BRAISED PORK CHOPS
Simple seasonings in this recipe let the wonderful natural flavor of braised pork chops really shine through. With homemade bread and a salad, this makes a delightful meal.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour, salt and pepper. Add chops; seal bag and shake to coat. , In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook chops in oil for about 3 minutes per side or until well browned. Remove chops and set aside. Cook onion, celery and garlic in drippings until tender. , Return chops to the skillet; add broth, thyme and bay leaf. Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until pork juices run clear. Remove bay leaf. , Transfer chops to a serving plate. With a slotted spoon, remove celery and onion; spoon over chops. Thicken juices for gravy if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 433 calories, Fat 26g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 111mg cholesterol, Sodium 679mg sodium, Carbohydrate 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 38g protein.
BRAISED PORK CHOPS
- Heat oil in a large heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat. Brown pork chops on all sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together mustard, vinegar, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic salt with 1/3 cup water. Pour over pork chops. Reduce heat, cover, and cook until tender, about 1 hour.
- Transfer pork to a serving platter. Raise heat to medium-high and cook sauce until thickened, about 5 minutes. Pour sauce over pork chops; garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
BRAISED PORK CHOPS
This recipe comes from The Pillsbury Complete Cookbook, which I received as a wedding present from my husband's Aunt Wilma. I adapted the recipe to suit my family's taste. The chops always come out tender and very flavorful!
Provided by Kim D.
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, brown pork chops in olive oil, turning to brown on both sides.
- Add water and remaining ingredients.
- Cover and simmer for about 20-30 minutes until pork chops are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 571.5, Fat 38.2, SaturatedFat 10.4, Cholesterol 170.8, Sodium 206.2, Carbohydrate 1.4, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 0.5, Protein 52.1
BRAISED PORK CHOPS WITH SAGE
- Combine the sugar and 1/4 cup salt in a shallow bowl; whisk in 3 cups water. Pierce the pork all over with a fork, then add to the bowl and soak 10 minutes. Remove and pat dry.
- Put the flour on a plate. Season the pork with pepper, then dredge in the flour. Heat the olive oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat; add the pork and cook, undisturbed, until golden on the bottom, 5 minutes. Add the sage to the skillet; flip the pork chops so they rest on top of the sage. Scatter the garlic, lemon slices and pepperoncini around the pork. Cook, undisturbed, until golden on the other side, about 5 more minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, chicken broth and 1/2 cup water to the skillet and reduce the heat to medium low. Simmer, flipping the pork halfway through, until the liquid is reduced by half and the meat is tender, about 15 minutes. Serve with the couscous; top with the parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 548 calorie, Fat 16 grams, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Cholesterol 77 milligrams, Sodium 1004 milligrams, Carbohydrate 59 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 39 grams
BEER-BRAISED PORK CHOPS
The sweet and slightly bitter flavor of dark beer makes for a rich, full-flavored sauce for this pork chop dinner. Served with a delicious braise of cabbage, bacon and beans this is a great way to enjoy a hearty and comforting weeknight dinner.
Provided by Young Sun Huh
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until the fat renders and the bacon is crisp, about 6 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat into a small bowl and reserve. Add the onion and thyme sprigs to the skillet and cook until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Add the beans and 3/4 cup chicken broth and cook until the beans are tender and most of the broth evaporates, about 5 minutes. Add the cabbage and cook until wilted. Season with salt, pepper and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Rub the pork chops with salt, pepper and the chopped thyme, then coat with the flour. Heat 1 tablespoon of the reserved bacon fat in a separate skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork chops and cook until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove to a plate. Add the beer and remaining 1/2 cup chicken broth to the skillet and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan; bring to a simmer. Return the pork to the skillet, reduce the heat to medium low and loosely cover. Cook until the pork is cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove the pork to a plate and let rest.
- Continue cooking the braising liquid until reduced and thickened, about 6 minutes; swirl in the butter. Divide the bean-cabbage mixture among plates. Slice the pork and add to the plates. Top with the pan sauce, bacon and another pinch of red pepper flakes.
