A light, crunchy, and savory snack cracker that has a bit of a kick. Easy recipe with minimal ingredients. Add 4 tablespoons sesame seeds to batter before kneading for a tasty option. Also a fun recipe for kids to help with.
Provided by Domestic Chef
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Combine flour, salt, and red pepper flakes in large bowl; add Cheddar cheese. Toss until cheese is coated. Pour in melted butter; stir until mixture is moist and crumbly. Add rice cereal and knead by hand until dough is well blended.
- Roll dough into small 1/2-inch balls; arrange on a baking sheet. Flatten each ball with a fork.
- Bake in the preheated oven until light and crispy, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 30.6 calories, Carbohydrate 1.7 g, Cholesterol 6.4 mg, Fat 2.3 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 1.4 g, Sodium 21.9 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
CHEESE BLUE CORNMEAL CRACKERS
I found this recipe in an old whole-grain cookbook and changed it to suit our tastes, adding various spices and sesame seeds and replacing the salt and pepper. Now it's a family favorite, and I'm always asked for "my versions"!
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 7 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In bowl, beat the cheeses, butter, milk, pepper, garlic powder and paprika. Stir in the oats, flour, cornmeal and sesame seeds. Shape dough into a 12-in. roll; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. , Cut into 1/8-in. slices. Place on baking sheets (lightly greased or lined with parchment); bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until crisp. Remove immediately to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 64 calories, Fat 4g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 12mg cholesterol, Sodium 73mg sodium, Carbohydrate 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 2g protein.
BLUE CHEESE COCKTAIL CRACKERS
These are aweome with Bloody Mary's and I imagine any other drink as well. We used V8 and they were great! Sunset Magazine, 01/06.
Provided by Manami
Yield 4 dozen
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- With a mixer on medium speed, cream together cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add cayenne, blue cheese, flour, rice cereal, and bacon (if using) and beat on medium-low speed until well blended.
- The dough will be stiff.
- Roll 1-tablespoon portions into balls and place slightly apart on baking sheets.
- Flatten each ball with a fork.
- Bake until crackers are golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 965.6, Fat 71.5, SaturatedFat 45.1, Cholesterol 191.9, Sodium 1227, Carbohydrate 61.8, Fiber 1.8, Sugar 1.6, Protein 20.9
WALNUT BLUE CHEESE COINS
- In the bowl of a food processor, finely grind 1/2 cup walnuts. Add flour, salt, pepper, and baking soda; pulse to combine. Add butter; pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add cheese; pulse until dough comes together, about 15 seconds.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Transfer dough to lightly floured surface; divide into two equal parts. Using your hands, roll dough into two 1 1/2-inch-diameter logs. Coarsely chop remaining 1/2 cup walnuts; sprinkle over a clean work surface. Roll logs in walnuts. Wrap each log in plastic wrap, and chill until firm, at least 3 hours.
- Slice logs into 1/4-inch-thick coins. Transfer to ungreased baking sheet; sprinkle lightly with coarse salt. Bake until centers are firm to the touch, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container, at room temperature, 3 to 4 days.
BLUE CHEESE SPREAD
- Combine all ingredients together and mix well.
- Serve with crackers, celery or apple.
BLUE CHEESE HERB SPREAD
This recipe is a great way to use up some of those fresh herbs. With its cream cheese base and flavorful blue cheese combination, it is to die for on a cracker!
Provided by roxandmike
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place the walnuts, parsley, and chives in the bowl of a food processor, and process until finely chopped. Place herb mixture into a small bowl, and stir in blue cheese. Set aside.
- Place the cream cheese in the bowl of a food processor, and process until smooth. Add the herb mixture to the cream cheese, and process until thoroughly blended. Serve at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 186.9 calories, Carbohydrate 1.7 g, Cholesterol 49.5 mg, Fat 17.9 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 5.7 g, SaturatedFat 10.5 g, Sodium 268.2 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
BLUE-CHEESE-PECAN ICEBOX CRACKERS
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Place the pecans on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes. Let cool. Transfer the pecans to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely ground.
