This is a very simple yet tasty side dish. It is a Semi-cooked hot vegetable that gives a totally different taste and texture to cooked zucchini. I created this dish years ago because I did not care for the taste and texture of soft cooked zucchini. This has been a family favorite ever since. I am giving the ingredients for one serving and you can simply multiply it for the number you wish to make.
Provided by CarrolJ
Yield 1 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Wash off zucchini, cut off ends and split lengthwise.
- Lay the split pieces of zucchini cut side up in a lightly greased baking dish.
- Pour over the butter or oil.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the cut edge.
- Sprinkle with spices.
- Broil just until the zucchini slices get a lovely light brown on the top.
- Remove from the broiler, it will be cooked ala-dente' with about half of the crunch still in it.
- It is easiest to eat with a sharp knife handy to cut into small chunks for each bite -- but make sure you get some of the spices and cheese with each bite -- hm-m-m-m.
ROASTED SQUASH VEGETABLE MEDLEY
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine zucchini and yellow squash pieces with onions and mushrooms in a mixing bowl. Add oil to the bowl, 2 turns of the bowl in a slow stream. Toss veggies until they are coated lightly and evenly with the oil.
- Combine poultry seasoning with salt and pepper and sprinkle evenly over the vegetables. Toss them again to combine and spread them out on to a baking sheet. Place veggies in a hot oven and roast 20 to 25 minutes until tender. Toss and turn the veggies with kitchen tongs half way through cooking time.
BBQ VEGETABLE MEDLEY
- Pour the oil in a large bowl and add the peppers, tomatoes, onion, squash, zucchini, and basil in a bowl and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Let vegetables stand for 10 minutes before placing them into a BBQ wok basket.
- Heat the grill to medium. Place vegetables (in the wok basket) on the grill and cook, stirring occasionally. Remove the vegetables from the grill and serve immediately.
ROASTED VEGETABLE MEDLEY
This colorful dish has the perfect blend of sweet and savory. It is simple to prepare and can be served as a side dish, salad, or light meal. Feel free to substitute whatever veggies and herbs you have on hand.
Provided by Lorelei
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease 2 baking sheets with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Place the yams, parsnips, and carrots onto the baking sheets. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, then add the zucchini and asparagus, and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Continue baking until all of the vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes more. Once tender, remove from the oven, and allow to cool for 30 minutes on the baking sheet.
- Toss the roasted peppers together with the garlic, basil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until combined. Add the roasted vegetables, and toss to mix. Serve at room temperature or cold.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 190.7 calories, Carbohydrate 34.6 g, Fat 5 g, Fiber 7.5 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, Sodium 256.5 mg, Sugar 5.5 g
MOM'S VEGETABLE MEDLEY
A colorful mix of zucchini, onion, celery, green pepper and tomato is at its tasty best in this simple side dish. Mom came up with this recipe as a way to use up her garden vegetables. It has the taste of summer.-Sue Gronholz, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large skillet, saute the celery, green pepper and onion in butter for 6-8 minutes. Add zucchini; cook and stir over medium heat until tender. Add tomato and soup mix; cook and stir until tomato is tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 42 calories, Fat 3g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 127mg sodium, Carbohydrate 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
GRILLED SUMMER VEGETABLE MEDLEY
This side dish is our favorite way to fix summer vegetables. Cleanup is a breeze because it cooks in foil. It goes from garden to table in under an hour, and makes a great accompaniment to grilled steak or chicken. - Lori Daniels, Beverly, West Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, salt, parsley and basil. Add vegetables and toss to coat. Place on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 28 in. x 18 in.). Dot with butter. Fold foil around vegetables and seal tightly. , Grill, covered, over medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until corn is tender, turning once. Open carefully to allow steam to escape.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 172 calories, Fat 13g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 15mg cholesterol, Sodium 421mg sodium, Carbohydrate 13g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
ZUCCHINI VEGGIE MEDLEY
This is a recipe I kinda just put together (the best kind!). I had way to many fresh veggies in my garden and needed to get creative. This is so simple to do, but it looks so fresh and extravagent. Please add/subtract to taste. Adding grated Parmasian Cheese is nice too! It's really hard to mess up this recipe!
Provided by Rachel Rzucidlo
Yield 2-3 cups, 3 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Put oil in large pan.
- Warm pan while dicing veggies.
- Dice the tomatoes, halve the green beans, slice the zucchini diagonally (makes it look fun!), and chop the garlic.
- Keep the pan on a medium temp, you want the juices to blend slowly.
- Throw the garlic and zucchini in warmed pan first, then add the rest.
- Throw dash of salt on the veggies to bring out the juices.
- The tomatoes will cook down almost completely, but the color they add is essential!
- Cook over medium heat until either Al Dente or soft, whatever you prefer!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 117, Fat 9.4, SaturatedFat 1.2, Sodium 66.9, Carbohydrate 8, Fiber 2.6, Sugar 3.7, Protein 2.3
- Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Slice zucchini into 3 lengthwise pieces. Spray each slice with cooking spray.
- Season with salt, garlic powder, and onion powder and set on a baking sheet.
- Broil in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Turn zucchini and broil on the other side until lightly browned, an additional 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 39.6 calories, Carbohydrate 8.4 g, Fat 0.4 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 2.7 g, SaturatedFat 0.1 g, Sodium 20.5 mg
BROILED ZUCCHINI VEGETABLE MEDLEY
Zucchini has to be one of my favorite vegetables. It's also one of the most versatile as it can be used in soups, stews, salads, even breads and cakes. But I love it all by itself. I got the idea for this recipe from a Giada DeLaurentis cookbook and made a few changes - Even people who claim to hate zucchini have asked for seconds. I hope you'll enjoy it too.
