OVERNIGHT BLUEBERRY FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE
I made this for Christmas morning brunch, perfect to put in the oven and go open presents while it bakes. You can top with syrup or whipped cream or nothing at all. I found several different recipes similar to this one, but none had everything I wanted to do with it, so I thought I'd try to make my own. I think it is a very good start, but please, let me know what you think!
Provided by Joshua Dunham
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Mix cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, 2 tablespoon milk, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in a bowl until smooth and creamy; fold in 1 cup blueberries.
- Cover the bottom of a 10x14-inch baking dish with 1 layer bread cubes. Spread cream cheese mixture over bread layer; top with remaining bread cubes.
- Whisk 2 cups milk, eggs, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a large bowl; pour over bread mixture. Sprinkle 1 cup blueberries over bread-egg mixture. Cover dish tightly with aluminum foil and refrigerate, 8 hours to overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 to 60 minutes before baking.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking until center is set, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 494.1 calories, Carbohydrate 71.7 g, Cholesterol 177.6 mg, Fat 14.6 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 19.3 g, SaturatedFat 7.3 g, Sodium 734.3 mg, Sugar 20.5 g
BLUEBERRY CREAM CHEESE DANISH
I love cream cheese and blueberries so I tweaked one of my grandmother's recipes to come up with this danish. It's a quick and easy crowd-pleaser, especially for breakfast or brunch. -Nicole Wheeler, Millen, Georgia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and egg yolk until smooth., Unroll one tube of crescent dough; seal seams and perforations. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Spread cream cheese mixture into crust. Sprinkle with blueberries., Unroll remaining crescent dough; place over filling, sealing seams. Whisk egg white and brush over top. Sprinkle with coarse sugar., Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts :
BLUEBERRY CHEESE DANISH
A layer of blueberries is the sweet surprise hidden inside this pretty pastry. The recipe comes from our Test Kitchen staff.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 19
- In a blender, cover and process cottage cheese until smooth. Add the sugar, milk, oil and vanilla; process until smooth. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to cheese mixture. Process just until dough forms a ball (dough will be sticky). Turn onto a floured surface; knead 4-5 times. Place in a large bowl; cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes., In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg yolk, lemon zest and vanilla. Turn dough onto a 17x13-in. piece of parchment. Roll into a 16x12-in. rectangle. Transfer with paper to a baking sheet., Spread cream cheese mixture lengthwise in a 3-1/2-in.-wide strip down center of dough; sprinkle with blueberries. On each long side, cut 1-in.-wide strips about 3-3/4 in. into center. Fold alternating strips at an angle across berries. Pinch ends to seal and tuck under. Beat egg white and water; brush over dough., Bake at 400° for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm pastry. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 260 calories, Fat 8g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 30mg cholesterol, Sodium 339mg sodium, Carbohydrate 41g carbohydrate, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
BLUEBERRY CHEESE DANISH PASTRIES
- Make the Danish pastry:
- In a large bowl proof the yeast with 1/4 cup warm water for 5 minutes, or until it is foamy, and stir in the sugar, the salt, the yolks, the vanilla, and the milk. Add 3 1/4 cups of the flour, stirring until the dough is combined well (it will be soft and slightly sticky), and chill the dough, covered, for 1 hour. On a cool surface (preferably marble) beat the butter with a rolling pin until it is smooth but still cold, add the remaining 1/2 cup flour, and blend the mixture quickly until it is smooth. Working quickly, form the butter mixture into a 6-inch square and chill it, wrapped in plastic wrap, for 15 to 30 minutes, or until it is firmer but still malleable. On a well-floured surface roll the dough into a 12-inch square, lay the butter diagonally in the center of the square, and fold the corners of the dough tightly over the butter like an envelope, enclosing the butter completely. Brush off any excess flour and pinch the edges of the dough together to seal them. With the rolling pin flatten the dough gently with uniform impressions and roll it from the center away from you to within 1/2 inch of the end. Turn the strip 180° and roll the dough again from the center away from you to within 1/2 inch of the end. Continue to roll the dough in this manner until it forms an 18-by 8-inch rectangle. (It is important not to roll over the ends in this first rolling to help the later formation of even layers of butter and dough.) Brush off any excess flour from the dough, fold the top quarter of the rectangle down to the center of the strip, and fold the bottom quarter of the rectangle up to the center, leaving about 1/2 inch between the 2 ends. Fold the top half of the dough over the bottom to close the dough like a book. Turn the dough 90° so a short side faces you, roll it again into an 18- by 8-inch rectangle, and fold it in the same manner. This completes 2 "turns." Chill the dough, wrapped in plastic wrap, for 1 hour. Make 2 more turns in the same manner, always beginning with a short side facing you and chilling the dough, wrapped in plastic wrap, for 1 hour between each turn. Chill the dough, wrapped in plastic wrap, for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Make the filling:
- In a bowl beat together the cream cheese, the sugar, the yolk, the vanilla, the salt, the zests, and the flour until the mixture is smooth and chill the filling, covered, for at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours.