VINEGAR-BRAISED PORK SHOULDER CHOPS
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large Dutch oven or heavy pot with a tight-fitting lid, heat oil over high. Season chops with salt and pepper. In batches, cook chops until browned on both sides, 5 minutes per batch, flipping once. Layer chops in pot and add vinegar, 1 cup water, sugar, and garlic. Cover, transfer to oven, and braise until cooking liquid is reduced by three-quarters and chops are tender, 40 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with pan juices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 329 g, Fat 17 g, Protein 33 g
BEER-BRAISED PORK CHOPS
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag. Add pork chops and shake well to coat thoroughly.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and heat until sizzling. Add pork chops in a single layer. Saute until browned on one side, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Turn pork chops over and cook for an additional 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Transfer pork chops to a plate.
- Add beer, vinegar, mustard, brown sugar, and rosemary to the skillet and mix well. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Return pork chops to the skillet, cover, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until pork chops are no longer pink in the center, 10 to 12 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
- Transfer pork chops to a plate. Increase heat to medium and boil pan juices in the skillet until thickened, whisking often, about 3 minutes. Top pork chops with sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 311.7 calories, Carbohydrate 17.4 g, Cholesterol 66.6 mg, Fat 13.3 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 24.7 g, SaturatedFat 4.9 g, Sodium 439 mg, Sugar 6.6 g
BRAISED PORK CHOPS
- Soak the chops in brine or inject with hot-pepper liquid 1 to 24 hours before cooking. (To inject chops, fill the syringe with liquid, insert about 2 inches into the side of each chop and inject.)
- Remove the chops from the brine and dry with paper towels.
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven or deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chops and sear until browned, about 1 minute per side. Reduce the heat to medium and add water to a depth of about 1/4 inch. Cover the pan and cook 7 minutes, adjusting the heat so the water simmers steadily, adding water as needed.
- Turn the chops and cook until they reach an internal temperature of 145 to160 degrees, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the pan, cover and let stand 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 430, UnsaturatedFat 18 grams, Carbohydrate 1 gram, Fat 28 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 41 grams, SaturatedFat 7 grams, Sodium 110 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams, TransFat 0 grams
BRAISED PORK CHOPS WITH TOMATOES, ANCHOVIES AND ROSEMARY
This is the sort of thing to make when you long for a satisfying, braised beef pot roast, but you don't have the several hours required. Here, pork chops are seared until they're mahogany in color, then tossed in with a quick sauce of tomatoes, garlic, rosemary and anchovies. The whole mess goes in to the oven for about 15 minutes until the chops are cooked through. Don't be put off by the anchovies; they will magically melt into the sauce.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories dinner, easy, quick, one pot, main course
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Rinse pork chops and pat dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper. In a large, ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat, place 1 tablespoon oil. Sear chops until well browned, 3 to 4 minutes a side. Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining tablespoon oil to skillet and sauté onion and rosemary until onions are golden, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add tomatoes, anchovies and remaining salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes begin to break down, about 8 minutes.
- Add pork chops to skillet, spooning sauce over chops. Cover skillet and transfer to oven to bake until a thermometer inserted into center of meat reads 145 degrees, about 15 minutes. Allow chops to rest for 5 minutes in pan. If desired, serve with polenta, noodles or rice to soak up sauce.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 501, UnsaturatedFat 21 grams, Carbohydrate 27 grams, Fat 31 grams, Fiber 8 grams, Protein 32 grams, SaturatedFat 8 grams, Sodium 1233 milligrams, Sugar 15 grams
EASY BRAISED PORK CHOPS
This recipe creates very juicy tender pork chops, and caramelized onions. I serve the onions over mashed potatoes.
Provided by Karen Parnell
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in medium hot skillet.
- Brown chops for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove chops from pan.
- Sauté onions and garlic in pan 2 minutes, until soft.
- Reduce heat to low, and return chops to pan.
- Spread the onions over the chops, cover and braise for 45 minutes.
