UPSIDE-DOWN BANANAS FOSTER CAKE
Why should pineapples have all the fun? Bananas work perfectly in this boozy, caramelized version of an upside-down cake.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter just the sides of a 9-inch round cake pan.
- For the caramel topping: Stir the sugar and 1/3 cup water in a medium saucepan over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Stop stirring, and gently swirl the saucepan occasionally until the mixture is the color of deep amber, 8 to 9 minutes. If needed, brush any sugar crystals off the side of the pan with a wet pastry brush. Remove the saucepan from the heat, and carefully whisk in the butter (take care: the mixture can bubble up considerably). Pour the caramel into the prepared cake pan, tilting the pan to cover most of the bottom (be careful: the pan will be very hot from the caramel). Arrange the bananas in a single, tight layer, then cover any gaps with the remaining slices.
- For the cake: Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk together the milk and sour cream in a small bowl.
- Beat the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer on medium-high speed in a large bowl until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add the eggs 1 at a time, beating after each addition and scraping down the side of the bowl as needed, then beat in the vanilla. Reduce the mixer speed to low, and add the flour mixture in 3 batches, alternating with the milk-sour cream mixture, mixing until just incorporated.
- Pour the batter over the bananas in the cake pan, and spread evenly. Bake the cake until it is golden brown and bounces back when pressed and a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean when inserted in the center, 50 to 60 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of the cake to separate it from the pan. Poke the cake all over with a skewer, and brush the cake with the rum. Let cool in the pan on a rack until just cool enough to handle, 20 to 30 minutes. Invert a serving platter over the cake pan and, while holding them together, quickly flip them over so the cake unmolds, banana-side up. Let cool completely. Cut into wedges, and serve.
BANANAS FOSTER CHEESECAKE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Position a rack in the center of the oven. Wrap the outside of a 9-inch springform pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Combine flour, pecans, butter, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Mix well. Press mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake crust in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool; leave oven on.
- Beat cream cheese in a large bowl using an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually beat in sugar, then cornstarch. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition until just blended. Add pureed bananas, sour cream, lemon juice, rum, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt. Beat until just combined. Pour filling over the crust.
- Place the springform pan in a large roasting pan; add enough water to come halfway up the sides.
- Bake in the hot oven until center of cake is just set, about 1 hour and 20 minutes. Turn off oven and leave cheesecake inside until cooled to room temperature, about 2 hours. Refrigerate cheesecake, uncovered, until well chilled, about 1 hour. Cover pan and return to the refrigerator, 8 hours to overnight.
- Cut carefully around edges of the cheesecake to loosen; remove pan sides. Transfer cheesecake to a platter.
- Warm caramel sauce in a small pan over low heat, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Mix in rum.
- Decorate the top of the cake with whipped topping and sprinkle with some pecans. Coat banana slices in lemon juice and let dry slightly. Arrange banana slices around the edge of the cake. Drizzle caramel sauce decoratively on top. Serve any leftover sauce on the side for drizzling individual slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 649.1 calories, Carbohydrate 78.5 g, Cholesterol 127.6 mg, Fat 33.7 g, Fiber 3.3 g, Protein 9 g, SaturatedFat 16.9 g, Sodium 274.5 mg, Sugar 39.3 g
BANANAS FOSTER II
- In a large, deep skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in sugar, rum, vanilla and cinnamon. When mixture begins to bubble, place bananas and walnuts in pan. Cook until bananas are hot, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve at once over vanilla ice cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 533.8 calories, Carbohydrate 73.2 g, Cholesterol 59.5 mg, Fat 23.8 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 4.6 g, SaturatedFat 12.3 g, Sodium 146.1 mg, Sugar 60.8 g
BANANAS FOSTER COFFEE CAKE
I have not tried this recipe. I found it on the Internet and am posting it for a board request for a banana cake specificaly using banana liquor.
Provided by Steve P.
Yield 1 Tube or bundt pan, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 24
- Cake:Preheat oven to 350°.
- Butter a 12 cup tube pan and set aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; set aside.
- Beat butter until light.
- Slowly beat in sugar and beat until it is light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- At low speed, beat in eggs, 2 at a time, just until blended.
- Beat in the flour mixture and banana mixture alternately, beginning and ending with flour.
- Beat just until blended.
- Stir in coconut and nuts by hand, spread in pan smoothing top.
- Bake until cake is golden brown and begins to pull away from sides of pan, about 60 to 70 minutes.
