Provided by Robert Irvine : Food Network
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- For the carbonara base sauce: Put the pancetta in a cold saute pan and then put it over medium-high heat. When the fat starts to melt, stir the pancetta once in a while so it doesn't burn in the pan. Allow the pancetta to cook in the rendered fat until crispy and brown, about 30 minutes. Remove the pancetta pieces to a plate lined with paper towels, saving the fat in the pan.
- Whisk the flour into the pancetta fat to make a roux and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring so it does not burn. Whisk the milk into the the roux. (Transfer to a large pot if your saute pan is not big enough to hold the sauce.) Allow the sauce to gently simmer for 15 minutes, stirring regularly. Whisk in the Parmesan and season with some salt and pepper. Simmer to melt the cheese, another 2 to 3 minutes. Hold warm for serving.
- To finish the dish: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, season the shrimp with some salt and pepper. Heat a large saute pan over high heat until it begins to smoke. Add the oil and then, working in batches if necessary, cook the shrimp to get a golden brown sear, 2 to 3 minutes per side. You do not want to overcrowd the pan. Add more oil between batches if necessary. Squeeze the juice of 1 of the lemons over the shrimp, add the butter to the pan and remove from the heat to let the shrimp rest.
- Bring the carbonara base sauce back up to a simmer. Add the pasta to the sauce and then add the peas and cooked pancetta. Adjust the consistency of the sauce with water if needed.
- Add the shrimp to the pan with the pasta, toss and then season with some salt and pepper to taste. Add a squeeze of lemon juice from the remaining lemon.
- To plate, divide the pasta and sauce among 6 bowls and arrange the pasta. Garnish with the parsley.
Turn your kitchen into the best Italian place in town with this Shrimp Carbonara. In 25 minutes you'll have classic Shrimp Carbonara. Buon appetito!
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 6 servings, 1 cup each
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cook spaghetti in large saucepan as directed on package, omitting salt. Meanwhile, cook and stir bacon in large skillet until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet with slotted spoon, reserving 1 Tbsp. drippings in skillet. Drain bacon on paper towels.
- Mix cream cheese spread, milk and seasonings until blended. Add shrimp to reserved bacon drippings in skillet; cook and stir on medium heat 5 min. or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in peas; cook 1 min. Add cream cheese mixture; cook and stir 3 min. or until heated through.
- Drain spaghetti; return to pan. Add shrimp mixture and bacon; mix lightly. Top with Parmesan.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 410, Fat 17 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 180 mg, Sodium 1000 mg, Carbohydrate 36 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 3 g, Protein 27 g
OLIVE GARDEN CHICKEN AND SHRIMP CARBONARA
Olive Garden's new entree, Chicken & Shrimp Carbonara, was inspired by the chef's recent trip to Rome. A staple in Italian cuisine, Carbonara traces its roots to a hearty meal popularized by charcoal workers in Italian villages. Olive Garden's Carbonara combines chicken and shrimp with bucatini pasta in a pancetta and parmesan cream sauce. Baked and topped with seasoned breadcrumbs, the entrée takes an exciting twist on a classic dish. To learn more about the new menu item, visit www.olivegardennewfavorites.com.
Provided by angela.rambo
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 26
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Whisk extra virgin olive oil together with hot water, seasoning and chopped garlic. Add the chicken strips (or shrimp). Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and bacon bits. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add flour, Parmesan cheese, heavy cream, milk, pepper and salt to your bacon/butter base. Use a wire whisk to whip all ingredients together. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and allow to simmer.
- Combine Romano, Parmesan, mozzarella, panko, chopped garlic, melted butter and chopped parsley in a mixing bowl. Stir until well blended. Set aside.
- Preheat large skillet. Add chicken (or shrimp) to pan. Add red peppers and bacon bits. Cook for 3 more minutes or until cooked on both sides and internal temperatures reach 165ºF for chicken and 155ºF for shrimp.
- Add sauce. Stir until well blended.
