BLACK BEAN, CORN, AND QUINOA SALAD
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a 2-quart saucepan. Stir in quinoa. Reduce heat to low; simmer, covered, until broth is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in corn. Cover and let stand until corn is warmed through, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk lime juice, red wine vinegar, lime zest, and cumin together in a large bowl. Whisk in avocado oil. Add black beans, red bell pepper, red onion, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in quinoa and corn.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 249.9 calories, Carbohydrate 38.3 g, Cholesterol 1.7 mg, Fat 7.1 g, Fiber 8.1 g, Protein 9.8 g, SaturatedFat 0.8 g, Sodium 622.3 mg, Sugar 2.3 g
QUINOA AND BLACK BEANS
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir onion and garlic until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Mix quinoa into onion mixture and cover with vegetable broth; season with cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until quinoa is tender and broth is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Stir frozen corn into the saucepan, and continue to simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes; mix in the black beans and cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 153.3 calories, Carbohydrate 27.8 g, Fat 1.7 g, Fiber 7.8 g, Protein 7.7 g, SaturatedFat 0.2 g, Sodium 516.9 mg, Sugar 1.5 g
QUINOA AND BLACK BEAN SALAD
This good-for-you dish is full of must-have Southwestern flavors. You can either serve it cold as a side for eight people or warm as an entree for four. The lime vinaigrette brings it all together. -Yvonne Compton, Elkton, Oregon
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a small saucepan, bring broth and water to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-16 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat; fluff with a fork., In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the orange pepper, onion and garlic for 2 minutes. Stir in beans and corn; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until onion is tender. Remove from the heat; cool for 5 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes. , In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lime juice, vinegar, salt, pepper and chili powder. Pour over tomato mixture; toss to coat., Spoon quinoa onto a serving platter. Top with tomato mixture, avocado and cilantro.,
Nutrition Facts :
ZESTY QUINOA SALAD
This bright and colorful salad is a great summertime recipe (or anytime you want to feel like it's summertime). Light and citrusy, it's a whole new way to enjoy quinoa. Lime juice and cilantro give a refreshing kick, while quinoa and black beans provide tasty vegan protein. If you're not vegan, add even more protein by adding chunks of chicken or turkey. Yum!
Provided by scrumdiddly
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Bring quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and water has been absorbed, 10 to 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk olive oil, lime juice, cumin, 1 teaspoon salt, and red pepper flakes together in a bowl.
- Combine quinoa, tomatoes, black beans, and green onions together in a bowl. Pour dressing over quinoa mixture; toss to coat. Stir in cilantro; season with salt and black pepper. Serve immediately or chill in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 269.6 calories, Carbohydrate 33.8 g, Fat 11.5 g, Fiber 8.4 g, Protein 8.9 g, SaturatedFat 1.4 g, Sodium 674.5 mg, Sugar 1.7 g
BLACK BEAN QUINOA SALAD
- Bring water and and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and water has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk olive oil, lime juice, cumin, and 1 teaspoon salt together in a bowl to make dressing.
- Combine cooled quinoa, black beans, and cucumber in a large bowl. Pour in dressing and toss to coat. Stir in cilantro and season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate or serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 263.3 calories, Carbohydrate 32.4 g, Fat 11.5 g, Fiber 7.2 g, Protein 8.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.6 g, Sodium 692.1 mg, Sugar 0.8 g
QUINOA AND BLACK BEAN SALAD
Quinoa, though technically a seed in the herb category, has traditionally been considered a valuable member of the grain family. A sacred source of strength for the ancient Incas, it is enjoying as a new popularity here in the United States. The secret of the success of this salad is the steaming of the quinoa.
Categories Salad Bean Vegetable Side Steam Low Fat Vegetarian High Fiber Quinoa Summer Healthy Gourmet Vegan Pescatarian Dairy Free Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added Kosher
Yield Serves 4 to 6 as an entrée or 8 as a side dish
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a bowl wash quinoa in at least 5 changes cold water, rubbing grains and letting them settle before pouring off most of water, until water runs clear and drain in a large fine sieve.
- In a saucepan of salted boiling water cook quinoa 10 minutes. Drain quinoa in sieve and rinse under cold water. Set sieve over a saucepan of boiling water (quinoa should not touch water) and steam quinoa, covered with a kitchen towel and lid, until fluffy and dry, about 10 minutes (check water level in kettle occasionally, adding water if necessary).
- While quinoa is cooking, in a small bowl toss beans with vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer quinoa to a large bowl and cool. Add beans, corn, bell pepper, jalapeños, and coriander and toss well.
- Make dressing:
- In a small bowl whisk together lime juice, salt, and cumin and add oil in a stream, whisking.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and toss well with salt and pepper to taste. Salad may be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered. Bring salad to room temperature before serving.
QUINOA AND BLACK BEAN SALAD
- Mix quinoa, black beans, celery, onion, and preserved lemon together in a large bowl.
- Mix olive oil, 2 tablespoons orange juice, zest, apple cider vinegar, agave, salt, pepper, and coriander together in a small bowl. Pour over quinoa mixture. Toss gently to coat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 276.7 calories, Carbohydrate 39.8 g, Fat 8.9 g, Fiber 10.1 g, Protein 10 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 1065.5 mg, Sugar 3.5 g
More about "quinoa and black bean salad recipes"
SUPERFOOD BLACK BEAN & QUINOA SALAD RECIPE | ELIZABETH …
5/5 (4)Total Time 45 minsCategory DinnerCalories 321 per serving
- Bring the pot to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low for about 15 minutes until all of the liquid is absorbed.
QUINOA, BLACK BEAN, AND AVOCADO SALAD - HEALTHY QUINOA ...
