BEEF STEW WITH ROOT VEGETABLES
- Heat the oil and butter in a pan and brown the beef. Remove the beef from the pan, throw in the garlic and onions and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Pour in the beer, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, sugar, paprika, salt and some pepper. Then return the beef to the pan, cover and simmer on a low heat until the meat is very tender, 1 1/2 to 2 hours. If the liquid level gets too low, add more broth as needed.
- Add the carrots, parsnips and turnips and continue to simmer until the vegetables are tender and the liquid is reduced, about 30 minutes.
- If the stew is still too liquidy, remove a cup of cooking liquid from the pan and stir in the flour. Add the flour mixture back into the pan and stir. Simmer for 10 minutes until the stew is thick. The meat should be very tender; if it's tough, let it continue to cook.
- To finish, add the parsley and stir through the stew.
BEEF STEW WITH WINTER VEGETABLES
- In a large bowl, toss beef with flour; season with salt and pepper. In a large (at least 7-quart) Dutch oven or heavy pot, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high. Working in two batches, shake off excess flour, and sear beef on all sides until browned, 8 to 10 minutes (use more oil for second batch, if needed). Transfer beef to a plate, and set aside (reserve pot).
- Add onion, celery, and garlic to pot; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add tomato paste, and cook, stirring, until slightly darkened, 1 to 2 minutes. Add wine, and cook, scraping up browned bits from bottom of pot, until liquid is reduced by half, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Return browned beef to pot. Stir in tomatoes, thyme, bay leaves, and 8 cups water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, 2 hours. (If liquid reduces too quickly, add a little more water.)
- With tongs or a slotted spoon, transfer beef to a large bowl. Pass remaining contents of pot through a fine-mesh sieve into another bowl; discard solids. Return beef and strained liquid to pot; stir in winter vegetables. Simmer over medium-low, partially covered, until beef and vegetables are fork-tender, 1 to 1 1/2 hours more, stirring occasionally.
WINTER VEGETABLE BEEF STEW
Make the perfect Winter Vegetable Beef Stew! With step-by-step how-to photos, you can see the perfection of this Winter Vegetable Beef Stew for yourself.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 8 servings, 1-1/4 cups each
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Pour dressing over stew meat in resealable plastic bag. Seal bag; turn to evenly coat meat with dressing. Refrigerate 30 min. to marinate.
- Cook bacon in large saucepan on medium heat 5 min. or until crisp, stirring occasionally. Use slotted spoon to remove bacon from pan, reserving drippings in pan; drain bacon on paper towels.
- Add mushrooms and onions to reserved drippings; cook on medium-high heat 10 min. or until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove stew meat from marinade; add to saucepan with carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, broth and bacon. Discard bag and marinade.
- Bring stew to boil, stirring occasionally; cover. Simmer on low heat 1-1/2 hours or until beef is done and stew is thickened, stirring occasionally and uncovering for the last 15 min.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 430, Fat 26 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, TransFat 1 g, Cholesterol 75 mg, Sodium 570 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 4 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 23 g
BEEF AND VEGETABLE STEW
- Remove any bits of fat from the meat. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Saute the meat in the oil for 10 minutes, or until browned on all sides. Remove meat and set aside.
- Add the onion and tomato paste to the pot and saute over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until onion is tender, stirring often. Return the meat to the skillet along with the beef broth, combining with the onion and tomato paste mixture. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until meat is tender.
- Add the carrots, potatoes, rosemary, thyme, bay leaf and crushed red pepper flakes and simmer, covered, for another 45 minutes. (Note: It may be necessary to add some water if the stew seems too thick.)
- Finally, add the mushrooms and the peas and allow stew to heat through, about another 10 to 15 minutes. Remove bay leaf and rosemary sprig before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 367.1 calories, Carbohydrate 36.9 g, Cholesterol 64.9 mg, Fat 11.1 g, Fiber 7.5 g, Protein 31.1 g, SaturatedFat 3.5 g, Sodium 369.8 mg, Sugar 9.7 g
CURRIED BEEF WITH WINTER VEGETABLES
The UK has a large Indian/Pakistani population, so curry is a popular meal where I live. I don't like hot curries, but mild ones are a nice change. This is a mild curried beef recipe with root vegetables. It's very filling and goes nicely with brown basmati rice. Chinese Five Spice is a mixture of aniseed, cinnamon, fennel, pepper, and cloves.
