CAJUN BOILED PEANUTS - RECIPE
This Cajun boiled peanuts recipe brings just the right amount of spice and lets you adjust it to your preference. It's a wonderful spicy southern snack or appetizer.
Provided by Mike Hultquist
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Add the peanuts to a large pot. Pour in enough water to cover the peanuts. It's usually a couple gallons of water.
- Stir in the shrimp and crab boil and Cajun seasonings (or Creole seasonings) with salt.
- Add the habanero peppers, if using them. They add a very good level of heat to the whole batch.
- Dash in your hot sauce and give it a good stir.
- Bring the pot to a boil, then reduce heat. Partially cover the pot with a lid and simmer for 5 hours. Check it periodically to push the peanuts under the seasoned water.
- Cool. You can eat the peanuts now if you'd like, but to develop more flavor, cover and set the pot into the refrigerator.
- Refrigerate overnight to let the flavors develop. The peanuts will become much more infused with the seasonings as they steep in the liquid.
- Reheat on the stove top and enjoy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 473 kcal, Carbohydrate 20 g, Protein 21 g, Fat 38 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Sodium 1185 mg, Fiber 9 g, ServingSize 1 serving
CAJUN BOILED PEANUTS RECIPE (3 WAYS!)
- INSTANT POT BOILED PEANUTS: (77-93 Minutes) Place the peanuts in a 6 or 8 quart Instant Pot. Add the salt, cajun seasoning, crushed red pepper, liquid smoke, and garlic powder. Pour in 4 quarts water... Or enough to cover the peanuts when you push them down.
- Lock the lid into place. Set on Pressure Cook High for 77 minutes for green peanuts or 93 minutes for raw peanuts. Once the timer goes off, perform a natural release. Once the steam button drops it's safe to open the Instant Pot.
- STOVETOP BOILED PEANUTS: (2-8 Hours) Place a large 6-8 quart dutch oven over high heat. Add the peanuts, salt, cajun seasoning, crushed red pepper, liquid smoke, and garlic powder. Pour in 4+ quarts of water, or enough to cover the peanuts when they are pushed down.
- Cover the pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, stir well, then lower the heat to a mild simmer. Cover and cook for 2-3 hours for green peanuts or 6-8 hours for raw peanuts. Check the water level every hour and add warm tap water if needed.
- CROCK POT BOILED PEANUTS: (22-38 Hours) Set out a large 6+ quart crock pot. Add the peanuts, salt, cajun seasoning, crushed red pepper, liquid smoke, and garlic powder. Pour in 3-4 quarts water, or enough to cover the peanuts when they are pressed down.
- Cover the crock pot and set on low. Cook for 22-24 hours for green peanuts, and 36-38 hours for raw peanuts. Add water every 8 hours if needed.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 cup, Calories 333 kcal, Carbohydrate 11 g, Protein 15 g, Fat 29 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Sodium 4760 mg, Fiber 6 g, Sugar 1 g
RACHAEL'S SUPERHEATED CAJUN BOILED PEANUTS
This is the real deal that is found in the heart of Florida. I made this recipe to resemble the taste of my favorite boiled peanuts found in the Ocala National Forest. My family agreed this recipe was one of the best!
Provided by Rachael N Reed Palmer
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place peanuts, crab boil, jalapenos, garlic powder, salt, Cajun seasoning, and red pepper flakes into a slow cooker. Pour in water to cover the peanuts and stir to combine. Cover and cook on Low until peanuts are soft, at least 24 hours. Stir occasionally, and add water as needed to keep peanuts covered. Drain; serve hot or cold.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 360.1 calories, Carbohydrate 16.2 g, Fat 29.6 g, Fiber 7.7 g, Protein 16.1 g, SaturatedFat 4.2 g, Sodium 6206.6 mg, Sugar 3.6 g
CAJUN BOILED PEANUTS
A wonderful southern tradition--and obviously and acquired taste! Don't want it so hot?- replace pepper and Cajun seasonings and jalapeños with some ham hocks and have them country style.
Provided by Shawn C
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In large steel stock pot (for outside use) place peanuts and fill with water 3/4 full.
- Add all but the jalapeños.
- Place on gas burner and heat until boiling.
- Boil at a steady boil for about 6 hours, adding water as needed to keep pot at least half full.
- Stir occasionally.
- During last 2 hours add jalapeños.
- Taste at the end of the 6 hours for doneness. They should be completely soft and the inside of the shells are completely "wet" looking--no white remains visible.
- Eat hot or cold!
- They are great!
- Freeze some for later--just heat in microwave to enjoy that fresh out of pot taste again!
CAJUN BOILED PEANUTS FROM RACHAEL RAY
I never knew about these until I visited Charleston...they must be healthy, safer for small children to eat. I know they are delicious and a good substitute for potato chips or doritos.
