- Cut the steak into 1-inch cubes and park in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Whisk the vinegar, dry mustard and egg yolks together in a small bowl. Whisk continuously while streaming in the oil until emulsified, then whisk in the shallots, capers, salt, and roughly 2/3 of the celery leaves and parsley.
- Hand chop the meat to your desired texture. (Alternately, divide the meat into 4 batches and pulse each batch separately 3 to 4 times in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the standard S-blade.)
- With clean hands, quickly fold the meat and dressing together. Plate using a 3 3/4-inch pastry ring and garnish with the reserved herbs and lemon zest.
ORIGINAL STEAK TARTARE
The legend goes that Tartare tribes when fighting in the past didn't even have time to stop and cook their food. They are said to have kept the meat underneath their saddles and mince it in this way. Today this dish is a gourmet classic. This dish is eaten like a pate, spread on a piece of warm toast with fresh tomato and onion rings on top. It is very important though to make sure that both the meat and the egg are very fresh because they are eaten raw.
Provided by ITSIE
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a medium bowl, mix together the beef, mustard, hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce, brandy, salt, pepper and egg until well blended. Arrange the meat in a neat pile on a glass dish, and cover with aluminum foil. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend. Serve as a spread on crackers or toast.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 230.6 calories, Carbohydrate 0.4 g, Cholesterol 84.7 mg, Fat 18.2 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 14.5 g, SaturatedFat 7.3 g, Sodium 72.9 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
- For the beef tartare: Fill a large bowl with ice and place a smaller bowl over the ice. Finely dice the beef and place it in the bowl over the ice. (This will help to keep the meat fresh.) In another large bowl, combine the cheese, olives, oil, mustard, shallots, celery leaves, chives and parsley. Add the beef and stir gently to combine. Season with hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- For the crispy parsnips: Heat the canola oil in a deep fryer to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Fry the parsnips until golden brown and crisp. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with paper towels to drain. Season with smoked salt and pepper. To serve, divide the beef tartare among plates and garnish with the crispy parsnips.
Bring the bistro home with this classic recipe for steak tartare. The key to serving a restaurant-quality appetizer at your kitchen table is two-fold: First, buy the best quality beef tenderloin you can find-there's a time and place for economy cuts but this isn't one of them! Then, freezing the meat for about 20 minutes firms it up just enough so that it makes quick and easy work out of cutting it into small, even pieces.
Provided by Riley Wofford
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place beef on a small plate. Freeze until firmed up slightly, about 20 minutes. Cut chilled beef into 1/4-inch pieces; transfer to a small non-reactive bowl and toss with shallots, capers, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, and lemon juice. Season with flaky salt and pepper.
- Spread mustard onto a chilled plate; arrange tartare in center of plate. Make a small indent in the center and top with egg yolk. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with toasted bread, butter, cornichons, and parsley sprigs.
This perfectly seasoned tender beef tartare is garnished with crispy parsnips. Recipe courtesy Chuck Hughes
Provided by Chuck Hughes
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- For the beef tartare:.
- Fill a large bowl with ice and place a smaller bowl over the ice. Finely dice the beef and place it in the bowl over the ice. (This will help to keep the meat fresh.) In another large bowl, combine the cheese, olives, oil, mustard, shallots, celery leaves, chives and parsley. Add the beef and stir gently to combine. Season with hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- For the crispy parsnips:.
- Heat the canola oil in a deep fryer to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Fry the parsnips until golden brown and crisp. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with paper towels to drain. Season with smoked salt and pepper. To serve, divide the beef tartare among plates and garnish with the crispy parsnips.