Provided by Marina Neff @Kittiecooks
Number Of Ingredients 8
- par boil the potatoes over medium high heat till just tender - about 5-6 minutes. set aside to cool
- heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, add garlic, rosemary, thyme and oregano, Add the zucchini, onion, and potatoes and saute till light golden brown - (about 12 minutes or so) tossing gently to make sure all the veggies get coated with the herbs
- preheat the broiler, and line a baking sheet with foil. Spread the vegetables out and sprinkle with salt,cracked black pepper, and parmesean cheese and put under the broiler about 4 minutes or till cheese is golden and bubbly. Enjoy!
- * if you want a little extra "flavor" you can substitute butter for the olive oil. My husband and I love it both ways.
More about "broiled zucchini vegetable medley recipes"
BROILED ZUCCHINI - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
4.5/5 (2)Estimated Reading Time 1 min
- Set the oven to broil and line a baking sheet with foil. Spray or coat the foil with olive oil. Slice the zucchini lengthwise, approximately 1/4 inch thick. Spread the slices out on the baking sheet brush lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle sea salt and crack pepper over the slices.
- Broil for 3 minutes and then remove from oven and turn over the zucchini slices. Brush them with olive oil and once again sprinkle with salt and crack pepper over them. Broil again for 2-4 minutes until they are tender, but still crisp. Enjoy!
VEGGIE BAKE | OVEN-ROASTED ZUCCHINI MEDLEY - THE …
ZUCCHINI MEDLEY - BUNNY'S WARM OVEN
GARDEN VEGETABLE MEDLEY - HEALTHY, AFFORDABLE, EASY …
10 BEST FROZEN VEGETABLE MEDLEY RECIPES | YUMMLY
APPLEBEE'S VEGETABLE MEDLEY RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
QUICK BBQ GRILLED VEGETABLE MEDLEY RECIPE - CHAR-BROIL
GRILLED VEGETABLE MEDLEY RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
DRBBQ'S GRILLED ZUCCHINI AND SQUASH MEDLEY - DIZZY PIG CRAFT …
N.YR.EVE FEAST - 1. BROILED VEGETABLE MEDLEY
GREEK ROASTED VEGETABLE MEDLEY | AKIS PETRETZIKIS
ZUCCHINI SQUASH VEGETABLE MEDLEY RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
BROILED VEGETABLE MEDLEY RECIPE
BROILED VEGETABLE MEDLEY RECIPE - COOKING INDEX
ZUCCHINI VEGETABLE MEDLEY - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
ZUCCHINI VEGETABLE MEDLEY - RECIPES - PAGE 2 | COOKS.COM
GRILLED ZUCCHINI RECIPE WITH ORANGE AND MINT - SWIRLS OF FLAVOR
EASY ROASTED VEGETABLE MEDLEY (+ THE BEST SEASONING) - OH …
BABY VEGETABLE MEDLEY | CANADIAN LIVING
GRILLED VEGETABLE MEDLEY | CHAR-BROIL®
GRILLED VEGETABLE MEDLEY RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
GRILLED ZUCCHINI & HALLOUMI WITH HERBED COUSCOUS RECIPE
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST GRILLED VEGETABLE MEDLEY - JUST~ONE~DONNA
SHEET PAN ROASTED ASIAN VEGETABLE MEDLEY - CREME DE LA CRUMB
GRILLED VEGETABLE MEDLEY – JAMIE COOKS IT UP
STEAMIN' VEGETABLE MEDLEY | MRFOOD.COM
BAKED VEGETABLE MEDLEY - PLOWING THROUGH LIFE
ITALIAN GRILLED VEGETABLE MEDLEY RECIPE | HOLLAND HOUSE
VEGETABLE MEDLEY RECIPES WITH ZUCCHINI - THERESCIPES.INFO
GRILLED VEG (CARROT, SQUASH, ZUCCHINI & ONION) RECIPE - SPARKRECIPES
VEGETABLES > ZUCCHINI MEDLEY - NHLBI DELICIOUSLY HEALTHY EATING …
GRILLED VEGETABLE MEDLEY - BIGOVEN.COM
ROASTED GARLIC AND ZUCCHINI MEDLEY - MEALTHY.COM
GRILLED VEGETABLE BARLEY MEDLEY - SUGARLOVESPICES
HOW TO BROIL ZUCCHINI AND YELLOW SQUASH (IN ANY OVEN)
GRILLED VEGETABLE MEDLEY 3 RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
GRILLED ZUCCHINI MEDLEY: VEGETABLE RECIPES | KANSAS CITY STEAKS
ZUCCHINI AND SQUASH MEDLEY - COOKING PROFESSIONALLY
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How long do you Broil zucchini in the oven?Broil the zucchini until a few pieces are just starting to brown. In our toaster oven that took about 3 to 4 minutes. The broiler in our traditional oven took a little longer, about 6 minutes.
How to cook zucchini in oven with olive oil?Spray or coat the foil with olive oil. Slice the zucchini lengthwise, approximately 1/4 inch thick. Spread the slices out on the baking sheet brush lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle sea salt and crack pepper over the slices. Broil for 3 minutes and then remove from oven and turn over the zucchini slices.
What do you do with broiled zucchini rounds?The broiled rounds make a yummy addition to grilled cheese sandwiches, veggie calzones, or this perfect-for-summer broiled zucchini and lemon ricotta flatbread! Broiled zucchini rounds are simple to make and a great way to use up this tasty little summer vegetable. Adjust toaster oven cooking rack to the top position.
What is the best way to cook zucchini and squash?Directions Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Combine zucchini and yellow squash pieces with onions and mushrooms in a mixing bowl. Combine poultry seasoning with salt and pepper and sprinkle evenly over the vegetables.