Provided by OLENAJOY
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil.
- Place the beef into a pan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a deep pot over medium-high heat. Stir in the ginger, garlic, onions, and celery, and cook until vegetables soften, about 5 minutes. Mix in the curry powder, coriander powder, five-spice powder, and turmeric, and toss to evenly coat the onion mixture. Cook about 5 minutes more, and stir in the carrots, parsnips, potatoes, zucchini, and apples. Stir in the beef with its cooking liquid, raisins, and cashews, and toss to evenly blend the spices.
- Pour the beef and vegetable mixture into the prepared roasting pan. Drizzle 1/2 cup water over the mixture. Cover the pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven until heated through, about 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 343.4 calories, Carbohydrate 40.7 g, Cholesterol 15.6 mg, Fat 17.5 g, Fiber 5.1 g, Protein 10.3 g, SaturatedFat 3.9 g, Sodium 158.9 mg, Sugar 17.2 g
CURRIED COCONUT BEEF WITH WINTER VEGETABLES
Give a tropical twist with coconut milk and curry powder to regular beef and baked it with winter vegetables that's perfect for dinner.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat oven to 350°. Heat oil in 4-quart ovenproof Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Cook beef in oil, stirring occasionally, until brown.
- Stir in onion and garlic. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is crisp-tender. Stir in curry powder, coconut milk, brown sugar and lemon juice. Cover and place in oven; bake about 1 hour or until beef is tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except cilantro. Cover and bake about 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Garnish with cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 495, Carbohydrate 35 g, Cholesterol 80 mg, Fiber 7 g, Protein 30 g, SaturatedFat 16 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 510 mg
WINTER VEGETABLE-BEEF STEW
- In 4-quart Dutch oven, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat. Cook beef in oil 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned. Remove beef to bowl; cover to keep warm.
- In Dutch oven, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Cook onion and garlic in oil 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Return beef to Dutch oven. Sprinkle with flour; cook and stir 1 minute. Add wine; cook 1 minute, scraping to loosen any browned bits from bottom of pan. Stir in broth, carrots, parsnips, potatoes, bay leaves, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover; simmer about 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender. Remove bay leaves before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 560, Carbohydrate 52 g, Fat 1, Fiber 11 g, Protein 44 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 1150 mg
BEEF STEW WITH WINTER VEGETABLES
Cinnamon is the secert ingredient in this hearty beef stew. It is marinated overnight and cooked in the oven. Marinating time is not included in prep time. The recipe comes from Prevention magazine.
Provided by Barb G.
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a resealable bag, Combine the beef, wine, garlic, thyme, cinnamon and pepper.
- Seal and marinate in the refrigerator over night.
- The next day, Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Pleace the meat mixture, broth, onions and tomatoes,with juice,in a dutch oven.
- Place over high and bring to boil.
- Cover, and PLACE IN OVEN.
- Bake 1 hour.
- Stir in squash, cover and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove from oven, and stir in the spinach until it is wilted.
More about "beef stew with winter vegetables recipes"
OLD-FASHIONED BEEF STEW WITH WINTER VEGETABLES
HEARTY BEEF STEW WITH ROASTED WINTER VEGETABLES RECIPE
BEEF AND VEGETABLE STEW RECIPE | COOK IT REAL GOOD
BEEF STEW WITH WINTER VEGETABLES RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
1/5 Total Time 1 hr 45 minsCategory StewCalories 925 per serving
WOLFGANG PUCKS BEEF STEW WITH WINTER VEGETABLES RECIPE | WINTER ...
