BRITISH BREAD PUDDING
Bread pudding - the English variety, not to be confused with 'bread and butter pudding' - this is more like a spiced cake than a dessert.
Provided by ANNE FAIRPO
Categories Desserts Specialty Dessert Recipes Bread Pudding Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine bread and milk, and set aside to soak for 5 minutes. Then stir in egg, butter, raisins, mixed fruit, brown sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Mix well. Press the mixture into a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden and firm to touch, about 35 minutes. Leave in baking pan to cool, then cut into squares.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 204 calories, Carbohydrate 31.5 g, Cholesterol 31.1 mg, Fat 7.2 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 5.1 g, SaturatedFat 4.1 g, Sodium 174.1 mg, Sugar 17.8 g
BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING
This simple bread pudding is an easy way to use up those bits and pieces that seem to lie around the pantry. Save a fortune and make this tasty pudding. I like to serve this with custard sauce but it goes well with whipped cream, ice cream, or also great on its own.
Provided by Anonymous
Categories World Cuisine Recipes European UK and Ireland English
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch round pie dish or cake pan.
- Butter the bread on both sides and cut into triangles. Arrange a single layer of buttered bread in the bottom of the greased pan, slightly overlapping the triangles. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the sugar and all of the currants. Arrange the remaining bread on top, then sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Beat milk, eggs, and nutmeg together. Pour over the bread and press down firmly to compress the pudding and help the bread absorb the milk mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown and set, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 383.1 calories, Carbohydrate 46 g, Cholesterol 108.4 mg, Fat 19.6 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 7.7 g, SaturatedFat 11.4 g, Sodium 389.5 mg, Sugar 29.7 g
BRITISH BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING
Found for the World Tour 2005 - yet *another* version of Bread & Butter Pudding!! "Very fattening but lovely, and warming too on a cold winter night." He he. I have not made this *yet* so I guesstimated at some of the proportions (butter, brown sugar & fruit) - please adjust to taste.
Provided by Elmotoo
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Butter the slices all over, both sides and line the dish.
- Sprinkle over the dried fruit or other fruits (fig and banana -- ).
- Sprinkle approximately 2TB brown sugar over that and add a cover of more buttered bread, covering all the fruit.
- Pierce the bread a few times and then slowly pour over the milk, letting it all soak into the bread before adding more. When the bread is really sopping with milk sprinkle about 1TB more brown sugar over the top and then a little cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
- Bake in a low oven, approx 140C, 275F, for a couple of hours until it rises up and the sugar caramelizes on top.
- Serve hot with ice cream or cold with custard.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 482.7, Fat 17.9, SaturatedFat 10.5, Cholesterol 47.6, Sodium 429.1, Carbohydrate 75.5, Fiber 5.4, Sugar 12.2, Protein 9.3
TRADITIONAL BRITISH BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING
This is my mums recipe which she has been cookin since the early 1950s, I've asked her where she got it from but its been that long she can't remember; I had cravings for this whilst recently pregnant and religiously cooked one on a Sunday which I ate all to myself as DH was on a diet and my daughter decided she didn't like it without trying it (typical 5 yr old!) I usually don't measure the sugar or sultanas which are scattered over the bread and just guess it, it all depends on how sweet your tooth is. Prep time includes standing time.
Provided by Lou van
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Cut the buttered bread slices into quarters and arrange half in an ovenproof dish.
- Scatter over half the sultanas and 2 tbsp sugar.
- Repeat with the second layer of bread and scatter over remaining sultanas and 2 tbsp sugar.
- Make the custard by beating the eggs with the 2 oz sugar and milk.
- Pour over the bread.
- Leave to stand for approx an hour.