BRAISED HERB PORK CHOPS
These herb-packed braised pork chops are great for entertaining because it comes together quickly and bakes for 2 hours. While visiting, my guests and I can enjoy the wonderful aroma. -Darci Truax, Billings, Montana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 7 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Combine the first 8 ingredients; rub over both sides of pork chops. In a Dutch oven, brown chops in oil for 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove and set aside. In the same pan, saute onions and garlic for 2 minutes. Add carrots and broth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat., Return chops to pan. Cover and bake at 325° until meat and vegetables are tender, 1-1/2 to 2 hours. If desired, thicken pan juices. Serve with potatoes and if desired, top with chopped fresh thyme. Freeze option: Cool pork mixture. Freeze in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through slowly in a covered skillet until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 284 calories, Fat 13g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 86mg cholesterol, Sodium 516mg sodium, Carbohydrate 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 32g protein.
More about "braised pork chops recipes"
SIMPLE BRAISED PORK CHOPS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4/5 (116)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory Entree, DinnerCalories 455 per serving
BRAISED PORK CHOPS IN CIDER - WEST COAST FOODS
BRAISED PORK CHOPS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SKILLET BRAISED PORK CHOPS - VALERIE'S KITCHEN
MILK-BRAISED PORK CHOPS WITH MASHED POTATOES AND GRAVY
BRAISED PORK BELLY RECIPE- HOW TO MAKE IT MELT-IN-THE-MOUTH
BRAISED PORK CHOPS WITH COUNTRY GRAVY - GRUMPY'S HONEYBUNCH
BRAISED PORK CHOPS WITH APPLES AND ONION RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BRAISED PORK CHOPS | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
OVEN-BRAISED PORK CHOPS WITH RED ONION AND PEARS - LIDIA
EASY MILK-BRAISED PORK CHOPS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
HERB BRAISED PORK CHOPS WITH CREAMY ONION GRAVY
OVEN BRAISED PORK CHOPS WITH MUSHROOMS - CLASSIC-RECIPES
BRAISED PORK CHOPS WITH ONION RECIPE (CHINESE CUISINE)
BALSAMIC QUICK-BRAISED PORK CHOPS | WILLIAMS SONOMA
BRAISED PORK CHOPS - CRUNCHY CREAMY SWEET
PICTURE OF FRIED PORK CHOPS - THERESCIPES.INFO
110 PORK IDEAS IN 2022 | PORK, PORK RECIPES, RECIPES
MILK-BRAISED PORK CHOPS | LODGE CAST IRON
BRAISED PORK CHOPS WITH CREAM GRAVY RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
OVEN BRAISED PORK CHOPS (PORK CHOPS RECIPES)
BRAISED PORK CHOPS WITH ALE AND ONIONS - CRAFT BEERING
PORK CHOP WHITE WINE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
BRAISED PORK CHOPS – A LOVELACE CAFE COPYCAT RECIPE
EASY BONELESS PORK CHOP - RECIPES - PAGE 9 | COOKS.COM
BRAISED PORK CHOP RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #main-dish #pork #oven #stove-top #dietary #comfort-food #meat #pork-chops #taste-mood #equipment #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook braised pork chops for entertaining?These herb-packed braised pork chops are great for entertaining because it comes together quickly and bakes for 2 hours. While visiting, my guests and I can enjoy the wonderful aroma. —Darci Truax, Billings, Montana Combine the first 8 ingredients; rub over both sides of pork chops. In a Dutch oven, brown chops in oil for 2-3 minutes on each side.
How to cook pork chops in a skillet?After a quick sear, these Skillet Braised Pork Chops are cooked low and slow in a balsamic pan sauce to create an incredibly savory meal. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat, add the pork chops.
How to cook pork chops in a Dutch oven?In a Dutch oven, brown chops in oil for 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove and set aside. In the same pan, saute onions and garlic for 2 minutes. Add carrots and broth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Return chops to pan. Cover and bake at 325° until meat and vegetables are tender, 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
How to cook pork chops in oven with olive oil?Instructions Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat, add the pork chops. Drain grease from pan and add remaining tablespoon of olive oil. If you prefer to use the oven, cover the skillet (ovenproof) or transfer to a baking pan and cover tightly with foil. Adapted from About.com