ROASTED BALSAMIC BEETS
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Wash and peel the beets. Slice each beet in quarters lengthwise, and then slice each quarter into three chunks.
- Line a baking sheet with foil, and place the beets on top. Drizzle with the olive oil and vinegar, and then add salt and pepper. Gently stir to coat the beets.
- Cover with more foil and roll the edges of the two layers to create a pouch for the beets. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove the beets from the oven, and raise the temperature to 400 degrees. Take off the top layer of foil (watch out for steam!), and stir to mix the juices. Return to the oven and continue to cook for 35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm or cold, or add to a salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 65.1, Fat 3.5, SaturatedFat 0.5, Sodium 64, Carbohydrate 7.8, Fiber 2.3, Sugar 5.5, Protein 1.3
ROASTED BEETS WITH BALSAMIC GLAZE
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line pan with aluminum foil
- Peel and cut cooked beets: After the beets have cooled for several minutes, but are still warm to the touch, peel off the outer skins and discard. Cut the beets into quarters or more bite-sized pieces.
- Pour glaze over beets: Place beets in a serving bowl. Pour balsamic glaze over the beets. Stir in grated orange zest, and add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with a little orange zest to serve. Links: Hate 'em or Love 'em Beets? from White on Rice Couple
Nutrition Facts : Calories 78 kcal, Carbohydrate 15 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fiber 2 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, Sodium 164 mg, Sugar 12 g, Fat 1 g, ServingSize Serves 6 to 8, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
QUICK BALSAMIC PICKLED BEETS
Pickling doesn't have to take all day.
Provided by Ann Taylor Pittman
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Stir together vinegar, ⅔ cup water, sugar, salt, and tarragon in a small saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high. Stir in beets and shallot. Cover and reduce heat to medium. Cook until beets are tender when pierced with a knife, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Uncover and let cool to room temperature, about 45 minutes. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 2 weeks. Serve using a slotted spoon.
BAKED BEETS WITH BALSAMIC VINEGAR
The beets become very sweet when baked in this way. They take a long time but can be baked with sweet potatoes or baked potatoes.
Provided by mary winecoff
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Heat oven to 400°F
- Place each beet on a square of aluminum foil and wrap tightly.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake until the beets are tender when pierced with a wooden toothpick, usually 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Poke holes in foil to let steam escape and carefully unwrap.
- When the beets are cool enough to handle, slip off the skins.
- Slice the beets and place them in a bowl.
- Add the vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss to combine, adding a little more vinegar if needed.
- Let stand at least 15 minutes before serving.
- In a large saucepan cover beets with salted water by 1 inch. Simmer beets, covered, 35 to 45 minutes, or until tender, and drain in a colander. Cool beets until they can be handled and slip off skins and stems. Cut beets lengthwise into wedges. Beets may be prepared up to this point 2 days ahead and chilled, covered. Bring beets to room temperature before proceeding.
- In a large skillet stir together vinegar, syrup or honey, and oil and add beets. Cook beet mixture with salt and pepper to taste over moderate heat, stirring, until heated through and coated well. Sprinkle about half of thyme over beets and toss gently.
- Serve beets sprinkled with remaining thyme.
BEETS WITH BALSAMIC VINEGAR
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2. Trim the beets, leaving on the skin, an inch of the stem, and the wispy "tail" on the bottom of each, then scrub and drain. Place the beets in a small casserole dish just big enough to hold them. Pour the water and canola oil over the beets then cover tightly with a lid or aluminum foil and bake until tender and easily pierced with a sharp paring knife, about 1 1/2 hours.
- 3. Remove the casserole from the oven and uncover the beets, keeping your face averted from the escaping steam. Allow the beets to cool completely in the casserole.
- 4. Meanwhile, combine the vinegar, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, the salt, and pepper in a medium-size bowl and whisk to blend. Taste and add more olive oil, if desired.
- 5. Peel the cooled beets with the back of a paring knife and cut into 3/8-inch slices. Add to the dressing in the bowl and toss gently but thoroughly to coat. Serve immediately or marinate, in the refrigerator, for up to 24 hours.
More about "beets with balsamic vinegar recipes"
BALSAMIC-GLAZED ROASTED BEETS - ONCE UPON A CHEF
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 45 minsCategory SaladsCalories 97 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Remove the leafy stems and roots of the beets and peel each one with a vegetable peeler. Cut the beets in 1 1/2-inch chunks.
- Place the cut beets on the prepared baking sheet and toss with the olive oil and salt. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, tossing once with a spatula midway through, until the beets are tender when pierced with a thin-bladed knife.
