BANANA SPLIT ICE CREAM CAKE
Every time they visit, my children and grandkids request this fantastic frozen dessert. It takes time to assemble, but it's worth the effort when I see all those smiling faces. -Gladys M. Abee, McKee, Kentucky
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a small bowl, combine the crushed cones, walnuts and butter; press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. , In another small bowl, combine 3 cups yogurt, bananas and extract if desired. Spread over crust. In a small bowl, combine fudge topping and walnuts; spread over yogurt. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm. , Top with remaining yogurt; spread with strawberry topping. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight until firm. Garnish with whipped topping.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 619 calories, Fat 26g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 33mg cholesterol, Sodium 184mg sodium, Carbohydrate 86g carbohydrate (54g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 10g protein.
BANANA SPLIT ICE CREAM
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, flour, salt, milk and evaporated milk. Cook, stirring, until bubbles form at edges and mixture is slightly thickened. Pour a small amount of hot milk into the beaten eggs, stirring to combine. Then remove milk mixture from heat and stir the eggs into the milk until fully incorporated.
- Stir in vanilla, chocolate milk, strawberries, bananas and pineapple with its juice. Pour into the freezer canister of an ice cream maker, adding milk as needed to bring to fill line. Chill in refrigerator until quite cold, then freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 144.3 calories, Carbohydrate 25.8 g, Cholesterol 43.2 mg, Fat 3.1 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 4.3 g, SaturatedFat 1.6 g, Sodium 95.8 mg, Sugar 22.3 g
BANANA SPLIT SUNDAE CAKE
Monkeys young and old will love this mash-up of banana split, ice cream cake and sundae. Make sure to cook the butter in the cake to a deep brown-it should smell very toasty when it's done, and it will give the cake a rich, nutty flavor. You can make the chocolate sauce a few hours ahead of time and hold it at room temperature.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 18
- For the banana ice cream cake: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9-by-13-inch baking pan.
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat until nutty brown. Immediately remove from the heat and reserve.
- Whisk the flour with the baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Vigorously whisk the bananas with the browned butter in a large bowl until very well combined and creamy. Whisk the egg, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla into the banana mixture until smooth.
- Fold the flour mixture into the banana mixture with a rubber spatula until well combined. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread to cover completely; the layer will be thin. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 18 minutes. Cool completely on a rack, about 1 hour.
- Spread the ice cream evenly over the banana cake with a rubber spatula. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until firm, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- For the chocolate sauce: Combine the chocolate, cream, corn syrup, butter and salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk periodically as the mixture comes to a gentle simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. If the sauce starts to boil, turn down the heat. Cool 15 minutes before serving. Transfer to a bowl or small pitcher. (Yield: 1 2/3 cups.)
- For the caramelized bananas: Remove the cake from the freezer and let stand at room temperature. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the butter and swirl the pan. When the butter is completely melted, place the banana pieces cut-sides down in one layer in the pan. When they are nicely browned, after 4 to 5 minutes, flip the bananas. Cook until the other sides are browned and the bananas have softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- To serve, place desired toppings in bowls. Cut squares of the banana cake and divide among serving bowls. Let each person build a sundae with the chocolate sauce, caramelized bananas, and additional toppings.
- Copyright 2014 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
BANANA SPLIT ICE CREAM CAKE
Get set to impress with this ice cream cake with all of the familiar flavors and textures you'd find in a banana split, like a caramel banana jam, maraschino cherries suspended in vanilla ice cream, and a heavy hand of crushed peanuts sprinkled on top.
Provided by Alison Roman
Yield 16 Servings
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Chocolate-Cookie Crumble:
- Pulse cookies in a food processor until coarsely ground. Transfer to a large bowl and add coconut oil and salt. Mix with your hands until crumbs are coated in oil and mixture resembles wet sand.
- Press 2 cups cookie crumbs into the bottom of springform pan and freeze until ready to use. Spread out remaining crumbs on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet in an even layer (do not press). Freeze crumbs on baking sheet 30 minutes, then crumble into very small pieces with your hands. Freeze until ready to use.