- Place hot, precooked pasta on a lager serving platter. Top with chicken (or shrimp) and sauce. Evenly distribute topping over top of chicken (or shrimp). Place in oven until top is golden brown.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
CHICKEN AND SHRIMP CARBONARA
My wife and I went to that popular Italian-American restaurant chain for dinner recently, and I had their shrimp and chicken carbonara. It was absolutely delicious and I thought, 'What the heck, I'll try making this at home.' I found a few recipes online, but none grabbed me. After studying several recipes, I came up with this recipe on my own. It's fairly simple to make, and my wife said it was better than the original.
Provided by Kitchen Commander
Categories World Cuisine Recipes European Italian
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Cook and stir chicken with 1 tablespoon garlic and 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning, until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer chicken to a bowl and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon garlic and 1 tablespoon olive oil in the same pan. Fry shrimp until red on the outside and white on the inside, 6 to 8 minutes. Place with the chicken.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Cook linguine at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain.
- Add bacon to the pan; cook until just crispy, not crunchy, about 6 minutes. Drain on 2 paper towels. Saute onion in the bacon grease until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- While onion is sauteeing, mix cream, Parmesan cheese, egg yolks, salt, pepper, and remaining Italian seasoning together in a bowl.
- Pour wine into the pan with the onions. Increase heat and bring to a boil. Cook until wine is mostly evaporated, about 2 minutes. Add the creamy egg mixture and reduce heat. Simmer until sauce begins to thicken, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the chicken and shrimp; mix to coat. Serve on top of pasta.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 956.4 calories, Carbohydrate 66.3 g, Cholesterol 407.2 mg, Fat 54 g, Fiber 3.7 g, Protein 50.7 g, SaturatedFat 23.5 g, Sodium 918.3 mg, Sugar 3.8 g
Shrimp and spaghetti noodles are covered in a carbonara-style sauce. Bacon is omitted, and skim milk is used as the base of the sauce to cut calories but not flavor.
Provided by CHETNEY
Categories Main Dish Recipes Pasta Spaghetti Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain and immediately return spaghetti to pot.
- While spaghetti is cooking, place shrimp in a large pan over medium heat. Add 1/2 the olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir until shrimp is mostly opaque, about 5 minutes. Add shrimp to the pot of cooked and drained pasta; cover and keep warm.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in the same pan. Cook and stir onion until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more. Add milk and half-and-half; cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the milk mixture into a bowl; add eggs and stir until warmed through. Pour into the pot with the shrimp and pasta and add the milk mixture. Top with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 471.4 calories, Carbohydrate 60.5 g, Cholesterol 170.5 mg, Fat 14.1 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 24.2 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Sodium 337.8 mg, Sugar 4.9 g
THE BEST CARBONARA
Now this is our idea of comfort food. Creamy and rich, it's the quintessential dish for a chilly evening. We like to splurge every once in a while and add a knob of butter to the cheesy egg sauce just to round it out. We've left that option up to you, however. Either way, we can't think of a more classic or satisfying pasta dish.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Whisk together the eggs, yolks, Parmesan, Pecorino, pepper and butter if using in a large bowl until well combined.
- Add the pasta and cook as the label directs. Reserve 1 cup cooking water, then drain the pasta.
- Meanwhile, cook the pancetta in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, about 8 minutes. Add the spaghetti and half the reserved pasta cooking water to the skillet and toss to combine.
- Add the egg mixture and toss to coat. Cook, tossing continuously to avoid scrambling the eggs, until the sauce is creamy, thinning it with the remaining pasta water if it becomes too thick (it should be saucy but not watery), about 1 minute.
- Divide the pasta among plates and sprinkle with more grated Parmesan.
15 MINUTE SHRIMP CARBONARA FETTUCCINE
Make and share this 15 Minute Shrimp Carbonara Fettuccine recipe from Food.com.
Provided by looneytunesfan
Categories < 30 Mins
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Prepare pasta noodles according to package directions, adding peas for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Drain; immediately return pasta and peas to pan.