SLOW COOKED BEEF STEW WITH WINTER VEGETABLES
BEEF STEW WITH WINTER VEGETABLES RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
WINTER BEEF & VEGETABLE STEW RECIPE - BODHI MARKET
12 BEST KETO BEEF STEW RECIPES FOR A DELICIOUS DINNER
BEEF STEW WITH WINTER VEGETABLES RECIPE BY WOLFGANG PUCK | BEST …
WHAT VEGETABLES GO WITH BEEF STEW? 17 BEST VEGGIES - HAPPY …
RECIPE FOR CROCK POT BEEF STEW WITH VEGETABLES - RECIPESCLUB.NET
HEARTY BEEF STEW WITH WINTER VEGETABLES | STANFORD HEALTH CARE
WINTER BEEF STEW - LIBBY'S VEGETABLES
BEEF AND VEGETABLE STEW - WORLD CANCER RESEARCH FUND
INSTANT POT BEEF STEW WITH ROOT VEGETABLES | PRESSURE COOKER …
11 WARMING BEEF STEW RECIPES TO MAKE THIS WINTER
HEARTY BEEF STEW WITH ROASTED WINTER VEGETABLES | MCCORMICK
BEEF STEW WITH ROASTED WINTER VEGETABLES | MCCORMICK GOURMET
BEEF STEW WITH ROASTED WINTER VEGETABLES RECIPE
WINTER BEEF AND SILVERBEET STEW | THE COOK UP | ADAM LIAW | SBS …
CLASSIC BEEF STEW WITH ROOT VEGETABLES - SIMPLE BITES
BEEF AND BARLEY STEW WITH ROASTED WINTER VEGETABLES
BEEF STEW WITH TAPIOCA AND V8 - THERESCIPES.INFO
BEEF STEW WITH WINTER VEGETABLES RECIPE - COOKING INDEX
BEEF STEW WITH WHITE WINE - THERESCIPES.INFO
BEEF STEW WITH WINTER VEGETABLE RECIPE - CORSAW'S KITCHEN
WINTER-VEGETABLE STEW WITH SUNCHOKES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
HEARTY BEEF STEW WITH ROASTED WINTER VEGETABLES RECIPE
HEARTY ONE-POT DUTCH OVEN BEEF STEW WITH VEGETABLES
BEEF STEW WITH WINTER VEGETABLE RECIPE - MOMMY RECIPES
WINTER VEGETABLE STEW RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
LOW CARB BEEF CURRY STEW WITH WINTER VEGETABLES
BEEF STEW WITH FROZEN VEGGIES - THERESCIPES.INFO
BEEF STEW WITH WINTER VEGETABLES RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #low-protein #main-dish #vegetables #oven #diabetic #holiday-event #winter #stews #dietary #one-dish-meal #christmas #low-sodium #seasonal #low-calorie #comfort-food #low-carb #inexpensive #low-in-something #taste-mood #equipment #4-hours-or-less
A Healthier Take: Hearty Beef Stew with Roasted Winter Vegetables72K views-02:17
A hearty winter beef stew773 views-05:03
Beef and Vegetable Stew153 views-06:07
Hearty Beef Stew- The Perfect Winter Recipe15K views-03:59
Vegetable Beef Stew103 views-01:42
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook beef and vegetable stew?Take the chill off a winter night with this homey, red wine-infused beef-and-veggie stew. In 4-quart Dutch oven, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat. Cook beef in oil 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned. Remove beef to bowl; cover to keep warm. In Dutch oven, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat.
How to cook beef stew in a Dutch oven?Take the chill off a winter night with this homey, red wine-infused beef-and-veggie stew. In 4-quart Dutch oven, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat. Cook beef in oil 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned. Remove beef to bowl; cover to keep warm.
How do you cook a stew with carrots and potatoes?Add the carrots, potatoes, rosemary, thyme, bay leaf and crushed red pepper flakes and simmer, covered, for another 45 minutes. (Note: It may be necessary to add some water if the stew seems too thick.) Finally, add the mushrooms and the peas and allow stew to heat through, about another 10 to 15 minutes.
How do you slow cook stew meat?The stock should just barely cover the meat and vegetables. Cover the pot with a tight fitting lid and place in the oven. Slow braise the stew for 3 hours. Remove the lid and cook for an additional hour. Allow the stew to cool for about 15 minutes before serving.