- Test in center.
- Loosely cover with foil if cake starts to become too brown.
- Remove from oven; let cool on wire rack 10 minutes in pan.
- Carefully invert cake onto cake plate.
- Brush with the 1/4 cup liqueur.
- Let cool.
- Glaze with either of the glazes or dust with powdered sugar.
- Glaze:Combine all ingredients until well blended.
- When the cake is lukewarm, spoon over top.
- Let cake cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 549.2, Fat 29.1, SaturatedFat 15.4, Cholesterol 135.4, Sodium 308.4, Carbohydrate 67, Fiber 2.2, Sugar 39, Protein 7.6
COFFEE BANANAS FOSTER
- In a medium saute pan over medium to high heat, add butter. Let melt then add bananas. Saute 1 minute on each side, and remove from pan.
- In same pan, add sugar, banana liqueur, dark rum, and cold coffee. Let simmer for 2 minutes and tilt pan to side to ignite evaporating alcohol in pan. When flame is extinguished, add orange juice, cinnamon and nutmeg. Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or until desired consistency is achieved
- Add bananas back into pan and ladle sauce over bananas for 1 minute to coat. To serve, place 1 banana half in 4 long bowls with scoops of vanilla ice cream. Spoon sauce evenly on top and serve.
BANANA WALNUT COFFEE CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 10 inch tube pan; dust with flour, tapping out excess, and set aside.
- Combine walnuts, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Set aside.
- To make banana batter, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt onto a sheet of waxed paper.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter with an electric mixer on high until light. Gradually beat in the eggs, one at a time. Beat in sour cream, mashed bananas and vanilla.
- Change mixer speed to low and beat in the flour mixture just until blended.
- Spoon half of the batter into the prepared pan.
- Scatter half of the walnut and sugar sprinkle over the batter.
- Thinly slice the third banana over the batter.
- Top with remaining batter and scatter rest of walnut and sugar sprinkle over top.
- Bake about 1 hour and 15 minutes, when skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Carefully loosen the cake from the sides then invert onto wire rack turning right side up.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 542.3, Fat 30.1, SaturatedFat 13.4, Cholesterol 84.3, Sodium 164.4, Carbohydrate 65.3, Fiber 2.6, Sugar 43.1, Protein 6.5
BANANAS FOSTER COFFEE PARFAITS
- Combine yolks, 1/2 cup cream, 1/3 cup sugar, molasses, rum, liqueur and instant coffee in medium stainless steel bowl. Set bowl over saucepan of simmering water (do not let bottom of bowl touch water.) Using handheld electric mixer, beat yolk mixture until thick and thermometer registers 160°F, about 18 minutes. Remove from over water; continue beating until zabaglione is cool, about 4 minutes.
- Using same beaters, beat 1 cup cream and vanilla in medium bowl until medium-firm peaks form. Fold cream into zabaglione in 2 additions. Cover and chill until thickened, about 4 hours. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep chilled.)
- Preheat broiler. Place banana chunks on baking sheet. Push 1/3 cup brown sugar through sieve onto bananas, coating evenly. Place close to heat; broil until sugar melts and crisps on bananas.
- Spoon 1/4 cup zabaglione into each of six 1 1/4- to 1 1/2-cup goblets.
- Spoon bananas over, dividing equally. Sprinkle each with 1 rounded tablespoon crushed gingersnaps. Top each with 1/4 cup zabaglione. Garnish each with gingersnap, banana slice and mint, if desired.
More about "bananas foster coffee cake recipes"
BANANAS FOSTER COFFEE CAKE - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 554 per serving
- In a medium pan, cook the mashed bananas, 3 tablespoons rum, 1/2 cup brown sugar, and 1/4 cup butter until butter is melted and mixture is bubbly. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Let cool.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup softened butter until smooth and creamy.
BANANAS FOSTER COFFEE CAKE • THE CRUMBY KITCHEN
Reviews 17Category Brunch, DessertCuisine American, AustralianTotal Time 1 hr
- Over medium heat, melt butter, stirring constantly. As the butter boils and bubbles, continue stirring and watch for it to turn a light brown shade. Be sure not to wait too long to remove it from the heat, as it's very easy to burn butter this way.
- Cream remaining chilled Rummy Brown Butter with brown sugar until fully combined, adding more cinnamon if desired. Fold banana slices into brown sugar mixture.