- Caramel-Banana Jam:
- Bring sugar and 1/4 cup water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Cook, swirling pan occasionally, until caramel is a deep amber color, 8-10 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add bananas a few pieces at a time, stirring between additions. Add cream and salt and cook, stirring often, until bananas are almost entirely broken down (only a few chunks should remain), about 5 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl and let cool.
- Mix 2 1/2 pints ice cream in a large bowl with a wooden spoon until it resembles thick cake batter (it should be soft but not melted). Fold in 1 1/2 cups cookie crumble with a rubber spatula and scrape into pan with cookie crust; smooth top. Sprinkle 1 cup cookie crumble over ice cream, pressing lightly to adhere. Working quickly, scrape caramel-banana jam over cookie crumble and spread evenly. Top caramel with 1 cup cookie crumble. Freeze 20 minutes.
- Mix remaining 2 1/2 pints ice cream in the same bowl to cake-batter consistency. Fold in 1 3/4 cups cherries. Scrape into pan over cookie crumble and smooth top (it may come up over the edge of the pan). Top with remaining cookie crumble. Freeze cake until frozen, about 3 hours (or overnight).
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan. Let sit 5 minutes to soften. Add sugar and bring to a bare simmer, stirring to dissolve gelatin and sugar. Let cool slightly, then transfer to a large bowl and whisk in cream. Beat to medium peaks.
- Unmold cake (run a knife around the edge to help release, if needed) and transfer to a platter. Spread threequarters of whipped cream over sides and top of cake. Use remaining whipped cream to create dramatic height, swirling decoratively. Top with nuts and cherries with stems. Freeze cake at least 2 hours before serving. Slice with a warm knife.
- Do Ahead
- Cake can be frosted 1 day ahead; freeze uncovered.
BANANA-SPLIT ICE CREAM CAKE
Despite its all-American name, this no-bake dessert does not contain ice cream. Rather, it features vanilla semifreddo, an Italian frozen custard made with cream, sugar, egg yolks, and gelatin. Easy to slice and slow to melt, it's layered between store-bought chocolate wafers and banana slices and drizzled with caramel.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cake: In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons vanilla extract and 2 tablespoons water. Sprinkle with gelatin; let stand 5 minutes. Combine egg yolks and 1/2 cup granulated sugar in a heatproof bowl set over (but not in) a pot of simmering water. Whisk until pale and thickened, about 2 minutes. Whisk in gelatin mixture until dissolved. Transfer mixture to a cool bowl.
- Beat 2 1/2 cups cream with vanilla seeds on medium‐high speed to stiff peaks. Fold one third of whipped cream into gelatin mixture, then fold gelatin mixture into remaining cream.
- In a clean mixing bowl, beat egg whites on medium‐high speed to soft peaks. Gradually add 1/2 cup granulated sugar and beat to stiff peaks, 5 to 6 minutes. Fold into cream mixture. (You should have about 9 cups total.)
- Line a 9‐by‐13‐inch baking pan with plastic wrap, leaving a 4‐inch overhang on all sides. Arrange 18 cookies on bottom of pan, slightly overlapping. Arrange bananas over wafers in a single layer. Spread 4 cups cream mixture on top. Arrange 12 more cookies on top of cream. Fold halved cherries into remaining cream, then spread over cookies. Arrange remaining 12 cookies on top. Wrap in plastic and freeze at least 4 hours and up to 3 days.
- Caramel: In a small saucepan, stir together remaining 1 cup sugar, 1/4 cup water, and salt. Heat over medium, gently stirring occasionally, until sugar has dissolved and syrup is clear. Cook, without stirring, washing down sides of pan with a wet pastry brush a few times to prevent crystals from forming, until syrup comes to a boil. Continue to cook, gently swirling pan occasionally, until syrup is dark amber, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove caramel from heat; carefully pour in 1/2 cup cream (it will bubble). Stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla until smooth. Let cool completely. Sauce can be refrigerated in an airtight container up to 2 weeks; reheat in microwave or a small pot before serving.
