BEEF STEW VI
Thick beef stew good eaten from a bowl or poured over biscuits. Substitute lamb and voila!...Irish stew!! If thicker stew is desired, add more cornstarch and/or take cover off for last 15-20 minutes. The longer this simmers, the better! Vary the herbs to your taste.
Provided by Paula Antoniou
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large pot or dutch oven, cook beef in oil over medium heat until brown. Dissolve bouillon in water and pour into pot. Stir in rosemary, parsley and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer 1 hour.
- Stir potatoes, carrots, celery, and onion into the pot. Dissolve cornstarch in 2 teaspoons cold water and stir into stew. Cover and simmer 1 hour more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 401.1 calories, Carbohydrate 24.9 g, Cholesterol 79 mg, Fat 21.2 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 27.2 g, SaturatedFat 7.4 g, Sodium 436.3 mg, Sugar 2.9 g
BEEF STEW WITH POTATOES
This stew is sure to warm up your family on even the coolest winter days. It is very hearty and goes well with a slice of homemade bread.-Virginia Brown, Hudson, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6-8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a 4-qt. Dutch oven or baking dish, layer the first 12 ingredients; pour tomato juice over all. Cover and bake at 325° for 3 hours, stirring occasionally, or until the meat and vegetables are tender. Remove bay leaves before serving.
Nutrition Facts :
BEEF STEW WITH POTATOES, CARROTS AND PEAS
Very simple stew that can be cooked on the stove. You can even prepare the stew through step 3 and then refrigerate, covered, for up the three days! Stews always taste better the next day anyway.
Provided by EmilyStrikesAgain
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat oven to 300°F.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add half of the meat. Cook, turning, until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large plate. Repeat with remaining meat, adding additional oil if necessary.
- Add onions to Dutch oven; cook, stirring, until almost softened, 4-5 minutes. Lower heat to medium. Add garlic; cook, stirring 30 seconds. Stir in flour; cook, stirring until lightly colored, 1-2 minutes. Stir in wine, scraping up any browned bits. Add beef broth, bay leaves and thyme; heat mixture to a simmer. Add browned meat and any juices; heat to a simmer. Cover; place in the oven; cook until meat is nearly tender, 2-2 1/2 hours.
- Add carrots and potatoes, return to oven. Cook until vegetables are tender, 30-45 minutes. Stir in frozen peas; cook 5 minutes. Stir in parsley just before serving.
BEEF STEW WITH POTATOES
- Place beef in a bowl and season with salt, pepper, and paprika. Mix in flour to dredge the beef.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large pot over medium-low heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add cardamom, bay leaf, and beef. Increase heat to medium and cook until meat turns from red to pinkish-brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes to the pot; stir and cook until soft, about 2 minutes. Add beef stock and cook until beef is no longer pink in the middle, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Heat sunflower oil in a deep saucepan over medium heat. Lower potatoes carefully into the hot oil and fry until tender on the inside, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Add potatoes to the beef-tomato mixture and cook for 2 more minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 501.3 calories, Carbohydrate 42.8 g, Cholesterol 59.1 mg, Fat 28.5 g, Fiber 5.7 g, Protein 19.4 g, SaturatedFat 8.7 g, Sodium 128.6 mg, Sugar 5 g
People also searched
More about "beef stew with potatoes recipes"
BEEF STEW (WITH POTATOES) | CHEW OUT LOUD
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 2 hrs 20 minsCategory Soup
- Towel dry beef pieces to remove all excess moisture. Sprinkle liberally with pepper throughout. Heat oil in large heavy pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add beef and brown on all sides, working in batches so you don’t overcrowd the pieces (they won’t brown if overcrowded.) Transfer beef to a plate.
- Add a bit of broth to pot to loosen and scrape brown bits from bottom. Add carrots, celery, and onions and stir until softened, 5 min. Add garlic, stirring 1 minute. Add red wine; bring to simmer and simmer until liquid is halfway evaporated, about 4 minutes, stirring to loosen bottom bits.
- Quickly whisk together the flour and all broth; add to the pot with sugar. Add back the browned beef and bring to boil. Reduce to simmer, cover, and cook up to 2 hours or until beef is fork tender. Add the potatoes and mustard during the last 20 minutes of cooking. Taste and season with salt/pepper if needed. Serve warm, garnished with parsley if desired. Great over rice or with rustic bread. Leftovers are delicious.
