Here's my version of what's often called 'the San Francisco treat,' although the next time I see this served here will be the first time. I used real chicken broth and a variety of seasonings.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Mix together salt, pepper, coriander, mustard powder, celery salt, paprika, turmeric, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add diced onion and pasta. Cook and stir until onions soften and pasta turns golden brown, 4 to 6 minutes. Stir in spice blend; cook and stir about 30 seconds. Add rice and stir until rice is coated with butter, about 1 minute.
- Pour in chicken broth. Bring to a simmer. Stir; reduce heat to low. Cover with a tight-fitting lid; cook for 17 minutes. Remove from heat; let covered skillet sit for 5 minutes. Remove lid and stir in parsley, fluffing rice and breaking up any clumps.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 297.4 calories, Carbohydrate 51.4 g, Cholesterol 18.3 mg, Fat 6.7 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 6.8 g, SaturatedFat 3.8 g, Sodium 1097.6 mg, Sugar 2.2 g
RICE A RONI
Rice a roni is a very easy recipe, that tastes delicious and satisfying. A budget friendly and perfect side dish that is guaranteed to be a hit.
Provided by Catalina
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Place a large pan over medium heat and add olive oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the diced onion and cook stirring for 1 minutes.
- Add the diced bell pepper and minced garlic. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the pasta pieces and cook until browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the dry rice and cook stirring for another minute.
- Add the chicken broth, salt, pepper, dried parsley and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to low. Cover the pan and cook for 20 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed. You can stir the mixture once mid-cooking.
- Once cooked, don't lift the lid. Remove the pan from heat and let it stand for 10 minutes. After that, fluff with a fork and garnish with chopped parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 513 kcal, Carbohydrate 97 g, Protein 14 g, Fat 6 g, Sodium 777 mg, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 3 g, ServingSize 1 serving
BUDGET RICE-A-RONI MEATBALLS
This recipe makes the gravy from the seasoning packet included in the Rice-a-Roni, so there's no additional expense for the gravy. Got to make a dollar holler! :)
Provided by MakeDollarHoller
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 14 mearballs, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Set seasoning mix aside.
- Combine the rice mix and the egg.
- Add the raw beef in a large bowl and mix together with your hands.
- Roll into meatballs (about an inch and a half).
- In a large skillet, brown the meatballs on all sides.
- Meanwhile, mix the seasoning packet and boiling water.
- Pour over the meatballs and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Pour the cornstarch/water mixture into the skillet and simmer for 2 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 261.7, Fat 18.2, SaturatedFat 7, Cholesterol 123.6, Sodium 97.3, Carbohydrate 0.1, Sugar 0.1, Protein 22.6
More about "budget rice a roni recipes"
MAKING DINNER FAST & CHEAP/RICE A RONI TO THE …
Author Smalltown SixViews 1.2K
RICE A RONI SALAD RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
EASY SPANICH RICE A RONI WITH GROUND BEEF - THE FARMWIFE COOKS
COPYCAT RICE-A-RONI - FOODY SCHMOODY BLOG
10 BEST GROUND BEEF RICE A RONI RECIPES | YUMMLY
GROUND BEEF AND RICE A RONI MEATBALLS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
HOW TO MAKE RICE A RONI | BEST RICE FROM A BOX? - YOUTUBE
BETTER THAN THE BOX RICE DISH | COPYCAT RICE-A-RONI RECIPE
HOMEMADE RICE-A-RONI - DINNER AT THE ZOO
HOMEMADE RICE-A-RONI MIX RECIPE - FABULESSLY FRUGAL
HOMEMADE RICE-A-RONI RECIPE - REAL LIFE DINNER
21 BUDGET-FRIENDLY RECIPES STARRING RICE - KITCHN
HOMEMADE RICE-A-RONI: CHICKEN FLAVORED • DEEPFRIEDHONEY
HOW TO MAKE RICE‐A‐RONI: 5 STEPS (WITH PICTURES) - WIKIHOW
HOMEMADE SLOW COOKER RICE-A-RONI - 365 DAYS OF SLOW COOKING …
BEST HOMEMADE RICE-A-RONI - THE DARING GOURMET
SPANISH RICE (INSPIRED BY RICE A RONI) RECIPE | SIDECHEF
PERFECT COPYCAT RICE-A-RONI - BROWN THUMB MAMA®
HOMEMADE RICE AND RONI | PAULA DEEN
BUDGET RICE A RONI RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
BUDGET RICE A RONI MEATBALLS RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
ORIGINAL RECIPE: COPYCAT RICE-A-RONI - RECIPECHATTER
HOMEMADE RICE-A-RONI - THE HAPPY HOUSEWIFE™ :: COOKING
BUDGET RICE-A-RONI MEATBALLS - PLAIN.RECIPES
MILLION DOLLAR CHICKEN RICE-A-RONI CASSEROLE - PLAIN CHICKEN
10 BEST GROUND BEEF RICE A RONI RECIPES | YUMMLY
COOKING ON A BUDGET: MUSHROOM RICE AND RONI | COOKING ON A …
COPYCAT RICE A RONI - MY FORKING LIFE
EASY RICE-AH-RONI RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
WORLD BEST FLAKES : BUDGET RICE-A-RONI
BUDGET RICE-A-RONI MEATBALLS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
BEEFY RICE-A-RONI CASSEROLE - PLAIN CHICKEN
FIND A RECIPE - RICE A RONI
46 RICE-A-RONI RECIPES IDEAS | RICE A RONI, RECIPES, COOKING RECIPES
HOMEMADE RICE-A-RONI - FARM BELL RECIPES
BUDGET RICE-A-RONI MEATBALLS RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | RICE A …
HOMEMADE RICE-A-RONI - COOKING FOR KEEPS
A PHOTO EDITED WITH PICMONKEY | RICE SIDE DISH RECIPES, RICE SIDE ...
RECIPES | RICEARONI.COM
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #for-large-groups #side-dishes #inexpensive #pasta-rice-and-grains #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook rice a Roni?Rice a roni is a very easy recipe, that tastes delicious and satisfying. A budget friendly and perfect side dish that is guaranteed to be a hit. Place a large pan over medium heat and add olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the diced onion and cook stirring for 1 minutes.
What is rice-a-Roni?Homemade Rice-A-Roni is a delicious rice and pasta pilaf side dish. This tasty treat goes with almost any meal, but it is especially flavorful served alongside a chicken dish. 1 tbsp Ghee Alternatively, you can use olive oil or a combination of olive oil and butter.
What is the best fat to use when making rice-a-Roni?When making homemade Rice-A-Roni, you have a number of options when it comes to choosing the fat you want to use when you brown the pasta and rice. I used ghee in my video recipe, but you can also use olive oil or a combination of butter and olive oil. However, if you have some rendered chicken fat (also known as schmaltz ), you are in business!
Is rice a Roni gluten free?In general, all rice is gluten free. Since this Rice a Roni recipe calls for both rice and spaghetti, it won’t qualify as gluten free. Therefore, if you are looking for a gluten free side dish, make sure to use gluten free pasta or spaghetti.