- Assembly: Remove cake from freezer; invert onto a platter, using plastic to pull out (if it's sticking, rub sides and bottom of pan with a warm, moist kitchen towel to loosen). Remove plastic; if desired, trim cake edges. Drizzle with 1/2 cup caramel. Beat remaining 1 cup heavy cream with confectioners' sugar on medium‐high speed to stiff peaks; dollop over cake. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts and whole cherries; serve immediately with remaining caramel on the side.
BANANA SPLIT ICE CREAM CAKE
- Place a circle of parchment in the bottom of an 8-by-3-inch springform pan. Lightly coat bottom of pan with cooking spray to adhere parchment; set aside. Chill pan in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Beat 1 1/2 pints chocolate ice cream in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until soft but still holding its shape, 1 to 2 minutes. Using a small offset spatula or a spoon, spread the ice cream evenly on the bottom and up the sides of the springform pan. Work quickly, or the ice cream will not stay on the sides very long. If the ice cream starts to fall, return ice cream-lined pan to freezer for 10 minutes, and then finish lining. Transfer ice cream-lined pan to freezer until hardened, about 45 minutes.
- In the bowl of a food processor combine 2 bananas, milk, 1/4 cup sugar, and vanilla. Process 30 seconds or until smooth, and add remaining banana. Pulse until there are only small pieces of banana, about the size of peas. Transfer mixture to a bowl, and set aside.
- Remove the pan from the freezer, and spread half, about 3/4 cup, of the banana mixture into the bottom of the chocolate ice cream-lined pan. Return to the freezer until hardened, about 2 hours. Cover the remaining banana mixture with plastic wrap, and refrigerate. When hardened, remove the pan from the freezer; ladle 1 cup room-temperature Hot Fudge Sauce over the banana layer. Return to the freezer until hardened, about 15 minutes. Set aside the remaining fudge sauce to serve with the finished bombe, or store in a plastic container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Soften vanilla ice cream as above. Remove pan from the freezer, and add 1 cup softened vanilla ice cream, using a small offset spatula or spoon to spread it evenly. Return pan to freezer, and let ice cream harden, about 1 hour. The remaining soft vanilla ice cream can be returned to its container and stored in the freezer; it will soften quickly when you need it again.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spread the walnuts evenly on a baking pan, and toast them in the oven, about 7 minutes, until fragrant and lightly golden. Remove from the oven, and let cool. In a medium nonstick saute pan, combine remaining 1/4 cup sugar and water. Stir over medium-high heat until sugar is dissolved; stop stirring, and let boil. The sugar will begin to caramelize in the pan; you can pick up the pan and slightly swirl the sugar to allow for even caramelizing. Let the caramel turn to a dark golden brown, about 5 minutes, and immediately add the nuts to the pan. Turn off the heat. Using a wooden spoon, stir the nuts in the caramel to coat them evenly. Transfer the nuts directly onto a Silpat baking mat (a French nonstick baking mat), and spread them into an even layer. Let cool; break into small pieces.
- Remove ice cream mold from freezer, and sprinkle an even layer of nuts over vanilla layer. Remove banana mixture from the refrigerator, and spread the remaining 3/4 cup over the nuts. Quickly return mold to the freezer, and let chill. When banana layer has hardened, about 2 hours, resoften the remaining cup of vanilla ice cream and spread evenly with small offset spatula or spoon.
- When vanilla ice cream has hardened, soften the remaining cup of chocolate ice cream; remove mold from freezer. Add final layer of chocolate ice cream, spreading it all the way to the edges and smoothing the top. If chocolate ice cream extends above the inside rim of the mold, run your finger around the top of the inside of the rim to give a clean edge. Cover with plastic wrap, and place in freezer to chill, about 4 hours, or overnight. When ready to serve, remove mold from freezer, and dip in very hot water for a few seconds. Unlatch the ring, and gently pull away from the bombe. Using a parchment bottom allows the bombe to slide off the pan base. Transfer bombe to cutting board. Using a sharp knife, slice the bombe into wedges, and serve.
