CABBAGE APPLE SLAW
Chopped apple adds fruity sweetness, color and crunch to the tangy cabbage in this flavorful slaw. It's a refreshing side dish anytime of the year. Mom stored apples and cabbage in the root cellar, so she fixed this dish frequently to feed our big family.-Lucile H. Proctor, Panguitch, Utah
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large bowl, toss the cabbage and apples. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts :
EASY APPLE COLESLAW
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, red apple, green apple, carrot, red bell pepper, and green onions. In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, brown sugar, and lemon juice. Pour dressing over salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 137.1 calories, Carbohydrate 25.2 g, Cholesterol 3.4 mg, Fat 4.5 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, Sodium 107.6 mg, Sugar 19.5 g
RED CABBAGE APPLE SLAW
A pleasant yogurt and mayonnaise dressing, seasoned with celery seed, coats this colorful cabbage and apple concoction from field editor Dorothy Pritchett of Wills Point, Texas. "This tasty twist on coleslaw will perk up any meal," she assures.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a bowl, toss apple with lemon juice. Add the remaining ingredients and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 152 calories, Fat 12g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 7mg cholesterol, Sodium 145mg sodium, Carbohydrate 11g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
In the South, cole slaw is a must at big get-togethers. To modernize it, I add my favorite Arkansas Black apples and swap more than half of the usual mayo with yogurt, but it's still that classic Southern slaw that everyone loves.
Provided by Hugh Acheson
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- For the salad: Cut the cabbage around the core and julienne. Place in a large bowl and set aside. Core and julienne the apples and add them to the cabbage. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Add the scallion and celery to the cabbage/apple mixture.
- For the dressing: Combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, half the lime juice, vinegar, cumin, and pepper in a small bowl. Add the remaining lime juice to the cabbage/apple mixture to prevent the apples from oxidizing. Season the dressing with salt to taste. Pour over the cabbage/apple mixture and set aside. Roughly chop the parsley and mint and add to the slaw. Toss to coat and let rest several minutes for the flavors to macerate. (Slaw can be made and refrigerated up to two hours in advance.)
- Place slaw in a dish and serve.
CABBAGE AND APPLE SLAW
- In a large bowl, combine the green and red cabbages; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayo, sourcream, vinegar, celery seed, salt, and pepper. Add the apple(the apple should look almost like matchsticks).
- Pour over the cabbage and toss gently until coated. Cover and chill 1 hour or longer. Sprinkle with parsley to serve.
CABBAGE AND GREEN APPLE SLAW
- Whisk together yogurt, chile, vinegar, ginger, mustard seeds, salt, and cumin seeds. Stir in cabbage and apples. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
SWEET AND PUNGENT APPLE AND CABBAGE SLAW
I have a weakness for any kind of coleslaw, which I'm happy to eat for lunch every day. This one is especially nice with a little feta sprinkled on top.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories easy, quick, side dish
Yield 6 to 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Whisk together the lemon juice, vinegar, salt, mustard, oil and yogurt.
- Shred the carrot, celery, radishes, cabbage and apples. I use a food processor for this, but you can also use a box grater, and for the cabbage you can use a chef's knife. Toss immediately with the dressing. Serve topped with crumbled feta if desired.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 102, UnsaturatedFat 5 grams, Carbohydrate 13 grams, Fat 6 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 1 gram, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 299 milligrams, Sugar 9 grams, TransFat 0 grams
CABBAGE AND APPLE SLAW
- In a bowl stir together the yogurt, the sour cream, and the honey, add the cabbage, the apple, the onion, the parsley, and salt and pepper to taste, and stir the salad until it is combined well.
CABBAGE AND APPLE SLAW WITH BUTTER-TOASTED PECANS
- Cut apple into 1/2-inch cubes and very thinly slice enough cabbage to measure 3 cups. In a bowl toss together apple, cabbage, lemon juice, and salt to taste.
- Chop pecans. In a small skillet toast pecans in butter over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until fragrant. Sprinkle sugar and salt to taste over pecans and cook, stirring frequently, until pecans are coated, about 1 minute. Remove skillet from heat and cool pecans slightly. Add pecans with butter in skillet and chives to cabbage mixture and toss to combine well. Season slaw with salt.
CABBAGE, APPLE AND ALMOND SLAW
For a crisp, crunchy slaw, combine Fisher Sliced Almonds, apples, cabbage and serve this great addition at any meal.
Provided by Fisher Nuts
Yield 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- For dressing, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, celery seed, salt and black pepper in small bowl; whisk until blended. Set aside.
