CRANBERRY SAUCE WITH CHILES
Heat is an integral aspect of Southwestern cooking, so it's no surprise that local chiles of all kinds accent the flavor of Thanksgiving. Cooks put them in everything from Hatch turkey rubs to chipotle mashed potatoes to chiltepin cranberry sauce, which uses the small, round, fiery hot chiles that are native to Arizona and northern Mexico. You can make this sauce a day ahead and chill it; if it's too stiff for your tastes when you remove it from the fridge, add a little water and sugar, reheat until simmering and then cool once more. (And for everything you need to know about cranberry sauce, check out our cranberry sauce guide.)
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories condiments, sauces and gravies, side dish
Yield 2 1/2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Set aside the zest of 1 lime (about 1 teaspoon) for garnish. In a large saucepan, combine all the remaining ingredients with 1/4 cup water. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, then reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring often, until thick, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Transfer to a serving dish and allow to cool. (Sauce will continue to thicken.) Garnish with the reserved lime zest.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 172, UnsaturatedFat 0 grams, Carbohydrate 45 grams, Fat 0 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 1 gram, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 3 milligrams, Sugar 36 grams, TransFat 0 grams
PERFECT CRANBERRY SAUCE
For the holidays, make this Perfect Cranberry Sauce recipe from Food Network Kitchen using fresh or frozen cranberries; kick it up with orange or lemon zest.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Empty a 12-ounce bag of fresh or frozen cranberries into a saucepan and transfer 1/2 cup to a small bowl. Add 1 cup sugar, 1 strip orange or lemon zest and 2 tablespoons water to the pan and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves and the cranberries are soft, about 10 minutes. Increase the heat to medium and cook until the cranberries burst, about 12 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and stir in the reserved cranberries. Add sugar, salt and pepper to taste and cool to room temperature before serving.
- In a medium sized saucepan over medium heat, dissolve the sugar in the orange juice. Stir in the cranberries and cook until the cranberries start to pop (about 10 minutes). Remove from heat and place sauce in a bowl. Cranberry sauce will thicken as it cools.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 94.6 calories, Carbohydrate 24.2 g, Fat 0.1 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 0.3 g, Sodium 0.8 mg, Sugar 21.3 g
TEQUILA LIME CRANBERRY SAUCE
This tequila lime cranberry sauce is truly special. The result is amazing for a tiny bit of extra effort. -Colleen Delawder, Herndon, Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Finely grate zest from limes. Cut limes crosswise in half; squeeze juice from limes. Transfer zest and juice to a small saucepan. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat to medium; cook, uncovered, until berries pop, 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat., Transfer to a small bowl; refrigerate, covered, until cold.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 134 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 125mg sodium, Carbohydrate 33g carbohydrate (28g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 0 protein.
CRANBERRY LIME SAUCE
- Add to a medium saucepan, cranberries, 1/3 cup water, lime zest, lime juice, splenda and the pinch of salt.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer until the cranberries start to burst, 3 or 4 minutes.
- Make a slurry with the teaspoon of water and cornstarch.
- Add the slurry to the saucepan, stir and simmer 1 minute longer or until thickened.
- Cool and serve with poultry.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 53.5, Fat 0.1, Sodium 159.1, Carbohydrate 14.4, Fiber 4.5, Sugar 4.2, Protein 0.5
SWEET-AND-SPICY CRANBERRY SAUCE
- In a medium saucepan, bring cranberries, brown sugar, cloves, and 1/3 cup water to a rapid simmer over medium. Cook until berries burst and mixture becomes syrupy, 10 minutes. Stir in cayenne and lime zest and juice. Season with salt. Serve at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 65 g, Fiber 2 g
More about "cranberry lime sauce recipes"
ORANGE AND LIME CRANBERRY SAUCE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
5/5 (1)Total Time 20 minsCategory Side DishCalories 74 per serving
- Add cranberries, brown sugar, water, and cloves to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a rapid simmer and cook until the cranberry skins burst and the mixture becomes thick and syrupy, about 10 minutes.
