ESPRESSO-CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD WITH ESPRESSO-CINNAMON BUTTER
Provided by Bobby Flay
Yield One 9-inch loaf
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Make the banana bread: Adjust an oven rack to the lowest position and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch loaf pan with the softened butter. Place the 5 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan set over medium heat and cook until the butter turns a deep golden brown color, about 2 minutes; stir in the espresso powder. Remove and let cool slightly.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda and kosher salt together in a medium bowl.
- Using a potato masher, mash the bananas in a medium bowl until pretty smooth. Add the sugars, cooled brown butter and egg and whisk until combined. Add the flour mixture and whisk until just combined, don't over-mix. Fold in the chopped chocolate.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake on the lowest oven rack until a toothpick inserted into the center of the banana bread comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached, 40 to 50 minutes. Let the banana bread cool on a baking rack in the pan for 15 minutes. Use a knife to separate the edges of the banana bread from the pan, then invert it and cool the loaf directly on the rack for at least 30 minutes before slicing.
- Make the espresso-cinnamon butter: Stir the butter, sugar, espresso, cinnamon and salt together in a small bowl until smooth. Serve with the banana bread.
MOST REQUESTED BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray muffin cups with cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- Beat sugar, butter, flax seed, vanilla, and eggs together in a bowl with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Sift flour, salt, and baking soda together in a separate bowl. Mix creamed sugar mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, into the flour mixture until fully incorporated and batter is stiff. Beat bananas into batter with an electric mixer on low. Fold chocolate chips and walnuts into batter; spoon into the prepared muffin cups, filling each cup 3/4 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Cool in the tins for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 219.2 calories, Carbohydrate 29.5 g, Cholesterol 30.8 mg, Fat 10.5 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 3.9 g, SaturatedFat 4.2 g, Sodium 236.7 mg, Sugar 14.8 g
BANANA ESPRESSO CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
from "handle the heat" - http://www.handletheheat.com/2010/12/recipe-makeover-banana-espresso.html
Provided by ellie3763
Categories Quick Breads
Yield 12 muffins, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the mashed bananas, sugars, applesauce, milk, and egg.
- Add the flours, instant espresso powder, baking soda, and salt to banana mixture. Stir until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill each muffin cup about three-quarters full. Bake in the center of the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Move the muffin pan to a cooling rack, and let cool for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, remove the muffins from the pan and let them finish cooling on the cooling rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 187, Fat 5, SaturatedFat 2.7, Cholesterol 15.8, Sodium 365.7, Carbohydrate 35.5, Fiber 2.6, Sugar 18.9, Protein 3.4
ESPRESSO CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a 12-cup muffin tin by either lining the cups with paper liners or greasing them well.
- For the topping, stir together the brown sugar and flour in a small bowl. Using your fingers or the back of a fork, work in the butter until the mixture has a crumbly texture. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter until light and fluffy. Gradually add the sugar and beat until well blended. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the sour cream, eggs, espresso, and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients to the butter, alternating with the liquid in 3 batches, ending with the liquid ingredients. Use a wooden spoon to stir in the chocolate chips.
- Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full with batter and sprinkle with the topping. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 15 to 18 minutes. Turn the muffins out onto a wire rack to cool slightly, then serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 467.2, Fat 22, SaturatedFat 13.2, Cholesterol 72.5, Sodium 383.6, Carbohydrate 64.6, Fiber 2.2, Sugar 33.9, Protein 6.2
CHOCOLATE ESPRESSO BANANA MUFFINS
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 18 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Pour melted butter into the bowl of an electric mixer and add brown sugar, eggs, and bananas. Mix until combined. Mix in all-purpose flour, oat flour, cocoa, espresso, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda until combined.
- Spoon batter evenly into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tops spring back when lightly pressed, about 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 162.4 calories, Carbohydrate 24.7 g, Cholesterol 34.2 mg, Fat 6.4 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 2.9 g, SaturatedFat 3.6 g, Sodium 175.6 mg, Sugar 10.3 g
More about "banana espresso chocolate chip muffins recipes"
EASY BANANA MUFFINS WITH CHOCOLATE CHIPS - INSPIRED …
BANANA ESPRESSO CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS - SWEET PEA'S KITCHEN
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin cups with muffin liners or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the flour, instant espresso powder, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the well and stir just until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill each cup about 3/4 full. Bake in the center of the oven for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
BANANA ESPRESSO CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS / THE GRATEFUL …
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 35 minsCategory Bread/BreakfastCalories 304 per serving
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and spray a standard size 12 cup muffin tin with non-stick spray. Place really ripe bananas in a large mixing bowl, and mash them "silly" with a fork. Add granulated and brown sugars, melted butter, milk, and then the egg. Stir the ingredients really well together until blended. (No need for a mixer; use a spoon!)