BANANA SPLIT ICE CREAM PIE RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: waffle cones, unsalted butter, bananas, chocolate ice cream, vanilla ice cream, strawberry ice cream, whipped cream, chopped peanut, maraschino cherry, chocolate syrup
Provided by Kiano Moju
Yield 8 serving
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Break the waffle cones into pieces and add to a food processor. Pulse until medium crumbs form.
- Pour in the melted butter, and pulse for another 20 seconds until the butter is incorporated.
- Pour the crust mixture into a 10-inch (25 cm) springform pan and press down with a spatula into an even layer. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Arrange the banana slices on top of the crust.
- Scoop the chocolate ice cream over the bananas and spread in an even layer. Freeze for 20 minutes. Repeat with the strawberry ice cream, then freeze for another 20 minutes. Add the vanilla ice cream, then freeze for 1 hour.
- Release the springform, and slice the cake. Top each slice with whipped cream, chopped peanuts, a cherry, and chocolate syrup.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1004 calories, Carbohydrate 129 grams, Fat 49 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 15 grams, Sugar 90 grams
BANANA SPLIT ICE CREAM CAKE
- Let the ice cream sit at room temperature for a few minutes to soften. Line a loaf pan with plastic wrap so that it hangs over the edges.
- Using a serrated knife, slice the pound cake horizontally into thirds. Place the top layer of the cake in the bottom of the pan cut-side up. Spread half of the ice cream on top, cover with the banana slices and sprinkle with half of the peanuts. Top with the middle layer of cake. Repeat with the remaining ice cream, followed by the strawberries and remaining peanuts. Top with the bottom layer of cake. Wrap tightly with plastic. Freeze at least 6 hours and up to overnight.
- Remove the cake from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Turn the cake out of the pan, remove the plastic wrap and use a serrated knife to cut into slices. Serve drizzled with hot fudge and topped with a dollop of whipped cream and a cherry.
BANANA SPLIT ICE CREAM CAKE
- Place strawberry ice cream in a refrigerator for about 30 minutes to soften slightly.
- Slice strawberry ice cream and place in the bottom of a 9x13-inch pan. Freeze until firm, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place chocolate ice cream in refrigerator to soften, about 30 minutes.
- Slice chocolate ice cream and spread over strawberry. Freeze until firm, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, soften vanilla ice cream in a refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Mash 3 bananas with lemon juice in a large bowl; stir in vanilla ice cream. Spread banana mixture evenly over the chocolate layer. Cover and freeze for at least 3 hours.
- Mix whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla extract together in a bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until soft peaks form.
- Place whipped cream in a decorator bag fitted with a large, 1/2-inch writing tube. Invert ice cream cake from the pan onto a chilled platter. Slice remaining banana on top of cake. Pipe large dollops of whipped cream on top of the banana slices. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts and garnish with cherries. Serve with chocolate syrup.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 337.3 calories, Carbohydrate 50.9 g, Cholesterol 47.1 mg, Fat 14.4 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 3.7 g, SaturatedFat 8.4 g, Sodium 75 mg, Sugar 36.5 g
More about "banana split ice cream cake recipes"
BANANA SPLIT ICE CREAM CAKE LOAF | EASY HOMEMADE ICE CREAM ...
Category DessertTotal Time 30 minsEstimated Reading Time 6 mins
- Line a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan with clear wrap or parchment paper (you’ll use that later to help get the cake out of the pan). 2
- . Combine 1/4 cup of strawberry puree, water, sugar and cornstarch in a small bowl. Microwave 10 seconds at a time, whisking well between each interval.
- . Once strawberry mixture begins to boil, microwave for about 15 more seconds, allowing it to boil, then whisk until smooth. Mixture should be thickened. Total time should be about 2 minutes. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
BANANA SPLIT ICE CREAM CAKE - LOVELY LITTLE KITCHEN
Servings 8Total Time 12 hrsEstimated Reading Time 3 minsCalories 801 per serving
- Scoop vanilla ice cream into the pan, allow it to soften, and smooth it into an even layer. Freeze until firm.