CHINESE BEEF STEW WITH POTATOES (土豆炖牛肉) | RED HOUSE SPICE
5/5 (5)Category Main CourseServings 4Total Time 1 hr 50 mins
- Put beef into a pot filled with cold water (enough to cover the meat completely). Bring the water to a full boil. Use a spoon to skim off the froth on the surface. Then drain well.
- In a clean pot, fry onion in oil over medium-low heat until soft and lightly browned. Stir in ginger and all the spices. Fry until fragrant.
- Add the beef, along with light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, Shaoxing rice wine and hot water. Bring it to a full boil then turn down the heat to low. Cover with a lid. Leave to simmer for about 1h30 until the meat becomes tender (see note 3 & 4). Give the broth a taste, add a little salt if necessary.
- Put potato and carrot chunks into the pot. Add some water if it seems too dry. Leave to simmer without the lid for 10-15 minutes until the vegetables are fully cooked.
BEEF STEW WITH CARROTS & POTATOES - ONCE UPON A CHEF
5/5 (1.9K)Category DinnerCuisine American, FrenchTotal Time 3 hrs 30 mins
- Pat the beef dry and season with the salt and pepper. In a large Dutch oven or heavy soup pot, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium-high heat until hot and shimmering. Brown the meat in 3 batches, turning with tongs, for about 5 minutes per batch; add one tablespoon more oil for each batch. (To sear the meat properly, do not crowd the pan and let the meat develop a nice brown crust before turning with tongs.) Transfer the meat to a large plate and set aside.
- Add the onions, garlic and balsamic vinegar; cook, stirring with a wooden spoon and scraping the brown bits from bottom of the pan, for about 5 minutes. Add the tomato paste and cook for a minute more. Add the beef with its juices back to the pan and sprinkle with the flour. Stir with wooden spoon until the flour is dissolved, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the wine, beef broth, water, bay leaf, thyme, and sugar. Stir with a wooden spoon to loosen any brown bits from the bottom of the pan and bring to a boil. Cover the pot with a lid, transfer to the preheated oven, and braise for 2 hours.
- Remove the pot from the oven and add the carrots and potatoes. Cover and place back in oven for about an hour more, or until the vegetables are cooked, the broth is thickened, and the meat is tender. Fish out the bay leaf and discard, then taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Serve the stew warm -- or let it come to room temperature and then store in the refrigerator overnight or until ready to serve. This stew improves in flavor if made at least 1 day ahead. Reheat, covered, over medium heat or in a 350°F oven. Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
BEEF STEW WITH CARROTS AND POTATOES - ALL FOOD RECIPES ...
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins See details »
AZORES BEEF STEW WITH POTATOES (MOLHA DE CARNE) | PHOTOS ...
4.6/5 (5)Category Main, DinnerCuisine Portuguese / AzoresTotal Time 3 hrs 20 mins See details »
RECIPE: BEEF & MUSHROOM STEW WITH ROASTED POTATOES - BLUE ...
4/5 Servings 2Cuisine BritishTotal Time 35 mins See details »
10 BEST CROCK POT BEEF STEW WITH POTATOES RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
10 BEST BEEF STEW WITH POTATOES POTATOES RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
BEEF STEW WITH POTATOES RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE SUNDAY NIGHT ...
5/5 (2)Category Main Dish, MeatServings 8Total Time 3 hrs 15 mins
- Add butter, and as soon as it melts, brown half the stew meat until the outside gets nice and brown, about 2 minutes. (Turn it as it browns.) Remove the meat from the pot with a slotted spoon and put it on a plate.
CHINESE BEEF STEW WITH POTATOES (土豆炖牛肉) | OMNIVORE'S …
4.9/5 (7)Category MainCuisine ChineseTotal Time 2 hrs 40 mins
- Place the beef in a 4-quart (3.78-liter) dutch oven and add 4 cups of cold tap water so the water just covers the beef. Heat the pot over medium-high heat until it reaches a gentle boil. Stir occasionally to prevent the beef from sticking to the bottom of the pot. Turn to medium heat. Let it boil gently for 10 to 15 minutes. While boiling, skim the foam from the top of the broth and discard it until the broth is clear.
