BABY BEET SALAD WITH WALNUTS
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Trim tops from baby beets. Gently wash, then arrange in a single layer in a shallow baking pan. Drizzle with olive oil and gently toss to coat.
- Bake, covered, until tender, about 40 minutes. Let cool in the covered pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Peel and halve beets lengthwise, then gently toss with vinaigrette dressing.
- Arrange baby lettuce on a serving platter. Top with beets, Gorgonzola cheese, and walnuts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 235.9 calories, Carbohydrate 20.9 g, Cholesterol 11.1 mg, Fat 14.8 g, Fiber 6.2 g, Protein 7.8 g, SaturatedFat 3.8 g, Sodium 463 mg, Sugar 13.8 g
ROASTED BEETS WITH WALNUT GORGONZOLA DRESSING
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- To roast the beets: Place the beets, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a roasting pan and cook until the beets are tender, about 40 minutes. When they are cool enough to handle, remove the skins and slice the beets.
- Place the beets in a medium-sized mixing bowl and toss with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- To make the Walnut Gorgonzola Dressing: Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and, when it is hot, add the extra-virgin olive oil. Add the walnuts and cook until they are browned, about 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a small mixing bowl and when the walnuts have cooled to room temperature, add the onion, basil, vinegar and salt.
- Place the Gorgonzola cheese and cream in a blender or food processor fitted with a steel blade and process until smooth. Transfer to the bowl with the walnuts and mix to combine.
- Divide the arugula between 4 to 6 plates and top with equal amounts of beets. Serve immediately with a large dollop of Walnut Gorgonzola Dressing.
BEET SALAD WITH WALNUTS AND GOAT CHEESE
- Put the beets in a saucepan with water to cover and season generously with salt. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook until fork tender, about 20 minutes. When the beets are cool enough to handle, peel them--the skins should slide right off with a bit of pressure from your fingers. If they don't, use a paring knife to scrape off any bits that stick. Cut each beet into bite-sized wedges.
- Whisk the vinegar with salt and pepper, to taste, in a large bowl. Whisk in the olive oil in a slow steady stream to make a dressing. Toss the cut beets in the dressing; set aside to marinate for at least 15 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spread the nuts on a baking sheet and oven-toast, stirring once, until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Cool.
- Toss the arugula and escarole with the beets and divide among 4 plates. Scatter the walnuts and goat cheese on top. Serve.
- Copyright 2005 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
BEET, WALNUT AND GORGONZOLA SALAD
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Wrap beets in foil, enclosing completely. Bake until beets are tender when pierced with fork, about 1 hour. Cool slightly. Peel and slice beets. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Whisk olive oil, Sherry wine vinegar, garlic and sugar in medium bowl to blend. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine mixed greens, sliced green onions and beets in large bowl. Pour dressing over and toss to coat. Divide salad among 6 plates. Sprinkle with Gorgonzola cheese and toasted walnuts and serve.
BEET AND WALNUT SALAD
- Toast nuts in a small pan over medium heat, 3 to 4 minutes, then let them cool.
- Combine chopped lettuce, beets, radishes, onion, celery and toasted walnuts in a shallow bowl. Place the preserves into a small bowl and whisk vinegar into it. Add poppy seeds to dressing if you are using them. Whisk extra-virgin olive oil into the dressing and season it with salt and pepper. Dress salad and toss to coat evenly then adjust salt and pepper to your taste.
GORGONZOLA AND TOASTED WALNUT SALAD
This salad couldn't be simpler and will be a hit with blue cheese lovers. Pecans can be substituted for the walnuts. Cooking time is for the time it takes to toast the walnuts in a 325 degree oven for a few minutes.
Provided by Hey Jude
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce with cheese and walnuts.
- Combine and whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Toss salad with enough dressing to coat but avoid over-dressing.
MISSY'S CANDIED WALNUT GORGONZOLA SALAD
A yummy, easy salad with candied walnuts, cranberries, Gorgonzola cheese, mixed greens, and a raspberry vinaigrette. It's always a big hit and is requested by my friends and family constantly! Even my picky fiance!
Provided by MissyPorkChop
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place walnuts and sugar in a skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly until the sugar dissolves into a light brown liquid and coats the walnuts. Remove walnuts from skillet, and spread them out on a sheet of aluminum foil to cool.
- Place in a large salad bowl the mixed greens, cranberries, cheese, vinaigrette, vinegar, and olive oil. Toss gently; add candied walnuts, and toss again.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 307.7 calories, Carbohydrate 29.4 g, Cholesterol 22.5 mg, Fat 19.2 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 7.4 g, SaturatedFat 5.1 g, Sodium 273.4 mg, Sugar 24.2 g
BEET RISOTTO WITH WALNUTS AND GORGONZOLA CHEESE
So delicious! I was skeptical of the beets, but they are very yummy in this dish, and the shallots and Gorgonzola help mellow them out. A neighbor gave us his CSA for the week when he went out of town, and this recipe was included with the farm newsletter.
Provided by libbysnax
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Top and scrub clean 1 bunch beets. Steam them until tender, run them under water, and then slip the skins. When cool, chop the beets into 3/4 inch cubes; you should have about 2 cups.
