PEAR BREAD PUDDING
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, stir together the brown sugar, 1/4 cup white sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt. Mix in the butter and 1 tablespoon of vanilla just until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, 1 cup white sugar, half-and-half, 1 teaspoon of vanilla, pear brandy and salt.
- Line the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish with a layer of bread. Top with a layer of pear. Pour about 1/4 of the custard over the layers followed by about 1/3 of the heavy cream. Sprinkle with some of the crumb topping. Repeat layers until you are out of ingredients, ending with the crumb topping on top. Press down on the layers as needed to help them absorb the liquid. Cover the pan with parchment paper then seal with aluminum foil. Place another baking pan on top or two dinner plates to keep it from puffing while it bakes.
- Place the pudding onto a larger pan or cookie sheet with sides. Pour boiling water into the bottom pan until it is half way full.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, then reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and continue baking for 25 minutes. Pudding is done when a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 680.3 calories, Carbohydrate 86.5 g, Cholesterol 206.1 mg, Fat 30.8 g, Fiber 4.7 g, Protein 14 g, SaturatedFat 17.1 g, Sodium 859.2 mg, Sugar 33.3 g
PEAR BREAD PUDDING
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat rum mixture and pour over raisins; set aside.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in frypan, add pears and cook 5 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup sugar, stir and cook 2 more minutes and then put aside.
- Place bread in bowl.
- Scald milk and pour over bread.
- Let soak 5 minutes.
- Add raisin mixture and pears with syrup.
- Beat together eggs, rest of sugar, vanilla and stir in bread mixture.
- Pour in buttered baking dish, bake at 350°F for 50 minutes.
BREAD PUDDING PEAR PIE
I've been serving this simple but elegant dessert for many years, after a friend shared the recipe, I especially enjoy baking yummy desserts. I guess it's in the genes--my grandfather came over from Norway and started a bakery in a small Minnesota town. -Kris Bailey Villand, Minnesota
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Coarsely chop pears; place in a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Add the milk, vanilla, lemon zest and salt; mix well. Stir in crumbled English muffins; pour over pears. bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool slightly on a wire rack., For butterscotch sauce, combine brown sugar and butter in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until butter is melted. gradually add 1/2 cup cream. Bring to a slow boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla; set aside., In a small bowl, beat the remaining cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Cut into wedges. Garnish with whipped cream and pear slices if desired. serve with butterscotch sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 541 calories, Fat 27g fat (16g saturated fat), Cholesterol 184mg cholesterol, Sodium 370mg sodium, Carbohydrate 70g carbohydrate (56g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
PEACHY PEAR BREAD PUDDING
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- Spread margarine thinly on both sides of slices of bread. Cut each slice into 3/4-inch cubes. Place bread in an 8-inch square baking dish that has been lightly sprayed with vegetable spray.
- Arrange peaches and pears on top of bread and sprinkle cranberries over all.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg, egg substitute, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg until well combined.
- Gradually add milk to egg mixture, stirring well. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour egg mixture over bread mixture; do not stir.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until pudding is lightly browned.
- Serve warm topped with a small amount of fat-free whipped topping if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 112.8, Fat 1.6, SaturatedFat 0.4, Cholesterol 27.4, Sodium 121.8, Carbohydrate 19.9, Fiber 0.9, Sugar 14.6, Protein 4.8
BREAD PUDDING PIE
This unique dessert is a bread pudding-pie combo. It was created by my paternal grandmother's family. They had a farm and made their own bread, which made this a low-cost dessert. - Kelly Barnes, Lexington, Indiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 425°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim crust to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge. Arrange bread in bottom of pie crust. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla; pour over bread. Sprinkle with nutmeg and dot with butter. Bake 10 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 350°., Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 45-50 minutes longer. Cover edge loosely with foil during the last 15 minutes if needed to prevent overbrowning. Remove foil. Cool on a wire rack 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 314 calories, Fat 15g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 84mg cholesterol, Sodium 230mg sodium, Carbohydrate 39g carbohydrate (22g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
PEAR BREAD PUDDING
- Toss the pear slices with the lemon juice; then, place them in a saucepan with 1/2 cup of the sugar, 1 teaspoon each of the cinnamon and nutmeg, and the wine. Cook over medium heat until wine is reduced so it just coats the pears.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Scald the milk in a saucepan. Remove from the heat, and stir in the remaining sugar and the salt. Mix the eggs with the vanilla, rum and remaining cinnamon and nutmeg, and gradually whisk into the milk.