- In a separate, large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and espresso powder. Whisk together. Create a well right in the middle of the dry ingredients, then pour in the banana mixture, and stir to combine. Next add the chocolate chips (I used mini chips), and fold them into the batter, only until ingredients are combined.
- Divide the muffin batter equally between prepared muffin cups. The mixture should fill each cup about 3/4 of the way. Place muffins in preheated oven on the middle rack. Bake them for 20 to 25 minutes (oven temps very greatly- mine were ready at 22 minutes). Test their doneness by inserting a toothpick into center of muffin. If it comes out clean, the muffins are ready to remove from oven! The muffin tops should be golden brown in color. Once the muffins are out of the oven, let them cool for about 15 minutes (still in the muffin tin) on a wire rack. After 15 minutes, transfer muffins from the pan to the wire rack, and let them finish cooling down. Serve... and ENJOY!
BANANA ESPRESSO CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS - SIMPLY UNBEETABLE
4.3/5 (18)Total Time 36 mins
- Begin by adding your bananas to a large mixing bowl and mash until smooth. Then, add both eggs to the same bowl and whisk.
- Then, melt the butter and add it to the bowl with the bananas, eggs and sugar and whisk everything together once more.
BANANA ESPRESSO CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS - HANDLE THE HEAT
4.8/5 (31)Total Time 40 minsCategory Breakfast
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the flour, instant espresso powder, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the well and stir until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill each cup about three-quarters full. Bake in the center of the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
BANANA ESPRESSO CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS - PINTEREST.COM
ESPRESSO CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
CHOCOLATE CHIP ESPRESSO MUFFINS - NANA'S LITTLE KITCHEN
BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS - PRETTY. SIMPLE. SWEET. - EASY …
BANANA ESPRESSO CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
BANANA ESPRESSO CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS - SWEET RECIPEAS
BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS - SPEND WITH PENNIES
BANANA ESPRESSO CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS - BLOG.KSVADL.COM
BANANA ESPRESSO CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS FROM BAKED: NEW …
SWEET MAGNOLIA BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP ESPRESSO MUFFINS
ESPRESSO BANANA MUFFINS WITH MINI CHOCOLATE CHIPS
BANANA ESPRESSO CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS FROM BAKED BAKERY
BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS - CAMINO
BANANA ESPRESSO CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS RECIPE | THE BATTER …
BANANA CHOCOLATE CHUNK ESPRESSO MUFFINS - A BEAUTIFUL PLATE
ESPRESSO BANANA MUFFINS + CHOCOLATE ESPRESSO GLAZE - FLOUR …
BANANA CHOCOLATE ESPRESSO SWIRL MUFFINS - BAKE FROM SCRATCH
BANANA NUTELLA MUFFINS – MY ROI LIST
CHOCOLATE CHIP ESPRESSO BANANA BREAD MUFFINS - PALEOMG
BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS WITH CINNAMON STREUSEL
BANANA ESPRESSO CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS - EVERYDAY ANNIE
VEGAN ESPRESSO CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS - WE MADE THIS VEGAN
ESPRESSO CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS - 2 COOKIN MAMAS
CHOCOLATE ESPRESSO MUFFINS : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
ESPRESSO CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA NUT MUFFINS - FIESTA FRIDAY
MOCHA CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA MUFFINS RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
CHOCOLATE-GLAZED ESPRESSO & CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD …
ESPRESSO CHOCOLATE MUFFINS RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
BANANA ESPRESSO CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS - SMELLS LIKE HOME
DARK CHOCOLATE BANANA MUFFINS - SWEET PEA'S KITCHEN
BANANA ESPRESSO CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS - PASTRY AFFAIR
BANANA ESPRESSO CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS [VIDEO] | CHOCOLATE CHIP …
BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS - ONCE UPON A CHEF
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
Do you make banana muffins with espresso powder?I love banana muffins of all kinds… but if you add in some chocolate chips, and just a smidge of espresso powder giving them an extra level of flavor… whoa… those sounded like muffins I wanted to try! I found the original recipe on Pinterest and decided to whip up a batch to have around for breakfast or a yummy snack!
What is the best way to make banana muffins?Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and spray a standard size 12 cup muffin tin with non-stick spray. Place really ripe bananas in a large mixing bowl, and mash them "silly" with a fork. Add granulated and brown sugars, melted butter, milk, and then the egg.
What flavors go well with espresso banana muffins?I landed on these espresso banana muffins with a chocolate espresso glaze. Chocolate, banana, and espresso are all really comforting flavors that complement each other well. I think you’ll find that each flavor in these muffins comes through clearly without overpowering either of the other two. Please note that this page contains affiliate links.
How do you make espresso muffins with espresso granules?I simply added twice as much instant espresso to my boiling water as the package instructions called for! The batter includes instant espresso granules as well, and it should yield exactly 12 muffins. Fill each muffin cup about ¾ of the way full with the batter.