- Meanwhile, combine the vinegar and maple syrup in a small, shallow sauté pan. Cook over medium heat until the liquid is just slightly thickened and lightly coats the back of a metal spoon. It should be reduced by about half (or to about 3 tablespoons). Pay close attention and be sure not to over-reduce it; it goes from sweet and syrupy to burnt and hard very quickly.
BALSAMIC ROASTED BEETS RECIPE - JOYFOODSUNSHINE
Ratings 67Calories 61 per servingCategory Salad, Side Dish
BALSAMIC PICKLED BEETS RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
5/5 (1)Total Time 3 hrsServings 12
RECIPE: ROASTED BEETS WITH BALSAMIC VINEGAR AND HERBS ...
Estimated Reading Time 50 secs
ROASTED BEETS WITH BALSAMIC VINEGAR | THE NUTRITION …
Servings 4Calories 60 per servingEstimated Reading Time 50 secs
10 BEST BEETS WITH VINEGAR AND SUGAR RECIPES | YUMMLY
BALSAMIC GLAZED BEETROOT | RECIPETIN EATS
5/5 (2)Total Time 10 minsCategory Side, VegetablesCalories 81 per serving
- To cook fresh beetroot, bring a pot of water to boil, then place beetroot in the water and cook for 10 minutes until tender.
- Combine balsamic vinegar and sugar in a small frying pan or saucepan over medium high heat.
GRILLED BEETS WITH BALSAMIC VINEGAR & ROSEMARY | EASY SIDE ...
5/5 (1)Total Time 42 minsCategory Side DishesCalories 148 per serving
- Slice tops off beets and bottom root, taking care not to remove too much of the actual vegetable.
- In a mixing bowl, add 1/3rd cup Balsamic Vinegar, sliced garlic cloves, and 1 tsp herb seasoning to a bowl. Whisk to combine.
BALSAMIC-GLAZED BEETS WITH PECANS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Category Healthy Vegetable RecipesCalories 130 per servingTotal Time 25 mins
- Bring about 1 inch of water to a boil in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer basket. Add beets, cover and steam until tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Combine vinegar, water, butter, sugar, salt and pepper in a large skillet. Cook over medium heat until the butter is melted and the mixture starts to bubble. Add the beets and cook, stirring often, until most of the liquid has evaporated and the beets are glazed, 2 to 5 minutes. Top with pecans.
BLUEBERRY BALSAMIC GLAZED BEETS - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
4.8/5 (4)Calories 186 per servingCategory Side Dish
- Place the beets on the baking sheet, drizzle with the oil, and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Roast in the oven until tender, about 45 mins, turning halfway.
- While the beets are roasting, make the blueberry glaze. Place the blueberries, balsamic, thyme, salt and pepper in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Bring to pan to a boil and continue to boil rapidly until the blueberries break down and the glaze thickens, about 5 minutes.
- When the beets are cooked, add them to the pan with the glaze. If the glaze begins to look dry, add a splash of water. Stir the beets to coat them in the glaze.
MAPLE AND BALSAMIC GLAZED BEETS - WHATTOMUNCH.COM
5/5 (1)Category Picnic, Side DishCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 40 mins
- Place the wrapped beets onto a baking tray and roast for 50 to 60 minutes. Test the beets after 50 minutes to see if a fork will pierce into the beet.
BALSAMIC PICKLED BEETS - HUNGRY HAPPY HOME
- Cover beets with water and boil until tender. This about 20 minutes or more, depending on size. Use a fork to test tenderness.
BALSAMIC AND BROWN SUGAR GLAZED BEETS RECIPE
3.9/5 (12)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory Side DishCalories 209 per serving
BEET SALAD WITH BALSAMIC DRESSING – WELLPLATED.COM
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory Side DishCalories 216 per serving
PICKLED BEETS WITH BALSAMIC AND SPICE - THRIFTY FOODS
Total Time 2 hrs 15 mins
PORK CHOPS WITH BEET CONFIT | METRO
EASY RECIPE BEET RAVIOLI WITH PINE NUT "GOAT CHEESE ...
10 BEST CANNED BEETS WITH VINEGAR RECIPES | YUMMLY
RECIPE - BEET AND APPLE SALAD WITH TALEGGIO
BEET SALAD WITH BALSAMIC DRESSING RECIPES
BALSAMIC ROASTED BEET SOUP RECIPE, HEALTHY SOUP, PERFECT ...
You'll also love