BRAN FLAX MUFFINS
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together flour, flaxseed meal, oat bran, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Stir in carrots, apples, raisins and nuts.
- Combine milk, beaten eggs and vanilla.
- Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Stir until ingredients are moistened. DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 234, Fat 8.7, SaturatedFat 1.4, Cholesterol 26.5, Sodium 361.4, Carbohydrate 36.5, Fiber 4.5, Sugar 18, Protein 6.2
These hearty muffins freeze perfectly for up to three months. Use resealable plastic freezer bags or freezer containers.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Place a paper baking cup in each of 12 regular-size muffin cups, or spray just the bottoms of the cups with cooking spray.
- Place cereal in a resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal the bag. Roll over cereal with a rolling pin or bottle, or press with bottom of small saucepan, to crush cereal into fine crumbs.
- In a medium bowl, stir the crushed cereal, milk, raisins and vanilla until well mixed. Let stand about 5 minutes or until cereal has softened. Beat in the oil and egg with a fork.
- In another medium bowl, stir the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon until well mixed. Stir flour mixture into cereal mixture just until flour is moistened (batter will be lumpy). Spoon the batter into the cups, dividing batter evenly.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If muffins were baked in paper baking cups, immediately remove from pan to a cooling rack. If muffins were baked in a sprayed pan, leave in pan about 5 minutes, then remove from pan to a cooling rack. Serve warm if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 170, Carbohydrate 26 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 3 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, ServingSize 1 Muffin, Sodium 210 mg, Sugar 10 g, TransFat 0 g
CLASSIC BRAN MUFFINS
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- Mix together wheat bran and buttermilk; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Beat together oil, egg, sugar and vanilla and add to buttermilk/bran mixture. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir flour mixture into buttermilk mixture, until just blended. Fold in raisins and spoon batter into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 167.5 calories, Carbohydrate 25.6 g, Cholesterol 16.3 mg, Fat 7.1 g, Fiber 3.5 g, Protein 3.5 g, SaturatedFat 1.3 g, Sodium 262.2 mg, Sugar 8.9 g
BEST BRAN MUFFINS
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Make a well in the center. Combine the egg, oil, molasses, buttermilk and pineapple with juice. Pour into well; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in the nuts, dates or raisins. , Fill 18 greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts :
YUMMY BRAN & FLAX MUFFINS
Lightly sweet and heart healthy. Uses oat bran and flax seeds which are high in omega-3 fatty acids. This recipe is an adaptation of one we found on the University of Virginia Cancer Center website. This version adds heart healthy oat bran plus a few other yummy things like vanilla and orange peel. Diabetics could substitute the brown sugar for splenda & brown sugar mix.
Provided by Moogliwoogli
Categories Quick Breads
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line muffin pan with paper liners (12) or coat the muffin tins lightly with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients and set aside.
- Beat the applesauce, eggs, oil, brown sugar, vanilla and orange peel with a fork until well mixed. Note: the liquid ingredients will all fit in a 2c measuring cup with enough room to mix them together.
- Pour into dry ingredients and mix by hand being careful not to over mix.
- Fold in nuts and dried fruit.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups and if desired, sprinkle with a bit of oatmeal flakes.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before placing on a cooling rack.
- Freezes well if placed in a zip lock bag. Just microwave 15-30 seconds to reheat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 186.8, Fat 6.2, SaturatedFat 0.9, Cholesterol 35.2, Sodium 268.9, Carbohydrate 31.3, Fiber 2.6, Sugar 12.8, Protein 4.5
BRAN FLAX MUFFINS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease muffin pan or line with paper muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, flax seed, oat bran, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add the milk, eggs, vanilla and oil; mix until just blended. Stir in the carrots, apples, raisins and nuts. Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake at 350 F (175 degrees C) for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 272.1 calories, Carbohydrate 40.9 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Fat 11 g, Fiber 5.2 g, Protein 6.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.5 g, Sodium 448.8 mg, Sugar 21.4 g
More about "bran flax muffins recipes"
HIGH FIBER FLAXSEED BRAN MUFFINS - KITCHEN CENTS
Servings 48Total Time 40 mins
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and shortening together until fluffy. Add eggs and mix well. Then mix in buttermilk until combine.
- In another large bowl mix bran flakes and bran. Pour cold baking soda water over cereals and toss.
- Take buttermilk mixture and add flour, ground oats, ground flaxseed and salt. Only mix until incorporated.