- For slaw, combine in large mixing bowl cabbage, apple, celery and toasted almonds; toss to combine.
- Pour dressing over slaw; gently mix until coated. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour or longer. To serve, spoon into salad bowls.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 72.4, Fat 5.1, SaturatedFat 1.3, Cholesterol 6, Sodium 155.8, Carbohydrate 6.6, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 3.2, Protein 0.7
EASY APPLE CABBAGE SLAW
- Toss cabbage, apple, and onions together in a large bowl.
- Whisk vinegar, sugar, olive oil, vegetable oil, Dijon mustard, and red pepper flakes together in a saucepan over medium heat; bring dressing to a simmer. Pour hot dressing over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until flavors blend and slaw is cold, at least 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 141.3 calories, Carbohydrate 16.9 g, Fat 8.2 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 1.1 g, SaturatedFat 1.2 g, Sodium 52.4 mg, Sugar 13.9 g
More about "cabbage and apple slaw recipes"
MUSTARDY CABBAGE AND APPLE SLAW RECIPE - KATE WINSLOW …
- Stir together the mustards, vinegar and sugar in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine the cabbage, apples and scallions in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss gently to coat. Taste and adjust the seasonings. Let the slaw sit for at least 30 minutes before serving.
CREAMY APPLE SLAW RECIPE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
CABBAGE APPLE SLAW | CANADIAN LIVING
CABBAGE AND APPLE SLAW - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
CABBAGE AND APPLE SLAW RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CABBAGE AND GREEN APPLE SLAW WITH HOMEMADE …
APPLE CABBAGE SLAW RECIPE - TASTE OF THE SOUTH
MIXED CABBAGE APPLE COLESLAW - JO COOKS
RECIPE: APPLE-BACON SLAW | KITCHN
RED CABBAGE APPLE SLAW - A PRETTY AND TASTY RECIPE
APPLE-CABBAGE SLAW RECIPE - THE MOUNTAIN KITCHEN
RED CABBAGE COLESLAW WITH APPLE & CARROT (NO MAYO)
CABBAGE-FENNEL-APPLE SLAW - LINDYSEZ | RECIPES
CABBAGE AND APPLE SLAW | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY …
CABBAGE APPLE SLAW WITH HONEY-LIME DRESSING | KITCHN
FANTASTIC APPLE CABBAGE SLAW FOR SUNDAY DINNER - CTV
LIGHT AND CREAMY APPLE CABBAGE SLAW - BUDGET BYTES
TOP 41 AMISH PICKLED CABBAGE RECIPE-RECIPES
CRANBERRY, ALMOND, & APPLE SLAW RECIPE - COOKING CLASSY
CABBAGE APPLE SLAW | HEART AND STROKE FOUNDATION
GRILLED LOBSTER ROLLS WITH APPLE AND CABBAGE SLAW RECIPE
CARROT, CABBAGE, & APPLE SLAW & CUMIN LIME DRESSING RECIPE
APPLE-CABBAGE SLAW | FOOD NETWORK HEALTHY EATS: RECIPES, IDEAS, …
SPIRALIZED APPLE CABBAGE SLAW - SKINNYTASTE
APPLE AND CABBAGE SLAW - A BOUNTIFUL KITCHEN
CABBAGE AND APPLE SLAW RECIPE - RECIPESCHOICE
RED CABBAGE AND APPLE SLAW | THE MODERN PROPER
CABBAGE SLAW SALAD RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
PURPLE CABBAGE AND APPLE SLAW RECIPE - COUNTRY GROCER
10 MINUTE APPLE CABBAGE SLAW - LENA'S KITCHEN
CABBAGE & APPLE SLAW - SAFEWAY
APPLE CABBAGE SLAW WITH CREAMY POPPY SEED DRESSING - SIMPLY …
WARM APPLE-CABBAGE SLAW RECIPE | EATINGWELL
CABBAGE, BEET, APPLE AND GINGER SLAW - INSPIREHEALTH
APPLE-CABBAGE SLAW RECIPE | RACHAEL RAY
CHICKEN MILANESE WITH CABBAGE & APPLE SLAW - THE GOOD DISH
KETO RED CABBAGE SLAW RECIPE - ESTRELLAVINCENT
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #for-1-or-2 #low-protein #healthy #salads #side-dishes #eggs-dairy #fruit #vegetables #easy #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-calorie #healthy-2 #low-in-something #apples #greens #number-of-servings #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love