Make and share this Blackened Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Millereg
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Mix spice ingredients thoroughly in a small bowl (make a double or triple batch and store the remainder for later use!) Dredge shrimp through the mixture.
- Place a large skillet over a very high heat, and melt the butter.
- Place the shrimp in the skillet and turn heat down to medium.
- Cook on both sides for approximately 7 minutes (maybe less) each- pay attention to the shrimp as they cook quickly; when the shrimp curl, they are done.
- Optional sprinkle the vegetables with the spice mix and sauté in the butter in the same skillet.
- Serve with lots of garlic bread and ice-cold beer or chilled white wine.
- Place shrimp in a bowl. Season with blackened seasoning.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook shrimp until opaque, about 1 minute per side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 243.5 calories, Carbohydrate 0.6 g, Cholesterol 270.7 mg, Fat 14 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 27.6 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Sodium 531.4 mg
BLACK PEPPER SHRIMP (PAULA DEEN)
This recipe from Paula Deen of Food Network couldn't be easier. It seems like a LOT of black pepper, but trust me--it works. You get it all over your fingers as you shell the shrimp and eat them, so have some wet wash cloths rolled up and ready. This cooks up in just a few minutes, so have the rest of your dinner ready before you start (I suggest a hearty salad and bread).
Provided by SharleneW
Categories Very Low Carbs
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Rinse and drain shrimp and place in shallow baking pan.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour the garlic butter mixture over shrimp and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle about half the pepper over shrimp until they are well covered.
- Remember--don't be afraid!
- Bake until pink (about 5 minutes).
- Turn shrimp over sprinkle with remaining pepper and bake a few minutes longer.
- Don't overcook!
SHRIMP WITH BLACK BEAN SAUCE
- In a medium heavy saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger, and red pepper and saute, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add the white wine and reduce by about 1/3. Add the chicken stock cornstarch mixture and continue cooking, stirring all the time, until thickened. Add the soy sauce, pepper, and black beans and reduce the heat to low. Cover the pan and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thick and chunky.
- While the beans are cooking, fill a large saucepan halfway up with lightly salted water. Bring it to a boil over high heat and add the shrimp. Bring back to the boil and cook for 5 minutes, then drain well. Immediately spoon a layer of the black bean mixture onto each of 6 heated plates. Scatter the shrimp over the beans and top with a generous mound of spring onions and sprigs of cilantro.
GRILLED GARLIC-AND-BLACK-PEPPER SHRIMP
Salt, pepper, garlic, acid, and a bit of heat are all you need to punch up this easy shrimp skewer recipe.
Provided by Harneet Baweja
Categories Bon Appétit Dinner Summer Grill Shrimp Shellfish Seafood Pepper Chile Pepper Lime Quick & Easy Skewer
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Whisk chile, garlic, pepper, lime juice, and 2 Tbsp. oil in a large bowl. Add shrimp and toss to coat; season with salt. Thread shrimp onto sets of 2 skewers.
- Prepare a grill for medium-high heat; clean grates well, then oil. Grill shrimp, turning once, until cooked through and lightly charred, about 5 minutes total. Serve with lime wedges dipped in chili powder.
BLACK-BEAN SHRIMP WITH CHINESE BROCCOLI
Categories Bean Shellfish Vegetable Side Stir-Fry Lunch Lunar New Year Shrimp Broccoli Rabe Gourmet Sugar Conscious Dairy Free Tree Nut Free
Yield Makes 8 servings (as part of a Chinese meal)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Stir together broth, rice wine, soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar, and salt in a small bowl until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Remove any bruised or withered outer leaves from gai lan, then trim and peel stalks, halving thick ones lengthwise. Cut crosswise into 2 1/2-inch pieces, separating leafy parts from thick stems.
- Cook stems in a 6- to 8-quart pot of boiling salted water, uncovered, until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Add leafy parts and cook until all of gai lan is just tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain well, then transfer to a clean kitchen towel and pat dry. Transfer to a large dish and keep warm, loosely covered with foil.
- Pat shrimp dry. Heat wok over high heat until a drop of water vaporizes instantly. Pour peanut oil around side of wok, then tilt wok to swirl oil, coating side. When oil just begins to smoke, add ginger and stir-fry 5 seconds. Add black beans, garlic, and jalapeño and stir-fry 1 minute. Working quickly, add shrimp, spreading in 1 layer on bottom and side of wok. Cook, undisturbed, 3 minutes, then stir-fry until shrimp are just pink on both sides, about 1 minute more. Stir broth mixture, then add to shrimp and bring to a boil. Boil, stirring, 2 minutes. Remove from heat and drizzle with sesame oil, then stir to combine.
- Pour shrimp and sauce over gai lan.
BLACK PEPPER SHRIMP
This dish, adapted from Lucy Carvalho, the cookbook author Nik Sharma's grandmother, owes its fragrance and fiery bite to a generous amount of crushed black peppercorns in a velvety gravy. Like many other Indian home cooks, Ms. Carvalho, who lived in the coastal city of Mumbai, took the Indo-Chinese dish black pepper chicken and substituted shrimp instead. Some versions of this dish call for curry leaves to be fried with the spices, or they might call for another protein in place of the shrimp, like tilapia, cod or catfish. Here, the peppercorns are infused in hot oil, then left to steep as the dish cooks. Fish sauce bolsters the savoriness, but can be left out. For an even stronger bump of heat, increase the amount of black pepper and toss in a sliced serrano. Serve it all over rice for a fast, satisfying dinner.