- Add remaining ingredients, tossing well until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 452.4, Fat 12.4, SaturatedFat 6.3, Cholesterol 241.2, Sodium 503.1, Carbohydrate 47.9, Fiber 3.7, Sugar 3.3, Protein 35.9
More about "shrimp carbonara recipes"
EASY CREAMY SHRIMP CARBONARA - MOM'S DINNER
5/5 (6)Total Time 25 minsCategory DinnerCalories 746 per serving
- This recipe comes together really quickly, so I HIGHLY RECCOMEND that you prep all the ingredients before getting started.Put salted water on to boil, slice the bacon, place the egg in warm water to bring to room temp, mince the garlic, measure out the butter, pepper flakes, salt, and parmesan cheese, also chop the parsley.
- In a food processor or blender add the egg, minced garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, softened butter, and parmesan cheese. Blend for about 15 seconds until it is creamy. You may need to stop and scrape the sides down. Set the butter mixture aside for now.
SHRIMP CARBONARA - DAMN DELICIOUS
4.8/5 (9)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 4
SHRIMP CARBONARA | IGA RECIPES
SIMPLE CARBONARA RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
SHRIMP CARBONARA - CLOSET COOKING
BEST SHRIMP SPAGHETTI CARBONARA RECIPE - DELISH.COM
CARBONARA SHRIMP ALFREDO WITH BACON - CAFE DELITES
SHRIMP CARBONARA - CHEERFUL COOK
10 BEST SHRIMP CARBONARA RECIPES | YUMMLY
RACH'S CARBONARA | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
SHRIMP CARBONARA (CREAMY AND DELISH) - EASY AND DELISH
4/5 (3)Total Time 30 minsCategory MainCalories 668 per serving
CHICKEN AND SHRIMP CARBONARA - SIMPLY HOME COOKED
SPAGHETTI CARBONARA RECIPE WITH CHICKEN - THERESCIPES.INFO
RECIPE FOR SHRIMP CARBONARA - LETS MAKE FOOD AND EAT WITH …
CHICKEN AND SHRIMP CARBONARA (OLIVE GARDEN COPYCAT)
SHRIMP SPAGHETTI CARBONARA + WINE PAIRING - CALL ME PMC
CREAMY CHICKEN AND SHRIMP CARBONARA RECIPE - YUMMY ADDICTION
CREAMY SHRIMP CARBONARA, NO PASTA NECESSARY! - LITTLE PINE KITCHEN
SHRIMP PRIMAVERA CARBONARA RECIPE | BERTOLLI
CREAMY SHRIMP CARBONARA RECIPE - BY ANDREA JANSSEN
CREAMY SHRIMP CARBONARA RECIPE - HOME CHEF
EASY SHRIMP CAJUN CARBONARA RECIPE WITHOUT CREAM
CARBONARA WITH SAFFRON & SHRIMP - RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
SHRIMP AND BACON PASTA CARBONARA - DISHES & DUST BUNNIES
CREAMY SHRIMP CARBONARA RECIPE | THEHUB FROM WALMART CANADA
CHICKEN AND SHRIMP CARBONARA | BETTER THAN OLIVE GARDEN
CHICKEN AND SHRIMP CARBONARA RECIPE: A HEARTY, HIGH-PROTEIN …
EASY CHICKEN AND SHRIMP CARBONARA PASTA – BEST HOMEMADE …
CAJUN SHRIMP CARBONARA - CREOLE CAJUN CHEF
CREAMY CARBONARA WITH BLACKENED SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS
CARBONARA WITH SHRIMP AND CORN - BUTTER & BAGGAGE
SHRIMP CARBONARA WITH SWEET POTATO "PASTA" | WELLNESS MAMA
COPYCAT OLIVE GARDEN CHICKEN AND SHRIMP CARBONARA RECIPE
CHICKEN AND SHRIMP CARBONARA - THEBRILLIANTKITCHEN.COM
OLIVE GARDEN SHRIMP CARBONARA WITH CHICKEN - COPYKAT RECIPES
SHRIMP ASPARAGUS CARBONARA - CREME DE LA CRUMB
BEST CREAMY SHRIMP CARBONARA RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
CREAMY SHRIMP CARBONARA RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
10 BEST SHRIMP CARBONARA WITH BACON RECIPES | YUMMLY
EASY 20 MINUTE CORN AND SHRIMP CARBONARA RECIPE
SHRIMP CARBONARA - GRATEFUL
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love