- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a 2 quart casserole dish combine rice, broth, soup, butter, Worcestershire sauce and basil.
- Bake covered for 1 hour, stirring once after 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 425.3 calories, Carbohydrate 66.2 g, Cholesterol 33.4 mg, Fat 13.5 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 8.8 g, SaturatedFat 7.8 g, Sodium 1091 mg, Sugar 3.5 g
BROWN RICE PORRIDGE WITH HAZELNUTS AND JAM
- Preheat oven to 350°. Toast hazelnuts on a rimmed baking sheet, tossing occasionally, until golden brown, 8-10 minutes. Let cool, then coarsely chop.
- Combine almond milk, rice, sugar, salt, and 4 cups water in a large saucepan; scrape in vanilla seeds and add pod. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until rice is very tender and mixture resembles loose rice pudding or oatmeal, 60-70 minutes. Remove vanilla pod. Serve porridge topped with jam and hazelnuts.
BROWN RICE WITH HAZELNUTS
- Toast nuts in a small pan over low heat then remove from heat and reserve.
- Bring 3 cups stock and 2 tablespoons butter or extra-virgin olive oil to a boil. Add rice, stir, return to boil, cover and reduce heat. Simmer rice 17 to 18 minutes, until tender and liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat. Add nuts and parsley as you fluff rice with fork. Transfer to serving dish.
BROWN-BUTTER SHRIMP WITH HAZELNUTS
Shrimp is an ideal weeknight ingredient, for both its versatility and its quick-cooking nature. This one-skillet meal pairs sweet shrimp with crunchy hazelnuts that are toasted in oil to awaken and refresh their rich, nutty flavor. Browned butter infused with garlic gently cooks the shrimp, keeping them tender and juicy, and a final addition of lemon juice turns the mixture into a tangy, rich pan sauce. Leftovers can be tossed with greens for a quick and satisfying salad, or used for a seafood-based fried rice.
Provided by Kay Chun
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium. Add hazelnuts and cook, stirring frequently, until the nuts smell toasty and are deep golden, about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the nuts to a paper towel-lined plate. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add butter and shallot to the skillet, and cook, stirring, until shallots are golden and butter is browned, about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic, then add shrimp. Season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp turn opaque and light golden, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and parsley.
- Transfer shrimp to a serving platter and spoon over any pan sauces. Top with the toasted hazelnuts and serve with crusty bread or over egg noodles.
HAZELNUT BROWN RICE CASSEROLE
Brown rice already has a nutty flavor. The hazelnuts add to the nuttiness. A good side for roasted meats.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
Categories Brown Rice
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, mix together the rice, broth, water, soy sauce, Worcestershire, butter, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil; transfer mixture to a 2 quart casserole dish that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake in a 350°F oven for about 1 hour or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in nuts just before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 254.3, Fat 9.4, SaturatedFat 2.5, Cholesterol 7.6, Sodium 449.4, Carbohydrate 38, Fiber 2.5, Sugar 1.1, Protein 5.4
WILD RICE STUFFING WITH HAZELNUTS AND DRIED CRANBERRIES
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté until tender, about 4 minutes. Add chicken broth. Bring to boil. Add wild rice. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer 30 minutes. Mix in brown rice; cover and simmer until rice is just tender and most liquid is absorbed, about 30 minutes longer.
- Stir cranberries, parsley and thyme into rice. Cover and cook until liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes longer. Mix in hazelnuts and green onions. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- To bake stuffing in turkey:
- Loosely fill main cavity with stuffing. Butter ceramic baking dish. Spoon remaining stuffing into prepared dish. Cover with buttered foil, buttered side down. Bake stuffing in dish alongside turkey until heated through, about 30 minutes.
- To bake all of stuffing in baking dish:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 15x10x2-inch glass or ceramic baking dish. Transfer stuffing to prepared dish. Cover dish with buttered foil, buttered side down; bake stuffing until heated through, about 40 minutes.
BROWN RICE AND WALNUTS
- Cook the rice using the package directions, omitting the salt and margarine.
- Meanwhile, heat a small skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dry-roast the walnuts for 4 minutes, or until beginning to lightly brown, stirring constantly.
