BANANA PUDDING WITH HOMEMADE VANILLA WAFERS
- For the pudding: Combine the sugar and cornstarch in a skillet. Gradually stir in the cream, making sure that all of the cornstarch dissolves. Set over medium heat and stir continuously, dragging the spoon along the bottom of the pan until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Whisk the egg yolks in a bowl. Mix a spoonful of the hot cream mixture into the eggs to warm them without cooking. Add the warm egg mixture to the skillet with the cream, then add the butter and vanilla. Stir until the butter is melted; remove from the heat and pour into a heat-proof bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing onto the surface of the pudding. Set aside to cool.
- Mash the bananas in a bowl, add them to the cooled pudding and mix together until well incorporated.
- For the vanilla wafers: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- With an electric hand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until combined. Next, add the egg, vanilla and baking powder and beat until smooth and fluffy. Add the flour, milk and salt and beat until completely incorporated.
- Use 2 spoons to drop teaspoon-size dollops of the batter onto ungreased baking sheets. With a dampened finger, smooth the tops of the cookies. Bake until light brown around the edges, 6 to 7 minutes, rotating the baking sheets halfway through for even cooking. Allow to cool.
- For the whipped Cream: Pour the cream into a large mixing bowl and beat using an electric mixer. Once the cream starts to thicken, add the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and salt and beat until light and fluffy.
- Line the bottom of a trifle dish with some vanilla wafers, then add a layer of banana pudding and a layer of whipped cream. Continue to layer, ending with a layer of pudding. Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours before serving.
NILLA WAFERS ORIGINAL BANANA PUDDING
From Cook.com. In a Ted Allen blog, he gave the link to this recipe as his favorite way to make this pudding. Once you'll make it, you'll be hooked.
Provided by AniSarit
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar, flour and salt in top of double boiler.
- Stir in 4 egg yolks and milk; blend well.
- Cook, uncovered, over boiling water, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Reduce heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add vanilla.
- Spread small amount on bottom of 1 1/2 quart casserole; cover with layer of Nilla Wafers. Top with layer of sliced bananas.
- Pour about 1/3 of the custard over bananas. Continue to layer wafers, bananas and custard to make 3 layers each, ending with custard.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry; gradually add remaining 1/4 cup sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Spoon on top of pudding, spreading to cover entire surface and sealing well to edges.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 5 minutes or until delicately browned.
- Cool slightly or chill.
- Just before serving, garnish with banana slices, then stand Nilla Wafers upright around edge of dish.
THE BEST BANANA PUDDING
- In a large mixing bowl, beat pudding mix and milk 2 minutes. Blend in condensed milk until smooth. Stir in vanilla and fold in whipped topping. Layer wafers, bananas and pudding mixture in a glass serving bowl. Chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 328.9 calories, Carbohydrate 56.9 g, Cholesterol 8.6 mg, Fat 9.6 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 4.2 g, SaturatedFat 5.4 g, Sodium 205.2 mg, Sugar 29.1 g
BANANA PUDDING WITH VANILLA WAFERS
- Combine sugar and flour in a large bowl.
- Combine egg yolks and water in a second bowl and beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the sugar mixture and mix until batter is well combined.
- Pour milk into a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Add batter and stir until mixture thickens and comes to a boil, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in bananas and vanilla extract.
- Layer vanilla wafers and banana pudding alternately into a glass bowl. Cool before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 578 calories, Carbohydrate 109.8 g, Cholesterol 112.2 mg, Fat 13.1 g, Fiber 3.2 g, Protein 8.7 g, SaturatedFat 4.5 g, Sodium 183.9 mg, Sugar 66.2 g
Think of this as a quicker, stir-together version of traditional banana pudding - same great flavor but less fuss.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 to 8 servings (about 6 cups)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat 4 cups of the milk in a large saucepan over medium heat until steaming.
- Whisk the sugar, cornstarch and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Whisk in the egg yolks and the remaining 1/2 cup milk.
- Whisk half of the hot milk into the egg mixture until smooth, then gradually whisk the egg-milk mixture into the pan. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until the mixture boils. Continue to whisk until it has thickened to a puddinglike consistency, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Cool slightly, stirring a few times to prevent a skin from forming. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of the pudding and refrigerate until completely cooled and thickened, about 4 hours.
- One hour before serving, whisk the pudding vigorously until smooth and creamy. Gently fold in 3/4 of the sliced bananas. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour. Fold in the vanilla wafers, spoon the pudding into six to eight individual cups and top with the remaining banana slices.
6-INGREDIENT BANANA PUDDING
- Prepare the pudding as directed on box.
- Mix in sweetened milk and vanilla flavoring.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Line bottom of dish with vanilla wafers.
- Spread pudding mixture over vanilla wafers.
- Add a layer of sliced bananas .
- Continue layers of pudding, vanilla wafers and bananas, ending with pudding.