- Roll half the dough into a 16- by 8-inch rectangle, trim the edges evenly, and cut the rectangle into eight 4-inch squares. Stretch 2 opposite corners of each square slightly to lengthen the dough and form flaps that will enclose the filling. Roll out, cut, and stretch the remaining dough in the same manner. Spoon 1 tablespoon of filling onto the center of each square of dough, sprinkle about 1 1/2 tablespoons of the blueberries over it, and brush the flaps with some of the egg wash. Fold 1 of the flaps across the berries, fold the other flap across the berries in the opposite direction, overlapping the first flap, and tuck the second flap under the Danish. Brush the Danish pastries with the egg wash, arrange them about 3 inches apart on lightly buttered baking sheets, and let them stand for 1 hour. Bake the Danish pastries in the middle of a preheated 350°F.
- oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until they are crisp and golden.
- Make the glaze while the Danish pastries are baking:
- In a bowl whisk together the confectioners' sugar, sifted, and enough of the lemon juice to make a thick but pourable glaze.
- Transfer the Danish pastries to a rack and drizzle some of the glaze over each pastry. The Danish pastries may be cooled to room temperature, wrapped in plastic wrap and foil, and frozen for 1 month. Transfer the Danish pastries to a baking sheet and bake them in the middle of a preheated 400°F. oven for 5 minutes, or until they are heated through.
NOVA SCOTIA BLUEBERRY CREAM CAKE
I went to a potluck and someone brought this dessert. A dense cake layer is topped with a rich blueberry and sour cream layer. This dessert is awesome! Serve with whipped cream and enjoy!
Provided by Paul
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9 inch springform pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, 1/2 cup of sugar, and baking powder. Mix in the butter by pinching between your fingers or using a pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the egg and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Pat lightly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Pour blueberries over the top.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the sour cream, 1/2 cup of sugar, egg yolks and 1 teaspoon of vanilla until smooth. Pour over the blueberries.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes in the preheated oven, until the top is lightly browned. Cool, then run a knife around the edge of the pan. Remove the outer ring of the pan, and cut into wedges to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 379.1 calories, Carbohydrate 45.1 g, Cholesterol 104.2 mg, Fat 20.6 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 5.1 g, SaturatedFat 12.3 g, Sodium 172.5 mg, Sugar 26.1 g
More about "blueberrycreamcheesedanishoatmeal recipes"
20-MINUTE BLUEBERRY CREAM CHEESE DANISHES - COUNTRY CLEAVER
Servings 6Total Time 30 minsEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
EASY BLUEBERRY CREAM CHEESE DANISH - SUGAR APRON
Servings 16Total Time 35 minsEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
BLUEBERRY CREAM CHEESE DANISH RECIPE
Calories 385Saturated Fat 4g 22%Cholesterol 42mg 14%Total Fat 21g 27%
10 BEST HEALTHY BLUEBERRY CRISP WITH OATMEAL RECIPES | …
EASY BLUEBERRY CREAM CHEESE DANISH RECIPE - AN ITALIAN IN ...