- In a medium saucepan, bring brown sugar, butter, and evaporated milk to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly for 1 minute.
BANANAS FOSTER CRUMB CAKE - TASTE OF THE SOUTH
CHOCOLATE BANANAS FOSTER CAKE | TASTY KITCHEN: A …
BANANA FOSTERS CRUMB CAKE - SWEET RECIPEAS
10 BEST BANANAS FOSTER CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
BANANAS FOSTER CAKE RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
BANANAS FOSTER COFFEE CAKE — SHAUNA SEVER
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
BANANAS FOSTER COFFEE CAKE WITH VANILLA-RUM SAUCE …
Servings 8-10Total Time 1 hr 45 mins
CINNAMON COFFEE CAKE BANANA FOSTER | US FOODS
BANANAS FOSTER UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BANANAS FOSTER POKE CAKE (+VIDEO) - THE COUNTRY COOK
BANANA FOSTER CAKE RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
BANANAS FOSTER UPSIDE DOWN CAKE - ¡HOLA! JALAPEÑO
BANANA FOSTER UPSIDE DOWN CAKE - OLGA'S FLAVOR FACTORY
BANANAS FOSTER COFFEE CAKE - THE SAVVY KITCHEN RECIPES - GOOGLE
BANANAS FOSTER CHEESECAKE RECIPE - LIFE LOVE AND SUGAR
10 BEST BANANAS FOSTER CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
HOW TO MAKE BANANAS FOSTER COFFEE CAKE - VIDEO - MYRECIPES
BANANAS FOSTER COFFEE CAKE | RECIPE | COFFEE CAKE, BREAKFAST …
BANANAS FOSTER COFFEE CAKE - PLAIN.RECIPES
BANANAS FOSTER LAYER CAKE - YOUR FAVORITE DESSERT, CAKE-IFIED!
BANANAS FOSTER COFFEE CAKE WITH VANILLA-RUM SAUCE - MASTERCOOK
CARAMELIZED BANANA FOSTER BREAD: COFFEE CAKE OR DESSERT
BANANAS FOSTER UPSIDE-DOWN COFFEE CAKE - BIGOVEN.COM
BAKING CLASSICS: BANANAS FOSTER COFFEE CAKE - BUTTERMILK LIPSTICK
BANANAS FOSTER UPSIDE DOWN CAKE SOUTHERN LIVING - ALEX BECKER …
BANANAS FOSTER UPSIDE DOWN COFFEE CAKE – A SOUTHERN LIVING …
PERFECT CLASSIC BANANAS FOSTER RECIPE (W/ BROWN SUGAR RUM SAUCE)
BANANAS FOSTER BUTTER CAKE - OF BATTER AND DOUGH
BANANA BREAD COFFEE CAKE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
RECIPES FOR BANANAS FOSTER COFFEE CAKE - COOKTIME24.COM
MINI BANANAS FOSTER CHEESECAKES - HANDLE THE HEAT
BANANAS FOSTER CAKE RECIPE - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
BANANAS FOSTER (READY IN 15 MINUTES!) - SPEND WITH PENNIES
BANANAS FOSTER COFFEE CAKE | RECIPE | COFFEE CAKE, BANANAS FOSTER ...
BANANAS FOSTER UPSIDE-DOWN COFFEE CAKE - BIGOVEN.COM
BANANAS FOSTER RECIPE - TODAY.COM
BANANAS FOSTER CAKE - FRESH APRIL FLOURS
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #preparation #breads #coffee-cakes #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make banana cake mix?Combine flour, baking soda, and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed until blended after each addition, stopping to scrape the bowl as needed. Stir in the mashed bananas and vanilla. Pour batter into 3 (8 inch) round cake pans coated with cooking spray for baking.
How to make banana bread with a kitchen mixer?With mixer running on medium speed, gradually add brown sugar and granulated sugar, and beat until creamy, about 5 minutes, stopping to scrape down sides of bowl as needed. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until just combined after each addition. Beat in vanilla and 1 1/2 cups reserved mashed bananas on low speed until just combined.
How do you Frost a banana cake with frosting?Spread 1/4 cup frosting on 1 cake layer; arrange half of banana slices over frosting. Repeat procedures with a second cake layer, 1/4 cup frosting, and remaining half of banana slices. Top with third cake layer; frost top and sides of cake with remaining frosting. Garnish, if desired.
How to make banana bread with cream cheese?In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and sugar until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the bananas and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Combine topping ingredients; add half to batter. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.