- Add the flour to the ground pecans, pulse briefly to combine. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add the cheese and process until the dough comes together and is well combined.
- Transfer dough to a clean work surface. Shape the dough into a 2 1/2-inch-wide log. Wrap the log with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Slice the well-chilled log into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Transfer slices to a baking sheet and bake immediately, rotating the sheet halfway through cooking, until the crackers are golden brown and firm in the center, 25 to 35 minutes. (The crackers should not get too dark around the edges.) Transfer to a wire rack to cool. The crackers may be made a day ahead and kept in an airtight container at room temperature.
BLUE CHEESE AND PECAN CRACKERS
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Using electric mixer, beat cheese, butter and pepper in medium bowl until just blended (some cheese should still be in separate pieces). Using rubber spatula, mix in flour, then chopped pecans. Form dough into 1-inch balls. Arrange rounds on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten to 2 1/2-inch rounds. Press pecan half onto each. Bake until golden on bottom and at edges, about 35 minutes. Transfer to racks and cool.
PECAN BLUE CHEESE CRACKERS
- In a preheated 350°F oven toast 1/2 cup pecans, about 7 minutes, and cool. Finely chop toasted pecans and separate egg. In a bowl with a fork cream butter and Saga until smooth. Add egg yolk, stirring until combined well. Add flour and chopped pecans and stir until mixture just forms a dough.
- Halve dough and on separate sheets of wax paper form each half into a 12- by 1 1/4-inch log, using wax paper as a guide. Freeze logs, wrapped in wax paper, just until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. and lightly grease 2 large baking sheets.
- Cut logs crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices and arrange slices about 1/2 inch apart on baking sheets. Top each cracker with a remaining pecan half, pressing slightly into dough. Brush tops of crackers, including pecans, with lightly beaten egg white. Bake crackers in batches, if necessary, in upper and lower thirds of oven, switching position of sheets halfway through baking, until golden brown, about 12 minutes total. With a spatula transfer crackers to paper towels to blot and transfer to a rack to cool.
BLUE CHEESE AND WALNUT CRACKERS
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and Stilton together for 1 minute, or until smooth. With the mixer on low speed, add the flour, salt and pepper and mix until it's in large crumbles, about 1 minute. Add 1 tablespoon of water and mix until combined.
- Dump the dough onto a floured board, press it into a ball, and roll into a 12-inch long log. Brush the log completely with the egg wash. Spread the walnuts in a square on a cutting board and roll the log back and forth in the walnuts, pressing lightly, and distributing them evenly on the outside of the log. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or for up to 4 days.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the log 3/8ths-inch thick with a small, sharp knife and place the crackers on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 22 minutes until very lightly browned. Rotate the pan once during baking. Cool and serve at room temperature.
More about "blue cheese crackers recipes"
BLUE CHEESE WHOLE GRAIN CRACKERS - THE DARING GOURMET
5/5 (7)Total Time 18 minsCategory Appetizer, SnackCalories 134 per serving
- Place the butter and blue cheese in a mixing bowl and beat with an electric beater until combined (some small lumps of blue cheese will remain). Add the flour and beat until combined. Gather the dough with your hands and roll it into a log that is about 1 1/2 inch in diameter. Wrap the log in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight . Alternatively you can freeze it for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Slice the log into slices about 1/4 inch thick (work quickly before the dough softens) and place them on a lined cookie sheet sprinkled with sesame and/or poppy seeds. Bake for about 8 minutes or until the edges of the crackers are golden brown. Let the crackers cool completely before serving. Best eaten the same day but can store them in an airtight container for a few days. Makes about 60 crackers.
BAREFOOT CONTESSA | STILTON & WALNUT CRACKERS | RECIPES
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and Stilton together for 1 minute, until smooth. With the mixer on low, add the flour, salt, and pepper and continue beating for about 1 minute until the dough is in large crumbles. Add 1 tablespoon of cold water and mix until the dough comes together Dump the dough onto a floured board and roll it into a 12-inch-long log. Brush the log completely with the egg wash. Spread the walnuts on a cutting board and roll the log back and forth in the walnuts, pressing lightly, to distribute them evenly on the log. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or for up to 4 days.