- Consumption of raw or undercooked eggs, shellfish and meat may increase the risk of foodborne illness.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 209.9, Fat 14.9, SaturatedFat 6, Cholesterol 69.7, Sodium 43, Carbohydrate 1.7, Protein 16.3
More about "beef tartare recipes"
RECIPES BEEF TARTARE | SOSCUISINE
5/5 (9)Category First Courses/AppetizersAuthor MilkydayCalories 190 per serving
ULTIMATE STEAK TARTARE RECIPE (BEEF TARTARE) - A SPICY …
5/5 (7)Total Time 20 minsCategory Appetizer, Side Dish, SnackCalories 291 per serving
BEEF TARTARE (THE BEST) | RICARDO
5/5 (155)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main DishesCalories 360 per serving
CLASSIC STEAK TARTARE | RICARDO
BEEF TARTARE AND POTTED BEEF RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
TENDER STEAK TARTARE RECIPE - I'D RATHER BE A CHEF
BEEF TARTARE - MATT MORAN
TARTARE RECIPES - GREAT ITALIAN CHEFS
BEEF TARTARE | WILLIAMS SONOMA
BEEF TARTARE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
STEAK TARTARE RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
BEEF TARTARE RECIPE | GOURMET TRAVELLER
Cuisine FrenchCategory DrinkAuthor Rodney DunnTotal Time 28 mins
- Combine ingredients except ciabatta, olive oil and parsley in a large bowl, mix well, season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and set aside to come to room temperature (around 1 hour).
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180C. Brush both sides of ciabatta slices with olive oil, then bake on an oven tray, turning once, until golden brown (7-8 minutes). Cool briefly.
CLASSIC STEAK TARTARE RECIPE (BEEF TARTARE) - MISSION FOOD ADVENTURE
BALTHAZAR’S STEAK TARTARE RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
STEAK TARTARE | SAVOY GRILL RECIPE | GORDON RAMSAY RESTAURANTS
THE SECRETS OF FRENCH CUISINE: FRENCH-STYLE STEAK TARTARE
BEST ANTHONY BOURDAIN'S STEAK TARTARE RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK …
MOUTH-WATERING STEAK TARTARE (BEEF TARTARE) RECIPE
HOW TO MAKE CLASSIC STEAK TARTARE (BEEF TARTARE) - LENA'S KITCHEN
HOW TO MAKE RESTAURANT-QUALITY BEEF TARTARE AT HOME
BEEF TARTARE RECIPE FRENCH BRASSERIE STYLE | RECIPES JOURNEY
HOW TO MAKE BEEF TARTARE? - COOKING TOM
STEAK TARTARE RECIPE - PETITE GOURMETS
KOREAN BEEF TARTARE (YUKHOE) - CTV
HOW TO MAKE STEAK TARTARE AT HOME | FOOD & WINE
STEAK TARTARE | ENTREE RECIPES | SBS FOOD
WHEN WAS STEAK TARTARE INVENTED? - BRADY'S LANDING
BEEF TARTARE RECIPE | 奥地利的小胡 ON PATREON
STEAK TARTARE RECIPE: THE FRENCH CLASSIC - DELISHABLY
STEAK TARTARE RECIPE GORDON RAMSAY - CHEFS & RECIPES
KITFO (ETHIOPIAN STEAK TARTARE RECIPE) - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
4 BEST BEEF CUTS FOR TARTARE: THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO CHOOSING BEEF …
BEST GRASS-FED BEEF TARTARE RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
RICK STEIN’S STEAK TARTARE - THE HAPPY FOODIE
THE BEST BEEF TARTARE RECIPE - MY MOM'S - WONDERFUL WANDERINGS
AN ITALIAN COOK ROLLING AROUND THE WORLD! - PHILOSOKITCHEN
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT BEEF TARTARE | BON APPéTIT
BEEF TARTARE | WOOLWORTHS TASTE
BEST FRENCH STEAK TARTARE RECIPE (EASY MINCED BEEF TARTARE)
NIGELLA'S STEAK TARTARE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
HOW TO EAT STEAK TARTARE (A FRENCH LOCAL’S GUIDE)
BEEF TARTARE WITH BLACK TRUFFLE RECIPE - GREAT ITALIAN CHEFS
You'll also love