- Can top with whole and/or crushed vanilla wafers if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 398.6, Fat 15.3, SaturatedFat 9.3, Cholesterol 11.2, Sodium 305.8, Carbohydrate 63, Fiber 1.5, Sugar 38.4, Protein 4.5
More about "banana pudding with homemade vanilla wafers recipes"
VANILLA WAFER BANANA PUDDING | I HEART RECIPES
EASY BANANA PUDDING RECIPE WITH VANILLA WAFERS - FOR …
10 BEST BANANA PUDDING VANILLA WAFERS RECIPES - YUMMLY
PERFECT BANANA PUDDING RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SOUTHERN BANANA PUDDING RECIPE WITH HOMEMADE …
VANILLA WAFER BANANA PUDDING RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
QUICK AND EASY BANANA PUDDING RECIPE - OLDTIMEKNOWLEDGE
EASY BANANA PUDDING WITH VANILLA WAFERS - SOUTHERN KISSED
RECIPES BANANA PUDDING VANILLA WAFERS
RECIPE: BANANA PUDDING – TEXAS MONTHLY
BANANA PUDDING WITH VANILLA WAFERS RECIPE - QUICK & EASY
BANANA PUDDINGS WITH VANILLA BEAN WAFERS – SMITTEN KITCHEN
HOMEMADE BANANA PUDDING - MY BAKING ADDICTION
FRENCH VANILLA BANANA PUDDING WITH NILLA WAFERS
BANANA PUDDING WITH HOMEMADE VANILLA WAFERS RECIPE | KITCHEN …
BANANA PUDDING WITH HOMEMADE WAFERS - LOVELESS CAFE
BANANA PUDDING WITH VANILLA WAFERS RECIPE : BOOK RECIPES
EASY HOMEMADE BANANA PUDDING WITH VANILLA WAFERS
10 BEST BANANA PUDDING VANILLA WAFERS RECIPES - YUMMLY
RECIPE BANANA PUDDING VANILLA WAFERS NABISCO
NO BAKE BANANA PUDDING RECIPE SOUR CREAM - NANNIE LUSK
NO-BAKE BANANA PUDDING WITH VANILLA WAFERS: RETRO RECIPE
EASY NILLA WAFER BANANA PUDDING RECIPE - HANGRY FORK
BANANA PUDDING RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
13 AWESOME WAYS TO USE VANILLA WAFERS | MYRECIPES
BANANA PUDDING WITH VANILLA WAFER CRUMBLE RECIPE
AUNT OPAL'S BANANA PUDDING RECIPE - MAGNOLIA
EASY NO BAKE BANANA PUDDING CHEESECAKE RECIPE
BANANA PUDDING WITH VANILLA WAFER CRUMBLE RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
DELICIOUS RECIPE BANANA PUDDING WITH VANILLA WAFERS
PIONEER WOMAN BANANA PUDDING - CHEFS & RECIPES
VANILLA WAFER BANANA PUDDING - BITE YOUR CRAVINGS
NO BAKE SOUTHERN BANANA PUDDING RECIPE | NANCY'S BLOG
HOMEMADE BANANA PUDDING - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
HOMEMADE BANANA PUDDING CUPS ~ BARLEY & SAGE
BANANA PUDDING WITH HOMEMADE VANILLA WAFERS - LOST RECIPES …
NO BAKE BANANA PUDDING RECIPE SOUR CREAM - CARITA HOUGH
THE BEST HOMEMADE BANANA PUDDING (FROM SCRATCH) - A MIND …
INSTANT BANANA PUDDING DESSERT - THERESCIPES.INFO
BANANA PUDDING WITH HOMEMADE VANILLA WAFERS RECIPE | NANCY …
BANANA PUDDING PIE RECIPE JELLO - THERESCIPES.INFO
BANANA PUDDING WITH HOMEMADE VANILLA WAFERS #SHORTS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make banana pudding with vanilla extract?Pour milk into a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Add batter and stir until mixture thickens and comes to a boil, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in bananas and vanilla extract. Layer vanilla wafers and banana pudding alternately into a glass bowl. Cool before serving.
How to make banana banana pudding with Nilla wafers?Add a layer of sliced bananas on top of the Nilla Wafers. Pour half the pudding on top of the bananas. Repeat with another layer of Nilla Wafers, a layer of banana slices, and the other half of the vanilla pudding. Make the whipped cream or get out the defrosted whipped topping. Spread the whipped cream or whipped topping on top.
How to make banana pudding with Cool Whip?Step 1: Add contents of pudding mix to a large mixing bowl. Add milk and whisk until the mixture is smooth. Let the pudding mixture sit for a couple of minutes to thicken. Step 2: Meanwhile, slice bananas and coarsely crush vanilla wafers. Step 3: Blend Cool Whip into the pudding mixture. Fold in bananas and crushed cookies.
How to make banana bread with vanilla wafers?Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line a 9-by-9-inch glass baking pan with one layer of vanilla wafers. Top the wafers with one layer of banana slices. Add the sugar and flour to a medium saucepan off the heat. Stir to combine, then stir in half of the milk. In a medium bowl, beat the egg yolks until they are light in color.