- Let cranberry sauce cool to room temperature before serving. Garnish with extra orange zest for presentation.
ORANGE AND LIME CRANBERRY SAUCE - LOVE GROWS WILD
Reviews 4Estimated Reading Time 1 min
ROSEMARY AND LIME CRANBERRY SAUCE - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
5/5 (1)Category Side DishesCuisine AmericanCalories 100 per serving
10 BEST KEY LIME SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CRANBERRY SAUCE WITH LIME AND GINGER | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
5/5 (26)Calories 69 per servingTotal Time 20 mins
- Stir together water, sugar, maple syrup, lime peel, and lime juice in a heavy, medium saucepan. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until sugar has dissolved.
- Add cranberries and continue to simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in ginger. Simmer, uncovered, 6 minutes more or until berries have popped and mixture starts to thicken, stirring occasionally.
CRANBERRY-KEY LIME SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (1)Total Time 10 minsServings 4
- Pulse all ingredients in a food processor 10 to 12 times or until finely chopped, stopping to scrape down sides. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
- Cranberry-Orange Sauce: Substitute 1 medium unpeeled orange for 4 Key limes. Proceed with recipe as directed. Thin-skinned oranges, such as Valencia or Indian River, work best in this recipe.
HALIBUT WITH CRANBERRY-LIME CHUTNEY RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 8Total Time 35 mins
- Combine sugar, 1 teaspoon lime zest, lime juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, cranberries, and 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently, 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Keep warm.
- Sprinkle fish with pepper and remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 4 fillets to pan; cook, spooning butter in skillet over fillets, 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes when tested with a fork. Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining 3 tablespoons butter and remaining 4 fillets. Sprinkle halibut with remaining 1 teaspoon lime zest, and serve with cranberry chutney.
CRANBERRY SAUCE WITH LIME & GINGER RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (3)Total Time 20 minsCategory FruitCalories 417 per serving
- Stir together water, sugar, syrup, lime peel and lime juice in heavy saucepan. Bring to boiling and reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until sugar has dissolved.
- Add cranberries and continue to simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in ginger. Simmer for another 6 minutes or until berries have popped and mixture starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Can chill for up to 3 days. Bring to room temp for 30 minutes before serving.
CRANBERRY-LIME RELISH | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
5/5 (11)Total Time 2 hrs 10 minsServings 2.5Calories 101 per serving
LAYERED CRANBERRY JELLO SALAD - MOM ON TIMEOUT
APPLE PIE FILLING CRANBERRY SAUCE - COUPON CLIPPING COOK®
TEQUILA LIME WHOLE CRANBERRY SAUCE MAKES A FLAVORFUL ...
QUICK AND EASY CRANBERRY SAUCE | FOODTALK
CRANBERRY LIME SAUCE RECIPES
SMOKY JALAPEñO AND LIME CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPE
SPICY CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
GINGER LIME CRANBERRY SAUCE - INVITING EATS
9 CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPES TO HELP YOU KICK THE CAN
CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #sauces #condiments-etc #fruit #canadian #easy #diabetic #dinner-party #holiday-event #dietary #thanksgiving #comfort-food #berries #brunch #taste-mood #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make cranberry sauce with cranberries?In a medium saucepan, combine the cranberries, brown sugar, granulated sugar, rosemary, lime zest and juice, cayenne, and 1 cup water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
How do you cook Jalapeno lime cranberry sauce?Jalapeno Lime Cranberry Sauce is the perfect party appetizer to serve over cream cheese or a cheeseball. Serve with crackers, crostini, or vegetables! Lock the lid, turn the knob to SEALING, and pressure cook on manual high pressure for 5 minutes.
How far in advance can you make cranberry sauce?Bonus: You can make it 2 days ahead, and no reheating is necessary. In a medium saucepan, combine the cranberries, brown sugar, granulated sugar, rosemary, lime zest and juice, cayenne, and 1 cup water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.