- Cut the log into 3/8-inch-thick slices with a small sharp knife and arrange the crackers on the sheet pan. Bake for 22 minutes, until very lightly browned, rotating the pan once during baking. Cool on the pan and serve at room temperature.
BLUE CHEESE WALNUT CRACKERS RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
Total Time 2 hrs
GARLIC PARMESAN BLUE CHEESE CRACKERS RECIPE | DIETHOOD
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 30 minsServings 26Calories 54 per serving
BLUE CHEESE COCKTAIL CRACKERS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
3/5 (1)Calories 80 per servingServings 48
- Preheat oven to 350°. With a mixer on medium speed, cream together cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Add cayenne, blue cheese, flour, rice cereal, and bacon (if using) and beat on medium-low speed until well blended. The dough will be stiff.
- Roll 1-tablespoon portions into balls and place slightly apart on baking sheets. Flatten each ball with a fork.
BLUE CHEESE AND PECAN CRACKERS – SCRATCHIN' IT
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together cheese and butter until smooth, about 1 minute on high-speed.
BLUE CHEESE SPREAD - QUICK AND EASY APPETIZER RECIPE ...
Reviews 6Category AppetizerCuisine AmericanTotal Time 5 mins
RECIPE: SAVORY BLUE CHEESE CRACKERS | WHOLE FOODS MARKET
Servings 30Calories 180 per servingTotal Time 2 hrs 25 mins
HOW TO MAKE ROQUEFORT CRACKERS - BON APPéTIT | BON APPéTIT
Author Carla Lalli MusicEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
BLUE CHEESE CUT-OUT CRACKERS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BLUE CHEESE CRACKERS - AWESOME ON 20
Reviews 2Category AppetizerServings 25Total Time 30 mins
HOMEMADE BLUE CHEESE DIP OR SPREAD RECIPE
4.6/5 (14)Total Time 5 minsCategory Appetizer, SnackCalories 29 per serving
SPICY BLUE CHEESE SHORTBREAD CRACKERS • FOOD FOR A YEAR:
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
CREAMY HAVARTI CHEESE ROASTED CARROTS | CASTELLO
BAREFOOT CONTESSA BLUE CHEESE CRACKERS - ALL INFORMATION ...
FIGS AND BLUE CHEESE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
PECAN BLUE CHEESE CRACKERS | RECIPES WIKI | FANDOM
THE 10 BEST CRACKER AND CHEESE PAIRINGS OF ALL TIME | KITCHN
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What to do with blue cheese crackers?I agree that the blue cheese flavour is relatively subtle, but it was perfect with champagne before dinner. I too rolled the mixture into a log then rolled it in some extra toasted pecans and chilled the log for about 30 minutes. I cut thinnish slices (I ended up with about 45 crackers) and baked for 15 minutes.
How to make blue cheese dip with sour cream?Steps to Make It. Blue Cheese Dip. In a bowl combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, salt, and white pepper; stir well. Add blue cheese; stir gently. Chill the dip for at least 1 hour. Serve with assorted vegetables, wings, crackers, or as a topping for baked potatoes.
How do you make blue cheese spread at home?Blue Cheese Spread In a bowl combine the softened cream cheese with the 4 ounces of crumbled blue cheese, chopped walnuts, if using, the snipped chives, and chopped parsley. Blend well. Taste and add salt and freshly ground black pepper, as needed. Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
What kind of cheese do you use to make Christmas crackers?Everyone loved this recipe. I used Imperial cold pack old cheese. Comes in a red and black round cardbord box in dairy section. It has a very strong cheddar flavour. Better than regular old cheddar. Will mix easily by hand if room temperature. Next time will make double recipe as I ate half before I could pack up for gifts.