- Cook at 150 C for approx an hour until the custard is set, make sure the oven isn't too hot as the custard will curdle.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 387.4, Fat 9, SaturatedFat 4.2, Cholesterol 156.6, Sodium 244.4, Carbohydrate 67.9, Fiber 1.7, Sugar 44.7, Protein 11.6
BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING
Transform a stale loaf into a comforting bread and butter pudding. This traditional British dessert is layered with a rich vanilla custard, dried fruit and lemon zest
Provided by Katy Gilhooly
Categories Dessert, Treat
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 180C/160C/gas 4. To make the custard, heat the milk, cream and vanilla pod with its scraped out seeds (if using) together in a saucepan to just below boiling point. Meanwhile whisk the eggs and yolk with the caster sugar in a jug. Slowly pour the warm milk mixture, including the vanilla pod, over the eggs, stirring constantly until smooth. Stir in the vanilla extract now if using.
- Lightly butter an ovenproof dish approximately 20cm x 25cm x 5cm. Cut the crusts from the bread slices, then butter both sides of the bread and cut into triangles. Lay half of the bread slices in the bottom of the dish so that they are slightly overlapping. Mix the dried fruit with the lemon zest and sprinkle half of the mix over the bread. Layer the rest of the bread on top then sprinkle over the remaining fruit.
- Remove the vanilla pod from the custard then pour the custard over the pudding. Leave to soak for at least 30 mins, or longer in the fridge, if you like. Sprinkle over the demerara and bake for 35-40 mins until golden brown and puffed up.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 566 calories, Fat 40 grams fat, SaturatedFat 23 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 42 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 29 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 9 grams protein
More about "british bread and butter pudding recipes"
BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCategory Dessert
BRITISH APPLE BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING ⋆ ANNE'S KITCHEN
19 BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING RECIPES - DELICIOUS.
INDIVIDUAL BREAD-AND-BUTTER PUDDING | RECIPES | DELIA …
BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING RECIPES - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
54 BRITISH PUDDINGS - DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
ENGLISH BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING - TRADITIONAL BRITISH …
BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING | RECIPES | DELIA ONLINE
BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING | RECIPETIN EATS
BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING RECIPE - BBC FOOD
BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING - WIKIPEDIA
EASY BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
BREAD & BUTTER PUDDING RECIPE | GORDON RAMSAY RECIPES
BRIAN'S BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING - CASTLEWOOD HOUSE DINGLE
THE BEST BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING RECIPE - CONFESSIONS OF A …
DARK CHOCOLATE AND MARMALADE BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING - GREAT …
TOMATO BREAD-AND-BUTTER PUDDING WITH RICOTTA AND MUSTARD …
BRITISH BREAD PUDDING - RECIPE
BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING - ALSO THE CRUMBS PLEASE
BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING: THE TRADITIONAL BRITISH RECIPE
RECIPE OF PERFECT BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING | THE BRITISH MEAL
OLD TIME BREAD PUDDING - THE ENGLISH KITCHEN
AUNT ROSA'S BRITISH BREAD PUDDING, NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH BREAD …
BREAD & BUTTER PUDDING RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
RECIPE: BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING | LEARNENGLISH TEENS - BRITISH …
BRITISH BREAD & BUTTER PUDDING — CHEF AVENUE
BRITISH BREAD PUDDING - BRITISH CUISINE
BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING (WITH CROISSANTS) - COOKING CANARY
BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING RECIPE - PERFECT DESCRIPTION
PUDDING POWER! GREAT BRITISH DESSERTS YOU'LL WANT TO TRY
BRITISH BREAD RECIPES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
RICE PUDDING; BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING RECIPE
SAVOURY BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING - GREAT BRITISH RECIPES
BRITISH BREAD PUDDING | RECIPESTY
BRITISH HOT CROSS BUN BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING - TYPE 1 KITCHEN
TRADITIONAL BRITISH QUEEN OF PUDDINGS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING - THEHAPPYFOODIE.CO.UK
BRITISH BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
BRITISH BREAD PUDDING - ENGLISH RECIPES
MARY BERRY’S BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #desserts #eggs-dairy #easy #european #vegetarian #puddings-and-mousses #english #dietary #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love