- In a small pan bring 5 cups unsalted chicken or vegetable stock to a near boil with 1 tsp sea salt.
- In a large pan over medium heat, warm 2 tbs olive oil with 1 tbs unsalted butter. Finely chop and add 2-3 shallots. Sauté until soft and clear, about 10 minutes.
- Add 1 1/2 cup Arborio rice, stirring frequently for 5 minutes. Add 1/2 cup stock and stir constantly until liquid is absorbed. Add more stock, about 1/4 cup each time. It should take about 20 minutes in all.
- Before the last ladle of stock is added, stir in 4-5 oz crumbled Gorgonzola and 1/3 cup walnuts.
- After the last bit of liquid is absorbed, add the chopped beets. Let risotto stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 572.8, Fat 26.3, SaturatedFat 9.3, Cholesterol 28.9, Sodium 1070.2, Carbohydrate 66.6, Fiber 2.8, Sugar 0.8, Protein 18.7
GORGONZOLA AND TOASTED WALNUT SALAD
- To toast walnuts, cook in ungreased heavy skillet over medium-low heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently until browning begins, then stirring constantly until fragrant and golden brown. Remove walnuts from skillets and spread on plate to cool slightly.
- In blender or food processor, place 1/3 cup toasted walnuts and remaining dressing ingredients. Cover and blend on high speed about 1 minute or until smooth.
- In large bowl, toss remaining 1/3 cup toasted walnuts and salad ingredients. Pour dressing over salad mixture; toss gently until salad is evenly coated.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 250, Carbohydrate 5 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Fat 4, Fiber 3 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 240 mg, Sugar 2 g, TransFat 0 g
More about "beet walnut and gorgonzola salad recipes"
BEET, WALNUT AND GORGONZOLA SALAD - BIGOVEN.COM
HUNGRY COUPLE: BEAUTIFUL BEET SALAD WITH WALNUTS
ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH GORGONZOLA AND TOASTED WALNUTS …
JUST BEET IT: BALSAMIC ROASTED BEETS WITH GORGONZOLA …
ROASTED BEET, WALNUT, AND GORGONZOLA SALAD - HOW DO YOU FOOD
Servings 2Estimated Reading Time 3 minsCategory Side Dish
- Layer beets, slivered red onion, walnuts, and gorgonzola on plates, and drizzle with the vinaigrette. Enjoy!
BEAUTIFUL BEET SALAD WITH WALNUTS AND GORGONZOLA - TASTY …
WATERCRESS AND BEET SALAD WITH GORGONZOLA AND WALNUTS
RECIPE: BEET SALAD WITH GORGONZOLA AND MAPLE DRESSING
BEET SALAD WITH GORGONZOLA AND WALNUTS - COOKEATSHARE
ROASTED BEET SALAD W/ WALNUTS GOAT CHEESE & HONEY BALSAMIC …
EASY ROASTED BEETS WITH CRUMBLED GORGONZOLA - JUST BEET IT
BEET, WALNUT AND GORGONZOLA SALAD RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
EASY BEET SALAD RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
BEET, WALNUT AND GORGONZOLA SALAD RECIPE | EPICURIOUS.COM | RED …
ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH GOAT CHEESE, WALNUTS & HONEY-DIJON …
ROASTED BEETROOT SALAD WITH WALNUTS AND FETA | HILDA'S KITCHEN BLOG
BEET AND GORGONZOLA SALAD | AKIS PETRETZIKIS
ROASTED BEET, WALNUT, ARUGULA SALAD - HEALTHY LIVING MARKET
ARUGULA SALAD WITH BEETS, WALNUTS & GORGONZOLA - YOUTUBE
BEET, WALNUT AND GORGONZOLA SALAD | RECIPE | SEARCH | FOOD CITY
ROASTED BEETS WITH GORGONZOLA & WALNUTS | CASKATA
BEET, WALNUT AND GORGONZOLA SALAD | RECIPE | GORGONZOLA SALAD, …
ROASTED BEET, WALNUT, AND GORGONZOLA SALAD - HOW DO YOU FOOD
HEAVY ON THE GORGONZOLA, PER FAVORE! - TEXICUREANS
BEET, RADICCHIO, & GORGONZOLA SALAD WITH BLOOD ORANGE VINAIGRETTE
STACKED ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH GORGONZOLA AND LEMON VINAIGRETTE
BEET & GORGONZOLA FETTUCCINE WITH WALNUTS — CULINURSA
BEET SALAD WITH GORGONZOLA | HY-VEE
ASTRAY RECIPES: BEET, WALNUT AND GORGONZOLA SALAD
PEAR, GORGONZOLA & WALNUT SALAD RECIPE | EATINGWELL
PICKLED BEET SALAD WITH FETA AND WALNUTS - THE RUSTIC FOODIE®
MODERN MANNA RECIPE RAW BEET, GORGONZOLA AND MCHE SALAD
SPIRALIZED BEET AND SPINACH SALAD WITH GORGONZOLA
BEET AND WALNUT SALAD - MAYO CLINIC
WALNUT BEET SALAD - BIGOVEN.COM
ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH SPINACH, APPLE, AND GORGONZOLA - JUST …
You'll also love