- Place a layer of thinly sliced bananas on top of the vanilla ice cream layer. Spread 1/2 cup hot fudge sauce over the bananas into an even layer. Freeze until firm.
- Scoop strawberry ice cream over the hot fudge layer, allow to soften and smooth into an even layer. Freeze until firm.
BANANA SPLIT ICE CREAM CAKE - 365 DAYS OF BAKING AND MORE
Reviews 10Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Cut a circle in some parchment paper by placing the 10-inch springform pan on top and trace around it. Place the circle into the bottom of the pan.
- Cut a 2-inch strip or strips in the parchment so that the final length is about 33 inches to line the side of the pan.
BANANA SPLIT ICE-CREAM SANDWICHES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 6Calories 267 per serving
- To prepare cookies, combine sugar and flour, stirring with a whisk. Add vanilla and egg, and beat with a mixer at medium speed 2 minutes. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Draw 6 (3-inch) circles on paper. Turn paper over, and secure with masking tape. Spoon about 1 tablespoon batter into center of each drawn circle; spread batter to outside edge of each circle. Bake at 350° for 6 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Carefully remove cookies from paper, and cool completely on wire racks. Repeat procedure with the remaining batter, reusing the parchment paper.
BANANA SPLIT CAKE - LIV FOR CAKE | CLASSIC CAKE RECIPES ...
Reviews 26Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
BANANA SPLIT ICE CREAM CAKE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
3.4/5 (59)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsServings 16
BANANA SPLIT ICE CREAM CAKE | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
BANANA SPLIT ICE CREAM CAKE - BROWN EYED BAKER
Reviews 70Category DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 12 hrs
BANANA SPLIT ICE CREAM CAKE | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY ...
BANANA SPLIT ICE CREAM CAKE | TASTY KITCHEN BLOG
BANANA SPLIT CAKE - INSANELY GOOD
5/5 (3)Category Desserts, RecipesServings 12Calories 748 per serving
BEST BANANA SPLIT ICE CREAM CAKE - HOW TO MAKE BANANA ...
Cuisine AmericanCategory Birthday, Feed a Crowd, DessertOccupation Food DirectorTotal Time 4 hrs 30 mins
BANANA SPLIT ICE CREAM CAKE - GEMMA’S BIGGER BOLDER BAKING
4.6/5 (15)Total Time 1 hr 35 minsCategory Dessert
PROPER TASTY - BANANA SPLIT ICE CREAM PIE | FACEBOOK
HOMEMADE BANANA SPLIT - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
MARTHA STEWART SHARES SCRUMPTIOUS BANANA-SPLIT ICE CREAM ...
BANANA SPLIT ICE CREAM CAKE RECIPE
BANANA SPLIT ICE CREAM CAKE RECIPE - BREYERS
BANANA SPLIT ICE CREAM CAKE | RECIPE - KOSHER
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is in a banana split cake?This cake is no ordinary banana split… it’s a banana split on some serious, serious steroids. It’s a sky-high ice cream “cake” that starts with an Oreo crust, is topped with sliced bananas, strawberry ice cream, strawberry sundae topping, chocolate ice cream, hot fudge sauce, vanilla ice cream and pineapple sundae topping.
How do you make banana split ice cream?If you like banana splits, you'll love this ice cream. In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, flour, salt, milk and evaporated milk. Cook, stirring, until bubbles form at edges and mixture is slightly thickened. Pour a small amount of hot milk into the beaten eggs, stirring to combine.
How do you make a banana and strawberry ice cream cake?Directions: Top with the banana slices. Place the pan in the freezer for at least 15 minutes. Assemble the Strawberry Layer: Top the banana layer with the strawberry ice cream. Use an offset spatula to spread the ice cream into a smooth, even layer. Place the pan back in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
Can you freeze vanilla ice cream with banana?Slice chocolate ice cream and spread over strawberry. Freeze until firm, about 45 minutes. Meanwhile, soften vanilla ice cream in a refrigerator for about 30 minutes. Mash 3 bananas with lemon juice in a large bowl; stir in vanilla ice cream. Spread banana mixture evenly over the chocolate layer. Cover and freeze for at least 3 hours.