter.
- Enjoy immediately as a soft serve or freeze for a firmer ice cream (preferred). If freezing, pour into a freezer-safe container and freeze for 3 to 4 hours. Enjoy!
BEST CHOCOLATE BANANA ICE CREAM (NICE CREAM) - EAT WITH ...
Ratings 3Category DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 2 hrs 10 mins
- If your bananas are not already frozen, break them up into small pieces and add to a freezer safe bag or container. Freeze for at least 12 hours.
- Once frozen, add the frozen bananas, cocoa powder, nut butter and vanilla to a high speed blender or food processor with an S blade. A high speed blender (like a vitamix) is necessary, a regular one won't work! If using a food processor, you'll need about 2 tablespoons of non-dairy milk to help the blending!
- Blend on high, using the tamper tool to push down as needed. It will be loud and seem like it's not working at first, but keep blending and eventually you will end up with a soft serve like consistency. You can add more milk as needed, but only add enough to start the blending process. If using a food processor, stop to scrape down the sides as needed.
- Taste and adjust flavors as desired. If using the oreos, add them in now and blend for just a few seconds to combine and break up.
CHOCOLATE CHIP CARAMEL BANANA NUT ICE CREAM RECIPE
5/5 (1)Total Time 2 hrs 30 minsCategory DessertCalories 411 per serving
- Place peeled bananas on parchment-lined baking sheet and roast in a 350 degree oven until they are caramelized, approximately 1 hour. You want the bananas to shrivel and the liquid to caramelize, almost the texture of dried fruit leather.
- In a small pot, simmer cream, milk, and salt until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Remove pot from heat.
- In a separate bowl, whisk yolks and vanilla extract. Whisking constantly, slowly whisk 1/3 of the hot cream into the yolks, then, whisk the yolk mixture back into the pot with the cream.
HEALTHY 3 INGREDIENT CHOCOLATE BANANA ICE CREAM - THE ...
4.9/5 (62)Calories 166 per servingCategory Dessert
- Place the frozen bananas, cocoa powder, almond butter, and your choice of milk into your food processor. Pulse until the bananas are mostly broken down.
CHOCOLATE BANANA ICE CREAM RECIPE (HEALTHY) | THE PICKY EATER
5/5 (4)Calories 177 per servingCategory Dessert
- Add the yogurt and blend 1-2 minutes or until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Add the chocolate and walnuts and pulse a few times until incorporated. Add any mix-ins you like as well at this point.
- Serve immediately, or place in the freezer for 30-60 minutes for a firmer, more ice cream-like consistency.
BANANA ICE CREAM - CHOCOLATE CHIP | HEALTHY RECIPES | WW ...
Cuisine CanadianCategory DessertServings 4Total Time 5 hrs 5 mins
- Blend bananas in food processor until smooth, and add in flavor during the last few pulses of blending.
HEALTHY CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA “ICE CREAM” CUPS FOR ...
Category DessertEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
NO-CHURN CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA ICE CREAM RECIPE - AN ...
5/5 (1)Total Time 5 hrs 20 minsCategory Dessert, SnackCalories 530 per serving
5-MINUTE MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA ICE CREAM! - PARTY IN ...
5/5 (1)Category Dessert, SnackCuisine Raw, Vegan, Plant-BasedTotal Time 5 mins
BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM – INTEGRATIVE NUTRITION ...
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM RECIPES
BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM – FOOD THINKERS
BANANA ICE CREAM - CHOCOLATE CHIP | PORTER & CHARLES
EASIEST WAY TO PREPARE QUICK CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE-CREAM PIE ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
Can you make chocolate chip ice cream with Frozen bananas?Remove frozen bananas from the freezer and let set out for about 5 minutes while you set up your food processor or blender. You want the bananas to softened just a bit, but still be frozen. Place the bananas in the food processor and pulse/blend until smooth and creamy. Stir in ½ cup mini chocolate chips.
What do you use to make banana ice cream bites?Frozen bananas and mini chocolate chips are all it takes to make these tasty little 2-Ingredient Banana Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Bites that are the perfect healthy summer treat! Well, ready or not, summer is here!
How much peanut butter to make chocolate chip banana ice cream?Starting with bananas is like starting with a blank slate – the flavors are endless! I’m currently crushing on peanut butter chocolate chip. For every one banana, add 1 tablespoon of peanut butter to the food processor. Fold in 1 ½ tablespoons of chocolate chips or chocolate chunks at the end.
Do you need a food processor to make banana ice cream?My homemade peanut butter chocolate chip banana ice cream recipe uses just one main ingredient and you don’t need an ice cream maker – just a food processor or a blender! When you have too many overripe bananas, you can make fun things like caramelized banana bread or banana bread muffins or banana nut muffins with crumb topping.