- Transfer the walnuts to a sheet of aluminum foil or a plate to prevent overcooking.
- When the rice is tender, stir in the walnuts and the remaining ingredients.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 120.8, Fat 3.1, SaturatedFat 0.4, Sodium 157.5, Carbohydrate 20.7, Fiber 1.8, Sugar 1.6, Protein 3
More about "brown rice with hazelnuts recipes"
BROWN RICE PORRIDGE WITH HAZELNUTS AND JAM RECIPE
20 DELICIOUS WAYS TO EAT BROWN RICE | MARTHA STEWART
HEALTHY HAZELNUT RECIPES | EATINGWELL
BLACK RICE WITH HAZELNUTS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
BROWN RICE WITH WALNUTS AND GOLDEN RAISINS - RECIPE
VEGAN LOW FODMAP BROWN RICE STUFFING WITH APPLES …
SLOW-COOKER BROWN RICE PILAF WITH CHERRIES
BROWN RICE WITH HAZELNUTS AND SAGE | BLUE FLAME KITCHEN
Servings 8Calories 290 per servingCategory Sides
BROWN RICE PORRIDGE WITH HAZELNUTS AND JAM - MASTERCOOK
LEMON-BROWNED BUTTER COD WITH HAZELNUT PILAF RECIPE
BROWN RICE PORRIDGE WITH HAZELNUTS AND JAM | RECIPE CART
BROWN RICE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
BROWN RICE WITH APRICOTS AND HAZELNUTS RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
BROWN RICE PORRIDGE WITH HAZELNUTS AND JAM FOOD
BLACK RICE WITH HAZELNUTS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BROWN RICE PILAF WITH HAZELNUTS – ARROWHEAD MILLS
BROWN RICE WITH APRICOTS AND HAZELNUTS - BIGOVEN.COM
BROWN RICE WITH HAZELNUTS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
21 HEALTHY BROWN RICE RECIPES - HEALTHY GREEN KITCHEN
BROWN RICE WITH HAZELNUTS RECIPE - COOKING INDEX
BROWN RICE WITH MILK - 1 RECIPES | TASTYCRAZE.COM
SLOW-COOKER BROWN RICE PILAF WITH CHERRIES & HAZELNUTS
BROWN RICE WITH HAZELNUTS BEST RECIPES
BROWN RICE WITH HAZELNUTS – RECIPES NETWORK
BROWN RICE WITH SUNDRIED TOMATOES, KALAMATA OLIVES AND …
INSTANT POT BROWN RICE – WELLPLATED.COM
BROWN RICE SALAD WITH CHARD, GRAPES, AND HAZELNUTS
BROWN RICE PORRIDGE WITH HAZELNUTS AND JAM | PUNCHFORK
30 EASY RECIPES WITH BROWN RICE | MYRECIPES
BROWN RICE PORRIDGE WITH HAZELNUTS AND JAM RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
BROWN RICE WITH SUNDRIED TOMATOES, KALAMATA OLIVES AND …
BROWN RICE WITH VANILLA - 1 RECIPES | TASTYCRAZE.COM
BROWN RICE WITH RED CHICORY AND TOASTED HAZELNUTS RECIPE | OREEGANO
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the coconut flavor in brown rice?The bold coconut flavor in this brown rice recipe comes from three forms of coconut: coconut milk, coconut oil, and shredded coconut. The natural sweetness of the coconut contrasts against the nuttier, deeper flavor of the rice. A shredded coconut topping adds a chewy, decadent texture.
What goes well with brown rice in a salad?Brown Rice Salad with Chard, Grapes, and Hazelnuts This unconventional salad incorporates rainbow chard, red grapes, and raw hazelnuts into a bowl of brown rice. The ingredients work together to create a balanced but varied flavor that’s made even better by the rosemary-shallot vinaigrette tossed into the salad.
What is brown rice good for?Brown rice is a nutrient-dense, wholesome grain. It contains both the bran and the germ, which are removed from more processed white rice. Apart from the health benefits, brown rice also has a nuttier, more complex flavor than white rice, making it the perfect base for bowls, salads, and casseroles.