5/5 (4)Total Time 25 minsCategory Breakfast, Dessert, SnackCalories 477 per serving
- In a medium pot combine the blueberries and sugar and heat on low / medium heat until thickened, stirring often. Be careful not to burn. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a medium bowl beat on medium speed the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and lemon juice until smooth.
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut each sheet into 6-8 squares (all the same same size). Top one of the sheets with the cream cheese filling (divided by 6-8) and top with the blueberry filling (6-8 parts).
BLUEBERRY CREAM CHEESE DANISH (FROM CRESCENT ROLLS ...
Reviews 23Category DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 31 mins
- Add the blueberries to a small mixing bowl. Sprinkle the lemon juice and granulated sugar on top of them and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Unroll the crescent dough and separate into 8 triangles (just break apart at the perforated lines ). Spread about 1 teaspoon of softened cream onto each crescent.
- Add about 1 Tablespoon of the blueberries to each crescent (place at the wide end of each crescent) and roll all the way to the tip of the triangle. Try to make sure all of the blueberries are covered by dough. Repeat with all crescent rolls.
BLUEBERRY CREAM CHEESE DANISH BRAID - THE LOVE NERDS
- In a small bowl, use hand mixer to combine cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla. Then set aside while you prep the crescent rolls.
- Open crescent roll dough and unroll, leaving the rectangles in tact. On the parchment paper, lay the crescent roll rectangles together (making the longest combination you can). Press edges together to seal any holes.
- Spread cream cheese filling down the center of the dough to be about 2 inches wide. Top with blueberries.
BLUEBERRY CREAM CHEESE PASTRY - GREAT GRUB, DELICIOUS TREATS
4.4/5 (16)Total Time 45 minsCategory Breakfast, Brunch, Dessert
BLUEBERRY AND CREAM CHEESE CRUMB CAKE WITH BLUEBERRY SAUCE ...
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
BLUEBERRY CREAM CHEESE PIE - THE ITSY-BITSY KITCHEN
5/5 (9)Category DessertServings 8Total Time 35 mins
BLUEBERRY CREAM CHEESE CRUMBLE RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ...
BLUEBERRY CREAM CHEESE DESSERT - STURDIWHEAT
BLUEBERRY TART RECIPE CREAM CHEESE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
RECIPE FOR A BLUEBERRY CAKE - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
BLUEBERRY CREAM CHEESE DANISH – RECIPE FROM YUMMIEST FOOD ...
BLUEBERRY CREAM CHEESE DANISHES
BLUEBERRY AND COTTAGE CHEESE RECIPES (37) - SUPERCOOK
BREAKFAST CHEESE DANISH CRESCENT ROLLS - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
BLUEBERRY CREAM CHEESE COFFEE CAKE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is easy Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish?Easy Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish, is a quick and simple recipe. Puff Pastry squares filled with a simple cheesecake filling and fresh blueberries. The Perfect Breakfast, Snack or Dessert idea. If you are anything like me or a lot of Italians, you will know that we always have a package of Puff Pastry in the fridge. I love puff pastry.
How do you make blueberry pie with cream cheese and sugar?Mix together the cream cheese with the sugar and vanilla extract until thoroughly combined. Place about 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture onto the center of one of the pastry squares. Press about 6 to 9 blueberries into the cream cheese. Repeat with the remaining squares.
What are some of the best blueberry dessert recipes?[…] are a few more delicious blueberry dessert recipes that can be found on the blog: Blueberry Cream Cheese Pastry, Blueberry Cobbler, Blueberry Walnut Crisp, Blueberry Lemon Crumb Bars, Easy Blueberry Topping, […]
How do you make blueberry and cream cheese bread?Spread cream cheese mixture over bread layer; top with remaining bread cubes. Whisk 2 cups milk, eggs, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a large bowl; pour over bread mixture. Sprinkle 1 cup blueberries over bread-egg mixture. Cover dish tightly with aluminum foil and refrigerate, 8 hours to overnight.