- Add the Shaoxing wine, chili peppers, ginger, green onion, bay leaves, star anise, cinnamon stick, sugar, and ground black pepper. Turn to medium-low heat. Let simmer, covered, for 40 minutes.
- Add the light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, and salt. Stir to mix well. Continue simmering uncovered for 1 hour to 1 hour 30 minutes, until the beef turns tender but not to the point of falling apart.
- Add the carrots and potatoes. Simmer uncovered for another 30 minutes or so, until the veggies get tender.
ITALIAN BEEF & POTATO STEW RECIPE - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
5/5 (5)Category Main DishCuisine ItalianTotal Time 1 hr 20 mins
- In a large pot add the olive oil and minced onion, cook on medium heat until transparent (2-3 minutes). Add the pancetta, rosemary and garlic, sautee 2-3 minutues.
- Add the beef (toss the beef with about 3-4 tablespoons of flour before adding) and cook on low heat for about 5-8 minutes, turning often so the meat browns and nothing burns.
- Add the potatoes, tomato paste, oregano, hot pepper flakes and broth (or water and bouillon cube). Cook on low covered for about one hour or until tender and thickened. Taste for salt before serving.* Enjoy!
BEEF STEW WITH SWEET POTATOES - MY GORGEOUS RECIPES
4.2/5 (6)Category Main CourseCuisine InternationalTotal Time 1 hr 20 mins
- Add the beef back to the pan, pour over the beef stock, bay leaves and peppercorns and cook for at least 1 hour until really tender. Add more stock if necessary.
- Peel and chop the potatoes, carrot and sweet potatoes and add them to the pan once the beef is cooked, otherwise, if boiled for too long, they will be too mushy.
INSTANT POT BEEF STEW WITH POTATOES - SAVORY TOOTH
4.9/5 (14)Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 20 mins
- Add butter to the pressure cooker. Turn on the saute setting at medium heat. When the butter is melted, add beef chunks. Cook until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add beef stock to the pot, stirring well and breaking apart any beef bits stuck to the bottom of the pot. Add salt and tomato paste, stirring until dissolved.
THE BEST BEEF STEW RECIPE WITH CREAMY MASHED POTATOES
Servings 6Total Time 3 hrs 30 minsCategory Main Course
- Season the stew meat generously with salt & pepper. In a large, heavy pot heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the butter; as soon as it melts put half of the stew meat into the pot. Brown the meat on all sides. Once it's browned, remove it from the pot using a large slotted spoon, and put it on a plate. Add the other half of the stew meat, and repeat the browning process. Once it's well browned, remove it to the same plate.
- Peel & quarter the potatoes, put them in a large pot of COLD water and generously salt the water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and let cook until fork tender.
BEEF STEW WITH MASHED POTATO TOPPING | THRIFTY FOODS RECIPES
Servings 4Total Time 1 hr 55 mins See details »
BEEF STEW WITH CARROTS AND POTATOES RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
Cuisine American, FrenchCategory StewServings 6 See details »
BEEF STEW WITH POTATOES (SPEZZATINO CON PATATE)
5/5 (1)Servings 2 See details »
SLOW COOKER BEEF STEW WITH SWEET POTATOES RECIPE
Calories 701Saturated Fat 9g 45%Cholesterol 153mg 51%Total Fat 29g 37% See details »
HEARTY VEGETABLE BEEF STEW RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
Calories 377Saturated Fat 5g 26%Cholesterol 101mg 34%Total Fat 15g 19% See details »
RECIPE OF HOMEMADE SPAGHETTI BEEF STEW WITH GRILLED POTATOES
See details »
RECIPE OF PERFECT BEEF STEW | THE FOOD GUIDE
See details »
BEEF STEW WITH POTATOES - EASY AND QUICK FOOD RECIPES
See details »
RECIPE: PERFECT SIMPLE BEEF STEW - EASY FOOD RECIPES IDEAS
See details »
RICH AND FLAVORFUL GUINNESS BEEF STEW WITH POTATOES RECIPE
See details »
You'll also love