- Place the bread cubes in an 8-inch-square baking pan 2 inches deep. Pour the egg mixture over the bread and press down so it absorbs the liquid. Place the baking pan in another pan. Add boiling water to come halfway up the sides. Bake 20 minutes.
- Spread the pear mixture over the top, return to the oven and bake 20 minutes longer.
- Cool on a rack about 30 minutes, but serve warm. Garnish each serving with a sprig of mint and, if desired, serve with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 472, UnsaturatedFat 4 grams, Carbohydrate 71 grams, Fat 8 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 13 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 316 milligrams, Sugar 49 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "bread pudding pear pie recipes"
UNBELIEVABLE PECAN PIE BREAD PUDDING - THEBESTDESSERTRECIPES.COM
PEAR AND APPLE BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
RECIPE: MAPLE SOURDOUGH BREAD PUDDING WITH PEAR CARAMEL
CARAMELIZED PEAR BREAD PUDDING : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
PEAR BREAD PUDDING - LIDIA
BUTTERSCOTCH PEAR BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - REAL FOOD, MOSTLY PLANTS
BREAD PUDDING PEAR PIE RECIPE | TASTE OF HOME
PEAR BREAD PUDDING | RECIPE | BREAD PUDDING, PEAR BREAD, RECIPES
CARAMELIZED PEAR BREAD PUDDING RECIPE | EATINGWELL
BREAD PUDDING PEAR PIE BEST RECIPES
PEAR BREAD PUDDING RECIPE | WILLIAMS-SONOMA TASTE
PEAR WALNUT BREAD PUDDING - MAGNOLIA DAYS
CINNAMON APPLE PEAR BREAD PUDDING - PLATTER TALK
SPICED PEAR BREAD PUDDING WITH BUTTERSCOTCH SAUCE | RECIPE | PEAR …
PEAR BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
PEAR BREAD PUDDING RECIPE
BREAD PUDDING PEAR PIE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
PECAN PIE BREAD PUDDING RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
BREAD PUDDING WITH PEARS | RECIPE | PUDDING, BREAD PUDDING, PEAR …
BREAD PUDDING PEAR PIE | RECIPE | PEAR PIE, BREAD PUDDING, JUST …
PEAR PARKIN PUDDING WITH CUSTARD RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
PEAR BREAD PUDDING RECIPE | MYRECIPES
MICROWAVE BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
CINNAMON ROLL-PEAR BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
BREAD PUDDING PIE - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
BREAD PUDDING PEAR PIE - CRECIPE.COM
BREAD PUDDING WITH PEARS RECIPE | BREAD PUDDING | BAKEPEDIA
PEAR AND BREAD PUDDING - PUDDING VIDEOS
PEAR CINNAMON BREAD : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
OVERRIPE PEARS: 10 RECIPES TO USE THEM | FINE DINING LOVERS
PECAN PIE BREAD PUDDING - THIS IS HOW I COOK
BREAD PUDDING WITH PEARS RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
PEAR AND APPLE BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
PEAR BREAD PUDDING - BREAD PUDDING RECIPES
CARAMEL PEAR BREAD - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES AND …
CARAMELIZED PEAR BREAD PUDDING - NITHI'S CLICK N COOK
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How long to bake a pudding in the oven?Place the pudding onto a larger pan or cookie sheet with sides. Pour boiling water into the bottom pan until it is half way full. Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, then reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and continue baking for 25 minutes.
Can I make bread pudding in the slow cooker?We made bread pudding in the slow cooker, a while back. Today’s version of Cinnamon Apple Pear Bread Pudding Recipe offers more of a custard component, not a great deal, unlike French toast. The cinnamon gives it a unique warmness, and the fresh apples and pears balance it out nicely.
How to make bread pudding?In a large bowl, whisk the milk, eggs, 1/3 cup sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and salt until combined. Pour over the bread. Press the bread lightly to submerge it in the egg mixture. Let stand until the bread has soaked up the egg mixture, 10 to 15 minutes. Bake until a knife inserted in the center of the bread pudding comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes.
How to cook pears in the oven?Preheat an oven to 325°F (165°C). Generously grease a 2-quart (2-l) shallow baking dish with 1 Tbs. of the butter. In a large fry pan, melt 2 Tbs. of the butter over medium-high heat. Add the pears and cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to brown, about 5 minutes.