Provided by carrie sheridan
Yield 1 lb, 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place peanuts, crab boil, jalapenos, garlic powder, salt, Cajun seasoning, and jalapeno peppers and red pepper flakes into a slow cooker.
- Pour in water to cover the peanuts and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low until peanuts are soft, at least 24 hours. Stir occasionally, and add water as needed to keep peanuts covered.
- Drain; serve hot or cold.
- Note: can be kept in slow cooker on the warm setting. You may want to cook these for longer (up to 36 hours) depending on personal taste. Can be refrigerated for at least 3 days and even 1 week.
- recipe for cajun seasoning: 1 tablespoon salt 1-1/4 teaspoons dried oregano 1-1/4 teaspoons paprika 1-1/4 teaspoons cayenne pepper 1-1/4 teaspoons ground black pepper.
More about "cajun boiled peanuts recipes"
CROCK POT CAJUN BOILED PEANUTS - TAMMILEE TIPS
CAJUN BOILED PEANUTS RECIPE - LAUGH WITH US BLOG
CAJUN BOILED PEANUTS – PALATABLE PASTIME PALATABLE …
CAJUN BOILED PEANUTS | THE LOCAL PALATE
HOMEMADE CAJUN BOILED PEANUTS (AND HOT AND HOT …
CAJUN BOILED PEANUTS - SOUTHERN CAST IRON
DEEP SOUTH DISH: GOOBER PEAS - CAJUN BOILED PEANUTS
INSTANT POT CAJUN BOILED PEANUTS - COOKING WITH JANICA
CAJUN BOILED PEANUTS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
- Place Cajun seasoning in a large stock pot; add peanuts and water to cover. Soak peanuts at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours. (You may need to weigh down peanuts with a large plate or lid to ensure that they are fully submerged.) Drain and rinse.
- Place peanuts, salt, and crab boil in stock pot with 4 1/2 qt. water; bring to a boil over high heat. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 6 hours or until peanuts are tender, adding water as needed to keep peanuts covered; stir occasionally.
CAJUN BOILED PEANUTS | PETA
SPICY CAJUN SEASONED PEANUTS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CAJUN BOILED PEANUTS | 12 TOMATOES
6 BOILED PEANUT RECIPES YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO RESIST
CROCK POT SPICY BOILED PEANUTS - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
CAJUN BOILED PEANUTS RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
CROCKPOT CAJUN BOILED PEANUTS - MARGIN MAKING MOM®
THE BEST CROCKPOT BOILED PEANUTS CAJUN CAROLINA STYLE - KENDALL …
CROCK POT CAJUN BOILED PEANUTS RECIPE - CHISEL & FORK
CAJUN PEANUTS IN SHELL - THERESCIPES.INFO
21 CAJUN BOILED PEANUTS RECIPE - SELECTED RECIPES
SPICY CAJUN BOILED PEANUTS [VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE] - ONE GREEN PLANET
INSTANT POT CAJUN BOILED PEANUTS - MARGIN MAKING MOM®
CROCK POT CAJUN BOILED PEANUTS IN 3 SIMPLE STEPS
RECIPE FOR CAJUN BOILED PEANUTS - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CAJUN BOILED PEANUTS - YUM TASTE
CAJUN BOIL PEANUTS ASMRの人気動画を探索しましょう | TIKTOK
21 CAJUN BOILED PEANUTS RECIPE INSTANT POT - SELECTED RECIPES
BOILED PEANUTS RECIPE - TASTE OF SOUTHERN
CAJUN BOILED PEANUTS - COMMUNITY FOR SLOW COOKER RECIPES
SPICE UP YOUR SNACKS WITH THIS CAJUN BOILED PEANUTS RECIPE
BEST EVER CAJUN BOILED PEANUT RECIPE - YOUTUBE
BEST CAJUN BOILED PEANUT RECIPES - THE DAILY MEAL
BOILED PEANUTS - IMMACULATE BITES
CAJUN BOILED PEANUTS | PETA
LOUISIANA BOILED PEANUTS : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
CAJUN BEER BOILED PEANUTS (SLOW COOKER) - BISCUITS & BURLAP
CAJUN BOIL RECIPE INSTANT POT | DEPORECIPE.CO
CAJUN BOILED PEANUTS | SLOW COOKER BOILED PEANUTS - WINDY CITY …
CAJUN BOILED PEANUTS CROCK POT RECIPE
CAJUN BOILED PEANUTS - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
#time-to-make #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #5-ingredients-or-less #vegetables #american #cajun #southern-united-states #easy #beginner-cook #dietary #low-carb #low-in-something #equipment #technique
You'll also love