Provided by Nik Sharma
Categories weekday, seafood, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high. Add the black peppercorns and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the onion and half the scallions, and sauté, scraping the bottom of the pot as necessary, until the onions turn translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the green and red bell peppers and sauté until they begin to soften, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the shrimp and sauté for 1 minute, then stir in 2 cups water, the soy sauce and fish sauce (if using). Bring the liquid to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook the shrimp just until they turn pink, about 2 minutes. (Keep an eye on them: The shrimp can turn rubbery quickly.)
- Working quickly as the liquid cooks, mix the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water in a small bowl to form a slurry. Add this mixture to the saucepan as soon as the shrimp turns pink, and cook over medium heat until the sauce thickens, about 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and add more soy sauce, to taste, if desired. Garnish with the cilantro and remaining scallions. Serve hot or warm with rice.
BLACK BEANS WITH SHRIMP
One basic can of beans is the short cut you need to get this on the table fast. From Good Food Magazine September 1988
Provided by JackieOhNo
Categories Black Beans
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Heat oil in large heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, garlic, and jalapeno; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, the water, vinegar, cumin, cayenne, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Simmer covered 5 minutes.
- Gently stir in shrimp and cook just until pink, 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in beans and coriander and heat through.
- Serve hot or at room temperature, topped with a dollop of sour cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 326, Fat 9.7, SaturatedFat 1.5, Cholesterol 172.8, Sodium 469.4, Carbohydrate 28.9, Fiber 8.9, Sugar 4.5, Protein 31.6
More about "black shrimp recipes"
10 BEST BLACK TIGER SHRIMP RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST TIGER SHRIMP RECIPES | YUMMLY
JUMBO BLACK TIGER GARLIC SHRIMP RECIPE - YOUTUBE
JERK SHRIMP RECIPE WITH RICE AND BLACK BEANS — EATWELL101
SHRIMP WITH BLACK BEAN SAUCE - THE WOKS OF LIFE
GOCHUGARU SHRIMP & BLACK RICE BOWLS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
BLACK PEPPER SHRIMP RECIPE
BLACK PEPPER SHRIMP (TASTY STIR-FRY RECIPE) - RASA MALAYSIA
BLACK PEPPER SHRIMP - CANADIAN COOKING ADVENTURES
SHRIMP RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
BLACK SHRIMP - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
ASIAN SHRIMP WITH BLACK BEAN SAUCE - KAWALING PINOY
BLACK SHRIMP RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
THE 30 BEST SHRIMP DISHES FOR LUNCH OR BRUNCH - SOUTHERN LIVING
CHINESE STIR-FRY SHRIMP IN BLACK BEAN SAUCE RECIPE
BLACK PEPPER SHRIMP RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
28 BEST SHRIMP RECIPES | QUICK AND EASY SHRIMP DINNER IDEAS
BLACK TIGER SHRIMP RECIPES WITH BUTTER, GARLIC, AND LEMON
BLACK TIGER SHRIMP RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
BLACK SHRIMP RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
CHEESECAKE FACTORY JAMAICAN BLACK PEPPER SHRIMP RECIPE - SECRET …
BLACK PEPPER CARAMEL SHRIMP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BLACK PEPPER SHRIMP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
18 BEST SHRIMP RECIPES | RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
JAMAICAN BLACK PEPPER SHRIMP RECIPE – BDNEWS REPORTER
BLACK PEPPER SHRIMP | PAULA DEEN
BLACK FOLKS SOUTHERN SHRIMP AND GRITS RECIPE - THE SOUL FOOD POT
BLACK PEPPER SHRIMP RECIPE - FLOYD CARDOZ | FOOD & WINE
BLACK BEANS AND SHRIMP RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
20 BEST SHRIMP RECIPES FOR WEEKNIGHT DINNERS - ONCE UPON A CHEF
SHRIMP BLACK BEAN SAUCE BEST RECIPES
40+ EASY SHRIMP RECIPES ANYONE CAN MAKE | TASTE OF HOME
CITRUS SHRIMP WITH BLACK RICE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
10 BEST BLACK TIGER SHRIMP RECIPES | YUMMLY
SHRIMP CHILI RECIPES
16 QUICK SHRIMP RECIPES THAT TAKE 15 MINUTES — EAT THIS NOT THAT
ONE-POT SHRIMP BLACK BEAN RICE SKILLET - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
11 TASTY SHRIMP RECIPES YOU’LL MAKE OVER AND OVER AGAIN
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #healthy #5-ingredients-or-less #very-low-carbs #appetizers #seafood #american #cajun #southern-united-states #easy #finger-food #holiday-event #shrimp #stove-top #dietary #spicy #low-calorie #high-protein #low-carb #high-in-something #low-in-something #shellfish #taste-mood #equipment #presentation #served-hot
You'll also love