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 30 minsServings 4Calories 337 per serving
- In a bowl, combine 2 1/2 cups precooked quinoa, 1 can (10 oz) black beans (drained and rinsed), 1 cup grape tomatoes (halved), and 1/2 avocado (chopped).
- In a food processor, pulse 1 cup cilantro leaves, 1/4 cup lime juice, 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon lime zest, 1 clove garlic, 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
QUINOA BLACK BEAN SALAD - VEGAN HEAVEN
5/5 (1)Category SaladCuisine American, MexicanCalories 205 per serving
BLACK BEAN AND QUINOA SALAD RECIPE
3.8/5 (10)Total Time 35 minsServings 6Calories 337 per serving
RED QUINOA AND BLACK BEAN SALAD | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY ...
QUINOA BLACK BEAN SALAD RECIPE - GETTY STEWART
Servings 6Total Time 20 minsEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Place quinoa in a fine-mesh strainer, rinse, rub and swish under running cold water for about 2 minutes to remove natural coating.
- Add rinsed quinoa, salt and 2 cups water to medium saucepan and cover with tight fitting lid. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes until water is absorbed.
- In a large bowl, combine cooled, cooked quinoa, corn kernels, beans, peppers, green onions and cilantro or parsley.
REFRESHING QUINOA BLACK BEAN SALAD - SWEET PEAS AND SAFFRON
Ratings 12Calories 291 per servingCategory Salad
QUINOA BLACK BEAN SALAD WITH CILANTRO AND LIME (GF ...
4/5 (23)Calories 179 per servingCategory Salad
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and toss to combine. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
BLACK & WHITE BEAN QUINOA SALAD (VEGAN & GLUTEN-FREE ...
4.8/5 (10)Category SaladCuisine VeganTotal Time 22 mins
- In saucepan of boiling salted 2/3 C water, cook quinoa until tender, about 12 minutes. Drain and rinse.
- Dressing: In large bowl, whisk together oil, lime juice, vinegar, garlic, chili powder, coriander, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Add quinoa, black beans, navy beans, cucumber, onion, jalapeño pepper and coriander; toss to combine.
QUINOA BLACK BEAN SALAD - EASY SIDE DISH RECIPES
Ratings 7Calories 173 per servingCategory Salad Recipes
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and water has been absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, fresh lime juice, cumin, salt, and red pepper flakes together in a bowl.
CRAZY GOOD QUINOA BLACK BEAN SALAD - WENDY POLISI
Ratings 1Category SaladCuisine QuinoaTotal Time 1 hr 5 mins
- To make tomatoes: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl combine tomatoes, olive oil, syrup, crushed red pepper and sea salt. Toss gently and then arrange on prepared baking sheet cut side up. Roast for 55 to 60 minutes
- In a large bowl combine tomatoes (with oil), black beans, quinoa, walnuts, salt and lemon juice. Toss well and salt and pepper to taste. Top with feta and serve at room temperature.
BLACK BEAN-AND-QUINOA SALAD RECIPE - KEN ORINGER | FOOD & WINE
5/5 Total Time 2 hrs 45 minsServings 8
- In a large saucepan, cover the beans with cold water and bring to a boil. Cover and let stand off the heat for 1 hour.
- Drain the beans. Return them to the pot and cover with 3 inches of water. Bring to a boil and simmer over low heat until tender, about 1 hour and 30 minutes; season generously with salt during the last 10 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine the quinoa with 2 cups of water and a pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Cover the saucepan and simmer the quinoa over low heat until the water has been absorbed, about 15 minutes. Spread the quinoa on a plate and let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk the vinegar, soy sauce, lime juice and chipotle. Add the olive oil in a thin stream, whisking until blended. Add the black beans, quinoa, scallions, red onion, yellow pepper and cilantro. Season with salt, toss to combine and serve.
BLACK BEAN & QUINOA SALAD RECIPE - GREENER IDEAL
5/5 Total Time 30 minsCategory FoodCalories 448 per serving
BLACK BEAN QUINOA SALAD - QUINOA RECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
ROASTED SALMON, QUINOA AND BLACK BEAN SALAD | BEAN INSTITUTE
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
QUINOA AND BLACK BEAN SALAD RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
5/5 (185)Calories 371 per serving
QUINOA AND BLACK BEAN SALAD RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
QUINOA AND BLACK BEAN SALAD RECIPE, EAT RIGHT, NHLBI, NIH
QUINOA SALAD WITH BLACK OLIVES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
BLACK BEAN AND QUINOA SALAD - INSPIRED TASTE
RED QUINOA AND BLACK BEAN VEGETABLE SALAD – OH SHE GLOWS
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #salads #grains #dietary #pasta-rice-and-grains
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What can I make with quinoa and black beans?Whisk olive oil, lime juice, cumin, and 1 teaspoon salt together in a bowl to make dressing. Combine cooled quinoa, black beans, and cucumber in a large bowl. Pour in dressing and toss to coat. Stir in cilantro and season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate or serve immediately.
How do you make a quinoa salad?Transfer quinoa to a large bowl and cool. Add beans, corn, bell pepper, jalapeños, and coriander and toss well. In a small bowl whisk together lime juice, salt, and cumin and add oil in a stream, whisking. Drizzle dressing over salad and toss well with salt and pepper to taste. Salad may be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered.
How long does quinoa and black bean salad last?The quinoa grains absorb the lime juice and chili salt. This salad will stay fresh in an airtight container for up to five days. It also travels well if you're looking for a vegetarian side dish to bring to a party or picnic. How do you serve quinoa and black bean salad?
How to cook corn on the cob with quinoa and quinoa?Cover and let stand until corn is warmed through, about 5 minutes. Whisk lime juice, red wine vinegar, lime zest, and cumin together in a large bowl. Whisk in avocado oil. Add black beans, red bell pepper, red onion, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in quinoa and corn.