FLAX AND OAT BRAN MUFFINS RECIPE - STL COOKS
BOB'S RED MILL APPLE-CARROT BRAN FLAXSEED MUFFINS
OAT & BRAN MUFFINS|BLUEBERRY OAT FLAXSEED MUFFINS
CLASSIC BRAN MUFFINS - ROGERS FOODS
PERFECT VEGAN BRAN MUFFINS | THE MOSTLY VEGAN
10 BEST BRAN MUFFINS WITH BRAN FLAKES RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST OAT BRAN MUFFINS WITH FLAX SEED RECIPES
OAT BRAN FLAX MUFFINS RECIPE - ANDREA MEYERS
ORANGE BRAN FLAX MUFFINS | FLAX COUNCIL OF CANADA
Estimated Reading Time 40 secs
PUMPKIN BRAN FLAX MUFFINS - THERESCIPES.INFO
THE BEST BRAN MUFFINS - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
KID-APPROVED BUTTERMILK BRAN MUFFIN RECIPE | CREATE KIDS CLUB
DELICIOUS BRAN FLAX MUFFINS - ANAR ALLIDINA
BOB'S RED MILL FLAXSEED BRAN MUFFINS RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
BRAN FLAX MUFFINS | RECIPESTY
BOB'S RED MILL BRAN FLAX MUFFINS (WITH SOME EXTRA HEALTHY TWISTS) …
BRAN FLAX MUFFINS - YUM TASTE
BRAN FLAX MUFFINS - CARROT MUFFIN RECIPES
CUSTOMER SERVICE - BOB'S RED MILL NATURAL FOODS
FLAX - BRAN MUFFINS - BIGOVEN.COM
BLUEBERRY FLAX OAT BRAN MUFFINS - JOYOUS HEALTH
BEST EVER BRAN MUFFINS | THE RECIPE CRITIC
LOW CARB BRAN MUFFIN RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
BLUEBERRY FLAX OAT BRAN MUFFINS RECIPE | SIDECHEF
EVERYTHING ZUCCHINI BRAN MUFFINS - AMEE'S SAVORY DISH
BRAN MUFFINS - CREME DE LA CRUMB
BRAN FLAX MUFFINS : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
ORANGE BRAN FLAX MUFFINS - DOUG COOK RD
BRAN MUFFINS - THE SUPER HEALTHY RECIPE! - CHOCOLATE …
BRAN FLAXSEED CRANBERRY MUFFINS | CANADIAN LIVING
OAT & BRAN MUFFINS|CHIA, FLAX AND OAT BERRY MUFFINS - ROBINHOOD
BRAN FLAX MUFFINS RECIPE - JANE RECIPES
CLASSIC BRAN MUFFINS RECIPE - SPLENDA®
HEALTHY BRAN MUFFINS WITH MOLASSES | THE PICKY EATER
BRAN FLAX MUFFINS | RECIPE | BRAN MUFFIN RECIPES, FLAX MUFFINS, FLAX …
CLASSIC BRAN MUFFINS RECIPE BY ARCHANA'S KITCHEN
THE BEST OAT BRAN MUFFINS - EATING BIRD FOOD
BEST EVER BRAN MUFFINS - FLUFFY AND DELICIOUS!
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #for-large-groups #breads #breakfast #fruit #vegetables #oven #easy #finger-food #picnic #vegetarian #muffins #grains #dietary #brown-bag #quick-breads #apples #pasta-rice-and-grains #carrots #brunch #to-go #equipment #number-of-servings #presentation
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make a flax Muffin?Directions. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease muffin pan or line with paper muffin liners. In a large bowl, mix together flour, flax seed, oat bran, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add the milk, eggs, vanilla and oil; mix until just blended.
How do you make cranberry muffins with All Bran?Preheat oven 375*. In bowl stir together All Bran and milk; let soak 5 minutes. Meanwhile combine flour,flax seed,brown sugar blend,baking soda, baking powder, salt,raisins and cinnamon. Add Egg Beater, canola oil and vanilla to the All Bran. Gently stir in dry flour mixture with the wet ingredients. Add cranberries. Spoon batter into muffin tips.
What is the best way to make low fat muffins?These muffins are low in fat, have lots of fiber and are even delicious. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease muffin pan or line with paper muffin liners. In a large bowl, mix together flour, flax seed, oat bran, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add the milk, eggs, vanilla and oil; mix until just blended.
What is the best recipe for Apple muffin mix?Grease muffin pan or line with paper muffin liners. In a large bowl, mix together flour, flax seed, oat bran, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add the milk, eggs, vanilla and oil; mix until just blended. Stir in the carrots, apples, raisins and nuts.